Artifex
less than three

Old 02-05-2012, 02:13 PM

((http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-daughter.html
The Pharaoh's Daughter role-play. Solum.))

He found himself standing on a tall rooftop in Memphis. The palace was in view, some ways away but he turned his back to it, he didn't want to think about that right now.

So much had happened and it wasn't over yet-it would never be over until he was dead. After all, there must always be a King of Thieves. "I'm waiting to be killed" the white-haired man mumbled as his eyes turned to the night sky, a full moon adorned the dark abyss.

He gave another glance around, just to make sure no one was watching and no one would overhear. "... I have to be careful you see" he whispered to the moon awkwardly, "I can't let anyone know these things... but I need someone to talk to. Someone who can't talk back, someone who won't turn on me, someone who won't judge me." he gazed up at the large glowing mass in the sky, only silence answered of course, "... this is foolish." Solum shook his head and turned to leave.

He reached the edge of the rooftop before stopping. Perhaps it was foolish, but actually having someone to talk to made him feel so much better. He couldn't risk writing things down in case someone found it and normally he could talk to his brother but Malum was part of the problem this time.

"I can't talk to the princess either." Solum turned back to the moon, "she wouldn't understand. She means well but I just can't talk to anyone. Anyone but you."

Solum sighed, walking back to the center of the roof, he sat down and leaned back to gaze at the sky, "Alright. Here goes. I'll tell you what's wrong but I swear if you let me down as well then I'm done for," he warned.

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-05-2012, 09:15 PM

"I've always had my brother to count on" Solum began, "we're twins, we've literally been there for each other our entire lives. We understand each other more than anyone else could ever hope to. From the destruction of our home as children, through years of running for our lives, we've trained to fight together, we've learned from each other and built off each other's strengths and weaknesses, I don't think I've ever been apart from him for more than a week...

"So many years... he saw me through this whole King of thieves thing. He's taken my place more often than he ever should have. He's kept me alive and sane. He's always been the stronger one of us. He even has magic, where I have nothing.... nothing at all..." the realization fell across his face with terror and he brought his knees up to hug close to his body, "I have nothing without him."

He took a moment to breathe and try remain calm, "and then... then he died" the words tasted like coal in his mouth, "he died and he was gone. I was alone. The only way I could possibly survive was to become as strong as my brother but I'm not-I'm just... not. I'm so weak..." his hand strayed across his face where a long scar ran alongside his eye and down his cheek, "we both have this scar..." he whispered softly, "but only mine is real... only mine marks my mistake against our greatest enemy. Malum had to inflict his own, to keep us looking the same. Every time I look at him I see how my failures have hurt him."

"Yes, he died. I nearly died as well soon after. I'm so pathetic that I can't even take care of myself properly for a few weeks. Asima saved my life then. The princess of Egypt saved me, and yet I know it was only for Malum's sake. I was merely a memento of my brother, a look-alike that she could gaze upon and for a moment believe her lover was still alive. Yes, she went through rather high stakes to help me stay on my feet but I could see it in her eyes every time she looked at me. There was a moment of joy, followed by realization and despair.

"I ruined her life to. I made her a murderer, cold hearted and cruel; empty, the same way that I felt every day since my brother died for her.

"and then he came back"

Solum sighed, running his hands through his white hair, "The way that he died... it was supposed to have destroyed his mind, his body and his soul. There was supposed to be nothing left once he was taken by that dark beast. Unfortunately it seemed that the beast had better plans for his body. It took my brother and possessed him, unleashing it's devastation across Egypt with his face, our face."

"I was useless, as usual. There was nothing i could do to fight him. He was too strong and he had magic, what could I do? Asima however. She could fight him. Along with the power of Set she basically destroyed the darkness in my brother, she did what I couldn't and she saved him.
Or at least that's what I had thought."

Artifex
less than three

Old 02-06-2012, 02:22 AM

Solum sighed, laying on the rooftop and gazing at the stars in silence for a few minutes. It really was nice to get this off his chest, so finally he continued to speak to the moon.

"The darkness was banished from Malum, completely gone and with it, so was my brother. Oh he's alive even now but he's... different. He's less guarded-but you'd better not tell anyone. If people start seeing how open and trusting he's become they'll just start taking advantage of it again. I suppose he always had a trusting nature... He always believed in the good that people had. He was determined to prove that no matter how horrible the person, they were still capable of doing the right thing. ... I suppose it's my fault for driving that out of him."

"Since I became the King of thieves, everything had to change. We couldn't be so trust worthy of anybody because well... everybody ended up turning on us-and yes, I mean everybody. They all had their price, some even said they regretted it but really it came down to one thing or another. People we've known for years at a time would suddenly decide that something else was more worth our friendship and they'd turn. And every time I could see the pain of betrayal, carving another scar into my brother's soul. I could see how much it weighed on him and still... still he continued for my sake. That son of a bitch just wouldn't stop for anything" he gave a bit of a smile, recalling all the good times.

"He still believed in the good people had, but he wouldn't let them get close anymore." Solum sighed, "that's when he started taking off in secret. He started approaching people under disguises and connected that way. So many people to this day don't know who it was that saved their lives, they have no idea that it was the most feared man in Egypt that brought them food and money to survive and feed their families. Yes, that man is who my brother is at the core and I suppose that's who he's become again."

"But it scares me" the male sat up, looking worried, "he doesn't have those same memories, those feelings of betrayal anymore. He doesn't understand that he can't just open up and be who he is. Everything he's learned since we were kids just doesn't register the same any more. He's so happy and carefree now and I love to see him smile but... but I've never feared for my brother so much before." he hugged his knees again, trembling lightly, "I can't bear to lose him again, but I can't bear to break his heart again either."