Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2013, 02:21 AM

Coffee & Paste
C + C[_] & C + V

Hello and welcome to my hangout and freebie thread! I haven't been here in a while and the best way to make new friends is to trick them into thinking you will draw them things. Please feel free to put up your feet, chat about things, and drink a hot (or cold) beverage while I fumble around with a stylus and maybe draw something for you!

The quality and consistency of the art will vary because I just want to do these for fun, and sometimes I feel like doing different things. And I've been in kind of a rut lately (these past few years) so my apologies for being really slow!

If you want an idea of how I draw here's my tumblr: [x]

rules
* no Grumpy Gus's allowed
(unless that's your username I guess that's fine)

notes
* feel free to post a request in any format you choose, I don't have a form or a list of required things
(if you don't post a request I'll assume you want avatar art)
* I would prefer it if you had a picture reference but it isn't a required thing
* I like creepy things

freebies done
Dystopia

Last edited by Newtionary; 06-21-2016 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: closed

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 02:39 AM

Um, may I post? > w> You have a cool style~

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 05:16 AM

interesting style. I hope you can get out of your rut soon! I know how those things go.

Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 AM

Oh yeah, I don't need to reserve posts or anything. Everyone is free to post! I suppose I should have mentioned that.

Thank you for the kind words, both of you! It's kind of still developing and all over the place, but nice to hear you find it interesting. I exaggerate a little about the rut, but it's true I haven't been making as much progress as I would like. But I guess that's the result of not doing enough studies.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM

Hopefully this shop will help you make some progress. Practice is always great.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-05-2013, 08:50 PM

c: Hey New. Do you mind drawing me a phoenix?

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM

@Newtionary - lol You're welcome~ I've been in my own rut lately too. I haven't finished any commissions/freebies since April. & I have like 8 pieces of art to do for someone and I haven't started any of them yet. OTL

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM

Kent is like me then. Though I have been doing some of my requests. I have so many neglected ones though! *cry*

Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2013, 09:12 PM

@Dystopia:
Well, I probably wouldn't mind. Depending on how challenging this particular phoenix would be to draw, haha.

@Kent & Kat:
Oh yeah, I know how that is. I've got a lot of requests I haven't finished. My friend wants me to do some book illustrations but phew, that's a lot of pressure. She really likes my art but it isn't book quality, ya know? And I've been working on a commission (not even a real money commission), since late June and it's taken me like a month and a half to get close to finishing it. I sent them the almost done WIP last week and I haven't heard back and I'm kinda on the edge of my seat.

Which is why I needed something else to work on!

Have any of you listened to the Welcome to Night Vale podcast? I started listening to it a couple days ago because it got so popular on tumblr, and it's kind of my obsession at the moment.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM

@ Newton - It can be as challenging or as not challenging as you want. I don't really have any specifics beyond that. XD

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 11:56 PM

@Kat - I feel like I haven't finished an actual commission in a long time, though. OTL

@Newtionary - Wow, book illustrations!? O: That sounds sorta cool.
The longest I've taken on a commission is almost 2 years, I think... o xo

Ooh~ I've heard of Welcome to Night Vale. I would like to give it a listen.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Newtionary: I've had a similar situation. A friend asked me to illustrate a children's book, but it was a bit much for me. I only ever did the first page. I'm not really trained in illustrations though I've been doing a lot more of them lately.

Kent: They maybe you should get arting so you can feel productive again!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 PM

Yeah, that would be nice. ; w; Now how? OTL

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM

>.< I don't know? maybe there sound be some kind of artist support group to encourage productivity. I would go to those meetings!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-07-2013, 09:28 PM

A group like that sounds lovely~ ; w; I totally need it.

Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 AM

@Dys:

:)

Do you have any specifics besides just a phoenix? I don't work well without clear instructions.

On that note I've been putting off the book stuff because they just asked me to draw whatever and... I need to be told what to draw. I'm only good at whatever when I'm drawing for myself. I'm just not creative or disciplined enough to come up with neat stuff without being told what the neat stuff is. I don't want get things wrong, you know? Because then I pretty much wasted my time and disappointed them.

And let me know if you find that art group, haha.

I've only listened to the first few episodes of Night Vale because my sister likes to listen with me, but it's right up my alley, because it's silly, creepy and cute all at the same time!

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Draw whatever? That's weird. So they don't know what they want the book to be about? I would think you'd need to come up with a story first before you get illustrations. Although, I guess you could write a book based off of illustrations. X3

I like to have clear instructions too. I want to get everything right the first time~

That sounds like an interesting combination. Makes me think of this indie game called Off.

Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2013, 12:34 AM

Well they do know what it's about, it's just I don't know what things they want drawn and so on. It's a long time from being finished though so I guess we'll have time to talk it out.

Ah, I've played a little bit of Off! Haven't finished it yet though, I keep forgetting to play it. I should probably get around to finishing it, haha. I've already been spoiled a bit on some of the end game stuff but I don't know specifics so hopefully it will still be wowing!

Oh, and do any of you know of some art sites similar to deviantART? My sister likes to use it but she's still learning and does a lot of stuff for fun, and today she got some very rude comments from someone chiding her on her lack of talent and how she shouldn't ask for so many points for her adoptables. It's a new thing and she was just testing the waters, and it probably angered me more than her when a person seven years her senior started bashing on her for no reason. I'm kinda at a loss though, dA is the only site I can think of that is (relatively) accepting of beginners besides SheezyArt, but they're down for a remodel(?) at the moment.

On an unrelated note, it's nice how slow paced these forums are, I can actually keep up for once! o3o

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-11-2013, 09:07 AM

@ Newt - Hmm... I don't have anything specific in mind. Maybe a sleeping phoenix? Is that better? XD;; /trying.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 AM

@Newtionary - Oh. So they're still writing the story? Ah, yes, you should talk it out. X3

I've just watched a bit of the beginning on Youtube. I think I'd just like to watch it all sometime~
I prefer watching people play games. X3

Hmm, I can only think of furaffinity and ygallery, but those cater to specific artists. XD Sorry to hear about what happened to your sister. D: I've never had such an experience.

The slow pace in nice sometimes. X3 I hate when threads die, though.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtionary View Post
Well they do know what it's about, it's just I don't know what things they want drawn and so on. It's a long time from being finished though so I guess we'll have time to talk it out.

Ah, I've played a little bit of Off! Haven't finished it yet though, I keep forgetting to play it. I should probably get around to finishing it, haha. I've already been spoiled a bit on some of the end game stuff but I don't know specifics so hopefully it will still be wowing!

Oh, and do any of you know of some art sites similar to deviantART? My sister likes to use it but she's still learning and does a lot of stuff for fun, and today she got some very rude comments from someone chiding her on her lack of talent and how she shouldn't ask for so many points for her adoptables. It's a new thing and she was just testing the waters, and it probably angered me more than her when a person seven years her senior started bashing on her for no reason. I'm kinda at a loss though, dA is the only site I can think of that is (relatively) accepting of beginners besides SheezyArt, but they're down for a remodel(?) at the moment.

On an unrelated note, it's nice how slow paced these forums are, I can actually keep up for once! o3o
The only other site I know of like DA is called mypoppedart. I think that's the name. I haven't been on there in a really long while though

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-15-2013, 01:39 PM

I love your owls!! owl owl owl. :3 <3

Newtionary
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 PM

Oh darn, looks like MyPoppedArt is under maintenance as well. Well, as soon as it's open again I'll check it out. Thank you for the site links guys!

@Dys:
Alright, sorry I just didn't know if you had an idea for what it should look like haha.

@CAT:
Why thank you! Owls are fun to draw~

I find it kind of funny that two "cats" have posted in the thread so far. I should probably draw something huh

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 08-20-2013, 02:19 AM

Owls are also really freaking cute... Even if they are chronically stupid.
My fiance bought me an owl sippy cup, because I'm totes an adult.

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 08-20-2013, 02:51 AM

that is pretty good