a Day of Hiding

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:10 PM

chapter 3 picture (insert picture here)

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-04-2008, 01:50 PM

I run for hours, trying to overlap my scent. I find a on the side of a building and climb up to the roof. Kitori disappears, destroying my scent.

Alone, memories rush through my head, most of Michael. My mind drifts to three centuries ago, on a winter night, in the middle of a mountain forest. I am walking down a path.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-04-2008, 01:51 PM

“Fledgling, are you ready?” I shout to the trees.
“Stop calling me that, I am over a century old.” Michael joins me.
“You’re a fledgling to me, and you will always be younger than me.”
“Only by three centuries.”
“That’s three times your age.”
“You sound like an old hag.” We both laugh over the comment, “Though you don’t look like one.”
“What battle should we have today?”
“Non-power, I haven’t recovered from the power battle yesterday.”
“Oh?” I inquire.
“Ha ha, you are so weak in recovery skills, you’re still a fledgling.”
“Shut up.” Michael attempts to kick me. I trap his leg and flip him over, causing him to fall on the dirt path. Michael and I laugh over his failed attempt at an attack. We continue talking and walking until we arrive at a large arena in the forest. Michael and I walk in and stand on either end of the arena.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 AM

“Ready fledgling?”
“Of course, and if I win, you’ll stop calling me that.”
“Like hell you will, just try.” I provoke Michael to attack. His speed didn’t compare to mine at the time. I had both speed and power on my side. I quickly block his punch and strike back, hitting his throat, knocking him backwards. He turns and attacks me again, once again I dodge and kick him in the floating ribs, and he attacks again. Our fight lasts for hours. Both of us stop our attack and stare at the sky, where is now snowing. Our eyes meet each other and attack again, forgetting about the snow. Michael tries to sweep me. I jump, dodging his attack, he turns full circle. Fwap! Cold snow hits my face. Michael had thrown a snowball at me. He stands back, laughing at me. I pick up some snow and throw it back, starting a snow fight, both of us laughing the entire time.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 AM

We stop ten hours later, at sunrise. We brush off the snow and walk out, joyous laughter filling the air.
“That was great.” I comment.
“You lost though.” Michael comments back.
“I did not.”
“Yes you did, I hit you.”
“So, it was snow!”
“Whatever, we will have to do this again.”
“Ok, when?”
“Seven days from now, I should be recovered by then.”
“You hope so, or you’ll get thrashed again.”
“See you later.” Michael walks off the path, into the woods where he trains. I smile in satisfaction of a good fight. I hope the next one is even better.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 AM

My mind returns to the present, where I sit alone on top of a roof. This is no time to be daydreaming. I stare at my perfect skin. How quickly all injuries heal, even if they are self inflicted. If not for the recovery effect I would be dead long ago, like I had wished as a human. Other than our perfect, pale white complexion, the only other thing that had changes when a vampire changes is our eyes. All humans have green, blue or brown eyes, but the vampires have all other colors. Michael’s are black, mine are purple, and Shina’s are golden yellow. Our eyes turn red when we are hungry. Other than my eyes, I always look monochrome, with my black hair and white skin. It drives me nuts, how little I can change in centuries, though Michael likes that feature most in us vampires.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 AM

I pull out my knife and draw a thin line of blood around me. This blood better be worth the hunger I’ll get later. My strength lies in my blood. The circle should protect me from other vampires. I will sleep until daylight comes. Michael and Shina won’t stay out in the open while the sun is out. I shouldn’t either, although vampires can be out in the sun for little bit, long periods cause us to burn.

I curl up and fall asleep on the roof, knowing I could only sleep for a few hours before the sun rises.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 AM

I wake from my nap with a sharp pain in my back. The sunlight is burning me. I quickly cover myself with my coat, using it as a shield from the sunlight. I run inside, using the door on the roof to get to the staircase inside. The staircase is poorly lit. I hear people walking upstairs, coming toward me. I panic, remembering that my protective blood circle is still on the roof. I quickly concentrate on it, making it disappear. I fix my coat, making me look more human than beast.

I start walking down the stairs, casually walking, pretending to be human. I see the human couple walking up the stairs. They stop and move to one side, letting me pass. I walk past them, trying to avoid eye contact. The boy let’s go of the girl’s hand, his aura flickering of new love. The girl notices and her anger swells as she realizes she is about to be dumped.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:25 AM

“Excuse me, I haven’t seen you before.” The boy starts to flirt, “What’s your name?”
“Nothing of importance,” I quickly state.
“But I…” his sentence is quickly cut off by a large smack from his girlfriend.
“How dare you!” She screams, making a scene.
“What did I do?” He asks. I start to walk away, not wanting to get involved or let my hunger consume me. I step down, but instead trip and fall into the stairway.

“You’re flirting with her!” The girlfriend yells, pointing at me. The boy ignores her and runs over to me.

“Are you ok?” he holds out his hand to me, wanting to help me up, his veins so close to my face. I stare up at him accidentally, making my eyes visible. The girlfriend screams. The boy stares, paralyzed by his own fear or my red eyes.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:29 AM

“What are you?” the girl asks, frightened.
“One hungry vampire” I casually respond, trying to hold back my hunger.
“Holy shit”
“More like damned to hell” I pull out my knife, wanting to take the hand given to me. I slash the boys arm, causing blood to flow out. I start licking up the salty blood on his skin, then move to the wound itself.

“What are you doing?” The girl annoyingly asks.
“Feeding, what does it look like?” I hate eating with company. I continue drinking the blood. I feel my strength return, and my hunger deteriorate. I reluctantly stop and drop the boy’s arm. He collapses from the loss of blood. I stand and turn to walk away.

“You might want to get him to the hospital for a blood transfusion.” I offer turning my head toward her.
“Your eyes turned purple!” she exclaims in shock.
“They do that.” I turn and walk away, down the stairs, waving a hand goodbye.

I walk down the many flights of stairs to the front lounge area. I collapse on a chair in the shadows. I lay there for hours, barely moving, watching the sunlight move across the floor. I hear the bell ring over the door, another person walking in or out. I don’t bother to see who it is.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:38 AM

“Ryushi, is that you?” I hear a voice, catching my attention. I look up to see Kaetana staring at me. I hear my neck crack from the movement after staying still for hours.

“Hello,” my voice is tired and weak.
“It is you, why are you here?”
“Hiding, are you ok?”
“Your friend knocked me out good.” I smile
“That is Michael for you.”
“You look exhausted.”
“I accidentally slept in the sun.”
“And you drank right after, in broad daylight?”
“How did you know?” I inquire.
“I heard through my job.”
‘Which is?”
“Chasing demons away from humans”
“Demon? Ha, one could call me that.”
“You are a demon! You are a bloodlust fiend, damned to hell for eternity.”
“You think I don’t know that!” I yell back. I watch people scurry from the room.
“I can deal with demons, but not vampires.”
“I have no intension of fighting you.”
“That is good; I just want you to leave the humans in peace.”
“How can I? You know I can’t leave here without burning because of the sunlight.”

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 AM

“That’s not my problem.” A small silence is broken by the ring from the bell.

“Kaetana, are you taking your sweet time, or do you need my…” her sentence tapers off at the sight of me. Kaetana’s subordinate is a teenager about as short as me, with brown hair. Her gothic pants, loose black T-shirt, and short hair made her a tomboy. I slowly get up from my chair, bones cracking from movement.

“I’ll leave you to my subordinate.” Kaetana leaves. Her subordinate goes into a fighting stance, waiting to spring and attack.

I move one foot forward, initiating the attack. She springs off her back foot and attacks my left side, with a kick to my head. I jump out of the way and kick back at her kidneys. I feel her leg wrap around my neck as my kick hits her. I punch the underside of her leg, freeing me from the wrap. We both move back.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:57 AM

“Not bad,” she comments.
“You too,” I respond.
“What is your name?” she asks.
“Ryushi.”
“Dragon of death, that’s amusing. I’m Kaley.”

“Nice to meet …” I turn my foot slightly “…you.” I run at her. We go at it again, attack each other. Her movements are thought out, yet still readable, like a leopard.

I fall from a pull from one of her grabs, putting me on my hands and knees. She almost finishes her punch to my head when I sweep her by rolling over with my legs on the outside of her legs. I jump on top of her, not allowing her to move.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:05 AM

“Amusing how strong you are for a human.” I state.
“I try”
“Have you ever fought Kaetana?”
“I would never fight my boss.”
“Then you must know”
“Know what?”
“She’s a half-breed.”
“Half-breed?”
“Part vampire, though I would suspect you’re stronger than her.”
“Thank you, I might have to test that later.” I rest my head on her chest, listening to her heartbeat.

“The voice of the un-damned,” I whisper, pulling my head back, seeing her face once more.

“I am damned.” She responds.
“You have no idea,” I move my fangs close to her neck, ready to bite her.

“Are you going to kill her or not?” Kaetana’s voice makes me question my action. I pull away, staring at Kaetana. I walk up the stairs, leaving Kaley and Kaetana in the lounge. I sit at the top of the stairs, my back to the door. I hear them leave. I lay here, waiting for nightfall.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 AM

chapter 4
Thanks from a Vampire

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 AM

chapter 4 picture (should be of Kaley, but I have issues drawing her).

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 AM

Night comes, allowing me to leave this wretched apartment that I was caged in. I only hope that nothing would disturb my plans for tonight. I stride out the door to the roof, ignoring the smell of blood that fills the air. Tonight I am a hunter. I take out my vial of blood and sniff it, letting the scent overwhelm me. I put the bottle away, letting my mind trace the blood of my victim. I catch a light trace of his blood about a mile away. I jump from one rooftop to the next, giving me a slight flying sensation.

I land on top of the apartment where the smell is coming from. I casually go inside the apartment and down the stairs until I stop in front of an apartment room. The smell of blood reeks from inside the door. I knock on the door, deciding to be deceiving over stealthy.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 AM

My prey groans as he gets out of bed, swearing when he looks at his cloak. He kicks someone, yelling at him for sleeping. It must be his body guard.

“This better be good.” I hear his grumble through the door, “Hello!” He answers the door, allowing me to confirm his identity. His bright green eyes are unmistakable.

“Hello, I want to thank you for a week ago.” I state, hoping to draw up a conversation.

“Thank me in the morning.” He closes the door. I stop it with my foot. I grab the door and pull it open, destroying his grip. I walk inside his apartment.

“Get out!” his body guard shouts, pointing a gun to my head.

‘Try it.” I don’t feel like wasting time with the body guard, he isn’t my prey. I feel a sharp pain in my left shoulder as the bullet goes through it. The hole starts to bleed but quickly heals. The body guard shoots three more bullets to my head before freaking out and running away.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:45 AM

“What are you?” the murder inquires timidly.
“The question is, who are you?”
“Lekt Bates”
“Well, Lekt Bates, I want to thank you for leaving a half dead man in the alleyway eight days ago.”
“What?”
“I want to thank you for being a murderer.”
“I’m no murderer.”
“Yes you are. I tracked you with this.” I pull out the vial of blood. He takes it and sniffs it.
“This is blood, what are you, the police?”
“Your worst nightmare.” I slide next to him and bite his neck. His blood is salty, like most murderers. My mind enters his, bringing me back to relive his death.
I drain his blood, killing him. I retract my fangs. I grab my knife and slice his neck, covering up my bite marks. I don’t want the police to know a vampire is helping them.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 AM

I walk out of the apartment room and turn around. I take out the vial of blood and smear a large line over the door. I stash the half empty vial into my coat before leaving the apartment complex.

I feel the afterthought as it surfaces in my mind. It occasionally happens when I kill someone. I try to block out the memory, but it is too strong.

Lekt opens the door to his house.

“Grandmother, I’m home.” Lekt walks through the hallway, “Grandmother, where are you?”

‘Grandmoth…” a high pitch scream breaks his call. He runs to his grandmother’s bedroom and opens the door. There, Norman Bates is chocking from the grip from Hannibal Lector.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 AM

“Who are you?” Norman Bates chokes, staring at the young Bates.
“Grandmother, it’s me.” He responds confused.
“Mother isn’t here, I am Norman.” Hannibal Lector starts to eat Norman’s face. A high pitch scream changes to a women’s scream.

“Grandmother, is that you?” Lekt asks.
“Yes, sorry for never….” Mrs. Bates coughs up blood as Hannibal continues to eat, “…telling you.”

“Grandmother, stop talking.” Lekt yells.
“This is…” she coughs again, “…your father.” Hannibal smiles and quickly kills Mrs. Bates.

“Hello Lector Bates, my son.” Hannibal holds out his hand, giving his son some food. Lekt eats it and smiles.

“What is it?”
“Tongue” Lekt and his father smile at each other.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 AM

I leave the memory in slight disgust. Lekt was born a killer. Although I drank murderer’s blood, I was not fond of it. The only joy it gave me was the news the next day. I fill another vial of blood before leaving. I will need more blood to start my collection again.

I stroll down Main Street, watching humans interact with each other. The couple in front of me stops and kisses. I turn into the alleyway to walk around them. The smell of blood is mixed with garbage. I walk further in, trying to find the victim. I see a human slumped against the wire fence that blocks the rest of the alleyway. I pull back his head, exposing the neck.

There are two puncture holes already in his artery. I stay there, puzzled by the bite marks. They are too close to be a vampire, but nothing else drinks blood. A searing pain attacks my back. I let out a high pitch scream from the shock of pain. The new weight on my back pushes me to the ground. I feel the creature’s claws in my back. I grab the creature and pry him off my back. I throw the creature to the ground, trying to ignore the pain.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 AM

The creature finally stays still, allowing me to see it. It is a fur ball like creature the humans call a “cat.” The cat has a white head and feet and black body and tail. It hisses at me, showing its fangs, literally. I have stumbled on a vampire cat.

I hold out my hand, trying to be friendly. Instead it attacks, biting me my vein. I watch silently as the cat drinks my blood. My vision blurs as the cat takes her fill. The cat finally withdraws, returning my vision back to normal. It sniffs my hand then rubs it. I scratch its head, feeling its matted fur.

I stand up after a few minutes and leave the alleyway. After walking a half block, I hear a meow. I turn around to see the cat.

“Come here.” I bend down, waiting for the cat to come to me. The cat approaches and lets me pick her up.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do with you.” I stare at the cat. She stares back and meows.

“Fine, you can stay with me.” I start walking again.

“Now what to name you” I keep talking to the cat.

“How about Kaga?” I ask the cat. Kaga meows happily. I turn into my apartment complex. I walk up the seven flights of stairs to my apartment, 707.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:15 AM

Kaga jumps out of my hands and starts exploring her new home. I look around and find a nice spot on the floor. Kaga comes back to me as I lay down on the floor, using my coat as my pillow.

“Pray that tomorrow will be cloudy.” Kaga snuggles next to me, “night Kaga.”

I curl up to sleep. Tonight I will have only a few hours of sleep. I need to clean up my room tomorrow, and buy new sheets for my bed.

I sleepily wake up, disliking being up during the daylight hours. I walk to the window and peek outside. It is overcast today, perfect weather. I say goodbye to Kaga before leaving the apartment. I close my door and turn to walk downstairs.