Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 PM

You walk down the boardwalk, as happy as a clam, unless it's that clam you just ate. Your right hand is sticky and clutches cotton candy, your left holds a cheaply made Yumeh plushie that you just won at a booth. You take a bite of your cotton candy and, okay, now your face is really sticky too, but whatever. You don't care. You're having an awesome time.

You notice a tent you haven't been in yet. It's a dark, vague sort of color. Maybe it's a deep green or blue, or maybe it's black. Who cares? It's a tent. You just want whatever fun is inside it, you don't care what color it is. You manage to get a bit stickier and then you walk inside the tent. It's dark on the inside, too. But before you have time to begin debating whether darkness is green or not, a hand grabs your arm. You begin to apologize for how inexplicably sticky your arm is when you're grabbed from the other side. Suddenly you're being pulled deeper into the tent. You drop your cotton candy. No! That was delicious! I just got that!

You slowly wake up in a dimly lit room. The ceiling above you is some kind of brown, or maybe a dark maroon? Really, what is it with you and colors today? I think there's more important things at hand here. Like where your cotton candy is. It was blue flavor! That is the best flavor!

Becoming more aware of your surroundings, you are sure of two things: One, you're strapped to some sort of gurney. Two, the ceiling is definitely a shade of mahogany.

The room is quiet and you seem to be alone. You wonder what's going on, what's going to be done to you, if someone ate your cotton candy. Since no one's around to see, you cry a little. You yell, you whine, you fret, you wring your hands. Wait, you wring your hands? I thought you were strapped to a gurney?

You notice that the straps on your wrists don't seem to be attached to the gurney at all. In fact, upon closer inspection you notice that they're not straps at all, but actually fashionable leatherette bracelets. Neat.

You hop off the gurney and look around the room. A coffee machine and some mugs sit on a nearby counter. On one wall is one of those corny "hang in there!" posters, but a cut out of David Hasselhoff's head has been taped over the kitten's face. Okay, this is a bit creepy. But you help yourself to some coffee anyway.

After a lovely cup of joe, you open one of the two doors in the room and find yourself in a supply closet. Maybe you should have paid more attention to the "CLEANING SUPPLIES" sign on the door. Really, you just kind of asked for that. You open the other door and find it leads out onto the beach. A group is huddled around a fire, and you notice your cheap Yumeh plushie (which already has a little hole in one of the seams) sitting with them. Those no good so-and-sos! Those must be the ones who took your cotton candy! You're about to storm over and give them a piece of your mind when you notice they're roasting marshmallows. Whoa, whoa, marshmallows? Way better than cotton candy. Time to make some new friends.

You sit yourself down amongst the group and grab some marshmallows because, really, why should you have to ask? They didn't ask if they could take your cotton candy. One of the people in the group tries to give you an explanation as to why they took you (and your cotton candy), and it was probably something about a big misunderstanding, but really, you're not paying attention. You've got marshmallows to roast!

After you've eaten the remainder of their marshmallows and you're feeling a bit sick, you find out the group is part of some kind of... group. They call themselves Hoffers, and you recall maybe reading something about them some time ago, but you don't really remember or care because you're trying too hard not to spew marshmallows. You seem free to go, so now the question is... will you stay and chat with these Hoffers, or take your toy Yumeh and waddle back to the boardwalk?

(This is just a chatting thread! If you're looking for a Choose Your Own Adventure type of game, check out this thread!)

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 08-06-2011 at 01:51 AM..

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 PM

Stay and find out what happens next.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 10:22 PM

uh oh humm oh! I want the Yumeh! PLEASE *pouts*

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 10:24 PM

Will they cook and eat the Yummeh doll?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-05-2011, 10:27 PM

Why would we eat a plushie? Well, we had some marshmallows, and sure, those are gone now, but polyfill tastes gross.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Are we all to dance around the fire naked till we are presented with a shrimp salad?

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-05-2011, 10:44 PM

No, the Hoffy Scripture says nothing about that. Getting some another bag of marshmallows would be good, though.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 PM

I stay and chat. "What do you want with me?"

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-05-2011, 11:51 PM

A new bag of marshmallows would be a start.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 PM

I politely leave the tent to buy a new bag of marshmallows.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-05-2011, 11:59 PM

To make things clear, this is just a chatting thread. :)

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 08-06-2011, 12:37 AM

I want to know whose job it was to go to Costco and pick up the refreshments, because I clearly wrote tea on the list, not coffee.

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 12:40 AM

Oh. At first I thought it was a choose adventure type of thread. Anyway.... *starts dancing around naked on the beach.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-06-2011, 12:43 AM

Biggles - You wrote a lot of things on the list. Including "Stephen Fry." Honestly, I ignored anything that looked like it was written with a quill because Costco just doesn't sell these things. "Victorian London"? What aisle would that even be down? :(

Acobjum - Ah, yeah, that would have been a clever thread idea, wouldn't it? Hm, well, writing that intro was fun, maybe I'll do something like that another time. I'll think on that. :)

*hands some shorts* Clothing is good.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 08-06-2011, 12:50 AM

I was looking for the tumblr 'like' button for that post. My brain is fried. Haha, fried/fryed. Stephen.

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 08-06-2011 at 05:22 AM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-06-2011, 12:57 AM

:lol: *pats* There there.

Have you seen the new commons? Bathing dresses, you might likey.

Yes, yes, a choose your own adventure game sounds like fun... I think I've figured out the logistics. I think I'll get to work on this.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 01:17 AM

Awesome! That sounds like an epic game for another event XD

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-06-2011, 01:20 AM

Well, it's not quite big enough for an event sticky. Afterall, it's more or less you writing one sentence and then me writing a paragraph! :lol: So I'm just going to do it now. I'm working on it as we speak and it'll be out in just a few minutes. :)

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 AM

I definitely want the yummeh ._.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 AM

Okie dokie then, here's the choose your own adventure game.

Acobjum:

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 01:59 AM

Awesome! I'm there!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-06-2011, 03:01 AM

Woohoo!

How is everyone doing today? :) Enjoying the event? I love these new commons.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 03:02 AM

I'm loving them too, getting as many as I can. four colours of socks, three of shoes, two of dresses... so far.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-06-2011, 03:22 AM

I got 5 pairs of socks, 7 striped tanks, 3 striped shorts, 7 head wraps, 8 pairs of shoes, 7 skirts, 6 blouses and 8 dresses. These come in some of my favorite colors and styles, I'm so happy! :)

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 08-06-2011, 05:21 AM

Yes, I quite like them, subtle sophisticated things that they are. I am near to enough, gold wise to get them. And the baked goods, they are for event items I'm thinking?