Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Continued by request

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-side-inn.html

Last edited by Staria; 08-13-2011 at 10:04 PM..

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 AM

The seaside was a place that Kim always felt... Happy. The black-haired girl loved the sea, and it seemed to love her as well. The past few years, she'd been traveling on the coasts, looking for inspiration. With a bag full of sketchbooks and various travelling necessities, she walked down the boardwalk. It was nice to be out and about, but it was warm- and most of her drawings were in pencil. It was about to reach noon- and although the sleeveless-blouse was helping, the long pants certainly were not. She needed a place to stay anyway, for a few nights or maybe more. Continuing down the boardwalk, she happened upon a Victorian-style building.

"Oh, gosh, I'd LOVE to draw that..." Kim mused, shifting the weight of the vintage bag on her shoulder. A grin grew on her face. She loved old-styled things; they had so much personality. She noticed a sign that said 'Starry Sea Side Inn', her grin becoming larger. Perfect! she thought as she gently pushed open the door.

((Was that okay? ^^;))

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 AM

The seaside was the place all Hunters friends called paradise. He never knew a place could be so beautiful, and open. The sea glistened beautifully by the sunlight. Hunter was a very flexible dancer and needed new sounds and pictures to inspire new moves. Hunter's only travelling needs were his shoes, and clothes which he carried in a small backpack. Nothing large, nor too small. Hunter stared at the sea for some time before walking down the boardwalk noticing a beautiful Victorian style building. "I could practice my dancing here, Perfect" Hunter smiled and walked over towards the building.

Pushing the door open slowly and admiring the beautiful black haired woman sitting down. Slowly walking towards her and bowing. "Hello, I'm Hunter. You're very admirable" Hunter grabbed her hand leaning down and giving it a small kiss. Hunter smiled and then walking over to the desk, noticing how flawless the woman at the desk was. "Hello, I need a place to stay" Hunter smiled and leaned slightly against the desk.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 06:01 AM

Kim's cheeks turned a soft shade of pink as the man kissed her hand. And they said that chivalry was dead. "I'm Kim." She said softly. She wasn't new to being flirted with, but this man, Hunter, seemed to be quite the gentleman. After a dazed moment, Kim brushed some of her short black locks behind her ear and also turned her attention to the redhead at the desk. She needed to check in as well. "Umm, me too." She said meekly, fiddling with one of the bracelets that adorned her left wrist.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 06:02 AM

Shaya sighed, tossing her blood red braid over her shoulder as she stood. She stretched, cracking her back as she yawned lightly. Just as she sat back down the wind chimes on her porch then clanked softly, a bell like sound. It was beautiful, familiar, and told her that someone was outside. They were enchanted to warn of such things by the original occupant. It had taken her a month to figure out what was going on being they made a different sound in the breeze.

Before she could stand a new man and woman had entered. She glanced towards them, noting various details as well but not able to say anything before he was already admiring the woman at the door. She hid a small smile, saying nothing. It was not her place to say. She was discrete and polite.. Such was just a part of her job.

Only as he spoke did she stand, giving Hunter and Kim each a smile in turn as she pushed the log book to the front of her desk. She then curtsied in an old fashioned way that matched the inn. It was all Victorian elegance, down to the innkeeper and her outfit despite it’s bright blue. She noted the large bag and was curious but said nothing of it.

”Hello and welcome to the Starry Sea Side Inn. My name is Shaya. If you will please just sign in we may get you a room. The inn is run on donation so the price is completely up to you.” She said in a soft, cultured voice that had an odd hint of an accent. She then laughed softly, putting a hand on her hip as she stood to her full height once more.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 06:10 AM

Hunter smiled as he took his key tossing a fresh crisp 100 dollar bill at the red head girl. Hunter walked over to the lounge and sitting down slowly down on the love seat. "Come sit with me" Hunter smiled as Kim played with her bracelet. "You're very appealing" Hunter looked down then back up at the kims face.

Standing up slowly and walking over to the red haired lady standing with her hand on her hip. Passing her a clean crisp 50. "That's extra for the room" Hunter laughed allowing himself to smile slightly.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 06:19 AM

Kim was quick to regain her composure, pulling her bag over her shoulder again. She smiled, quickly taking a peek inside her wallet. She was thankful that she'd run into such luck with the pricing, since she noticed only having about two hundred on her. She'd sell some of her sketches tomorrow. She paid half her savings for the room, but was surprised to receive half of the hundred back. She wasn't about to complain, though. She smiled at Shaya, thanking her as the redhead handed her the key. She paused when she heard Hunter speak again. Well, why not? She thought, graciously accepting the invitation to sit with the gentleman.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 AM

Shaya took the 100 and placed it in her lock box absently, setting out Kim’s and Hunter’s keys on the desk as she hummed absently to herself. She had turned back when Hunter had approached. She took the fifty and tilted her head to the side, her lips parting slightly in curiosity. She started to say something when Kim approached so she gave her the key to her room. She held out Hunters then finally spoke with one eyebrow raised ever so slightly.

”Oh? Then whatever was the hundred for?” She asked quietly, perching on her chair once more. She sat with her legs crossed slightly and her hands crossed over one another over her knee. She was taught to behave as a lady and so she did. Perhaps it was what she would have done anyway considering her love of many things Victorian.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 AM

"I wish to pay for the room with 150 dollars, If that is alright?" Hunter smiled and grabbed his key, then walking back over to Kim and blushing slightly. Sitting down with a smile on his face. "I just can't get over how beautiful you are" Hunter kissed her hand once again as he stood and stretched. "Do you guys want to see something, That I've been working on for quite sometime?" Hunter smiled pushing tables and chairs over making room in the center of the floor. "I doubt that it'll blow your mind" Hunter continued stretching as he waited for their answers.

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:38 AM

Othelle ran her fingers through her still slightly damp hair, and shook some stones from her sandals. Her earlier seaside swim had seemed like a good idea at a time, but she was still combing sand out of her waist-length, honey blonde two hours later. Sighing and tightening the jacket she had tied around her waist, she looked across the boardwalk, and saw a rather beautiful looking Victorian style Inn. Deciding that it well past lunch-time, and her stomach was beginning to sound like an angry bear, Othelle made her way over to the building.
As she pushed open the door, she saw that there were only two other occupants in the premise, and a red-haired woman who appeared to be manning the desk.
About to enter the Inn, Othelle hesitated because the male occupant had just stood up from his table and was clearing a space in the centre of the room. Standing in the doorway, she decided to watch.

(( I'm not very good at RP's, sorry >__>; ))

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 06:40 AM

If more men were like him, maybe I'd consider getting a boyfriend. Kim thought, smiling at Hunter. He was good looking, she would admit to that. Not that she'd say it out loud. Upon hearing his question, she was skeptical, but then she saw the furniture being moved. Something like this usually meant martial arts or a dance, maybe magic. Kim smiled, curious as she always was, "Sure, I'd like to see."

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 AM

[b]”quite alright, I was simply surprised…” She responded with a soft laugh, smiling faintly. She watched the two flirt without any real care, simply smiling slightly as if she found it amusing. She tilted her head to the side as he stood so quickly, raising an eyebrow again out of curiosity. He really did not seem to sit still very much at all did he? She let Kim answer first then nodded her agreement.

”We would love to see” She agreed before playfully clapping her hands. She placed her hands down once more when she heard the door opened. She glanced over, smiling at Othelle. She waved her towards the sign in book and slipped silently to her feet. She curtsied slightly in greeting and flashed othelle her usual warm smile.

”Please, come in and sign in. The Inn is run on donations so you can give as little or as much as you like. We are about to have a free floor show as well it seems…” She laughed softly, standing fully again and placing her hand against the desk. She would wait for the girl, her eyes lingering briefly on Hunter as she was curious what he would do.

((oh you’re doing fine sweety *hugs* welcome to the rp <3))

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 AM

"Alright" Hunter curled down to the floor. Slowly uncurling still on the floor, and bending his leg over his head. Hunter stood up without uncurling his leg. Starting spinning on one foot, and cartwheeling. Hunter smiled as he landed his dance. "Did you like it?" Hunter asked smiling. "I've been practicing for a long time" Hunter sat down on the ground stretching his arms and cracking his back.

(It was supposed to look like this.. but sounded weird...)

{http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nyIwcsYw4A&feature=channel_video_title}

Last edited by GrandpaGeorge; 08-07-2011 at 07:05 AM..

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:53 AM

Smiling hesitantly at the red-head, Othelle entered the bar and made her way around the cleared space in the center of the room.

"Hello, I was wondering if you serve food here?" she asked, rifling around in her floral-pattered over-the-shoulder bag for her wallet. Pulling it out eventually, with a small flurry of unused tissue packets and receipts, Othelle gave the woman a sorry smile.

"Sorry, my bag's just so full of junk, you know how it is." she laughed, and hastily bent down to gather up her loose belongings. Glancing the man she'd seen earlier over her shoulder as she bent down, she gasped slightly as he bent his body into unimaginable positions. She'd never been to the circus before, or seen any real performances, but she imagined that the man was some kind of trained contortionist.

(( Aw, thanks >w> ))

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:58 AM

Vani dragged her way too heavy suitcase behind her as she trudged on towards the beautiful inn not too far from the town she had arrived at. This place is way different than Italy, she thought. She finally reached the inn and headed inside, feeling a chill go down her spine. Ignoring it, she headed towards the desk while simultaneously trying to get out some money. When she looked up, she noticed a couple of people were already there so she moved off to the side hoping to not be noticed. She hadn't interacted with anyone from this place yet, so she was a tad shy. She watched with slight horror as a man did a funny dance and could not help but giggle when he was finished.

(I hope that was alright?)

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 AM

Kim watched intently as Hunter gracefully pulled off poses that had Kim slightly agape. Well now, that certainly is something. She captured the poses with her photographic memory to later use as references. Maybe later, Hunter wouldn't object to being the subject of one or more of her drawings. Noticing that her eyelids were heavy- she had gotten up much earlier than she would've liked to that morning- she hoisted her bag over her shoulder. She needed rest, badly, in order to make up for the lost hours of sleep.

"That was great." She said, smiling at Hunter, "I'd ask to see more, but I need to rest- I've been up since the early hours of the morning. A woman needs her beauty sleep."

not waiting for his acknowledgement- she'd apologize for that later- she headed up the stairs, finding the door with the same number inscribed on her key, and upon shutting the door behind her fell onto the bed, dropping her bag by its foot. Yes, she could certainly stay here a while. Maybe she would. She'd know after she took a much-needed catnap.

((Sorry, guys. XD Running low on energy. I'll be back once I have a good night's sleep.))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:09 AM

”Well.. You are definitely most flexible aren’t you? It is very… admirable” She answered with another more genuine clapping of her hands, a slightly teasing glint briefly touching her gaze as she chose what word to use. She did enjoy it very well but she did have a little mischief in her…. Perhaps it was the reason she got along so well with the ghosts of this old inn…. They were alike. Her teasing was cut short, however, as a new person entered the inn and she repeated her usual speech.

”Please, come and sign in. There is no need to be shy here. The Inn is run on donations so you can give as little or as much as you like. Do you need any help with your case?” She said kindly as she gave Vani the usual greeting curtsy. She waved towards the guest book but then stepped forward slightly. She suspected the girl would need help and Shaya was much stronger then she looked…

”Rest well Miss” She called quietly to Kim as she left, watching her a moment in thought. She then turned back to hunter and her new guests, smiling at them warmly. She waited for them to acknowledge her, she never shirked her duties.

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 AM

Jay moved the black umbrella as he walked, always making sure it shaded him from the sun. How he loathed the hot weather. The sea, now that he loved. To bad you usually found one around the other. He could deal but he normally wasn't awake during the day. He worked night jobs all his life and the day time never really appealed to him.

He had one bad slung over his shoulder and his dark hair pulled back in a low pony. Luckily it wasn't too windy out and he had spotted an inn just a few moments ago. Get a room, get out of the sun and hibernate till night fall.

Pushing in the door he went to the counter and said softly, "One room for a week, any available?"

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 AM

Vani jumped as the woman at the desk spoke to her. She hesitated before dragging her suitcase towards the desk. "I would greatly appreciate some help with my case. It is killing my arms." Vani laughed nervously, hoping the woman understood her strong Italian accent. She set down her case and tucked a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear. She then dug out her wallet from her purse and gave the woman a couple bills. She didn't actually know how much they were worth, but she hoped it was enough.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 AM

”We have several very nice rooms available. Please, come and sign in. The Inn is run on donations so you can give as little or as much as you like. ” She responded to Jay, giving him the same curtsy she had the others. She gave him a once over, noticing he had very nice hair but he looked .. Tired. He would not likely stay out long. Oh well, she did have quite a bit of company more then usual! She sat out a key for jay and then turned to Vani as she spoke. She seemed to understand the accent quite well.

”Of course miss, I would love to help you” She answered with a soft smile, deciding it wise to be careful with the shy girl. She put the money she was given in her lock box and retrieved another key. She would hold it out to Vani with one hand and take the case with the other. Her own partially inhuman ancestry would make the case easy enough to carry. After Vani took the key she’d lead her towards her room, carrying the case without another word.

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Jay pushed over roughly 1000 in Euros and simply said, "I'll pay more if needed and I may be staying longer." He waited for the key not really paying attention to any one else. He noted everyone but made no effort to knowledge them. He was tired, hot and not in the best of moods.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Vani smiled gratefully and turned to sign the guestbook. Making sure that she'd filled out all of the spaces as best she could, she turned back towards the woman and took the key whilst giving her the case. She noticed that the woman handled it much easier than she did. She must work out a lot. Maybe I should start doing that too? Vani shook her head and waited for the woman to show her to her room. She had only been here a couple of minutes and she already felt welcome.

(Pardon any typos, it's late and I'm tired XD)

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 AM

”Oh you needn’t worry to much sir. I will be back in just a moment if you need anything more” Shaya responded over her shoulder cheerfully. She was always cheerful and kind to her guests, it was a good way to stay in business. She then continued to walk so she could show her to her room. She smiled easily at Vani, and they would reach her room fairly quickly.

”Your accent… You are from italy I believe?” She inquired politely, more to let the girl have a way to talk then anything. She was hoping she could get the girl to relax and be a little less shy. She worried a bit about the ghosts picking on her and wanted her to at least know she had a friend in Shaya…

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Jay sighed and waited. He still had no key and didn't even know what room he was staying in. He stayed standing where he was and figured she would make her way back once she was done with the lady.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Vani smiled to the other guests as she walked with Shaya towards what would be her room. Nodding, Vani smiled and cleared her throat. "Ah...yes, I am from Venice. Lived there all of my life and this is the first time I am out of my country." She giggled nervously. Her anxiety was slowly fading away and she had really started to like Shaya, not many other people had been this nice to her since her arrival here.