CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 05:25 AM

"It's pretty rare, barely documented. Kimmie, you were lucky to happen upon that book." Lionel said with a shrug, "They don't say much, but enough to get the general idea."

She flipped to the page that Lionel had indicated, coming across a short few paragraphs about said curse. Kim started to read it aloud. "In some cases, the children of water spirits would be forced to become maidens or men of the sea. They can never leave it; if they do, their bodies are sapped of the water that keeps them alive and they turn into sand. The sea gifts them with the ability to bend the water to their will and will keep them youthful," Kim paused for a breath that she'd been holding accidentally, "Even rarer cases, only a few ever documented, the sea will choose a human to stand in a water spirit's child's stead, often with their abilities being to a lesser degree and also the curse being slightly less severe... In one story, it is told that a water spirit affected by the curse somehow broke it, only to be turned into sand by the angry sea. His lover was then to take his place, bound to the shore and not able to leave it."

Her breath caught in her throat. She looked to Rebecca and Lionel with a slight bit of anxiety. She laughed though, after a minute, and ran a hand through her hair. "I'm cursed! Of all the things... I knew I used to be human, but I was hoping that maybe it was something else..."

"Hey, at least we know what to look for, since I don't think that's enough to sate your desire to figure out what's going on. We can try finding the names of those humans affected by the Lorelei Curse and that story mentioned in there." Lionel said, crossing his arms.

Kim bit her lips, shaking her head, "It's enough for now. What I'm really worried about is..." She paused, debating about whether or not she should be worrying. After all, Shaya had told her not to. "I guess I can't help it. I'm worried about Shaya. What she was talking about with those other two sounded... grave. And she didn't look too good..."

((If the mythology thing sounds kinda weak, sorry. ^^; I'm getting a little tired. I might be going to sleep soonish.))

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 08-12-2011, 05:33 AM

Mei-Zhen looked quickly to the inn-keep, Ti had said Shaya? She did look to be in pain. The dragon looked back to the alter, then turned away from it. "Do you know anything of the history of this place?" she asked, thinking it might provide some clue as to what they were dealing with. She watched the demons outside Shaya's protections trying to get at them, surely these were just the small ones, larger ones would be farther in, closer to the real source.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 05:35 AM

Rebecca

Rebecca tilted her head to the side, thinking it was a curious curse. It sounded almost like the sea simply wanted someone to play with so forced someone to stay nearby. It seemed petty and silly to her… then again as a ghost she’d seen a lot of petty things. She was trapped here due to a petty thing for god’s sake. She shook off the thought as Kim spoke of Shaya and she half smiled.

”Shaya wouldn‘t want you to worry….but she‘ll be okay…. Though….” She trailed off, frowning at her feet as she knew there was only one way… She could save Shaya but it wasn’t fair what she’d have to do for it. She ran a hand through her hair that wasn’t physical enough to and her fingers passed through it as she gazed downward, finally she spoke.

”I think … the stones below are infecting her, “ Rebecca finally gave the clue halfheartedly. The truth was the stones were trying to make Shaya a demon somehow… and if they succeeded the demon blood would act as a poison to her angelic blood and she would probably die…She was to old to change now

(brb)

----------

Shaya

”Not from the time period this is all from no…. It is from the time before any of the written history of the area and though I am old I am not quite that old…” She said with a soft chuckle, running a hand through her hair. Her breathing was rather unsteady but still she held out the mental attack of the intangible demons, possession being her main worry. The physical ones could be fought off with a sword… the intangible could make you turn your sword on yourself..

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 05:53 AM

"Infecting her...?" Kim echoed softly, her eyebrows knitting together. After hearing something like that, who wouldn't worry? She also wondered just how that was possible. But she also asked the same question when her hands started cracking the first time and why she didn't bruise when she was injured, just spurted grains of sand. She figured she shouldn't be surprised, but lots of things just... Sounded odd.

"She has a really light presence." Lionel told Kim, "While looking through those books, only one thing seemed to make sense. An angel. Or someone with similarly holy blood."

Kim's eyes shot open, "Huh." she mumbled. So Shaya was an Angel. That certainly explained her previous happy and peaceful demeanor.

"The stuff they were talking about was dark magic." Lionel continued. "So, dark and light, eternal conflict, one trying to extinguish the other and such..." A pulse radiated through his head and he inhaled sharply, leaning on Kim.

"Lionel...?" She said slowly. This hadn't happened in a while, and it worried the black haired girl.

"Just aftermath." Lionel muttered, "Nothing to worry about. I'm fine." He said as he steadied himself.

((May be logging off soon. ^^; Sorry.))

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 AM

((I don't think it's weak ^^ I find it rather fascinating ))

Ti frowned as Shaya spoke. If it was not her powers then it was most likely the dark ones around them. As she responded to Mei, he took a moment to concentrate, strengthening his aura. He then swept the heavy cloak off his shoulders and stepped towards Shaya. Before she could object, he placed it around her as best he could. The fabric would absorb most of the aggressive energies around them, keeping her safe while she protected them. However, he was unsure as to how much the enchantment could really hold off. There was a possibility it would fail to do it's job as they ventured farther down into the caves.

Shaking the doubt aside, he gave Shaya a smile. "You are working to protect us, let this help to protect you." he said, letting go and stepping back again. Now that the fabric was not around him, he could feel the push of the demons outside the barrier Shaya had made, the heat of their power making his hair stand on end. "We should move on... I do not see much we can do here."

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-12-2011, 06:01 AM

((^///^ Yay! I'm glad you do!))

But the Aftermath hadn't effected Lionel in so long... Kim wondered if that really was what was going on. Lionel always waved it off nonchalantly, but it always worried the girl with the long black locks. After all, had she not found him, he probably wouldn't have an existence, paranormal or not...

((Neeh, sorry guys... ^^; I've gotta get some sleep. I don't know when I'll be back, gotta go some place tomorrow. I hope I can get back soon, though!))

Last edited by CADFND; 08-12-2011 at 06:07 AM..

Drakina

Old 08-12-2011, 06:04 AM

The dragon listened to Shaya's apology about not knowing, giving a mental shrug. When Ti gave her his cloak, one of her eyebrows twitched up, a movement that could easily be missed. "If we are to go deeper, we may want some light," she said, raising one hand, palm up, an offer to create some. She wondered how well he could see in the gloom. Shaya may very well not be able to see once they go deep enough.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-12-2011, 06:25 AM

Shaya

She had not seen him coming until the cloak was already around her she was so out of it and she shivered at the thought. She flushed a little in surprise, shuddering at the lingering lust that the smell of him awoke. For the cloak did smell very distinctly of the man, just a soft light scent that her human senses could barely detect but it was enough. Still… it was now just as it had been a few days ago. Just a passing streak of lust she could suppress and her body felt instantly cooler. In fact her feverish body was barely above normal within a few minutes.

”T..thanks…” She muttered softly, glancing down at her feet. She was surprised, but not as surprised as some might have been. He and mei had already proved that they were the kind to try and protect others… it was the one thing the three seemed to share ironically. She shrugged off the thought, pulling the cloak close. Now that she was a little closer to herself again her barrier flared out even further, pushing away the intangible and sending the weaker of the physical running… one with a squeal of pain as if it hurt. For those who could see aura’s hers would once again flare out bright white but there would be a single black spot …

”That’s a good idea mei…” She said quietly, not looking at any of them. With this cloak at least it seemed she could keep herself reasonably calm if she didn’t look… but of course his scent still filled her nose enough to keep it laying just beneath the surface.

Rebecca

”She is part angel ye….” She shrugged lightly, looking at lionel as he seemed to feel some pain. She frowned, was it affecting him too? As the stones were meant to bind the dead to this place it was not unheard of…One thing was clear either way.. That would be taken care of soon.

((it's alright dear.))

KageShio

Old 08-13-2011, 01:08 AM

Ti gave a nod in response to Shaya's thanks, then turned to look at the stone again before they moved on, eyes narrowing as he memorized the figures. He was already starting to get a feeling he knew what kind of powers they would find below. After a few moments, he turned back to his two companions.

"If you are giving light, let me lead so it is not blinding me. I also request you keep it as dim as you can, I can see much more in the darkness than you can in the light." he said, looking to the dragoness' out-stretched palm.

Drakina

Old 08-13-2011, 01:14 AM

Mei-Zhen nodded, a dim orb of aquamarine appearing with no sound. "Dim it shall stay, then. Please, Shaya, stay close enough for you to see," she said, dimming the orb slightly. It's light barely made it to Ti's feet. She dropped her hand, the orb remaining where it was, and took a step forward, waiting for the other woman. The orb kept pace.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-13-2011, 01:21 AM

Shaya

Shaya nodded and stood close to Mei even though it did make things a little more difficult to be nearer to someone. Still, with the cloak it was possible to ignore it though a thought had struck Shaya that kept her silent. If the cloak was able to protect her why did she still feel it? Was a part of it… inside her? Was she stuck having this…feeling?

KageShio

Old 08-13-2011, 01:52 AM

Ti started walking as soon as the two were behind him, making sure to keep his stride in check so he did not leave Shaya's barrier. The walk down the earthen tunnel actually proved to be rather easy, the only solid sign of the demons being the aggressive chatter and occasional squeal of pain from one that did not run fast enough. However, more than once Ti caught glimpses of something bigger sliding just out of view.

The farther they walked, the warmer and wetter the caves became. Ti started to run his thumb over the carved pommel of the wakizashi. To him, it started to feel as though the walls were moving in, the tunnel getting smaller as the temperature rose. His ears began to ring with the near constant sound of the smaller demons, their half-speak seeming to grow louder. His eyes started to flick back and forth between the walls and the path before him, were the shadows moving? No, he would feel it if they were... His mind was playing tricks on him, making him feel claustrophobic.

He took a deep breath, trying to relax and focus only on the stone at his feet. He would not let his focus be strayed, he had to keep his mind on the task at hand....

Suddenly, he stopped, holding out his arm to halt the other two. His eyes narrowed as he peered into the gloom ahead, the hair on the back of his neck rising. His gut wrenched and he drew his katana, the hissing of the steel as it was pulled from it's sheath quieting the inane chatter around them. After a moment he called on his vampiric blood, the power welling up to enhance is senses.

He looked back to Shaya and Mei with golden, slit-pupiled eyes. "Ready yourselves. There is something bigger than these imps out there." he said, voice a harsh whisper as he scanned the corridor behind them.

Drakina

Old 08-13-2011, 02:17 AM

The dragon simply drew the blade that he had loaned her, the weight still odd in her hand. She just hoped that she could use it without breaking it, or hurting someone else. The orb floated over to Shaya, hovering slightly above and in front of the other woman. Relaxing her hold on human form slightly gave her scales on the arm not holding the wakizashi, some defense, if not perfect. The dim light from the orb made them seem paler, white instead of the almost-white they were. Claws had also appeared in the stead of fingernails, wickedly curved and sharp.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-13-2011, 02:33 AM

Shaya

Shaya suppressed a sigh, knowing she wouldn’t be very useful in this fight. She raised her hands, closing her eyes. Between her hands formed some light, curling into a bladed staff of gold before solidifying. She would have to focus to keep the demons and ghosts out of their heads… but at least now she could protect herself a little… She bit her lip, waiting.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-13-2011, 04:25 AM

"I'm sorry" Zanthe smiled, looking at Chandra was like looking at his mother. Beautiful and elegant, he knew his mother would have stopped his stupid brother. "We need to hurry" Zanthe transformed back into a human and started running down the cave. "This way" Zanthe said making a sharp turn down a dark corridor. But stopping infront of a large red and black door. "Hunter must already be inside." Zanthe said looking back at Chandra.

(Staria: I'm sorry I was gone for like a day- 2...)

Last edited by GrandpaGeorge; 08-13-2011 at 04:48 AM..