Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 AM

”It is beautiful there I hear… You must tell me about it sometime….In fact feel free to talk to me any time you need to. ” Shaya laughed easily, waiting for Vani to unlock the door for her. Once she did she put the case by her bed and gave the girl another curtsy. She would walk towards the door, pausing only briefly to pat Vani on the shoulder and give her a warm smile. With that she was down the stairs, walking quicker now and picking up her skirts so she could take the stairs two at a time.

”I apologize sir, I don’t have anyone working with me right now. Donations often pay the bills but not always enough to hire a lot of help…” She laughed softly then, quickly retrieving a key. She held it out to him as she dropped her skirt, gazing at him a moment. She tilted her head to the side as finally she came to a decision.

”I do have ice tea ready for guests at any given time. Would you like some? You seem as if you could use some..” She said quietly, giving him a sympathetic smile. She seemed genuinely sorry for having made him wait.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 AM

Vani smiled and nodded at Shaya. "I will do just that! Thank you so much!" Vani watched as the friendly woman left and plopped backwards on the bed. She closed her eyes and within minutes, she was fast asleep.

(Heh, sorry! I gots to take a little break. Resident Evil: Extinction is on :drool: )

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 AM

He took the key saying, "I understand. I'm sorry for seeming impatient. The sun does not agree with me. I don't drink tea but ice water would be nice. I would like to bring my things to my room first though."

(ZOMBIES ROCK!!!)

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Kirnix walked. He didn't care where his feet took him, only that they took him away. Away from the pain, the heartache and the emptiness he felt inside. Though he had made good distance. Already he had walked, hitch-hiked, and stowed away for more than a few hundred miles. Placing distance between him and that person.

Kirnix held an air of ethereality about him, almost inhuman, but that wasn't wrong. Kirnix was not human. The blood that flowed through Kirnix's veins was Faerie and Elven. Most humans didn't seem to notice or care and he found with practiced ease he could fit in with them. His features a bit sharper than humans, and his hair seemed so wild. Most that chose to ignore or disbelieve the existence of ethereal creatures passed that off as it being dyed.

Kirnix never dyed his hair.

Stormy grey eyes seemed to fall on the victorian looking Inn. Kirnix stopped, blinking those stormy eyes a moment, and shaking that wild head of purple hair tinted with white. He had been lost in those thoughts again. Thoughts of that person. Now he stepped forward and entered the Inn. It would be good to rest for awhile. He had traveled long and far almost non-stop.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:56 AM

”there’s no problem dear. And Of course. Your room is number 6. I will have your water ready at the front desk.” She said with her usual polite curtsy. She gave another wide smile to the man and started for the kitchen. She would have the water and a pitcher read on a tray within a few minutes. She would return to the desk and sit it down, hearing the wind chime announce another visitor. My she was so busy today!

”Hello there, Please, come and sign in. The Inn is run on donations so you can give as little or as much as you like.” She greeted the new entry with another curtsy. He was not human she knew, but all kinds were welcome here and she saw no reason to make a fuss over it. If he wished to talk of his race then he could… if not…

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 AM

Jay went to his room and set his bag on a chair. Nothing in there but clothes and some books. The umbrella he leaned up against the wall. He was out of cash now but he could always get more. Before he got comfortable he made his way back to the front desk to grab his ice water. Before heading to his room again he said a quiet, "Thank you."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2011, 08:07 AM

Kirnix tilted his head to the side slightly when the female spoke to him. He could tell, she wasn't human...well...probably part human. It was none of his business really. Must be his lucky day though. An Inn run on donations. He glanced around, from the looks of it. Business seemed to be booming. He hesitated, counting out in his head how much money he actually had left. A slight frown formed on his lips as he moved to the desk to sign in. Hand slipped into his pocket and he pulled out some crumpled up bills. He pulled out a 20 and a 10. Though at first he had only intended on giving a 10, such a thing. It felt to cheap. Still, he knew he'd probably be hurting for that 20 later. It didn't matter. He handed over the 30 dollars, pocketed what little he had left over and stared down at the guest book for a moment before he began to fill it out.

Writing down his information, it would make it easier for that person to find him.

Kirnix shivered lightly for a moment, but filled it out anyway. He'd deal with that when and if it happened. "How long can I stay, on such a meager donation? Will food be provided or is that an additional cost?" His voice was a light whisper, soft like a tiny summer breeze. He looked up at the woman when he asked. Finished filling in the guest book.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 08:10 AM

”It is no problem sir, feel free to tell me if you need anything else .” She responded with another warm smile. She watched Jay leave and suppressed a sigh. So busy she couldn’t even pause to breath and she was already becoming alone again. Oh well, in this heat it didn’t surprise her. Even she would be tempted to take a nap.

”You may stay as long as you like, there is no need to worry. Food and drink are provided. The only thing is you may have to cook for yourself depending on how busy I am” She said with a soft laugh as she turned her attention back on Kirnix. He really did seem rather sweet despite his rather wild appearance. She was not too surprised at this but it was a pleasant fact to note.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2011, 08:19 AM

Kirnix blinked. "...Are you saying..You are the only person working here?" That was what it sounded like to him. If she was busy he'd have to cook for himself, though that wasn't really a problem, but. Shouldn't there be other staff members for that kind of thing. His brow furrowed and he shook his head. Maybe not. A place run on donations, probably used up all it's money on bills. That would leave almost nothing to use to pay employees. "Nevermind. I think I understand.."

Kirnix stepped to the side a bit, so that he was not blocking the desk and guest book. Standing beside the desk instead of infront of it. He ran a hand through his wild purplish hair. The information he had just gathered made him want to donate even more money to this establishment. He couldn't though. He absolutely could not. Nor could he stay here for too long. A few days at the most. He regarded the woman for a moment. Kirnix was silent now and remained there, standing next to the desk.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 AM

” You are correct but honestly I rather enjoy having such involvement with my costumers, it is nothing to worry about Sir.” She answered with a warm smile, shaking her head at him. She reached over and patted him gently on the shoulder in a comforting sort of way. She didn’t like her guests worrying, especially not over her. She didn’t mind working hard, in fact it gave her something to do. Something in her blood made her dislike being idle…

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 08:28 AM

Jay went to his room, locked the door and sat in the other chair. He took his time drinking the ice water and let himself relax. This helped bring his body temperature down. He noticed an overhead fan and turned it on once his water was done. With a bit of a breeze he laid down and quickly fell asleep.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2011, 08:35 AM

When she reached over and patted him gently on the shoulder, Kirnix jumped and flinched. Drawing away from her a little bit. He swallowed hard, looking away from her quickly. Perhaps a bit embarrassed at his actions? His gaze went from the floor back to the female. "...Touching makes me uncomfortable..." A shiver raced down his spine. "What room shall I be sleeping in? Shall I go prepare my dinner now, and if so, would you like anything? Do you think I should cook something for some of your other guests as well?" Kirnix wanted to be helpful, it seemed like it could a stressful job, working all alone..and perhaps he was also trying to make up for not being able to donate alot of money, and also make up for the way he reacted when she had touched him.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 08:40 AM

She watched him a moment with concern and something else hidden in her gaze. The jumpy could often turn on the unsuspecting person and as a woman alone with no family or friend to come to her aid she was often underestimated. She simply smiled at him, however, and did nothing. She didn’t even reach for her desk or make any other motion but to drop her hand.

” I see.. And lets see, your key is to room number 7. It seems there is no more guests so I can prepare it if you like. I tend to make enough for all the current guests. If you would like to go get settled I would understand” She said without missing a beat, picking up his key. She held it out to him, when he took it she would head towards the kitchen whether he went to get settled or followed with her. Once in the kitchen she would put on a white apron and make sure her braid was behind her instead of hanging down her front as it frequently did.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 AM

A gentle tap of sturdy boots signaled the entrance of another guest at the Inn. A newcomer, a youthful woman, was carefully tugging at the collar of a thick scarf as if it were to let her breathe. Although the light was dim at the reception desk, and quite abandoned, it was easy to make out her features. She had dark brown hair that was pulled back in a haphazard mess of braids and trinkets. One such bead was a long piece of bone that hung just behind one of her ears. Her clothing was foreign and robe-like, although it opened at her thighs to reveal the source of her noise; a pair of brown boots that rose to her knees and slouched somewhat at the ankle.

Resting her right hand upon the ornate desk, she would wait patiently for someone to make their own appearance.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2011, 08:53 AM

Kirnix took the key when it was offered and slipped it into his pocket. Really it wouldn't take much to get him settled in. He had no lugage with him. Just the clothes on his back and the little bit of money in his pocket. He waited until she was a few steps ahead of him before he began following her towards the kitchen. Once in the kitchen, Kirnix didn't hesitate in finding a counter to sit on. One he was sure was out of the way. "Do you have chicken and mangos? I wouldn't mind some baked chicken with a few mango slices on the side...and...juice. Fruit juice..or water if you don't have that." He blinked, shaking his head slightly. "I'm sorry, if I'm being too demanding, or annoying. If I'm being a bother, just tell me and I'll leave you alone." He offered her a slight smile. He wasn't trying to be a bother.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 07:18 PM

"Yes, I am" Hunter smiled bowing to the beautiful lady. "I must be getting to sleep now" Hunter said as he turned and walked towards the stairs. Once he got to the second floor he noticed a door opened just a crack and thought for a moment. 'Maybe, I should go check it out' Hunter walked slowly towards the door, pushing it open just slightly. And recognizing the girl. It was Kim from downstairs, Hunter slowly tiptoed out of the room. Walking down the hallway once again finding the room marked 12 as marked on his key. Opening the door Hunter smelt the air, It smelt fresh like the sea. "I could stay here awhile" Hunter sat his small bag down on the table. Then walking over to look out the window. "Beautiful" Hunter admired the sea, as a young boy he wanted to be a surfer. He couldn't surf though, so he took up dancing.

Hunter fell over onto the bed, thinking for a moment. 'The way the sea moves, It's just so beautiful. I can work it into a dance I know it' Hunter closed his eyes drifting off thinking about the 2 woman he met today. "Just beautiful" Hunter said before falling asleep.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Rebecca, a ghost who had haunted the land since before the inn was built, happened to spot that Shaya was in the kitchen and grinned. She swept into the room through a nearby wall from behind the new comer. She floated towards the desk, looking fairly ordinary… if you didn’t look down. She apparently leaned against the desk and grinned at the girl.

”Hello. My name is Rebecca, how may I help you?” she said cheerfully, her hair falling around her. She wasn’t capable of touching the living but that didn’t mean she didn’t like to tease them. It was fun to play.. And well it gave her something to do.

Shaya chuckled slightly but nodded as the man spoke his options. Chicken was always a well accepted meal. She washed her hands and quickly started preparations… when she heard Rebecca’s all to familiar voice. She liked Rebecca well enough, She just had a habit of scaring off costumers or drawing investigators… which she would then tease.

”I’m sorry… give me just a moment Sir” She said quietly, giving him a reassuring smile. She then headed to the man room, giving Rebecca a warning look. The ghost woman simply giggled and turned back to the costumer, leaving Shaya uncertain what to do..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2011, 07:32 PM

Kirnix nodded slightly when the woman asked him to wait. It was a busy place, really she could just let him fix his own food while she tended to the things that were more important. Like the other guests. He sat there for a moment, on the counter, and then slipped off it. Moving over to peek out of the kitchen to see what he could see. The woman looked rather uncertain as some other female was behind the desk, leaning on it and perhaps checking people in. Kirnix wrinkled his nose slightly. "...Ghost..." He mumbled the word softly, quietly, though it was more like he breathed the word than mumbled it. He'd only ever encountered one ghost before. Kirnix shook his head slightly to clear it.

He just watched to see what would happen next. Already this place seemed very interesting.

GrandpaGeorge
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Hunter awoke in the morning to complete silence. "It's too quiet" Hunter said standing up and walking to the bathroom to brush his teeth and hair. After he finished changing his clothes, Hunter went down the hall and down the stairs. "Good morning" Hunter spoke as he walked into the kitchen. "I shall cook something for myself" Hunter smiled walking over to the fridge and grabbing a loaf of bread, eggs, cinnamon, brown sugar, and honey. Walking over to the counter and setting down the ingredients. Grabbing a bowl from a cupboard above, and a frok from the drawer beneath him. Before he started mixing the ingredients together, he put the griddle on to heat up. Hunter tossed the bread into the mixture then onto the hot griddle.

Once it was cooked, he tossed it onto a plate. Continuing to make more and once he had finished 6 slices of bread. He turned the griddle off and put on a pot of coffee. Hunter walked back over to the fridge grabbing some mangoes, strawberries and raspberries. Slicing up the mango and putting a few slices on each plate, Putting as well a few strawberry slices and a pinch of raspberries. Drizzling the honey over top of the wonderfully smelling french toast.

Last edited by GrandpaGeorge; 08-07-2011 at 08:02 PM..

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Kitiara was walking down the road when she stumbled upon an in. She was dressed rather plainly, a plain black t-shirt, a long but simple black skirt to hide her tail, and a baseball cap to hide her ears. She walked into the inn, expecting to be thrown out as fast as she entered, seeing as she had no money
It can't hurt to try, She thought to herself
I mean, I need to find somewhere to sleep tonight
She then walked into the inn, hoping that she'd be able to stay at least one night

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 07:40 PM

"You have a peeping tom."

Kim was startled awake by the sound. She sat up, and turned her head to focus on the sound. It was Lionel, a... peculiar friend of hers. She sighed, crossing her arms as she re-positioned herself on the bed. Lionel was a ghost. A ghost that would only reveal his presence around her. A ghost that had a habit of looking after the black-haired girl like a brother would. Like all brothers, Lionel certainly had times where he annoyed Kim to no end.

"Lionel, I was sleeping."

"Yes, well..." Lionel mused, running a hand through his brown hair, "... That person from downstairs who was flirting with you. I thought that you'd want to know."

"Hunter? No way." Kim shook her head. "He's a gentleman. A REAL gentleman."

Lionel rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, love."

Knowing that in Lionel's presence she wouldn't get ANY sleep whatsoever, Kim decided to head downstairs- but not before grabbing her favorite sketchbook and pencil. Lionel disappeared from view, but walked alongside Kim.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM

”Ohhh…. Something smells nummy” Rebecca said with a giggle. With that she turned and ran through the deck and the wall, before the possibly astonished costumer. She would then hover just behind Hunter, sniffing the air. She couldn’t eat of course but that didn’t mean she couldn’t’ enjoy the smell. She ignored Shaya not caring.

”er… if you want a room miss, just sign in and leave a donation of whatever amount at the desk…” she called out to the woman from earlier, starting towards the kitchen to clean up whatever mess Becca caused now. Even as she started towards the room, however, she would hear the wind chime warning. A new costumer… if she didn’t get there first Rebecca would. She looked torn a moment but then walked forward to Kitiara.

”Hello miss, welcome to the Sea Side Inn. The Inn is run on donations so you may pay as little or as much as you like. Would you like a room?” She greeted softly with an old fashioned curtsy. She flashed her a warm smile, her worry instantly gone and falling back into her public smiling face. She glanced up as she heard Kim enter. She could sense a presence next to her but it did not feel threatening so she didn’t much care what it was.

”Oh hello Miss. Good morning..” She greeted absently, giving her another warm smile. She was glad to see the woman hadn’t been scared off. When you ran a haunted Inn you never really knew how long a guest would stay.. No matter how ‘brave’ they were.

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 PM

((Staria, I think you should be the one keeping track of what time it is. That way four different people aren't all on different times. Also is it the same day?))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 07:46 PM

((Well she was making dinner last so it should be technically ^.^','))

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 PM

((It was late afternoon/evening last time I checked. At least I thought it was... ^^;))