(-.-)zzZ
Banned

Old 07-17-2011, 04:17 AM

Manga or anime, and why?

Last edited by paramore444; 07-17-2011 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: wrong word

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-17-2011, 06:13 PM

I prefer manga. I'm not sure why. I guess it's because I was never all that into watching TV but I've always loved reading comics.

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM

i prefer anime over manga because its cooler to see the animation of something happening as well as hear voices like an actual event than just read pictures with diologue boxes I mean I still read manga dont get me wrong and I espescially read manga when it continues where the anime left off if I get into the story but overall id prefer anime.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-18-2011, 02:24 AM

Manga, that way I don't have to worry about voice actors screwing up the whole show. I am big time OCD over that... That's why I hate them in English, can't stand them! The voices just don't fit the characters... The few shows I've seen in English were just bloody horrible.

Besides, I like reading better and listening to my music. XD

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 AM

I'm a bit torn on this one... :c

But I'd probably say I prefer the anime versions of shows better. I just like seeing things in motion, and I usually really like anime openings because it's like a mini music video with the series. And there are certain things I overlook because I read too quickly/not in-depth enough that I can catch in the anime.

But I only prefer anime in Japanese, not English dub. It doesn't feel right otherwise... like it's taken out of context... :sweat:

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-18-2011, 04:57 PM

uh there are some reallly amazing dubs out there for example

death notes dub was pure amazing so was gun graves, you guys should look at more dubs

hellsing was a damn good dub to you can't go wrong with crispin freeman.

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 PM

@Obviously: I see, I'll check them out. =3 It's just that the dubs I've seen so far didn't really work well.

Obviously
Mugeneer

Old 07-18-2011, 10:27 PM

yeah you should I do agree there are some HORRIBLE dubs im looking at you love hina *Shudders*. but there are also really good ones like the ones I mentioned and theres some others tower of druaga has a great dub, its debatable but I liked excel sagas dub even though excel got annoying at times.

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
yeah you should I do agree there are some HORRIBLE dubs im looking at you love hina *Shudders*. but there are also really good ones like the ones I mentioned and theres some others tower of druaga has a great dub, its debatable but I liked excel sagas dub even though excel got annoying at times.
Haha, I saw the Death Note dubs... I've seen Hellsing dubs... I've seen many, many dubs!

But honestly they all are nothing like the originals. They don't even begin to compare. So in my opinion, I only watch originals of shows. XD

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-19-2011, 04:07 AM

@Obviously: Well, I haven't really been watching dubs recently, but a few older ones I watched were painful to hear. :c

@Ana: Yeah, I agree! There's just this something in the original that doesn't compare.

OzzysSycophant
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM

It really depends on what it is. With Ouran High School Host Club, Naruto and Death Note I prefer the anime. With Fairy Tail, RuroKen and Chobits I prefer the manga. Usually things that have long blocks of text for one picture or a lot of really actiony fight scenes make me prefer the anime, but things that are supposed to be more visually stunning or detail-oriented, I prefer the manga.

Also, I can't do dubs. Subs all the way for me. Americans just pick the most annoying people to do anime characters. I never liked Naruto [the character] until I heard the original Japanese actor because the american one made him so flubbing annoying!

Last edited by OzzysSycophant; 07-19-2011 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Oops, forgot a thought ^^;

yoruichi222

Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM

i would say manga because anie is usually based of it, sometimes for the worst. However, i watch anime a huge amount as well :angel:

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-19-2011, 07:41 PM

I have use for both depending on my mood, or placement. Like I'm more likely to read manga than watch an anime at work.

MadMustache
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-20-2011, 11:40 PM

I like manga much more than anime. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy either of the two mediums, but in general, manga is more interesting to me. I like to draw and would love to make comics one day, so reading manga is a good way for me to see how the story is structured and how the artist moves your eye across the page.

The style is another thing that gets me. Sometimes anime can be a bit too 'clean', while manga is much grittier. It's more enjoyable to get a kick out of seeing people express themselves through their lineart, and such. Yep. -nods-

If I were given a choice, than I'd have to go with manga lol But both mediums are just as good as the other.

xXMetalGirlXx
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 AM

Personally, I prefer anime. I'm not really into books that much, but some manga sounds pretty fun to read.

darkmystery11234
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-25-2011, 01:49 AM

manga, because some of the time, it goes farther than anime story wise.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Hmm, for shoujo's I prefer manga, because it isn't as slow as the anime, and it's easier to skip parts....Sometimes in shounens too, but for battles I prefer the anime. Manga battles are really confusing @_@. Otherwise I watch the anime if I'm too lazy to read, or I want to hear what the characters sound like...

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-28-2011, 11:27 PM

I prefer manga to anime significantly. the reason is rather simple and that would be tht the manga has more detail in it and often times if better the anime often experiences bad art or voice actors do not suit characters or situations change because the way you were reading it is not the same as how other people may perceive it. granted i have found a few animes that do not have a manga or that make a great show off of the plot so i suppose it all depends but all in all i have found that manga often times is much better than anime

Last edited by sacrilegious requiem; 07-28-2011 at 11:50 PM..

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrilegious requiem View Post
the anime often experiences bad art or voice actors do not suit characters
That is the most annoying thing ever.

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WherededIGo View Post
That is the most annoying thing ever.
oh my gosh someone who agrees with me some people tell me that anime voice actors are always amazing and do the character exactly as it is suppose to be bit alot of the time i find they miss the subtext and wreck the story

Agent HEY-LEE
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM

Manga.

With anime...
-Sometimes I have to pause a lot to read the subtitles and/or any notes
-I find most voices annoying/not suitable
-The artwork might be different (like with Dazzle o_e)
-I can't really read the subtitles and enjoy the show at the same time (I like looking at everything that's going on)
-Sometimes they start it before the manga finishes
-They change things

sacrilegious requiem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-30-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent HEY-LEE View Post
Manga.

With anime...
-Sometimes I have to pause a lot to read the subtitles and/or any notes
-I find most voices annoying/not suitable
-The artwork might be different (like with Dazzle o_e)
-I can't really read the subtitles and enjoy the show at the same time (I like looking at everything that's going on)
-Sometimes they start it before the manga finishes
-They change things
just to add watching dubbed just doesn't work because it wrecks the story (have yet to find good dubbed series ever) and the voice acting is just horrible

I agree fully with everything you say

luvlolli
Music Is My Escape :P
Send a message via Yahoo to luvlolli

Old 07-31-2011, 02:35 AM

Manga, because i dont know why i feel like this but i feel like an accomplishment after i finish the whole series because the feel of the last page flipping off my finger :D Also i dont like having to read the dubs on some anime because it takes away from watching you have to read the dubs. I also like carrying a book around with me everywhere and i can't take my computer with my every where. :D Manga definitively

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrilegious requiem View Post
oh my gosh someone who agrees with me.
I know how that feels... Most of my friends just don't like the English dubs, but sometimes both version are bad :yes:.

Zombee.
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2011, 03:05 PM

I prefer subbed anime (cannot watch dubbed no matter how many times I try. I end up cringing at the poor voice actor/actress casting and the way things are worded. Like in subbed when they speak "engrish". There's pauses where there shouldn't be, words jumbled together where there should be pauses, etc etc.) It seems more intense to me whenever there's fights or serious heart-wrenching scenes if I can see it "acted out" in front of me. I mean, I can do that all the same with manga in my mind it's just.. more enjoyable with anime.

Last edited by Zombee.; 08-05-2011 at 03:08 PM..