Youn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 PM

True but I think Troughton could also be a candidate to that list, depending on who you ask since he's very well known as well with re-runs and such. :3
It's all very subjective.

If it was faces instead of names, I think Pertwee would score very high. XD
Even if people can't pinpoint him as the Doctor, they seem to recognice his face.

Last edited by Youn; 08-09-2009 at 03:22 PM..

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

Old 08-09-2009, 03:22 PM

sokay. i just prefer everyone calling me leenie since that's what everyone calls me irl.

pah. i'm a crybaby as well, but i think we were just in shock. it was just "no way, you can't do that. well something magical is going to happen, right?"
but it didn't. CRYYYYYYYY.

okay.
imma go click gpx+ and listen to pride and prejudice. (pfft. XD)

kasorin
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 03:24 PM

I need to finish season three of Dr. Who still. The site I was using was becoming annoying... Then I suppose I should go about watching Torchwood once I've finished season four.

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 03:32 PM

I really need to get my hands on episodes from the Classic series so I can watch them.

David Tennant is my favorite of the doctors I've seen, but I love him so much I can't imagine anyone else beating him.

I've seen Torchwood as well. I liked most of it, but the Children of Earth arc pissed me off a bit.

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 08-09-2009, 03:37 PM

If you're looking for older Doctor Who, next Netflix.^^
I agree, the CAE arc was a bit irate.

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 PM

Youn, maybe. xD Davison's very popular as well, isn't he? I dunno, it does depend a lot on who you talk to.

Leenie, true. I think a lot of people are still not quite believing it and hoping they'll somehow reverse it.

This is difficult to talk about without spoiling.. xDX

A part of my loves when TV series kill fairly big and/or loved characters. It shows confidence - they're sure they're popular enough so they can do that. If they weren't, they'd never dare kill anyone and that would be no fun. Then you'd know all the characters were going to live forever and there wouldn't be the same kind of excitement.
I love Ianto and I'm terribly sad he died, but at the same time, a part of me is glad they didn't chicken out and bring him back to life. I'm sad Torchwood had to break up like that though. I wonder what will happen to Jack, and if we'll see Gwen again.

kasorin, no no no, you start watching Torchwood after season two! And watch it alongside Doctor Who, because that's when Torchwood started, and they do intertwine the two series a little bit. : D

Why didn't you guys like the CoE? I thought it was really good myself..

I need to watch more Classic as well. I have a few more, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll probably watch loads of it this winter.

Youn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2009, 03:45 PM

Definitely, I'm a big fan of Davison. And McCoy as well, but I seem to be a bit lonely on that one, depending on the crowd. <.<
Actually, I'm rather fond of them all, almost equally. They did the best they could with what they were given, I think.
Different times calls for different aspects of the Doctor and his companions. :3

Shimawa_zen
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2009, 03:53 PM

ljosberinn: (cut for Torchwood spoilers)

SPOILERX

Loosing Ianto was sad, but I felt like his death was a bit cheap and easily prevented. It was an expected death after the ridiculous amount of foreshadowing they did - in a way a bit too expected because it took away from the emotional impact it was supposed to have. It also felt like the relationship between Jack and Ianto had regressed a bit from where it was in season 2.

At this point in the story, I guess I'm voting that they not try to revive Torchwood. Maybe they should do a different spin-off about Jack traveling the stars or something instead.

I agree that different times call for different doctors and companions. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and respond differently to different situations they get placed in.

Stallion Duck

Old 08-09-2009, 03:54 PM

Well, I'm not saying I didn't like it.
It was just a bit under expected, even for Torchwood standards.
Then, again I miss the complete fourth season, so who knows what I'm talking about!
;D

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 AM

what, did you all stop when i left? O_o;;

ljosX

as much as i love ianto, that was kind of a final thing there and it would be weird to bring him back now.
but my one friend who was watching coe with us (the one who hadn't watched dw or tw at all before) sent me this and this. XD
the worst part is i thought most of those ten things could actually happen. xp

SO ANYWAY, who else is excited for eleven?
i saw a description for his outfit on wikipedia and squeed in joy.
because i'm nerdy like that. 8B

Stallion Duck

Old 08-10-2009, 12:02 AM

I love eleven's outfit... except his boots.
Those bother me for some reason.

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 08-10-2009, 12:26 AM

hmm. i haven't seen his boots and all the description says is "black boots". :C

oh wait.
there it is.
are those... army boots?
snerkt.
but.
ANOTHER REDHEADED COMPANION. 8D
yay. ::squees for ginger power::

Last edited by tirethminet; 08-10-2009 at 12:28 AM..

Stallion Duck

Old 08-10-2009, 12:30 AM

Army boots aren't what my brother called them.
xD

I know I'm so happy for another red headed companion.

Last edited by Stallion Duck; 08-10-2009 at 12:32 AM..

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 AM

what did your brother call them? xp
or is it something unmentionable? O_o;;

Bumblebee
Formerly known as Robin-chan

Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 AM

My fan-senses were tingling, and they led me here.

I love the Doctor and all of his forms, even the new one, though I had doubts at first. I'm going to give him a chance, he seems like a nice chap. It will be a shame to see Tennant leave, my friend will be in tears when it happens. I personally liked Nine a lot, too, but she loves Ten the best. I also love Four and Five, and I think Eight is pretty. <3

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 AM

well, hello there, little bee. :3
you have very good fan-senses. C<

heh. matt smith is totally starting to grow on me, but i don't think i'll ever love a doctor more than tennant. x3
(i will probably cry as well when he leaves. XD)
hmmmm. the only "old" doctor i've seen is one, but i would very much love to see any four episodes. (mostly for that scarf. <3)

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 AM

*bounces in*

did someone say The Doctor?!?
I've been meaning to try and watch more Classic Who, but it's so hard to find online and I don't have the money to buy the dvds

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 08-10-2009, 04:04 AM

Woo!
I was wondering if there'd be an event thread!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 AM

@slowtrain- Ooh, I love classic doctor! I think Netflix has it, but none of the serieses are complete. Dx
The fourth and eighth Doctor are my favorite classic ones, and I just can't decide between Tennant and Eccleston. ;3;

Stallion Duck

Old 08-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Hands down, my favorite Doctor has to be Baker.
He's probably the most recognizable Doctor there is. Well next, to Tennant.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 08-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Aww, I hadn't seen this thread before now.

I'll read back in a second. But because my mum was watching the end of Torchwood series two the other night:

Spoilery spoilersX

I forgot how sad the of that end was. When Toshiko says "because you're breaking my heart" I don't know how a TV show could make me feel that emotional. ^^;

Tireth: Meh, I hope Eleven is a better character than Matt Smith is a person. He was a bit er, dick-ish for want of a better word, when I saw him being interviewed about it on TV. :/

tirethminet
the leenie

Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM

well he's the most recognizable out of the old school doctors.
because of the scarf. <3
and i believe he was... late 70s? which was probably when it came over to the us. XD

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 08-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Ahh so many replies! : D

ShimawaX

Maybe they did too much foreshadowing, but I dunno, I didn't really mind. I thought the series was really awesome, but of course it had weak points, as well as not-so-well-done points. But I think it was good enough over-all that I don't mind them so much. :3
I guess they probably won't and shouldn't revive Torchwood, at least not that Torchwood. And I wonder if making a completely different Torchwood team would be worth the money for them, it would feel a bit cheap I think.

LeenieX

Aha yeah, I'd seen the first link. I watched the video, but I'm at work so I couldn't listen to it. It was pretty good. Though the part where Jack went back to the stars and Gwen is about to have a baby made it way too final. If Ianto had been resurrected somehow, I don't think Jack would leave like that.

Eleven was wearing boots? Hmm.. I saw a picture of his outfit somewhere, I think I have the link to it at home but I'm at work now. I really liked his outfit though, especially the bow tie. xD
And his companion is pretty. Really pretty. >.> (I just hope she can act as well as she looks!)

Bumblebee! Zero Punctuation person! Welcome to the TARDIS! : D And hello slowtrain as well, and everyone!

Little Miss Flip-Flops
So many questions... never enoug...

Old 08-10-2009, 05:30 PM

Oh I love Doctor Who!! <3

madd_hatters
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2009, 05:36 PM

holy crap, I'm in love!

I'm obsessed with Doctor Who but rarely find people/hangouts that are as well! <3