Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2015, 05:57 PM

Neal lay on his bed, asleep, but not peaceful. In his mind, the familiar images played out.

"You're not my child! Not you, you're not her!" she screeched. He stumbled back. It was too late though. He brought his arms up to block the stab of the knife. He felt the bite of pain again and again, but he wouldn't fight back. Even if he could past his surprise, he wouldn't. This just should not have been happening.

"Just die already!" And that was it. Blackness, numb, nothing. Nothing existed past that point. He thought only one thing.

'Oh...I think I'm dead.'

A scream strangled somewhere in the back of his throat, Neal shot up in his bed. He struggled for breath as he gripped the spot over his heart just to feel the wild beat of his heart. It still beat though. He still lived. Even one year after it stopped beating, he still needed the reassurance. How often did he dream this nightmare or some variation of it? Even if it didn't follow the exact course of his memory, it still terrified him as nothing else could. Few things could calm the panic in him though and even feeling his own heartbeat didn't quite still it. He needed someone to tell him he was alright, because then, maybe he would be.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-29-2015 at 05:59 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-29-2015, 09:36 PM

::Neal?:: A concerned voice entered Neal's mind. It was Nico. For some reason Nico had felt Neal die a year ago. It had felt like he wa dying himself. But then it was if he himself had been brought back from the brink. Since that day Neal and he had had a telepathic bond. ::Neal, it's alright. It was just a dream.:: Nico, not for the first time, wished he could be there in person with Neal.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2015, 11:19 PM

The voice that filtered into Neal's mind made it easy to breath. It always did. He'd heard of people forming connections like this, but never so sudden as he did with Nico. Now that he could think clearly, he recognized that his nightmare didn't quite stay true to his memory of that day one year ago. Because right in that moment that he died, he felt a surge, an absolute connection to another. And when he woke, it was to Nico's voice. :Sorry. You shouldn't have to keep telling me this: And yet, he never wanted Nico to stop.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 01:58 AM

::You have nothing to be sorry for. I don't mind telling you at all.:: And that was the gods honest truth. He loved that he could help Neal. He only wished he could do more. He very much wanted to meet Neal in person. He knew it would happen at some point. Nico headed to make himself some coffee. He knew that Neal would want to talk for awhile and that was alright. His one bedroom apartment was rather dingy. He let out an audible sigh as he started his coffee. He wanted to meet Neal but not here. Not in this place.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 02:13 AM

::I'm still grateful:: Neal ran a hand over his face one more time and found his eyes falling on his arms. In his sleep, the long sleeves he wore got bunched up and revealed some of his pale arm. He quickly looked away before he could dwell on the scars there. No matter how many times he saw them, he couldn't get used to the sight. Getting out of bed, he decided to start his day before his father came looking for him. ::Did you sleep well?::

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 08:09 PM

::Well enough.:: Nico says as he makes himself coffee. ::I wish we could meet.:: He said with a soft sigh through the link. He yearned to meet Neal and to hold him close. ::We could share a cup of coffee. Do things together.:: He did his best not to sound whiny through the link. It just sucked that they didn't live closer to each other.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 PM

Neal managed a very soft chuckle. It amazed him how easily Nico could make him want to smile even when so few other things did. He stared at himself in the bathroom mirror and dragged a hand through his messy black hair. ::Wishful thinking. We both know it is. So unless you're planning on swimming across an ocean, make do with this:: It was hard at first to realize that his few friend and most important person lived so far away, but he'd grown used to the distance and the impossibility of it all. Maybe he longed to meet, but he figured it would also never happen.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 10:13 PM

::It will happen. One of these days. I've been saving my pennies. I will fly over the ocean to get to you.:: He sipped his coffee. ::I'd like to send you my picture.:: He said wondering how Neal would take to this. He knew his soulmate lived in America. He hated that he lived across the ocean in England. He wondered, not for the first time, what had brought them together.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-30-2015, 10:58 PM

::How can you sent me a picture? I haven't figured out images on this link yet:: Neal didn't fully understand the way it worked and his dad had no answers either. Though, with the way Neal asked in roundabout hypotheticals, it was no wonder. At the time, he didn't know how to explain all the was going on in his head and who he spoke to. Turning on the shower, he let the warm water wash the sweat of the night away. ::You don't mean by mail do you?::

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 03:25 AM

::Yeah I do. I mean if you're o.k. with it.:: He felt that maybe he had over stepped a line of some sort in asking for this info. He finished his coffee and went to get ready for the day. He really wished he had somebody to talk to about what was going on. But he was the only one he had. He checked the clock cursing. If he didn't get ready soon he'd be late for work. He started to get ready for his day.

OOC: And just an FYI England is five hours ahead of Eastern time zone USA.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 04:03 AM

((Neal's in Louisiana so should be 6))

Neal stared up at the shower spray and found himself wondering what it would be like to share his experiences--what he saw, what he felt--more clearly with Nico. It would be nice if they could share more than words. ::I guess that would be fine. I just don't want my dad asking about it:: Ever since what happened a year ago, he'd been closed off. Well, Neal had been that way before, but it got worse after he had reason to pull away. Surely mail from far away would seem out of place.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 07-01-2015 at 05:47 PM..

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 03:58 PM

((Alright.))

::I don't want to get you into trouble.:: He said glad, not for the first time, that he lived alone. He had grabbed a quick breakfast and was getting dressed. ::Ugh I so don't want to go to work.:: He said. He was a barista and it barely paid the rent in this shabby hole. He also worked in a warehouse. The warehouse income went aside so he could save up to fly to Louisiana and visit Neil. He has also applied for a third job as well.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 05:54 PM

When Neal got out of the shower, he eyed the still black shade of the sky. If his father hadn't heard his nightmare and come to check on him by now, he wouldn't. Probably best to go back to sleep. ::I won't get into trouble if I look at the mail before him. Probably will anyway. Da is so spacey sometimes:: Neal flopped onto his bed, landing face first into a pillow. Considering he was in his second year of college, he didn't need to live at home. The reality was, both he and his father craved the closeness though and Neal didn't think he could be cruel enough to his father alone after his mother...

He shook the thoughts away. ::At least you can work. I'll keep chatting if I won't distract you today::

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 07:49 PM

::You won't distract me. I've gotten really good at doing my Starbucks thing and talking to you.:: He said putting on his uniform and heading out. ::I've been saving money from my second job so I can come see you. I am also thinking of looking for a third job.:: He walked up the street waving to people as they passed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 07:58 PM

::A third job? You don't have to do that:: Neal sighed into his pillow. Nico put too much effort into trying to see him. Wasn't it hard enough with two jobs, always working, working so much. Neal didn't do much of anything himself, but what could he do? He had to stay with his father. ::I feel bad that it's always you making the effort::

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-01-2015, 10:13 PM

::I don't mind. You're worth it.:: He said as he locked in to work. He washed his hands and started working. He kept up conversations with his customers. What he didn't tell Neal was what he was planning for when they did meet. ::You have any plans for today?:: He loved hearing about Neal.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Worth it? Not a lot of people seemed to agree with that statement. Not even his own mother wanted him deep down. But Neal chose not to respond to that lest he make Nico worry. Of course Nico wouldn't agree so why bother with the argument. ::I don't have any classes so I thought I would go for a walk, maybe draw something:: He'd gotten a lot more comfortable with his art again and it would be nice if one day he could look at his watercolors with something besides distress.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-02-2015, 06:43 PM

::Oh that's wonderful. I'm not much of an artist myself.:: He said with a wistful sigh through the link. ::I do enjoy going to art museums and such though.:: He tried to go as often as he was able, what with two jobs and all. ::So tell me, do you partake of Starbucks?:: He had often wondered if Neal did.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-04-2015, 01:07 AM

Neal didn't think he was much of an artist either, but he once did. His mother too, she used to be such an artist. She taught him to paint and his colors once belonged to her. Maybe that was why he found it so hard to use the paints now even though the emotion was far more complex than just disliking them now. He lifted his face up to look at the table on the other side of his room where his sketchbook lay. ::Starbucks? Not so much, though if I'm awake this early, I feel like I might need it:: Somehow he just never got into indulging himself like that.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-04-2015, 02:29 AM

::If you can avoid getting addicted I would.:: He said laughing through the link. He drank the tea sometimes but that was very rare that he treated himself to that. His shift was nearing the end and he was glad for it. He was also glad that he didn't have to work his warehouse job today. Those days were the worst.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-07-2015, 05:34 PM

::I think I'll pass on anything addicting:: Neal rolled his eyes and breathed deep into his pillow. His body felt so relaxed just from talking to the other. He yawned and decided he'd had enough of being awake. ::Enjoy your day. I'm going back to sleep:: So for the rest of Nico's shift and until it was mid-morning for him, Neal went back to sleep.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-07-2015, 07:37 PM

Nico worked through the day. He couldn't stop thinking about Neal. He did decide he wouldn't bring up the sending a picture to him again. He feels that maybe he over stepped some line or something. After he work he headed home. His feet were killing him. He sunk into a chair glad to be home.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-12-2015, 05:43 PM

Neal slept for another few hours before he he went down to get himself a cereal bar for breakfast. Just as he said, he sat down under a window with his sketchbook and began to draw with a piece of vine charcoal. He didn't have anything specific in mind and expected scenes of forests, lakes, and mountains to appear in his art as they often did. This time though, he found his soft grey lines taking shape into a face. Strange. He never drew people.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 PM

Since he wasn't working his warehouse job Nico had decided to go for a walk. Though he couldn't afford to buy a lot of things he could admit to enjoying window shopping. And he had a bit of extra money he might go ahead and treat himself to a tea in a tea shop. Though he could make it at home there was just something about having a cuppa in a shop. Though he might go ahead and eat something other then ramen noodles tonight for dinner.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 01:02 AM

Neal finally set his pencils aside when the face took on a definite shape. He couldn't be sure, but he guessed the face belonged to Nico. Which begged the question of just how he managed to do that. Or know in his heart who the unknown face belonged to. After dinner and before his friend went to bed, he would have to ask him about this. In the meantime, Neal went down to help his father prepare lunch.

"Hey da," he said, rounding the corner. His father smiled at him.

"Sleep well?"

Neal hesitated, but only for the briefest second. "Yes, much better than last night." The lie came too easy considering how often he said it. His father didn't buy it for a second, but he also didn't press his son for more. As they fried the eggs together, they talked about plans as if they would actually do anything but talk. They could move back into the city a few years from now, not have to hide. It sounded nice at least, but Neal was glad to escape and go for a walk to the lake instead.