kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-15-2007, 09:33 PM

I don't know if anyone else is a big pirate fan as I am, but I really want there to be at least one good pirate RP form out there.

So I'm recruiting members in this form.

No need to fill out anything. You can make up a character on the spot and include things you think I need to know.

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-16-2007, 11:38 PM

Added feature to this roleplay will be I will give out gold to my crew members after we find treasure. Now it won't be alot but if I post as often and as much as I would like to when we are Roleplaying I will try to give out maybe 20-100g to each member. I will distribute the gold by rank.

So of course first mate would get more then saw the cabin boy <3

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 AM

Another possibility is I may give out one or both of the months contribution items to a couple crew members. This won't happen very often and it will happen only after a long treasure hunt of course <3

Current Characters

Kaptain Kooky- Yes that is the name you will be addressing me as. No one except her children know her real name.

Race: Immortal Being
Hair Color: Before she sold her soul Black as coal. Now it is many different shades like the ocean sea. Blues/Greens/Teal/White Foam
Eye Color: Light Baby Blue
Height: Average Height (5’6”)
Body Type: Fit and Trim and Well Toned
Special Abilities: Kooky is still learning of her new special talents. So far she has learned that she can sometimes control the weather, although it is only when her emotional state has her seriously distressed or angry. The best she has done is created a wild storm when she heard Korbin was in the near area.
Kooky is, however, getting better at controlling her water hair. In the beginning it would often flow everywhere and randomly splash people.
Overall Appearance: Kooky has a very pale complexion. No matter how many hours she spends on the ships deck in the sun she has never been able to tan. Her water hair is the first thing anyone notices about her and it is because of this she no longer spends long periods of time on land anymore. No matter how angry or depressed Kooky still has a very soft and gentle looking face.
Clothing: Kooky wears a tattered beaten down white dress; rumor has it that it was her wedding dress. Over this she wears a very tight fitting black corset. On her legs she wears grey and white stockings and her favorite pair of boots that she has owned for more then several years.
On her left arm she wears fifteen to twenty silver bangles that vary in size and style. She also wears her once wedding ring on her middle finger. The ring is a silver band with a skull. The skull has two glowing rubies for eyes that will often glow the brightest at nighttime.
On her right arm she wears a piece of black clothe, appears to be leather, wrapped tightly around the palm of her hand. On her wrist she has the letter “P” burned into her skin. No one knows when, where, or who marked her with the letter, but it is rumored that it was Kooky herself who left the mark.
Around her neck she wears a black leather collar with a silver symbol of the cross. She has owned this and worn it since the day she acquired it. People have now made rumors that she is constantly wearing it because it keeps her head attached to her body.
The Hair: Now this is the one thing about Kooky that catches people’s eyes immediately. It starts as hair from the top of her head and starts to turn into water towards the tips. It also varies in colors. Often it is blue and teal and shades of bluish green. At the end of her water hair it is White Sea foam. If you could picture crashing waves on a beach, that’s what her hair looks like at the bottom.
Characteristics: Once filled with happiness and joy Kookys’ life is now filled with almost nothing, but pain, anger, depression, despair, and bitter hatred. She does, however, have two things that bring a smile to her face. Her two children she was blessed with during her time with Korbin. Whenever she is alone with one or both of them she sometimes smiles. Even though she hates her new life she believes it all to be worth it. For if it wasn’t for Davy Jones giving her, her now immortal life she would have never seen or been with her children again. So besides the occasional moments with her children Kooky is never happy.

ladyshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 PM

I like the idea. Pirate roleplays are awsome. Are you still looking for roleplayers?

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 04:15 AM

Why yes I am, you can either join her or try to join the crew at The Pyrate King

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a
Send a message via AIM to CrinkledStraw

Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 AM

Hmmm, I'm interested in this and might just join.
I do love pirates...

8)

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 04:44 AM

Nothing better then pirates. If you are truly interested you may either attempt to join in this thread or begin RPing immediatley in the thread "The Pyrate King"

That'll be where I am mainly trying to find a crew

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a

Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 AM

I think I'll try to jump right in.

It might take me a bit to come up with a decent (or not so decent, since he'll be a pirate. Haha) character, but I'm in!

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 AM

Good to hear, hope you have fun and I hope I can go according to plan of being able to give out gold when we find treasure <3

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a

Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 AM

I'm sure I'll have fun.
Haha.

And I could try and help with the gold situation.
I don't usually have this much gold, but I just bought everything I needed for this avatar so I shouldn't be buying much any time soon.
:3

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2007, 01:43 PM

Oooh - I'd be interested in getting a character to run the bar! I even have a character from previous RPs I could use! xD

Either way, I'll join in! :)

This is a mule - my main of Tagia if you want to check that I do post a lot on Mene everyday. <3

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 04:40 PM

Thank you for your interest, but I have someone to run the bar already, you may be a wench though or even try and join my crew. If you do not wish to do neither then thanks for posting anyway <3

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2007, 04:48 PM

xD Ahh, that's okay! ^^ I was only going by what was posted in the other thread about needing one.

I'll join in with a character anyway. :) I'll post a little later on.

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 05:03 PM

Alright, thanks for understanding and can't wait to see your post <3

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 05:15 PM

So far I believe we have two crew members joining, I'd like to roleplay with at least a total of five or six people, myself included. If anyone of you have a friend who is interested in a life of piracy then by all means tell them about my RP thread.

When we finally do sail we'll leave the tavern and go over to the actual "Pirates of Menewsha" thread and start boarding there. If any of you is interested in playing another character I will allow this, but you must use another color font for the other character and I believe two characters is my maximun I will allow. This is so no one gets confused.

I will be adding a couple more rules, one of course is going to be that there will be no quoting posts what so ever. If you forget what someone said go back and read it then reply. Quoting tends to make threads look very messy and are quite uneccessary unless you need to bring up a point to me about someone.

I will of course allow some romance in the crew, but if you read my characters description do not attempt anywith her or else it'll be davy jones locker for you. Kooky has no soul and no real care for any other human except for her own children, unless someone wants to RP them then they will not be sailing with Kooky. I would prefer that actually since they are my characters and I think it would be best to keep them out of the thread for now.

I will try and arrange it so we can kidnap people to. Like say we go to the tavern and decide someone is getting on our nerves. Also when we treasure hunt it'll take at least a whole day or roleplaying or longer (depending on what I decide the treasure is to be) If its for gold it won't take that long, but if I decide items will be involved then it'll be alot longer so I can save the gold to buy them or save real money to get them from contributing.

If anyone has any other ideas about this RP thread then I would be more then happy to listen to them. I want everyone to have as much fun as possible with this and I'm open to suggestions.

One thing I hope to have in the future is if there is another pirate thread then that we could invade them, but thats just one of my hopes :3

Phew anyone who reads all that I love ya! XD

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Thanks for posting Laveris, we'll definetly be getting things going tonight. I have to babysit, but the little girl just likes to watch movies and such so she's not really much work.

I don't really need character descriptions like I have for mine. You can make one, but its not neccessary. I just figured since I'm the Captain you might want to know more about her and what she is like before you do anything stupid XD

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 06:03 PM

As people can see I am also trying to start a Harry Potter RP thread. If anyone here is interested in that one as well then you may feel free to join it. I know I am fully capable at keeping up with both. I'm a natural multi-tasker and all this RPing is making me so obsessed with Menewsha.

I think this place is alot better for roleplay then gaia because there are just so many threads and so many people who just join and quit. I just wish there was a better way at bookmarking the threads like how they have on gaia.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2007, 07:19 PM

Hi all,

I'm RPing the bar owner and I hope she isn't over the top. I figured that since it is a pirate bar there should be all kinds of things savory and unsavory going on there.

I'm thinking of creating a mule and joining the crew. It'll be easier for me to keep in character that way.

Hmm... Harry Potter... I might just check that out.

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 07:21 PM

I have quite a few interests. And honestly I think Pearl is PERFECT!

If Kooky was to ever smile for sure Pearl would be the reason lol

By all means make a mule to have for a seperate character :3 I know people who RP with one account and just use different fonts, but that can sometimes be hard for some people. I'd always forget to post in a certain color ^^;;

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurupamae
Hi all,

I'm RPing the bar owner and I hope she isn't over the top. I figured that since it is a pirate bar there should be all kinds of things savory and unsavory going on there.

I'm thinking of creating a mule and joining the crew. It'll be easier for me to keep in character that way.

Hmm... Harry Potter... I might just check that out.
Oh no, no worries, I think if the bar is a bit...seedier it will be more realistic. :)

Thanks Kaptain - I think it's kind of interesting not to know a lot about the characters we are interacting with because it lets people be a bit more creative with revealing things about their characters and such!

Oh and I did read that long passage. xD I think this sounds like a LOT of fun and I hope we can get it going okay!

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 07:52 PM

Pearl is a great bar owner. Gotta love a woman who knows how to run things <3

Why thank you Laveris <3 I find it much more fun to have characters develop along the way. Considering they are pirates of course to. Some men might join and be real strong or weak and then bam they could be super macho or come back to land a pansy.

I'm really trying to work on the whole treasure thing. I know people would like the idea of actually earning gold when they RP. I know they get gold for posts, but c'mon we're pirates and we're after the booty!!

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a

Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Hahaha, I thnk Pearl is perfect too!
Nicely done, Jurupamae.
:3

The idea of invading another pirate thread if/when there is another on Menewsha is exciting. I hope it happens!

I might make a mule (I've been meaning to anyway) to play another character as well. I'm thinking a scrawnier one that would really have to prove himself/herself.

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM

Wouldn't bother me at all. It may or may not happen, but I hope when more people join and they are pirate fans that they'll make their own thread and we could invade them. Who knows we could even find another thread that doesn't have to do with piracy but is just a village and we could invade them for a bit lol

I honestly have just loved the idea of invading other people threads XD

William is a great character by the way. Typical young man. Interested in women, but loves the sea. Just so everyone knows

I work Tues, Wed, Fri, and Sat. every week from 2:30-7pm on the weekdays and 10-7pm on sat, but this sunday I will also be working from 10-7pm since one of my co-workers birthday is next week and she wants to run off with he husband somewhere :3

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-18-2007, 09:13 PM

xD That would be incredable fun, I have to agree.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 PM

I would LOVE to invade some of the bars/other RPs, LOL! That would be great... and so unexpected too. :lol:

I work during the day but I work with an online application so I'm online all the time.