Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Pirates of Menewsha: Pheonix RP

Welcome to the PoM: Pheonix thread. This will be a pirating RP based on Kaptain Kooky's Pirates of Menewsha. These two RPs are in different storylines, however there will be interaction between the two threads on occassion, whether from invading each other or saying hi to fellow looters.

Joining
Like Kaptain Kooky's thread, you can only join the PoM: Pheonix when the ship is at port, otherwise you will have to ask me about joining and we can work something out.

You are also free to go to The Pyrate King, which is a tavern for the gathering of pirates. I'd actually recommend trying an RP there if you are waiting to be accepted as a crew member, both to get your feet wet and to get an impression of your character.

Unlike Kaptain Kooky's thread, you have to pass a test with us ;3 Part of it is about pirates in general (you are allowed to look up the answers! It's really just to get everyone to know general terminology). The other part will have an RP prompt using your character. This is just so we can get to know your character and if they will fit in with the crew and plot.

This is to be a literate RP, so please check your grammar and whatnot before sending in your answers.

If you wish to take the test to join the crew, post here asking so and I shall pm you the test. I must ask that you do not share the test with others, as this test is meant to help the individual as well as to help us with the characters.

Story
The overall goal/purpose of the story is premade, however the paths to getting there are not, and so we are open to any suggestions anyone wants to do, for those of you who like trying new things.

It has been said before that somewhere in this vast world exists a fountain of water. This fountain is as old as the ages, and just as complicated to find. It would seem that none have found it, or rather, none that have found it will tell of it. This fountain breaths of the most wonderous water one might wish to sail in, for this is the fountain of youth. Many tales and rumors circulate about this glorious fountain, and many can't help but to question its existance.

We know it exists.

So we hunt for this fountain, pirating and plunging along the way. Care to join us at sea in our journies?

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 PM

Loot
If you're accepted into the Pheonix crew, then your character must bear our signature, a tattoo of the pheonix (as seen in the banner).

The tattoo also would be preferred to be anywhere above the waist. Why? Because I'm actually planning on drawing everyone's characters in a small, waist-up portrait.

Unfortunately I can't offer gold booty like Kaptain Kooky, but I can offer a bit of my art as a reward for the hard work that goes into RPing.

If you're interested in just the art alone, then please visit my art shop. We're really looking for RPers here, not random come-in-and-get-the-art-and-leave people ;_; You have to RP for the art first, anyways.

Crew
The members of the crew will be limited to about three others for now. We can always expand later, and it's best to get things established and begin development. There will be myself, Nyree, and three crew members - five in total. Please note that Nyree will be acting as captain in the RP.

Nyree
Nightingale
The Silent Doll
Noir Kalenthiel
FlinkPamingo

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM

Guest Program

This program is on a trial run to see whether it will be permanent or not.

The Guest Program will allow one person, once a month, to be recommended by one of the current crew members to join the RP for a temporary amount of time.

It's recommended that the guest be one that is newer to RPing so that they may gain more experience and practice, however the guest can be whoever the crew chooses.

If the guest is indeed new to RPing, they may choose to have their posts critiqued. If they choose to do so, I will post the critiqued posts in this thread.

To join the Guest Program, a person must first be chosen by a crew member. They will then have to fill out a character sheet to be read by the captain and me to make sure it fits in. They will also need to go over how they will enter the RP with me. I really don't want all of the guests to enter by being drifters and leaving by being dropped off someplace.

If you're a person that wishes to join the RP, but don't know anyone here to recommend you, try hanging out and posting some here. Perhaps someone will choose you for a month ^^

Current Guest: Tsubasa Rose

The Silent Doll
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 AM

Hm... this sounds pretty interesting, I've got to say. I have to take a test, do I?

Well, I could give it a shot; don't know how well I'll do...
I've always loved pirates so this sounds pretty neat.

I'll have to come up with a good character, nonetheless I'd like to take it. I hope I'll do fairly well, this roleplay sounds pretty awesome. The art idea's awesome, too; you're very talented!

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 01:22 AM

The Silent Doll: Alright, I've sent you the test ^^ Remember you can use the net to look up the terms, and make sure to have a nice developed character ^^ Just mail me the test when you're done.

The Silent Doll
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-08-2007, 01:42 AM

Alright, then; thank you dearly, Nightingale! I'll draw something up of her tonight and sort of go from there...

Also, thank you for giving us time to do this. Can't tell you how much of a life saver that is...

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 01:55 AM

You're welcome~ I look forward to reading your entry ^^

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 AM

Kooky approves this thread <3

You are also free to use The Pyrate King as a hang out as well. Pearl enjoys the company and always keeps up stock on her booze and delicious eats :3

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 04:00 AM

Hee, thank you ^^ I updated with a link to the bar :3

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 AM

I love pirates, well unless I meet one while on a ship XD
I would like to join XD May I take the test? I've got my pirate character all planned out already, but never had a chance to RP her.

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-08-2007, 01:29 PM

*raises hand* I would like to give it a go,
(seriously though....I want your art it's good)
but what sort of test is this that the others are talking about?

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Alright, I've sent the test to Starshine and Hatch ^^ Just send it back when you're done and I'll put you guys on the application list ^^

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2007, 05:50 PM

May I request the test? I have a character on Kooky's ship too, but it might be fun to be on both. xD If I pass the test anyway. ^^

And now I've had my last exam I'll be able to be a lot more active too. :)

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Ee, not sure e.e; I'll go ahead and give you the test, but I'm not sure since I want to give different people a chance to be involved in the whole pirate RP. We may temporarily switch crew members for fun, though, so you'd get a chance to RP in both anyways X3

Laveris
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM

^^ That's okay, I understand! I'll fill out the test anyway - if you get too many people than you want I'll be happy to make way so someone else can join in, but if you need another person then I'll be happy to join in to! <3

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Noir Kalenthiel Send a message via Yahoo to Noir Kalenthiel

Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 AM

I'd like to apply with the character I posted in your art thread.....

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-09-2007, 02:18 PM

*whee* ^^ Sent the test. Just keeping things official *nodda*

What does everyone think about closing the application period on Friday or so?

Hatch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-09-2007, 03:01 PM

I think it's a fairly good idea ^^ that way you have the weekend to evaluate said applications.

The Silent Doll
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM

I think that sounds great; not too far away for the people who've already applied, but not too close for the ones who havn't.

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 AM

Friday sounds good ^__^

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 05-10-2007, 05:39 AM

Keeps an eye on the competition >.> ..............<.<...........O.o

Noir Kalenthiel
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Noir Kalenthiel Send a message via Yahoo to Noir Kalenthiel

Old 05-10-2007, 05:46 AM

*pokes Kooky with her cutlass*

kaptain kooky
*^_^*

Old 05-10-2007, 05:59 AM

*pokes back with her peg leg* Haharrr

Nightingale
*^_^*

Old 05-10-2007, 06:38 AM

Alright, Friday it is then. How about at 11:59pm PST? Gives panic-time to any procrastinators :3

Kooky: Aww, I wouldn't call us competition >.> More like.. best buddy-rivals. : D?

I can't wait 'till we get going ^^ Sometimes allies, sometimes enemies, who knows~

CrinkledStraw
\ (•◡•) /
n/a
Send a message via AIM to CrinkledStraw

Old 05-10-2007, 07:09 AM

I can't wait until you guys get going (I play a character in Kooky's thread).

Can the seas of Menewsha handle two mad pirate crews?

Yo-ho, yo-ho!
*Skips away.*

;D