Kiley Zelda Trinity
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 AM

Prologue

An icy wind howls through the night, bringing with it dark, ominous clouds that shroud the Forest of Ildar in darkness. Barely visible, a figure on horseback rides through the night, his mission unknown to all but him.

A blood curdling shriek echoes through the wood, breaking the still silence that nightfall had brought. The rider's mount rears at the sound, throwing him from the saddle. He quickly rolls to his feet, unsheathing his sword, and watches his steed vanish into the night.

He curses underneath his breath, as he searches the surrounding trees, searching for the sound of the horrible shriek.

"Looking for me?"

The rider whirls around in time to see a woman with flowing black hair and glowing yellow cat eyes step out of the shadows.

"Who are you?" He demands, leveling his sword in front of him.

She laughs lightly, ignoring his question, and steps towards him. The leaves around her wither on the ground.

"You know...boys really shouldn't play with grown up things. You could get hurt."

She reaches out a hand, touching a finger to the tip of his blade. The steel blade quickly turns to rust. The rider hastily drops the sword, staring at the woman in horror.

"What are you?" He gasps, stumbling backwards.

This time, the woman doesn't laugh. She just steps closer, a smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

"What...?" He has no time to finish.

She kisses him on the lips, one hand gripping the front of this tunic. The rider's skin turns pale and his eyes widen. His breathing becomes strained.

"Yes...mmh…so tasty." The woman murmurs, releasing him. He crumples to the ground, his eyes rolling into the back of his head and his body having minor convulsions.

She looks down at him, still with a hint of a smile.

"Don't worry...it will all be over soon."

She kneels down beside him, grabbing his tunic once more and lifting him towards her. Her lips are mere inches from his when an fiery arrow wises by her head. She shrieks, releasing the rider, and steps back.

Four other men ride into the clearing then, each brandishing a bright torch. The men jump down from their horses and rush her, waving their torches.

"Back, demon! Back to the pits of hell where you belong!" One man yells.

She shrieks again, turning abruptly and disappearing into the blackness of the forest.

"Hey, Dante! He's still alive!" The youngest of the men declare, kneeling beside the rider.

The man named Dante nods in relief. "Let's get him back to the village.“

Chapter One

Seventeen year old Raiden Deveaux stands on the shore of a deserted beach not far from her home. She stares at into the vast body of clear sparkling ocean water and sighs. When she was only a child, her father had sailed across this ocean, promising to return. He'd made that promise ten years ago and still, he had not returned. In his absence, her mother had perished from a strange and unknown illness, leaving her alone.

"Raiden!" A voice cries out, pulling the girl from her thoughts. She turns slowly, the mild wind whipping through the blonde curls, and sees her best friend Mira running towards her.

"Raiden...you're not going to believe this...." Mira pants, obviously out of breath.

Raiden giggles softly. "I think you need to take a moment to catch your breathe."

"There's a man...at the healers hut...he comes from the north." Mira continues, obviously not heading Raiden's words.

Raiden's shook her head in disbelief. "Impossible. That means he would have had to come through the Forest of Ildar."

Mira nods furiously. "And that's not all. He was attacked...by a Genjii."

Raiden's eyes widen and her jaw literally drops. "Now that I don't believe. No one has ever survived an attack by a Genjii."

"know. He's the first person in the history of Almarath to EVER survive an attack." Finally, Mira plops down onto the ground. "Whew.." She sighs, wiping her forehead.

"I'll see you later, Mira." Raiden says abruptly, walking past her friend.

"Where are you going?" She calls out, walking across the sand and up the steep bank.

Raiden ignores her and keeps walking. She couldn't believe it. How could someone have survived an attack from a Genjii? A Genjii was an incredibly powerful demon who usually took the appearance of a beautiful woman. The Genjii were said to suck the lives out of their victims and it was also a known fact that they lived in the Forest of Ildar, which laid to the north of the nation of Almarath. It cut the region off from all those to the north and since it was basically an island, that meant from the world.

"Raiden!!"

Raiden is snapped back into reality by a squealing voice. She looks up and see Kunaii, Mira's younger brother, rushing towards her. He leaps into her arms, grinning.

"Kunaii...shouldn't you be home helping your mother?" She scolds gently.

He pouts. "Mother sent me to look for you, Raiden."

Her eyebrows rise slightly. "Me? What for?"

"She needs your help...treating the boy who my Da rescued from the Genjii." He replies.

Raiden sighs deeply. She is used to this by now, being one of the few people in the world who possess the art of Healing. "Alright. I was actually on my way there."

Kunaii smiles. "Yeah!" He squeals loudly as Raiden lowers him to the ground. He takes her hand and practically pulls her towards the healing hut which lies near the middle of the village.

"Mommy! I've brought Raiden!" Kunaii yells as they enter the hut.

"Oh, thank goodness!" A woman with blond hair and tanned skin walks out of the back, smiling at Raiden. "Hello child. How have you been?"

She nods. "Fine, Madame Kira. Thank you." She shuffles nervously. "Kunaii says you need my help?"

Madame Kira's face grows serious. "I'm afraid so." She motions for Raiden to follow her. "As you've probably heard by now, a young man was brought here from the forest."

"Aye. And that he was attacked by a Genjii." Raiden replies, following Madam Kira into one of the backrooms.

She nods somberly. "I haven't much skill in treating such...injuries." She stops in front of a bed with a white curtain hanging around it. "That, my dear, is where you come in handy." She pulls back the curtain.

Raiden inhales sharply as her eyes fall on the dark-haired, fair-skinned outsider. His eyes are closed and his breathing is heavy, his skin a pale ashen color. A look of pain covers his face.

"I...I don't know if I can help him." Raiden falters, averting her eyes. "But I'll try."

Madame Kira smiles knowingly. "That's all any of us can do, my dear."

She lets out a deep sigh and steps up beside the bed. She lies a hand on the boys head and the other on his chest, her eyes closing slowly. She focuses all her energy on healing.

Suddenly, Raiden feels a hot blast of energy through her hands into the stranger's body. Her legs go numb and she stumbles back against a nearby wall, leaning on it for support. Her eyes open and she watches as the stranger glows a deep azure color and then slowly fades. His breathing comes steadily and his skin is a healthy light tan.

"That was some skill." Madame Kira remarks, staring at Raiden with concern. "Are you alright."

She feigns a smile and nods. "I'll be...fine." She gulps. "It just takes a lot out of me."

"I can only imagine." She motions at the boy who appears to be sleeping peacefully. "Would you like to stay until he awakens?"

Raiden shakes her head softly. "No. I think..." Her voice falters as a wave of nausea passes over her, her legs going weak.

"Easy." Madame Kira says, catching her as she almost falls. "I think it best that you sit down."

"Yes...I believe I should." She says, allowing the older woman to lead her to an empty bed.

"Now, you rest up here. I'll go get you a nice hot cup of tea." Madame Kira says, turning and leaving the room.

Raiden feels tired all of a sudden, a numb feeling spreading from her legs up throughout her entire body. This was one of the side effects of using her ability. She always feels drained afterward. She lies down on the bed, her eyes sliding shut. She slowly slips unconscious, into a dreamless deep sleep.

KeiraRose
*^_^*

Old 08-10-2010, 04:05 AM

Hey Kiley Zelda Trinity, thank you for sharing your story! :3

I really enjoyed reading it. I though it was well put together and really drew me into your world. I found myself caring for the poor young man who was attacked and wondering what his mission is. I think you have a great beginning here! Keep on writing! :]]]

Kiley Zelda Trinity
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Gee, thanks a lot! This is something I started like almost a year ago. And I can't seem to finish it.