Blahtastic
Writer

Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM

Please refrain from posting. This is my permanent personal testing thread until/unless I say otherwise.

Last edited by Blahtastic; 12-26-2013 at 02:56 PM..

Blahtastic
Writer

Old 12-26-2013, 02:56 PM

Cecilia Ashworth, tray in mittened hand, skipped around Menewsha with a bright grin. Miss Vicky Valentine had taught her to make the loveliest heart-shaped sugar cookies that very afternoon, and she'd sent Cessy to sell them for her.
"You'll get half the money, dear," Vicky'd told her. "I just love how lovingly Menewshans celebrate the Festival of Winter--"Ring! Vicky spun around. "Oops, there goes the oven. Get along, Cessy, chop-chop."
"Yay! Free cookies!" Cessy stuffed a few into her pockets before stopping, having met Vicky's glassy stare. "I'll go now... Miss," Cessy mumbled.
If she was really super duper honest, she didn't really like Miss Vicktoria. Sometimes she was a teensy bit totally and utterly self-absorbed. But she was pretty - nnd nice, sometimes, and still better than her cousin, Miss Tesel Valentine. That lady was scary.

Blahtastic
Writer

Old 12-27-2013, 07:19 AM

Jeryck Ashworth was glued to his seat as usual, fingering through sheafs of paper depicting the ancient maps and artifacts he so often studied. His desk was quite disorganized at the moment - he had no idea where he'd kept the excerpts from that compilation of fairy tales, or his page of theories on the disappearance of-- "Yum! Grandpa, oh Grandpa, you really ought to try this..."
"Cessy, dear, settle down already."
Cecilia Ashworth, his little granddaughter, was dancing amid a showering of cookies. "But Grandpa," Cessy wailed, "It's the first day of the festival! It's a day for joy..." She licked some crumbs from her fingers. "...Plus, Miss Vicktoria Valentine taught me how to make the best sugar cookies ever!" She took a tray of cookies from the stack she'd brought home, and held it out. "Taste one, Grandpa," she pleaded.
Jeryck sighed. He reached for a piece. "As usual, Miss Vicky was talking a lot about love and things," Cessy continued. "But I didn't really understand any of it." She took a cookie and stuffed it into her mouth. "Mmm. I mean, I really don't get why she wrote LOVE all over these cookies." - chew, chew, gulp - "The frosting is yummy though."
Jeryck stayed quiet. He hadn't had lunch and dinner was a cup of tea - and this cookie reminded him well. He glanced back at his desk. Rearranging could wait - it was time for supper.
"And to be honest with you, I don't really like Miss Vicky that much, but she's better than that Tesel lady. She's really scary. Anyway, I stayed at Miss Vicky's house all afternoon so I didn't get to eat." Cessy went on, "So can we go out for supper? Pretty please - with a cherry on top?"
Jeryck's face softened. "All right! Slip into your winter clothes and we'll be off."

Last edited by Blahtastic; 12-27-2013 at 07:57 AM..