View Poll Results: Is this support group actually a good idea?
Yes! I will join! 12 42.86%
No, it won't work. 0 0%
Yes, and I will be on the sidelines to cheer, etc. 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Zydrate Hydrate
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2009, 11:18 PM

God I need one of these. A support group, it's not that I can't write to my full potential, oh I can, I am just the worlds biggest procrastinator. Well maybe that's a stretch, but I am really bad, I mean I'll say I will do something but if someone isn't there to poke and prod me and such I won't do it. Perhaps if I joined this I could get that poking and prodding that I need. Well anyway, I am Tina, or Zydrate which ever you'd like to call me. I am 18 and I am in the business of Horror/suspense writing, and that like. I do have a story up here it's called "Rose's Tea Party." But yeah...so perhaps I can find what I am looking for here. I am not very good at these introduction things, but yeah...-nods-

-Zydrate

Bookbreath
Josette Shakespeare
Send a message via MSN to Bookbreath Send a message via Yahoo to Bookbreath

Old 10-24-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydrate Hydrate View Post
God I need one of these. A support group, it's not that I can't write to my full potential, oh I can, I am just the worlds biggest procrastinator. Well maybe that's a stretch, but I am really bad, I mean I'll say I will do something but if someone isn't there to poke and prod me and such I won't do it. Perhaps if I joined this I could get that poking and prodding that I need. Well anyway, I am Tina, or Zydrate which ever you'd like to call me. I am 18 and I am in the business of Horror/suspense writing, and that like. I do have a story up here it's called "Rose's Tea Party." But yeah...so perhaps I can find what I am looking for here. I am not very good at these introduction things, but yeah...-nods-

-Zydrate
Im bookbreath, or Morgan. If you need need a push, Ill be here to push you. If you would like to push me back, I would like that.

Zydrate Hydrate
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-24-2009, 09:31 PM

I think I can push back I am good at pushing.-smiles-

Bookbreath
Josette Shakespeare

Old 10-30-2009, 03:05 PM

New update... I took a great step in learning how to write better. I got this book called From Inspiration To Publication. Its written from the veiw of the authors like they are talking right to you. Its a great help.

All guess what?!?!?!?! I have finally started writing again. Its just a memwar of my seventeenth year, but so far I think I have it written very well. Once I get the internet back up and running at my house, I will surely post what I have so far. How is everyone else doing so far?

Last edited by Bookbreath; 11-19-2009 at 07:34 PM..

mwahhaha
Jesus is super rad

Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 PM

Hi there! I'd like to join this Writer's Support Group!
@Bookbreath: I'm glad to hear you're writing again. ^^

Bookbreath
Josette Shakespeare

Old 01-17-2010, 01:43 AM

Welcome mwahhaha

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 PM

Okay, guys, check in! *Mai coughs and raps table important-like* Have you been writing? Thinking about writing? How is it going? Is it going at all? Thought about plot, theme, setting, characters, special items, etc?

I am going to be updating the first post with a few things. Just... not now, because I have to leave now. But later for sure! *Mai nods* I'll give you guys a run-down though:
  • Daily\weekly writing prompts (to be voted on)
  • Link to a thread that links to writing resources
  • Just a nudge to post anything about your writing

Gotta go now, but I'll be back! Maybe with more stuff to post about, who knows. 8D Meanwhile, happy writing!

Bookbreath
Josette Shakespeare

Old 03-25-2010, 09:35 PM

Well hello again. I have been trying to write but when its in the final months of my high school career, it is very hard to find the time. I have done little bits and pieces here and there but nothing to get excited about. I just got a new lap top, and now a new phone so I have been working on figuring them out. Hope everyone else is doing better then me.

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Hey, guys, it's Mai! 8D I was thinking that since this support group is more an on-again-off-again thing, we should try and do something to make it a more regular support group than just a pop-in-whenever-we-remember-it-exists thing.

Soooooo... SUGGESTIONS. VOTES. WHATEVER. This is a support group for the PEOPLE. 8D I also think that maybe we could have "officers" (or whatever). People who would be in charge of keeping this support group running through various means... I don't know exactly what these means would be, however, so we'd have to vote on that or something.

Once we have a definite idea on what the support group's goal and aspirations are going to be, and how we KNOW we can keep this thing a helpful place that writers can keep coming back to (for help, just saying "I wrote something!" or "I can't write today!"), I was thinking of asking a mod to add a few posts to the front page so we can organize all our ideas and plans into posts for people to easily see and refer back to.

What do you all think?

EDIT: Okay, these are some ideas I've got from reading through the thread:

1. Create a group goal for number of words to write per day or week
2. Create a personal goal for number of words to write per day or week
3. Post blurbs of most recent writing and get feedback
4. Word Wars--definition here
5. Randomly assigned writing partners (bounce ideas back and forth, share blurbs, or just chat)
6. Build up writing resources in the Writing Resources thread
7. Have signatures linking back to the group to hopefully draw in more interested people.

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 05-04-2010 at 06:00 PM..

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM

I know I haven't been here in, uhm, months, but may I pop back in a throw my two cents in?

I really like the idea of a group goal of words per week, that way no one feels pressured to get something done every day in the event that, well, life gets in the way.
I also think asking a mod to add in some posts so you can edit and make it easily organized would be great!

So. Uhm. Yes. -slinks back off into vanishment-

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 PM

Seems like you're the only one who's interested, Nolori. It's been two months. D8

Nolori

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM

D= Man I hadn't even noticed the date since the thread was still near the top of the page. Geeze this place moves slow.

If you do get around to it, maybe all the planning could get done on this thread and then the actual group could just be reposted in a new thread for the sake of cleanliness and a fresh start?

If anyone else is still up for it, anyway. -shrug-

Ziv Xanthus
Gift from Heaven
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziv Xanthus

Old 06-18-2010, 06:27 PM

Woah, I'm back! Sorry I took a year off... gah, college =[

Nolori

Old 06-18-2010, 07:13 PM

Ziv! Heya! Man, it's been a while!

How's everything going? Still working on the script for your comic?

Nolori

Old 06-25-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinMaiden
1. Create a group goal for number of words to write per day or week
I did like the idea of the group word-count. Maybe25k a month? I am thinking with a group of people that shouldn’t be hard. (Even solo that’s only 834 words a day.) I think the biggest question would be how they submit it. Maybe to submit it they post it in the Literature Spot and link it to us in the Menewsha Nation thread? Like:
“Hey! Submitting my word count: [Link]. It’s ### words.”

And if they want critique they can post it in the main forum and if they don’t they can post it in a drabble thread? That way we aren’t responsible for clogging up the main forum.

Quote:
2. Create a personal goal for number of words to write per day or week
I don’t think we could really keep track of personal goals, unless we just made a list on the front page. And then if they wanted a weekly or monthly goal instead of a daily one it would be a separate list:
Daily:
Nolori – 500

Weekly:
Goblin Maid – 100000000

Monthly:
Mr. Mayor – 5

And if the lists got long and unwieldy we could just put them in Hide tags.

Quote:
3. Post blurbs of most recent writing and get feedback.
As far as posting blurbs, I’m worried they’d have to be really, really short. Otherwise they might just get lost in the conversation, no? Maybe a sentence or two that someone is stuck on? Otherwise I think we might be better off with people posting it in the Literature Spot and then giving us a link to it.

So maybe on the intro posts --
Members' Writings:
-Want Crits:
-No Crits:
-Drabble Threads:
-Red Robin Threads:
-Other stuff: (Maybe other contests and stuff?)

Quote:
4. Word Wars definition here
Probably not right away, but it might be fun to have something like a “Championship Word Wars”. We have a couple weeks/month of people signing up and then we do it like they do in sports.
Person A v. Person B and Person C v. Person D
And let’s say A and D win, and they face off in the next round? It might be a fun event and would promote people to join up. Hopefully.

Quote:
5. Randomly assigned writing partners (bounce ideas back and forth, share blurbs, or just chat)
I think this would be another fun event. Like a pot luck of people! Haha. I’m not really sure how we’d set it up, though. Maybe randomly assigned partners to write two sides of the same story? They could come up with the story, any story, but each person would have to write a different part? It would take cooperation to make a really good one, but wouldn’t be totally dependant on the other person in case somebody dropped off the face of Mene.

Quote:
6. Build up writing resources in the Writing Resources thread.
I think we can have a link to it on the intro posts, yeah?

Quote:
7. Have signatures linking back to the group to hopefully draw in more interested people.
We totally need some banners for this. Yeah.

On Members:
To be a member, maybe they just have to stick around for ten posts? Five posts? Something like that? I only have a limit here so people won’t/can’t throw a link at us for their story in the forum and then run off. Hopefully to encourage chatter amongst us!

And we can post it in Menewsha Nation instead of the Literature Spot so we have a higher chance of people seeing it? If we do that, we can also let conversation devolve/evolve as it does without worrying about meeting criteria for it to be in the Literature Spot.

Ziv Xanthus
Gift from Heaven
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziv Xanthus

Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolori View Post
Ziv! Heya! Man, it's been a while!

How's everything going? Still working on the script for your comic?
I started a different comic actually. Fading Heart - Home

that's where it would be at. I found someone to be the artist, so check it out, weekly updates >.<

Nolori

Old 07-25-2010, 09:26 PM

Yay! Also, I totally just asked for the link on your profile before checking this thread. Derp a derp. You can ignore that. xD

I will read the manga now! I'm really glad you started one!