d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:42 PM

“Let’s go, we need to get out of here.” I say calmly.
“To where?”
“My house, something has happened.”
“I will go, in exchange tell me what Athre is.”
“Fine” I am in no mood to argue or waste time. We speed walk to my apartment complex. Athre riding on Kaetana’s shoulder the entire way.
“What is Athre?” Kaetana repeats her question.
“A part of my blood.”
“I know that.”
“She is the memory of an innocent person I’ve killed; their mind curses my blood, adding a small part of their personality into my mind.”
“A lot of innocent people.”
“If I kill too many and drink their blood, I risk being taken over. Athre and many of my other blood creatures come out to ease my brain and blood from their curse.
“But you command them.”
“They are bound to me because they are my blood, which I can transform, yet I am bound to them, mentally, by the curse.”

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 PM

We arrive at my apartment door, nothing looks wrong, but the air is heavy. I open the door and walk into the family room. The bare walls tell me nothing was disturbed, yet I catch the scent of blood, this time coming from my bedroom. I run to the entrance; I drop to my knees in horror. My once neat bed has been slashed, making feathers fall everywhere. My once full China closet of blood vials is broken. The shattered glass from the doors and the vials is scattered everywhere, piercing the furniture, carpet, and walls. The blood collection that I had kept in the vials is flowing out of the display case and staining the once white carpet, red. The closet looks untouched, except the blood smears on the doors. Kaetana looks in fright over my shoulders, looking like she will throw up. I laugh, I somehow find this amusing. The vampire hunters have found me. I turn to look at the closet doors. There, painted in blood says, “We have found you; you can no longer hide from us.” A nice letter from my hunter.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:43 PM

Kaetana screams. I turn my head to look at the doorway. A shadowy figure stands in my entryway. I stare at him as he looks at Kaetana. She falls limp next to me. He is a hunter, the question is who. He closes the door behind him, allowing me to see him in the darkness. It is Michael. A vampire who is also a vampire hunter. He helps vampires sometimes and kills them other times.

“Hello Blood Rose.” He greets in an eerie voice, “or should I say …”
“Which are you?” I interrupt, not wanting him to reveal anything, “the hunter or the hunted.”
“That depends on your point of view.”
“You know my point of view.”

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:45 PM

“Then you know my answer.” It was true. I knew he came as a vampire hunter tonight. I was just wishing it wasn’t true. I feel my body fall limp from his power. I struggle against him mind control to make me unconscious. I am not weak, but he does know my weakness. I hold him away; I will not let him do as he pleases. My weakness is that I am unable to move while fighting with my mind. It is too late to call on my blood creatures to my defense; I can’t more from my limp position. Michael walks toward me, his mind still fighting mine. He touches me on the face, then like a teenager’s dream, he follows with his hand, every curve in my body, slowly all the way down. He is waiting for my concentration to break; I stay still, feeling like a helpless doll, unable to move, trying to break free. His face is so close to mine, and then he whispers, “You are mine.” My mind concentrates on what he said for a split second, causing my concentration to break. I fall instantly into a deep sleep. I was his one way or another. If I kept up the mental fight, he could carry me away physically. If I let go, I would fall asleep.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:51 PM

chapter 2
Vampire Hunter's Tactics

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:54 PM

chapter 2 picture, (insert picture here)

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 05:57 PM

I wake from my slumber. It felt like it has been days since I was conscious. I try to move to get up. I hear a small jingle. I feel cold metal around my wrists. I stare down and notice the armguards of metal connected by a six inch long chain. I sit up from lying on a bed. I notice the thick collar around my neck, once again connected to a chain. This chair is much longer, around ten feet. The other end is connected to a bar in the head of the bed. The bed is massive with satin black sheets. The floor is dyed dark red. The room has no windows, back walls and a sherry wood chair and wardrobe. A luxury room for a vampire. The question is which vampire.

I notice my black coat hanging on the coat rack by a wall. I look down, instead of my normal white suit and pants; I am wearing a black New England style dress. I look and feel like a doll. I get out of bed, noticing a white piece of paper lying on the chair. I walk over and read it. It reads:

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:01 PM

Good morning Black Rose,

If you are reading this, you must have noticed your new clothes. Your old clothes are inside the wardrobe, which you can’t reach. Now go back to the bed and look in the trunk at the foot of the bed. Then do as you’d like until I show up.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:02 PM

I pick up the letter and fold it into a paper crane. I walk over to the trunk. Like the rest of the furniture, the trunk is made out of cherry wood. Inside are my black boots. I take them out and put them on. The boots fit with the Lolita look too. I just want to get out of these girly clothes and wear my normal clothes. I like to look like a guy. I close the trunk and sit on it, staring at the door in front of me. The door is far enough away I won’t be able to reach it while on the chain. A rush of hunger sweeps over me as I think about what I should do. The battle and lack of dinner tells me that I will need blood soon. I hear a small click and return from my daydream about drinking. The door opens, letting in lots of light from the outside area. The light makes my hunger worse. Michael closes the door behind him. I am so hungry I want to bite him.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:03 PM

the door behind him. I am so hungry I want to bite him.
“How sad, I was looking forward to seeing your purple eyes,” Michael is toying with me, “but they are red today.”
“What do you expect; I haven’t eaten in two days.”
“Actually seven.”
“What? Do you stalk me? Seven days is unreasonable.”
“No, you have been sleeping for seven day.” No wonder I am hungry. Michael knows how hungry I am, for he is also a vampire. Michael walks around to the front of the bed. My eyes watch his every move. He unlocks the locks holding my chain to the bed. He wraps the long chain around his arm until there is only five feet from my neck to his hand. He walks back over to the door.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:04 PM

“We’re going.” Michael commands, pulling on the chain. I run up to him and stand next to him, trying desperately to control my hunger.
“And don’t bite anyone.” He adds, reading my emotions. I look up to him and nod. Michael smiles at my obedience.

He opens the door to the outside his bedroom and leads me out. The blaring light hits me making me feel lightheaded as my eyes try to adjust. Even after they adjust, all I see is light, but I hear much more, blood pumping through many people’s veins, talking and much more. I sense fear through the people we walk by. Michael leads me down endless staircases and hallways, all full of people. We finally arrive at a large door. I could only see it because the lights are dimmed in this hallway. Michael opens the door, causing the smell of blood to overwhelm my senses.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:05 PM

“Welcome to the blood pit.” Michael says. He pulls my chain, dragging me inside. The endless darkness amuses me.
“Thank you for bringing Blood Rose here.” A voice says. The voice comes from a tall, thin, blonde long haired teenager. He turns to face me.
“I am Shina, president of the vampire hunters.” He bows politely, “though I am more interested in you.”
“And why would you be interested in me?”
“Your life depends on your answer.” He holds out his hand to Michael, who gives him the chain. Michael leaves the room, leaving Shina and I alone. He leads me away from the entrance. I see something coming up, hunger overwhelming me. We walk closer and to my surprise I see a person caged in a large bird cage.
“Eat to your heart’s content.” Shina whispers to me opening the cage.
“Who is it?”
“She is an innocent person who stumbled upon this place.
“I won’t eat her.”
“Why?”
“She is innocent” every time I kill an innocent, they curse me, giving me unneeded emotions, like love or hate.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 PM

“Fine, she will die by your hands one way or another.” Shina walks into the cage, grabs her arm, and with a quick motion, bites her wrist and drinks for a second, glaring at me the entire time. Shina lets go and walks back over to me, blood covering his mouth. I smile at the blood, even if there wasn’t as much spilled as normal. Shina smiles back at me; his smile has an evil look, almost like an evil grin. He grabs my chain suddenly and pulls me toward him. The shock causes me not to be ready, I feel as a sweet liquid flows into my mouth, feeding my hunger. My bloodlust loves the taste. I pull back, wishing I knew he would do that. He kissed me! I step back wiping the blood from my lips, staring at him in shock.

“She is your dinner.” He says satisfied. I try to ignore my bloodlust, and hunger, but instinct takes over. I quickly stride over to the dying girl. I let the bloodlust take over, biting her in the neck. My hunger goes away, causing the girl’s memory to flow into mine. Her memory slides past my mind, as I realize where I am, in enemy territory.
I quickly finish my diner, killing her. I turn back and glare at Shina. I hear a distant creak, and watch as Michael comes into view from the darkness.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 PM

“You had to feed her?” Michael asks.
“Yeah, it is enjoyable when they squirm.” Shina smiles, “you have good taste in clothes Michael, I may just have to lock her away into a display case.”
Michael laughs, “I had fun choosing it for her.”

I look at the chain around my neck, the end lies on the floor. Shina and Michael aren’t looking. I quickly grab the other end and run toward the entrance. The chains ring, causing Shina and Michael to notice my move, but it is too late. I run through the darkness, letting the sound of people’s voices in a hallway guide me. I find the door and run through to the blinding light. I hear a person walking by. I hope my plan works. She turns the corner.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:07 PM

“Hi!” I greet, she jumps away from shock, and she turns and looks at me.
“Don’t scare people like that; they’ll think you’re a vampire.” She returns, her voice tells me she is a young trainee.
“Sorry, I’m lost. Can you tell me where Michael’s room is?” I try to sound innocent.
“Oh, sure.” She gleefully replies. She starts walking so I follow.
“You gave me a fright back there.”
“Sorry, I’m new.” I lie.
“How long have you been here; for me only a few years.”
“A couple days”
“Wow, and to think you are seeing Michael so early, I’m jealous.”
“Why?”
“He’s so handsome and mysterious; I fell in love with him at first sight.”
“How did you meet him?” I inquire.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:08 PM

“Well, on my first mission…” and there she went, telling the whole story while we walk around the building. She had been in a crunch when she was supposed to go kill a vampire. Instead, the vampires had killed her team members. Then they went after her. Michael jumped down at the last moment and slaughtered the vampires. He was her knight in shining armor. How ironic, he is the farthest from a knight. She continues her story as we stop in front of a door.

“…and that is how I met Michael.” She finishes, “so why do you have to go to his room?”

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:12 PM

“I need to pick up something.” I lie.
“Oh well, I have to go. I’ll say hi to you during lunch.” She turns to leave.
“Wait, come inside,” I drag her inside Michael’s room, quickly closing the door.
“Its pitch black, let’s turn on some lights.” She is frightened.
“What is your name?” I whisper.
“Kara Midori, why do you ask?” her voice is shaky.
“Cause I would like to know who I am having for dinner.” I grab her, allowing her to see me my face clearly.
“My name is Blood Rose,” I smile, showing my fangs. She screams.
“Goodbye, Kara Midori,” I bite her neck, drawing blood. Right as her memories came to me, I pull out, turning her from the light to the darkness. Her blood tastes so lively and sweet, unlike my normal food. She will be unconscious for ten minutes before she dies.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:17 PM

she dies.
I run over to the wardrobe and pull out my white suit. How ironic, I’m female, but I hate wearing dresses, instead I like my suit and coat. I quickly change, leaving the dress in the wardrobe. I grab my coat and turn to leave. I stare back at Kara. I just destroyed her life. She would have died for letting me go; at least now her fate is in Michael’s hands. I open the door and run. On the way going to Michael’s room, Kara had shown me the door. Two left turns then one right. I arrive at the entryway. The door is wood, and carved into it is a story. On the left is a vampire, on the right, a vampire hunter. The two doors look like the two figures are constantly fighting. I grab the left door and open it, walking out to the open. I am on the outskirts of my town, Sangren. I walk into town, watching as the crescent moon rises.

I walk down the street, I am glad to be home. I turn through the street unconsciously. I stop at an alley. Memories from seven nights ago flash through my head. I have unfinished business from that night, though I don’t think I will do it for tonight, for I am not in a good mood, nor am I hungry. So what to do? M mind drifts to my fledgling days; I was less than a century old. I go down memory lane but break out of it when hear a crows caw.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:18 PM

I look to the end of the alleyway; I think I see someone standing there, but there isn’t. I wonder what happened to that fledgling, Kaetana. I can’t go back to my apartment. I walk over to the café I ate at with Kaetana. Ishmani better be there, I need someplace to crash. I walk to the door and reach out to grab the handle. The door opens and two people walk out. I move out of the way as they walk past me. I hear my chains, reminding me I should break them off. The noise makes the two people look back at me. I watch as they stare; their eyes growing large from fear. They turn and run. I wonder what that was about; I turn and walk into the café.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:19 PM

“Itarashai!” the greeter speaks.
“Who is it Yuki?” I hear Ishmani ask from the backroom.
“I’ll be over there in a bit.” Yuki, the greeter responds. He turns to me, “right this way, Ishmani wants to talk to you.”

“Ok.” I pull out my knife and slit my palm, allowing my blood phoenix, Kitori, to appear on my shoulder. Kitori touches the chain around my neck with his beak, and again with the chain connecting my arm guards. Yuki and I watch as the chains met away from Kitori’s touch. Kitori perches on my shoulder as I follow Yuki to the back room. Yuki stops in front of the door to the back room.
“She is in here.”
“Thank you.” I walk inside. The back room is based off a traditional Japanese room, a bamboo mat on the floor with two cushions on either side. Ishmani is sitting against the back wall.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 PM

“Run Blood Rose! Ishmani yells, “It’s a trap!”
“I know.” I walk into the middle of the room, sit and close my eyes. The air is frozen. Other than Ishmani’s heavy breathing, I hear nothing. I sit and wait, wondering when the trap will spring.
“Hello Blood Rose, long time no see.” I turn to the voice, just to see Shina. I let down my guard; Shina is manipulative, but not physical.
“Why are you here, Shina?” I ask.
“To get you back, with force if need be.”
“You’re weaker than me, force won’t work.”
“Only physically.” He stands, letting his long hair flow down his back, “Funny, Michael mentioned you had longer hair.” Shina starts pacing, “yet when I meet you,” he walks toward me, reaches out and touches my hair, “it is disgustingly short.” I pull back, remembering the last time Shina was close to me.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 PM

“If you don’t have something to say, I will go now.” I walk past him to the door.
“Either you come with us, or bloodshed is inevitable.” Shina warns.
“Us?”
“You know the other.”
“Michael is here?”
“Looking for me?” I hear Michael’s voice at the door, he enters the room. “How else would Shina know about this café?”

Michael makes a good point. I watch as Shina nods to Michael. Shina walks back to the wall and sits down. He pulls his long hair forward, and then he takes out a long ribbon. I stare at him as he starts wrapping his hair. All of a sudden I am staring at the ceiling with Michael staring at me. Michael’s aura is fighting Kitori. My windpipe and back of my neck hurts now. Michael had come up behind me, hit my neck and swept me at the same time, knocking me to the floor.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 PM

“Let’s fight, fist to fist, just like the good old days.” Michael says. We use to fight each other to become stronger, but no longer.
“As you wish,” I spring up onto my feet. I command Kitori to disappear, as Michael lets his aura return to normal.
“Your move,” I say, provoking him. Michael was, and hopefully still is, weaker than me. He does a punch, but I quickly block and attack with a kick to the ribs. The fight between us quickly goes full scale, dodges and strikes are fast. Neither of us will let our guard down.

We both kick and pull away from each other, giving a pause to the battle. My trench coat is slowing down my movements enough I can’t attack at full speed. The same goes for my boots. I start to take them off, but I am quickly interrupted by Michael’s attack. We start our series of attacks no longer caring to block, injuring each other in exchange. I try one more time for his head, kicking high. Michael ducks under and pushes me at the same time, causing me to fall. I land watching as he falls on top of me, making an awkward picture. I try to move, but am unable to get out from underneath him.

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 PM

“Do you know how long I have wanted to do this to you?” Michael moves slightly, straddling my body, but still sitting on my stomach. I respond by trying to break free, but to no avail. I feel his mind control reach for me. I let it in, knowing better than to become a doll again. Michael flashes images of his imagination, causing me to cringe from an immature boy’s vivid mind.
“What happened to the girl?” I try to change to subject.
“Oh, you mean the prey you left in my room?” Michael’s love images disappear as he pulls out of my head, “I killed her.”
“That is unlike half of you,” his vampire side would have let her feed, turning her.
“That side is long gone.”
“Yeah, right!” The hunter had never won completely over the vampire.
“Your mouth is like snakes, begging to be chopped off.”

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 PM

“Oh bite me.” His comment was unneeded. Michael takes my comment literally, biting me in the neck, causing mass pain. I open my mouth and let out a silent screams the pain strikes my body. He pulls away quickly, not bothering to drink my blood. I notice that his weight is tilted to one side. I try to break free, rolling to one side. Michael stops my thrashing with a quick grab of my neck.

“Don’t try that again.” I feel the blood drip out of the bite marks. The blood creates a puddle, dying my hair red. I concentrate on the blood until it becomes Kitori. Michael notices and quickly gets off me, ready to fight the blood phoenix. I turn to run.

“Bloodshed is inevitable.” I hear Shina’s warning. I turn to his voice. Shina has his body around a scared Ishmani, his fangs at her neck.

“Sorry Ishmani,” I run out the doors. I hear Ishmani’s scream as I run out the café. I had killed my mistake, not learned from her.