Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-03-2012, 01:43 AM

Tachigami x Velvet

A large, populated city full of the supernatural that walk among humans...

Demons, vampires, werewolves, fairy, wizards, witches, warlocks, shapeshifters, shadowhunters, half-bloods, orcs, anything you can imagine is mingling everyday with humans that are completely unaware of what they really are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creatures of myth were hidden in plain sight, but humans could not see them for what they are. They had "shields" over them that depicted them as a human. But the creatures weren't all perfectly good. Vampires would mess up and feed on humans which resulted them in being killed by a group called the Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters were trained to kill demons and disobedient creatures. They were humans with special powers that easily overpowered any other type of creature except for demons, especially greater demons.

Conflicts still exist between the beasts. Vampires hate werewolves for example.
Incubi and succubi prey on humans still and their crimes often get blamed on serial killers.
There are certain places that are full of the supernatural. Werewolf Bars, Vampire Bars, and just Mythical Bars.
Sometimes powerful warlocks and witches hold parties that bring the supernatural together for a night.
The supernatural children are able to go to human schools as long as they follow the rules and never reveal themselves.
Werewolves stay in packs and vampires generally stick together as well.

Everywhere, literally, everywhere are the supernatural.

They are only allowed to live in this world if they follow the rules made by the Shadowhunters.

The Shadowhunter Rules:
Never reveal yourself to a human. Punishment is death.
Do not kill humans.
Never have dealings with demons of the underworld.
Do not allow the conflicts of the supernatural to reach human history.
If a human accidentally stumbles upon a supernatural, report immediately. Human's memory of the event will be erased.

More details of the world:

Shadowhunters referred to werewolves, vampires, fae, ect as Downworlders. If at anytime the word Downworlder it mentioned it talks of those creatures.
There is a war going on between the Shadowhunters and a man named, Valentine. He is completely evil and has a plan to eliminate the Downworlders. He cannot stand them and is incredibly envious of their powers. He is the one summoning demons that is causing many members of the Clave (which is the counsel of Shadowhunters) to be murdered. He hopes that by defeating the Clave he will be able to take control of the Shadowhunters and send them to destroy all Downworlders.
Downworlders and the Shadowhunters both use what is called "glamour" to hide the truth from humans. The humans cannot see them for what they are.

Shadowhunter Details:
Highly trained - training starts early
They use many different kinds of weapons; whips, swords, daggers, bow and arrow, ect
They mark their bodies with runes using a Stele. These runes are different depending on the mark. There are many different kinds; protection, healing, strength, whatever you can imagine that would help in combat. The marks leave permanent scars that are black, like tattoos and it burns to receive them.
All Shadowhunters have the blood of an angel in them. They cannot be made, only born a Shadowhunter.
Shadowhunters are loyal, smart, and quick to learn. They specialize in certain weapons, but are handy with them all.
They are very skilled warriors that move with grace and speed. They also carry "seraphs", which all have certain names and when their name is said (usually a name of an ancient angel) the "seraph" comes to life and turns into a sword with the power of light and angels.
The counsel is head of the Shadowhunters and what they say goes. Shadowhunters that break the rules will be questioned and possibly imprisoned in the City of Bones, which is an underground prison that is home to the Silent Brothers - men who mutilate themselves in honor of the angels and the runes. They do not speak, have great powers, glide instead of walk, are completely silent in any action they do, and can speak to you through your mind. Their mouths are stitched shut and their eye sockets empty.

THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES - Official Trailer - YouTube Watch the Trailer to the first book of the series here. Maybe that is helpful as well. xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Velvet's Characters:
I know, oh so many. But they will eventually have a purpose. I like having them there to remind me. ;P

Name: Calla Datura
Race: Werewolf

Name: Akira Starlit
Race: Vampire

Name: Lucas Wolfbane
Age: Looks to be late 20's early 30's (But is much older)
Race: Werewolf (Alpha of Calla's pack)

Name: Ashton Lightwood
Race: Shadowhunter

Name: Sage Bane
Race: Warlock/Witch/Enchantress

Last edited by Velvet; 02-04-2013 at 01:56 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 AM

Tachigami's Characters:

Name: Daren Snow
Race: Half demon, half soulless human
Daren

Name: Matthew Black
Race: Partial werewolf (curse has worn thin due to largely human bloodline of the past seven generations)
Matthew

Name: Angelina Corrington
Race: Shadowhunter
Angelina

Last edited by Tachigami; 01-06-2013 at 08:43 PM..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 AM

Calla Datura looked like your average woman. She stood out side of a bar made for just werewolves and she wasn't in the best of moods. She had a naughty nature and tended to get into trouble, mostly by her alpha, Lucas. Having a short temper due to her wolfy side, she was always getting into tussles with humans. Her powerful strength compared to theirs was a sure sign of her difference. Not to mention she tends to sprout sharp canines when angered.

"Damn him." She cursed and she kicked a puddle of water in the alley way. Her blonde hair was kind of messy and fell down her back, and she wore punkish clothes. Black laced up boots, a blue and black plaid skirt that fell just above her knees, and a black tank. The alpha of the pack was none other than her own father. Though he appeared to be young, he as much older than her and yet his secrets fell on her shoulders. Her father fell in love with a human woman who he then performed the cursed bite onto. She changed into a wolf on the next full moon, but as far as anyone is concerned, she as born a wolf and have always been one. Love between humans and the supernatural was forbidden.

She leaned her body up against the damp brick wall of the bar and sighed. She often thought about running away from the city and living wild and free in the forests. Her wolf form ached to be released and she ached to run. Running was a natural thing for the wolves, so was hunting. But you were to hunt as and pack or not at all and the hunts were to only take place in the designated wooded areas. Her anger increased as she thought of the Shadowhunters.

Punching the wall, a crack forms on the brick her hand came into contact with, "Oops." She shrugged and began to wander off into the city. It was late and dark which was a very unsafe time for humans, yet she saw some young women giggling and walking together down the sidewalk to a different bar. They were human and both were attractive. "How dumb." This particular part of the city was dangerous, but Calla knew she had nothing to worry about. She could easily handle herself.

Out of a darkened alley way adjacent of hers, a man wearing all black clothing crept up behind the two women and pulled out a sharp blade. A growl escaped Calla's lips, this was perfect timing for her sour mood. The man was just about the grab one of the women when Calla stepped out from the shadows.

"Hey!" She yelled loud enough that both the women and the man stopped in their tracks. "Hey mister! How about you leave those girls alone!" After that remark, both the women turned and saw the knife the man was holding. Shrieking in fear they took off running and made it inside of the nearest bar.

"You dumb, bitch." The man spat. "I'm going to teach you a lesson for ruining that for me." He moved towards Calla, looking her up and down, "But my oh my, you look better than they did. Tastier indeed." Vampire. She knew what he was instantly. The stank of vampiric flesh filled her nose. She knew then what he had planned on doing to those women. Drinking their blood and then slicing their neck open to hide the bite marks.

"Ugh, disgusting vampire." Calla spat the words back at him causing him to halt.

"What did you say?" He replied, having a sort of Russian accent. "Ahh, I see. You are a werewolf. How cute." He began to call her like one would call a puppy. "Come here, girl."

"Girl? How dare you." At that moment, Calla's fangs began to sprout. She growled, revealing her sharpening canines. "Be quiet, Bloodsucker. My pack is only right inside. I expect you to leave before I rip you to pieces." Another growl escaped her throat as she glared at the hideous creature before her. Sure, he looked like an ordinary human. Fleshy white skin, black clothes, tattoos covering his neck. No one would think anything of him except maybe freak.

Last edited by Velvet; 12-03-2012 at 06:26 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 PM

((Wow, I really hope it's what you had in mind! I tried, I promise!))

Their house was well known to be haunted. Well, to humans, they continued to be superstition and speculation. To supernaturals, it was fact. And no one really wanted to live there. Not necessarily because it was haunted, but because it looked like it had been charred on the outside, and the yard wasn’t anything that could be put on the cover of a gardening magazine. Daren didn’t mind. He liked the seclusion the house gave, though flanked by more modern homes. At least the wrought iron gate, which resembled something out of a cemetery, kept away salesmen who still thought their profession was relevant.

Daren Snow wanted to go back to that home. It was quiet and dark and had many rooms to hide away in. It even had a tower to spy on those who made their way by. But of course, he had to give in to his housemate and closest (and possibly only) friend Matthew Black, whose watered-down wolfism still sent him out during nights like these. Daren wasn’t close to a werewolf---in fact, he was half of what the Shadowhunters searched for: A demon. Not the kind of witch or warlock-based demon, either. Therefore he harbored some especially disliked powers, possibly illegal through the eyes of the Shadowhunters. Were Daren to use them in public, he might be targeted to be killed. Which was impossible. He’d been alive since near the beginning of the 1600s, went through several wars, famines, widespread diseases, the Great Depression, the abolishment of slavery, and everything in between, all because his parents had given his soul to... something not entirely human... to save him from a deadly illness placed on him as a curse. Nothing, now could kill him permanently---he was an empty vessel, with nothing to lose. Basically, Daren Snow was half dead human, half demon.

As far as Matthew Black was concerned, Daren didn’t have to be a werewolf to be pack leader. He’d been a loner type since he was young, an outcast, basically, in his parents’ pack, and decided to go it alone until Daren came along and decided to stick around. His nose was keen despite being more human than werewolf, and picked up various mingling scents. That was definitely a cat. Hunting cats wasn’t illegal, if it were a stray. But it was far away. A couple blocks. Daren glanced at Matt and sighed.

“Can we go home now?” He asked.

“No, I know where it is!”

“We can get it tomorrow! During the day, Matt, come on. You know vampires like me for some reason.” He paused. Maybe it was the darker energy from his demon side. They tended to ambush him, drain him, then leave him in the alley they dragged him into. He’d wake up later with a sore neck and weak joints, usually having been carried home by Matt like a sack of dirty laundry.

“One cat! I can smell it, it’s getting closer!” Matt put himself close to the brick building they were passing, some closed down theater before the street opened to various bars and clubs that swarmed with activity.

“This isn’t even a designated hunting area. It’s in the middle of the city!”

“Yes, yes. Yes yes yes...” Matt sounded a bit like a broken record when he was focused, twitching a bit when he heard the thing he was stalking. He’d hunted before, in designated wooded areas, usually on the outside of a pack he found. But with Daren around, he didn’t need to find a random pack. It was justified, in Matt’s opinion. He dove around the corner of the theater and a high-pitched screech of wounded cat was quickly silenced. “Got it! This little bastard got into the trash the other day!”

Daren turned the corner. His red-headed friend was on the ground, a scruffy-looking monster of a cat under his hands. Matt stood quickly and picked up the thing by its tail, depositing it into the nearby dumpster. “Well, that was fun.” He said with a satisfied grin.

“Great, can we go home now?” Daren pointed behind him.

“Sure, sure.” Matt joined Daren as he brushed his straw-yellow hair back as a breeze shifted through the street. It wound through the packed in cars and flung his hair back into his face. Matt stifled a giggle at his annoyed growl.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-09-2012, 07:20 PM

(Nice post.)

The vampire grinned, "Oh, do you think you can scare me off to easily? You spoiled me out of having a nice meal. You need to repay me some how."

Calla winced out of disgust, her growl growing more intense, "Filthy bloodsucker. You know the laws. You can't hunt like this in the city." Her veins were pulsing through her body as her wolf side ached to be released and tear this vampire apart.

Above them, she could hear something else on the roofs around her. The hairs on the back of her neck began to stand up and chills rippled through down her spin. More vampires. He had brought some of his clan with him on this hunt. That's fine, Calla was quick enough to tear them all apart. Having alpha in her blood only made her stronger and more skilled. Glancing left and then right, she calculated the time it would take them to get down from the roofs after she killed the vampire in front of her. She grinned.

"Oh, why is doggy so happy? Do you really think you can survive this?" The vampire chuckled, a low gurgling sound, "I must thank you for interfering now. Your blood will be enough to satisfy myself plus a few members of my clan. You're surrounding, your end is now near." At that, the vampire began screeching, loud and painful, and lurched towards Calla.

A sudden sound of ripping skin then filled the air as Calla began to transform into a giant wolf. Strength seemed to pulse through her body as she now white and black wolf faced the vampire. In one swift movement, she was on him and biting at his throat. The vampire screeched again, this time out of pain as her sharp canines ripped into his throat. After a series of gurgles, the vampire stopped moving. Calla immediately turned and dodged another vampire as he leaped from the roof of the bat behind her. A growl thundered through her throat and her white muzzle was stained with the blood of the vampire leader.

"You damn bitch!" The other vampire shouted as he began to circle her. The other vampire, a female, was also now circling her. "We are going to destroy you." They both hissed, revealing their long fangs. Both vampires reached for the daggers they had stored in their boots and now began to run directly at Calla.

She was prepared for the other male vampire as he lunged at her and managed to seek her teeth into his arm, ripping it off. Blood splattered the side of the buildings around them. Being distracting by the now feeling one armed vampire, she didn't have time to turn and defend herself against the female vampire before the stabbed the dagger deep into her shoulder. Yelping as the dagger penetrated her skin, Calla nearly fell before she could quickly jump back to avoid another blow to the skull. Hearing the female vampire laugh only angered Calla even more, but the pain in her shoulders caused her to weaken and greatly lessened her likelihood of defeating this skilled vamp. Dark blood had stained her white fur on her shoulders as it poured from her wound, dripping onto the street.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM

The cool breeze would have been refreshing had it not carried the scent of exhaust from a semi-unseen delivery truck on the corner. As he and Matthew turned the corner and stepped onto a new, shorter street, Daren stretched; his joints popped in their age, sometimes sounding similar to a box of soaked Rice Krispies. They walked in general silence---neither had to say much in these almost nightly treks home unless one saw an especially odd or unique happening the other didn't. However, now Matthew twitched his ears involuntarily. "You heard that?" He asked, glancing sideways to Daren.

"No. But you know my hearing isn't as good as yours." Daren glanced sideways. He'd not heard a thing. Only rumbling vehicles a street or two over, people hollering and carrying on in bars nearby and thumping music from the open doors or modified cars. It could be anything, knowing Matt. His imagination sometimes seeped into reality and made him hear or see things he normally wouldn't.

"No, I really heard something!" Matt brushed off the half-quizzical, half-skeptical look Daren gave him. "It's like voices... No..." He stopped in his tracks, pulling Daren to a halt too. "Like vampires. And a wolf. Must be a fight."

"Well, it's none of our business." Daren pushed Matt forward. "It's getting late and I don't want to bother with either of them."

"But it's coming from the alley we cut through on our way home!" Matt stiffened, like a stubborn horse that didn't like the rider. "We gotta see what's going on!"

With an annoyed sigh, Daren let up at once, allowing Matt to fly backward in a few stumbling steps. "Fine! Just so you'll shut up!" He stalked on, waving Matt along. "C'mon, damn it, let's see what's going on." They turned the corner at the same time, and again at the same time they saw a female werewolf sliced along the back with the blade of a dagger wielded by a female vampire. The scene was rather bloody with the remains of other vampires, and it was evident to Daren and Matthew that it'd been a set attack. If not for this girl, then for others long gone. It appeared that the werewolf was struggling, especially considering the amount of blood that had stained her pale fur.

"I knew it! Do something!" Matt shook Daren's arm, but he'd already decided to act. He sprinted forward, raising a hand in a fist as though carrying some long weapon. As he approached, however, the air around his hand began to grow fuzzy, then wave as if in a great amount of heat. A flash emitted, though not blinding, it enveloped both hands and, as though he held a long blade, and as the remaining vampire turned to face him, the flash enveloped her in an instant, then faded at once. For a moment it seemed the vampire had also vanished, though the faint scent of charred clothes and flesh wafted through the air and a couple stray ashes floated to meet the ground and its contents. A few scraps of smoldering clothes and some blackened bones were scattered through the area.

Daren blinked away the slight blind rage that fueled his power and looked around in time to see Matt jog up to meet him. "You'll get us tracked down and killed some day!" Matt huffed. Daren rolled his eyes and looked around to the werewolf.

"Damn. You okay?" He asked, hovering a hand over where the wound was possibly located. It was hard to tell in the sheet of spilled blood. Daren didn't touch her, however---Werewolves did have a rather unpredictable aggressive side, especially when injured after an attack like this. Had she not been cut, she'd probably have won this fight.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 AM

After witnessing the speed and the remarkable skill of the blonde hair man that stood in front of her now, Calla tensed instead of eased. The vampire may have been gone, but now there was something that seemed even more threatening before her. She could also smell the strange scents that seemed to linger in the air. Scorched skin, a dog smell other than her own, blood and gore. She growled and backed away from the men, sensing something strange about them both.

After another series of crackling bones and tearing skin, stood an injured and still bleeding young woman. Her blood hair was a tangled mess and matted in clumps against her sweaty skin and some of it was stuck tight in the bloody splatters along her left shoulder. Her hand went up to it instinctively. Why hadn't it healed yet? Werewolves had extremely fast healing rates and usually the wounds didn't hurt so much. Searing pain echoed through her body, nearly causing her to collapse.

"Shit.." Calla gasped, "An enchanted weapon. I should have known better." Since the move of warlocks into the city that allied with the vampires, weapons that were extremely dangerous to werewolves began popping up. They were considered rare though since the Shadowhunters would confiscate the items. No wonder the vampires seemed to confident. She knew she needed a warlock healer to heal this wound or she would die.

Calla had remembered that there was a warlock trusted by her father up town living in the Tidewater Penthouse Suite. Given immortalilty and nearly unlimited power, warlocks easily were able to have money and anything else of desire. They were living legends and all others were generally submissive to them and never challenged them.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 AM

Daren's brow twitched. What a terrible night this turned out to be. He should have let Matt go out on his own; but of course not. He just had to be overly protective. Matt might have just let this happen but later feel terrible about it and have to cry to Daren. It was quite difficult to get him angry, but very easy to twist his heart. "Great, so..." Daren glanced behind him. "Can we go now?"

"Daren!" Matt hissed, stepping up to his side. "She's apparently been hit by an altered weapon. Must've been something strong, probably enchanted the blade to halt healing in... well, me and her." He looked Daren up and down. He'd been cut, shot, and smashed by plenty of enchanted weapons, though once he was completely incapacitated, his healing was more or less normal.

"I said it wasn't our problem! Now look what's happened!" Daren waved his hands in the air. "Screwed over so bad, we might have a few Shadowhunters around us now." He grabbed Matt's shoulders and shook him slightly. "And if they kill you I'd go crazy! It's like all those other times I let my guard down! But now two kids die instead of one." He glared rather angrily, forcing Matt to shrink back a bit, then step around a bit closer to the young woman.

"You, uh, need help...?" Matt asked tentatively. "Daren doesn't have many defensive abilities, but he can take the enchantment away..." He glanced sideways as Daren twisted his hair back, his rather gold-brown eyes focusing hard on a brick in the nearest wall.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 AM

Panting and now leaning her back against the wall, Calla tried to hide the fact that she was under intense pain that burned through her entire left arm and shoulder. Her breaths were ragged and her skin began to turn an unnatural charred color. The smell of burning flesh filled her nostrils nearly causing her to gag. Her own flesh was literally slowly burning.

She glared at them both. Should she even trust them? The strange one seemed rather cruel and as if he wanted no part in helping. "He isn't a warlock.." She growled, "So how does he have such powers?" By his scent alone she knew the fast one was different. Dangerous.

Sweat dripped from her brow and the raw texture of the brick against her bare skin caused become sore. The wound was causing her supernatural strength to weaken and turn more human like. She knew she was in a deep amount of trouble and at the rate the enchanted wound was progressing she wouldn't have time to get to the warlock. The wound was deep, nearly to the bone.

"Yes.. I need help." She felt her pride fall. Alphas weren't used to asking for help, they were the ones in charge. The strong ones that others come to for help. "As much as it pains me, I am in need of the healing your..err.. friend can do." She looked at Matt and then past him at Daren, who looked unfriendly and annoyed that he had to waste his precious time helping a wolf.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Daren was in a silent battle with himself. If he overused his illegal power, he'd open himself and Matt, and this girl, up for capture or death. But he'd already used them once... Why stop now?

He moved forward as the girl accepted his help, but paused at Matt. "I'm gonna get you killed someday!" He snapped, then turned his attention to the girl. "Okay, let me see..." He studied the injury. "Oh, damn." Daren shook his head, jamming a hand into his pocket. "The skin is charring. It'll get to the bone in minutes." As he spoke, he pulled out a small vial that was to be used on Matt in case of emergencies. "If that happens, it'll probably be permanently weakened." Uncapping the vial, which looked to be about the size of a regular ink pen, Daren shook it with his thumb over the top, then held it to his mouth, blowing lightly into it. The clear liquid puffed suddenly, turning pale red. "It'll sting, so do well not to move much."

Daren poured half the solution into the wound. The muscles twitched involuntarily, stitching back together as they pushed out the damaged and destroyed skin and curdled blood. As it worked, Daren licked his finger and poured a bit of the liquid onto his hand. It moved as though obeying a silent command, not spreading over his skin, but collecting in a marble-sized ball on his palm, working its way to his pointer finger. As it did, he ran the rest of it over the darkened skin that hadn't quite been eaten away. A sizzle filled the air, ending the enchantment before it reached and weakened the bone.

"There we go." Daren rubbed his hand on his pants, pocketing the vial. "That wouldn't have made it to a legal warlock. It'd probably have eaten through the bone and reached the spine. Had that happened, you would have been paralyzed." He shook his head ad Matt made a disgusted sound. Daren stepped away from the girl. "Anyway..." He glanced at Matt, who nodded. "Be careful next time. I know an Alpha when I see one, and... I'm glad you looked through your stubbornness." He patted Matt. "C'mon, I've got to make more of that." He turned, and Matt followed like a young child.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM

Calla turned her head and held her breath as her entire shoulder began to sting. When the stinging became to much, a growl escaped her throat. Her pride was in trouble and that angered her. First she was wounded by a blood sucker, then she was forced to ask for help from a stranger, and lastly she was showing weakness to pain. Gritting her teeth, she was trying to patiently wait until the healing process was over. Though she was irritated and angry, she was also extremely curious as to what this stranger was. She could tell by scent that one was a wolf, but the healer, what was he? His scent was different and that had initially caused her hairs to go stiff.

"Thank you." Calla managed to mutter as her wound had finished the healing process. She glanced over at it and smirked at the small black crack that now scarred her shoulder. "Another battle scar." It no longer throbbed with pain and her strength had returned. She stood and dusted herself off, noticing a few rips in her shirt and snags in her skirt. At least she was still covered with clothing, she could easily recall a few battles that had resulted in her clothing being shredded in the process.

"Already leaving?" Calla called after them as the men turned and began walking away. "Not much on chatting, huh?" She smirked and stood with her right hand on her hip. Her long blonde hair was dancing in a light breeze that also caused her skirt to flutter a tad bit. Her golden eyes were locked on to Daren. She just couldn't piece together what this strange man was. Demon? Warlock? Did he have Shadowhunter blood in him? What was he?

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:19 AM

((Guh, short post!))

Daren stopped suddenly and puffed out a breath. Really? This was where it was going? It was like meeting Matt all over again, only this one could handle herself better. That was what a full-blooded wolf did, anyway, they handled themselves, unless faced with enchanted weaponry. Matt paused, turning to look back at both of them. "Well, personally, I talk a lot, it's just I'm trying to settle down a little because I've been told I talk too much, but I've never really realized it... Daren tells me I do and I should really relax, but my mind moves a million miles a minute and I can't quite get everything out the way I wa---"

Daren patted him on the shoulder, and Matt closed his mouth. "No." He told the girl. "I'm not much on talking at all. I've talked enough in my life to fill a few dozen libraries, and that's more than enough for me. Why do you care?" He folded his arms. "I figured you'd want to get the hell out of here before a Shadowhunter sees you around a demon using their power."

Matt gritted his teeth. Daren never outright said what he was. He always said it put Matt in too much danger. But then again, Daren never used any of his power outright in the middle of the city, where people anywhere could see. Maybe he was softening... Matt almost smiled at the thought, until he looked from the girl to Daren. His posture was straight, his arms close to his chest, and he seemed stiff. That stiffness kept most emotions from coming through to the surface, and the way his eyes never blinked... He didn't seem to trust the girl much; perhaps because of her questions.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM

(Sorry for such a delay! And also, I added some information in the first post. I forgot to add it when I created it. It might help you understand a bit! Oh, and I added a new character! I made a Shadowhunter. I knoooow... another character. xD But, I am looking forward to using her. And I swear I will eventually use all the characters I have listed. Lol.)

Calla almost smiled at the ramblings of Matt, she was unsure about them both, but Matt seemed like an alright kind of guy to her. He was one of her kind, after all. She wondered if he would at all be interested in joining her pack, but she doubted it. After all, he was running around town with this strange creature and seemed to respect him. Whatever Daren was, he was dangerous. And that meant bad news for Downworlders. The number one rule her father always told her to follow, do not get mixed up in business with dangerous people that will cause trouble with the Shadowhunter Clave. But she was ignoring that rule now.

"Because, I don't understand what you are. You are not a warlock, not a demon - well not a normal one that is summons.. but you have strange powers. I cannot figure out your smell." She gritted her teeth and leaned against the brick wall, folding her hands across her chest. This man was unnerving, but her curiosity was getting the better of her. Calla knew she needed to be careful for there was already a sign that the Shadowhunters were preparing for some kind of war. She had heard the rumors that an evil man lurked in the city and he was summoning demons, powerful greater demons. One could not be too careful because any Downworlder caught in this evil man's business was immediately imprisoned or killed.

"And I know what demons smell like. They smell like burnt death, filth, grime. You only have a faint burnt smell that lingers." She was speaking directly to Daren, her eyes on him, studying his every move. She noticed his muscles, his posture and his frame. How his hair perfectly accented his face. She had to admit he was handsome, but that could easily be the influence of whatever power that was inside of him.

Last edited by Velvet; 01-03-2013 at 01:26 AM..

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Daren shook his head slowly. "No..." He muttered. "No. I'm not the demon you can summon. I was born by a demon you can summon. This is what my mother was, and now, I take on the guise and something of a normal scent a human would have. This is why it's harder to track me down, considering I don't normally use anything but a general amount of generic power, and I prefer to stay indoors during the night. Bad things tend to jump out at me at night... and kill me." He grimaced, and looked down. What the hell did he say that for!? Matt glared at him.

"What are you doing!? I thought you were tired, wanted to go home!" He growled and ran both hands through his hair. "Gotta get home."

"I thought you wanted to stay out for a while!" Daren snapped.

"I did, but that was before you did this!"

"Did what, followed your instructions!?"

"They weren't instructions, Daren, they were---"

"Oh, that's right, they were demands!"

"No!"

"Okay, fine!" Daren threw his hands in the air. "We're not doing this, remember what happened last time!?"

Matt closed his mouth with a snap. Of course he remembered. After he and Daren had gotten into a shouting match on the street a year or two ago, just a while after moving from the island Daren had called home most of his life, more than a few people had asked if something was wrong or if they were just having a couple's spat. An embarrassing situation they tried to avoid in public. "Anyway..." Daren said calmly. "If you're okay, how about we just leave?" He glanced at Matt, who nodded in agreement, crossing his arms.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM

"Ah, I have hear legends about your kind. Except, the mother is generally a human and is fed blood of the demon before and while being pregnant. But in order to keep the appearance of a human, she is also fed angel blood. Demon and angel blood running through the child's veins. Making them extremely powerful. A demon mother, that is dangerous sounding." Calla growled, but the rumbling in her throat ceased when she realized that the two men were arguing. Listening to their disagreement, she nearly laughed. They almost sounded like a couple.

"Are you two done yet?" Calla moved from leaning against the wall to kicking at a puddle in the alley. "Seriously? You guys have some boundary issues. What are you going to do? Just go home?" She paused. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea that they just leave. After all, the Clave would not be fond of her communicating with something that they were not aware of. Having demon blood coursing through his veins, Daren was a target for the Shadowhunters.

(Sorry, short post for Calla! D:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashton Lightwood had trained her entire life as a member of the Shadowhunters. Since she could first walk, she had learned the basics of balancing and moving quickly. Her specialty was an electric blue whip fused with the powers of the Angels. Of course she was well trained in the uses of swords, daggers, bows, and every other weapon the Clave created. Every weapon was would give the hunter the power of the Angel, which meant that the weapons were strong enough to kill a demon. Her parents had always been tough on her as well as strict. She never went to a public school growing up, for her life was focused on the training and the institute. Of course, she learned all the knowledge she needed to know here. She even excelled in different languages, including Latin which was popular among Shadowhunters. The life of a Shadowhunter was not an easy one though, everyday she faced death, faced the fact that at any given moment she could be ripped apart by a demon.

Balancing on the beams that were constructed right below the ceiling in the training room, Ashton gracefully need back flips, front slips, spinning kicks, and cart wheels, all while holding onto a sword. Her balance, speed, and stamina was nearly perfected, but it had to be. Given the strength and powers of many demonic creatures, all Shadowhunters had to excel in this area of training. Though the distance between the floor and the beams was over fifteen feet, she jumped from the beam she was on and landed silently on the floor. Sweat was dripping down her back, but she was able to control her breathing. Wiping off her forehead, she headed over to the small cooler that she had packed and retrieved a bottle of water. The water was refreshing and helped to cool her down.

It was getting late in the institute and most of the others that stayed there had already gone to bed, but that was the time Ashton preferred to train. She always hated an audience and would rather train alone then with the company of the others. Setting the bottle back into the cooler she went over and grabbed her favorite throwing knives, blind folded herself, and then proceeded to throw them at a target that was placed in the left corner of the back of the room. Out of ten knives, six of them were now protruding from the target. She cursed at herself as she pulled away the blind fold and saw how many had missed the target. "Shit, still not able to get them all the hit. Ugh." She groaned and headed to pick the knives up and continue practicing.