Rei Ann
Is hungry feed me with rps?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 AM

This is a private rp between Sansa and Rei Ann, that takes place in the Harry Potter Fandom. This rp is set in the post war period after the Second Wizarding War. Draco Malfoy and his mother have been cleared by Harry Potter's testimony while his Father is sent to jail. He now must deal with the aftermath of the war, and the people who still seek to blame him. Enter a Witch from the States, who has come to England and she might just be the key to Draco's new future, or will she condemn him like the rest.

Name: Melinda Prince
App:
Bio: Melinda born in the United States and was raised by her mother. She lived in the states all her life. When she was 11 she started her schooling at Salem Witches Institute, an all girls school. While the second war was taking place in the UK, there was a chance the might come to them, as Voldemort did have plans for world conquest. Yet thanks to his defeat, Melinda was able to convince her mother to let her move to England after she finished her schooling.

She had come to England to work as well as figure out who the rest of her family is. She knows that her Mother has been keeping something from her and she is not sure what. Melinda is head strong, she will work to get what she wants. Yet at the same time, she's not one to judge a book by it's cover. Nor does she care about the politics of the war, nor does she blame the children of death eaters, for the roles their parents forced upon them.

[[I want her personality to come out more as we rp...If you are for it, I figured maybe she could either be Snape's kid, or related to his family line.]]

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 AM

'To Crabbe' Draco though, as he miserably took a drink of fire whiskey. It burned his throat, and he almost chocked on the irony. Wiping his mouth, he sighed, putting the bottle back in his drawer and leaving his office as another round of fireworks went off in the distance.

Diagon alley has been busy today, and business had been good - but Draco would have preferred if it had been dead. Luckily enough, shops had closed early today so that the wizarding population could get together to celebrate the victory over Lord Voldemort that happened a year ago today. Draco would be 'celebrating' alone in his shop as he counted his inventory.
People had been reluctant to come to his shop when he first opened it up, he had a reputation, and it had taken awhile for business to pick up. The great Harry Potter had blessed his shop with his presence when he had heard that the shop was named after Severus Snape. 'Snape's Apothecary'. Business had picked up since then, as a reporter got a picture of Potter in the shop and wrote an article about the forgiving nature of the hero. Yet another debt Draco owed him, he'd have to add it to his list.

The sign on the shop door read 'Open' as Draco, with clipboard in hand went around his shop counting his newts and his frog eyes. The sign was magiced to switch on its own, but since the shop closed early today it still beckoned people to come in and browse. Draco had quite a few rare items, most from Snape's own reserve that was left to him after he passed. Items like acromantula venom. Draco smirked remembering the trip into the forbidden forest when he was younger. He had been such a coward back then. 'Still am, I suppose.' He mused to himself.

Passing a decorative mirror, Draco frowned. He still looked gaunt, but at least his blonde hair didn't look as brittle as it had a year ago. His eye still had dark circles under them, accentuated by his pale complexion. It didn't help that he was a lanky fellow either, at least he was well dressed, as to not scare off customers. Black dress pants, a white dress shirt, and a black vest with off-white pin stripes gave him the appearance of a bartender....or apothecary-tender in his case. Running a hand through his shaggy blonde hair - he no longer bothered to slick it back - he passed the mirror - paying it no more mind as he continued his counting.

"Kindel," Draco called impatiently, his eyes on his clipboard.

"Yes Master." The house elf replied, apparating into the room.

"The next shipment of supplies should be coming in tomorrow morning, I want you to make sure it's counted and put away before the shop opens." Draco said shortly, the elf cringed and Draco took no notice. His treatment of house elves had improved - but Draco was in a sour mood today. Not taking his eyes off the board. He shooed the elf away with his hands, distracted as he went over the numbers in his head, unaware that he had started to count aloud.

Rei Ann

Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 AM

'Who knew finding a job would be this hard' It had been nearly a month since Melinda had come to England. It had been nearly a month that she had been looking for a job. It seemed no one wanted to hire her. She wasn't sure why, she knew she was qualified. She had to wonder if the reason was that she was an American. She was clueless that the reason why was because of her family name.

Melinda current was walking down Diagon alley, which had earlier been busier. Yet now she noticed that many of the shops were closed. According to one of the witches she passed, it was because of celebrations dealing the the defeat of Voldemort. Melinda could only hope that the shop she was trying to stop by today would still be open.
While Melinda had been rejected at almost ever Apothecary she had gone to in order to find a job, finally someone told her about 'Snape's Apothecary'. This person was convinced that someone like her should work there. She wasn't sure what they meant, but she shrugged it off. She needed a job and with luck this place might be hiring. It had been rather late that night, so she returned to The Leaky Cauldron for the night and decided she would head out to the place she had been told about.

Melinda had finally arrived at the Apothecary. She stood there outside feeling rather nervous, what if this place didn't want to hire her because she was an American. This might she knew was her last option, she was running of the saving. Melinda didn't want to head back to the States, her Mother had been dead set about her coming here, and if she returned home now all the fighting with her mother would have been pointless. Especially after she had finally agreed. It would all be for naught. Melinda moved her gaze to the door before reaching out and pushing it open slowly. As she stepped through the door she made sure to take in the interior of the shop.

Once Melinda was fully into the shop, and the door was closed behind her she stepped towards the counter. Her eyes glanced around the shop looking for someone who worked here. The sign did say open, and yet she couldn't spot anyone up front.

"Hello, is anyone here? I heard you might be looking for someone to hire..?" Melinda called out.

Moments later she was berating her self in her head, knowing that she sounded so unsure. She bit at her lip nervously, what if the shop keeper had left and forgotten to the look the door or something. Oh she really hoped that wasn't the case.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 AM

Draco hadn't heard the door open, or close for that matter - he was in the middle of counting frog legs. Honestly, if someone has asked him where he thought he would be a few years ago, counting frog legs in an apothecary would not have been his first pick, or his second, or his third. Inventory was beneath a Malfoy's standards, a medial job for a house elf.... At least it used to be. He had done some serious reconsidering of his life, and compared to where some of his friends were, like Goyle, locked up in Azkaban with his father... running his own shop didn't seem like such a bad thing after all... He'd actually have to say he was proud of the little shop, and not in an egotistical way.

As a voice carried in from the front of the store - Draco shook his head, the far off look in his eyes disappearing as he focused himself. He had to pause for a few moment, leaning back slightly to peek out the door into the storefront. The accent had caught him off guard, he had thought maybe it was the neighbors radio being too loud again. He almost went back to counting until he realized that there was actually a person standing in his shop. He almost sneered, wanting to bark at the person that the store was closed... but she has said she was looking for a job - and... Draco glanced at the floors... he defiantly needed some assistance, especially with cleaning - some things may no longer be beneath a Malfoy... But that didn't mean he knew how to do them.

Holding his clipboard at his side, he stepped into the front of the store. "I am." He said, raising a brow at the American girl - he assumed she was American, her accent said as much. "Why do you want to work here?" He asked, sounding skeptical, his old self-defensive sarcasm beginning to leak into his voice.

Rei Ann

Old 04-05-2013, 04:13 AM

Melinda felt antsy as it took some time for someone to answer her. Maybe there was in fact no one here. Yet what sort of Wizard or Witch would leave, and leave the shop open. She would figure that people would be more careful considering that just a year ago there was a war. A war that Melinda was ever so thankful never made it's way across the Atlantic. While she considered leaving for a moment, she couldn't. Not with having such little funds someone had to be here. She'd wait all night if she had though. She grimaced hoping that she wouldn't have to wait all night.

Melinda let out a smile sigh as she waited. It felt like time was moving so long, that an entirety was passing by. Maybe there was someone back there and they were ignoring her because she was American. If that in fact was the case she would be so cheesed off. Just because she was from America it didn't mean, she needed to be ignored and treated so badly. Melinda considered shouting again, to try and get someone's attention. She was not someone you ignored.

Frankly the other person should consider his self lucky when he finally appeared. Melinda could be rather nasty when annoyed. She smiled at the attractive looking blonde before her. 'Did you really just ask that?' She could tell that he was skeptical of her, he probably thought she was some foolish chick.

"Well I've recently moved here from the US. Like anyone else I need to make a living and I happened to be rather skilled with Potions. I'm not the best, but I the best at my school Salem Witches Institute. I've been hoping to find a job at an Apothecary as a potions assistant, yet it seems the moment I say my name is Melinda Prince and I'm from the US looking for a job, I'm shooed out the door. If you are worried about my skills, I've bought a few potions I've made for you to test my ability. As well as a letter of recommendation from my old Professor. " She told Draco pulling out the items she mentioned.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Draco took the papers that she handed him, reading over it briefly as the girl spoke. "Prince, was it?" He said, looking up from the letter. His lip curved at the side slightly, threatening a smirk. With a name like that it was no wonder the girl was getting turned away. The name had as much baggage as 'Malfoy'. Both had strong backgrounds though, and Prince was a traditionally English name... What this American was doing with it, he didn't know - he spent a lot of time studying genealogy as a child, and the Prince line ended with Severus' mother.

"I thought all the witches had been driven out of Salem?" He said, sticking the letter in his clipboard and reaching for one of the potions. He could tell which one it was by the color - a good sign. Opening the stopper, he let a drop fall to the ground where it sizzled through the floor board. Putting the stopper back in, he set the potion on the counter, along with his clip board. Leaning back against it, arms crossed he surveyed the girl for a moment - another round of fireworks being set off in the background. "Shouldn't you be out celebrating?" He inquired. He didn't want to say just yet if he would hire her or not, but his mind was already made up.

Rei Ann

Old 04-05-2013, 06:49 PM

After Draco had taken the papers Melinda, she allowed her arms to rest at her side. "Yes." Melinda said with a curt nod. It never occurred to her that the problem might in fact be her last name. While there were pureblood wizards in America and those very into family lines and all that. Melinda's mother wasn't, she didn't mention anything regarding relatives. All Melinda knew regarding any family she might have, was that they'd be in England. That's where her Mother was from, but for some reason she moved to America. Yet Melinda's last name came from her Father, she knew because her Mother still had her maiden name. So she had assumed her father was an American or something.

Melinda shook her head,"Oh no that's far from the case. While the Trials did happen, in 1692-1693, witches never left. They just went underground and created the school in memory of the witches who were killed." She explained the brief history of her school, not wanting to have to explain the whole history. Melinda watched him as he tried out her potion, hoping that he would deem it well. She knew it was of a wonderful quality, but the others had tried to tell her it was the worse they had scene. "Why should I be? I could ask you the same you know. While the war might have come to America at some point, and it did affect us a little, It really mostly didn't. Why should I celebrate something I had no role in? It's would just be like when American Muggles claim that the our people knew what World War Two was like, even though they only showed up at the end."

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 PM

Draco made a non-committed noise, pushing himself off the desk and walking past Melinda to the door, turning the sign from 'open' to 'closed'. "I guess I'm not the celebrating type." He said, pausing to look at the lightning bolt the fireworks made in the sky. Draco turned back towards the girl. She must be around his age, if he guessed correctly judging from her appearance and the date on the reference letter. She looked fresh, untouched by the war.

Draco slipped his wand from his pocket, a small wave and a bottle of wine and two glasses started floating towards him. He grabbed the bottle, pouring it into the hovering glasses. He would need a few more drinks to get through the night, especially if he were to have company. "Where are you staying?" He inquired, handing her a glass. There was an apartment above the store, Draco was currently staying there now but there was another room. His mother tried to get him to stay at the mansion, but it was too empty for him to stay there - most of the possessions being taken by the ministry for being too dark - though really Draco knew most were sold to fund the rebuilding of damages caused by the war.

A loud popping noise almost caused Draco to drop his glass - he had coming jumpy since his involvement with the Dark Lord - as Kindle apparated into the room carrying a box, it was taller than the house elf, blocking her view as she held it. The elf waddled over to Melinda, babbling on about how the boxes had come early. Draco was stuck between wanting to laugh and wanting to correct the elf.

Rei Ann

Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 PM

Melinda had to wonder if that was the truth, or if he was hiding something else. Plus someone young like him, he should want to party or something right? She was confused, but didn't ask feeling it wasn't her place. Plus she didn't want to risk her chance of being hired. She really needed to find a job.

She watched as he summoned the wine and the glasses. She took the glass that was offered to her. "Thank you." She said softly. Of course she was a bit surprised, but she had to remember that in Europe the drinking age was different from America's. "Oh I've been staying at the Leaky Cauldron." It was the last place she wanted to stay, but she couldn't be picky right now. Melinda cautiously took one sip of the wine, not sure if she was going to like it having never had wine before.

Her gaze turned towards the direction of the popping noise. Melinda looked confused, having no idea why the elf was addressing her. "Umm...I'm not him." She realized how lame that sounded, goodness she was making a terrible impression.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-07-2013, 02:46 PM

"Kindle." Draco said smoothly, a small smile gracing his lips - perhaps he had drank more than he thought because smiling just wasn't something he did now a days. The elf jumped nearly dropping her load as she turned around and began apologizing. "It's fine. The delivery wasn't supposed to come in until tomorrow." He spoke, releasing his wine glass - is stayed hovering in the air where he left it. He grabbed the box at the top and headed towards the back, turning back toward Melinda and nodding his head towards the remaining box. "Grab that, carefully, and you can have the job." He said, stepping into the storage room. The girl seemed a bit shy and unsure, and Draco needed someone who could keep up - he had a hard enough time getting the shop up and running with ministry regulations and forms that he didn't want anyone to mess it up for him.

Setting the box down, he rubbed the dust off his hands, frowning at the shelves - they were full, he'd have to rearrange some things. He didn't bother to look behind him, if the girl really wanted the job she would be there - and old habits died hard, Malfoy didn't wait for people. "Well Melinda," He said - remembering that American's used first names, it felt a bit too familiar on his tongue... almost comforting. "I can offer you room and board, there's a second bedroom in the loft above the shop; along with a small amount of pay until the business gets going. Kindle can get your things from the Leaky Cauldron."

"Oh, and my name is Draco... Malfoy." He gave the last part up reluctantly... In the past he would have started with it, proclaiming it proudly. Things changed, and so did people. Sighing, he glanced her way, wondering if his family's name had been besmirched all the way to America.

Rei Ann

Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 PM

Melinda watched the two of them interact. She couldn't help but think he had a nice smile. Melinda nodded as she set down her glass. With a flick of her wand that she had pulled out. Her vastly long hair moved into a small bun, so that it wouldn't get in her way. She put her wand away and grabbed the box carefully. She followed after him with carrying the box.

Once she was in the other room, she set the box down next to the others. Melinda took in the area. She noted that the shelves were completely full. It seemed he liked to keep his supplies well stocked. She turned her gaze towards him, surprise spreading across her face. "Really? That would be ever so wonderful....Mr. Malfoy" Melinda said with a smile. It felt weird referring to someone her age like that, but he was to be her boss he had to be treated with respect. His family name had no effect on her, it sound familiar, but she had no idea why and nor did she care. She wasn't the type to judge someone based on their name.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-17-2013, 11:54 PM

"Call me Draco, please." He said, as he opened a box to examine its contents. He frowned, not looking forward to sorting through everything - though luckily he did have some assistance now.

"I don't use magic when working with the ingredients. I'm sure you know that some are quite magical and unstable. I always sort through it by hand myself." He said, looking up at his new assistant. Her long hair was pulled back in a bun and he could properly see her face now. She had nice features, pretty for an American - Draco had always been under the impression that Americans were gross slobs, but that could easily just be a rumor. "Gloves, goggles, and anything else you might need to handle ingredients are in the far right corner, along with brewing supplies - I have a number of cauldrons, silver, gold, depending on what potion you\re brewing. They've been shrunk and put in the drawer underneath the tools." He began.

Closing up the box, he turned to face her proper, as he continued to explain the current supplies, and what needed to be done around the store. Strict inventory, new potions made for selling, cleaning, and other such jobs that needed doing. "Kindle handles the shipments and most of the cleaning - any potion spills I handle myself. She can also cook, if you need her too." Taking a big breath, he blew it out, blowing his bangs off his forehead. He had been talking for quite awhile - and his head was just a tad fuzzy from the drinks.

"Anything else I think we can go over later, but it's getting rather late - the fireworks have stopped." He mused, quite thankful that the popping had stopped. Heading towards the staircase he climbed the first few steps "Rooms are up here."

And at that moment Draco was glad that Kindle was so adept at cleaning, as his pride would never allow him to have a pretty girl enter his house with it a mess - no matter how small and common.

Rei Ann

Old 04-28-2013, 01:23 AM

Melinda nodded acknowledging the fact that he wanted her to call him Draco. "Yes of course." Melinda said nodding. She nodded, making sure to note in her mind where he said everything was. She wondered if they were going to start unpacking the boxes now. She listened making sure to memorize everything he was telling her. "I understand." Melinda said.

She watched him as he spoke noticing that he was passionate about his work. As she listened and watched him speak she notice just how attractive he is. "Of course that sounds fine to me" Melinda said nodding. She took a deep breath, "What time does work start?" She asked. She wanted to make sure she would be up and ready on time. It wouldn't do her well to be late to work ever.

Sansa
The Little Bird

Old 04-30-2013, 02:03 AM

Draco paused for a moment - he was an early riser, but the shop didn't open until 7:00am. They would need to unpack the boxes tomorrow, but since there were two of them it shouldn't take that long. He would need some extra time to show her a few more things... "6:00am, I'd say - be ready to go for 6:00." He nodded, opening the door to the loft above the shop.

"The loo is down the hall to the left - guest room across from it. My room is straight ahead if you ever need me, that's probably where I'll be if I'm not in the shop." He said. With a wave of his arm, he sighed. It was small, but the furniture was antique, and expensive - one could easily tell. The place held a subtle air of class to it, and the green theme of the furniture was very... Slytherine, but cosy. A fire was going in the fireplace in the living area, and Kindle was snapping her fingers, magic-ing the soap and water to do the dishes. Melinda's luggage was already sitting outside her room.

"This is it - it's small... But I've learned over the years that a big house can get rather lonely." Draco said, his eyes unfocusing for a moment. Shaking his head, he turned to look at her. "I'll see you tomorrow." Rather abruptly he walked off, into his room - closing the door behind him.

Pulling off his tie, he dropped face first onto his bed - his hand bringing his wand up to hide it under his pillow. He wasn't sure exactly what he had just done. But he felt as though it was a good decision. Haven't made one of those in a long while, mate. He thought to himself, before the long day and the alcohol finally put him to sleep. For once, he didn't dream of the war, or a snake-like man... But a faceless long-haired witch, who was trying to lead him somewhere. He didn't remember the dream by morning.