Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:31 AM

@ Veno - Is it? I don't know much about midwifery. What happens if something goes wrong and you need hospital equipment to save you or the baby? I would understand if it was a natural birth in a hospital setting where everything is there and ready for you just in case you need it. But not being near any of the equipment that could potentially save you or the child if something happens, it just sounds like a tragedy waiting to happen.

The 700-sided dice lands on 690

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Lmao! I'm surprised that was on Google to be honest! That's awesome lol

The 700-sided dice lands on 622

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Neph; Lol yes you can start rolling and you just type [dice ] 700 [ /dice] but without the spaces in the brackets.

Emma; I totally 100% agree with you. I wish more people were as caring as she has been. I've been blessed with such a great and attentive midwife. :) the kicking hasn't been as bad as some of my friends and family have described it. Lol nothing that has broke my ribs or taken my breath away or caused any real pain. He just has a real issue with laying on my nerve and making my left leg want to give out lately. XD Kinda funny though.

The 700-sided dice lands on 663

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

I just dragged home 2 logs for free fire wood. They were large downed branches from the recent storm. :) It didn't take as long as I thought it would either.

This should be better then. :D

The 700-sided dice lands on 220

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:32 AM

But I thought wet wood was bad for firewood?

The 700-sided dice lands on 495

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-19-2015, 05:33 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 169

Are you having a bonfire with the wood?

Lord Angel Newlifes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-19-2015, 05:34 AM

I live in the dessert we really only have one month cold enough for a fire...
so who won the last game I missed it apparently
The 700-sided dice lands on 215

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:35 AM

... What happens if you start a fire in the desert? Can you even start a fire in the desert?

The 700-sided dice lands on 508

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
Neph; Lol yes you can start rolling and you just type [dice ] 700 [ /dice] but without the spaces in the brackets.

Emma; I totally 100% agree with you. I wish more people were as caring as she has been. I've been blessed with such a great and attentive midwife. :) the kicking hasn't been as bad as some of my friends and family have described it. Lol nothing that has broke my ribs or taken my breath away or caused any real pain. He just has a real issue with laying on my nerve and making my left leg want to give out lately. XD Kinda funny though.

The 700-sided dice lands on 399

Oh yikes! My cousin had that happen and she has serious back problems from it!! I hope yours leaves with the baby!!!

That's good on the kicking though - I've heard it can be brutal sometimes

The 700-sided dice lands on 141

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
@ Veno - Is it? I don't know much about midwifery. What happens if something goes wrong and you need hospital equipment to save you or the baby? I would understand if it was a natural birth in a hospital setting where everything is there and ready for you just in case you need it. But not being near any of the equipment that could potentially save you or the child if something happens, it just sounds like a tragedy waiting to happen.

The 700-sided dice lands on 509
It's actually at a hospital. lol I'm just laboring at home, delivering and everything in a hospital setting. It's just the room I'll be delivering in looks more like a warm and welcoming bedroom instead of a sickening and stuffy hospital room.

And for the most part the only time that medical emergencies happen with natural births are when the pitocin and epidural drugs are introduced.

Every ones opinion is different but I think natural and unmedicated is best. Or at least the best choice for me. I don't judge anyone for choosing to be medicated so they don't feel pain of child birth or anything. That's a womans choice.

The 700-sided dice lands on 117

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-19-2015, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Angel Newlifes View Post
I live in the dessert we really only have one month cold enough for a fire...
so who won the last game I missed it apparently
The 700-sided dice lands on 499
Silver Storm did back on page 11 :3

The 700-sided dice lands on 233

I actually think I'm going to head out - too hard to keep up and I'm falling asleep lol! I think I'll stick around my slower threads for a little longer and then head to bed :3 Night everyone! :D <3

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:38 AM

@ Veno - As long as your choices aren't endangering yourself or the baby, they sound like viable choices to me. I've just never been exposed to this as an option, so I was wondering if all the bases were covered.

The 700-sided dice lands on 615

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:42 AM

Emma; haha nah it's just when he gets to flailing about. It's really cute though.

Dystopia; Of course I wouldn't put my baby or myself in jeopardy. And women have been having babies naturally and not in a hospital setting since the beginning of time. I mean I can totally understand that most people aren't really submitted to this, but I've been to so many natural and home births throughout my life it's insane. Lol My moms best friend is actually a doula -which is a woman who is there as a calm support system just for the mom, and can make ALL the difference with a healthy labor and delivery whether at home or at the hospital) I've just always known natural and everything. My mom used midwives with me and my brotherr and my aunt is a midwife as well. We're all very natural and homeopathic and the like.

Plenty of women have complications and everything and so hospital births are good for a lot of women, but since I'm considered low risk I could give birth at home if I wanted to, but I agree with my mom with it being my first child and everything at least we're still technically at the hospital.

The 700-sided dice lands on 500

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
But I thought wet wood was bad for firewood?

The 700-sided dice lands on 433
The storm happened last week and no one cleaned up the area so it's dry now. :)

The 700-sided dice lands on 293

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:46 AM

Nephster; I wish it would rain here. Just not tomorrow or Monday. x} I have things to do. Lol

The 700-sided dice lands on 595

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 05:51 AM

@ Veno - It is an unfamiliar concept to me. I know that its how women gave birth before new technologies were invented, but I've never thought that "It was done for thousands of years." alone is a good argument for anything. But with what you've explained, it sounds like a safe and respectable option. I have nothing against natural birth in general, I just know that complications can happen during pregnancies, and I wanted to know if preparations were made for worst case scenario.

@ Nephie - Ah. Then hurrah for free firewood!

The 700-sided dice lands on 576

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-19-2015, 05:57 AM

Dystopia; ^^ I totally understand. I actually had to give knowledge to my best friend about the whole situation because prior to showing her articles, and informing her about everything she was like "OMFG I'M FLYING THERE AND YOU'RE GOING IN A HOSPITAL" All precautions and preparations have been set in motion. :) I even am borrowing a fetal heart rate monitor from my midwife, I've had it since I hit about 37 weeks pregnant just incase I have one of those days where I don't feel him move as much as usual. Which at this late in pregnancy they still move but since they are kinda on a "sleeping schedule" they have lulls of movement. And thankfully no need to use it, though It totally use it like every day. Lol His heart rate is usually between 139-147. He is a rebel in the fact that usually girls have the higher heart rate. Lol
I'm glad you're concerned though <3 I do have my bases covered and I do know what I'm doing and my choices.

The 700-sided dice lands on 221

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 06:01 AM

I can understand why your friend was concerned. It is a pretty foreign concept to most people at best, a terrifying one at worst. Especially because most mentions of "natural" birth in modern media are fairly negative- Not negative towards healthy natural birth, but the only times its mentioned is when someone forces someone else to have a "natural" birth against their choice. (Basically just refusing to take them to the hospital because they are sick, sick people.)

I'm glad that you have everything thought out so thoroughly! But I still hope everything goes so well that you don't use any of the scary stuff you had to have for back up.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-19-2015, 06:01 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 606

I'm heading to bed now. Good luck, everyone! See y'all tomorrow.

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 06:03 AM

Hold up...did someone get the First Game number? If they did, they need to let me know what post it was so I can verify and award the points.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 06:04 AM

Hey Andais. Someone did get the first number. It was not me. I'm sorry for the confusion!

The 700-sided dice lands on 312

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-19-2015, 06:06 AM

Dystopia, can you recall about what page it was?

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-19-2015, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
Hold up...did someone get the First Game number? If they did, they need to let me know what post it was so I can verify and award the points.
Page 11. 4th post. Silver got it.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-19-2015, 06:07 AM

I have no clue. But luckily, someone does! :D

The 700-sided dice lands on 671

Lord Angel Newlifes
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-19-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
... What happens if you start a fire in the desert? Can you even start a fire in the desert?

Yes its possible to start a fire in the dessert... everything is dried out and spreads very fast....

The 700-sided dice lands on 310