Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 04:27 AM

Dystopia and Queen; On top of the fact I just don't like the taste of meat, and I have tried it on and off throughout my life since tastebuds change and whatnot but just don't like it. It also bothers me about eating something's flesh. Then of course there's the fact of how inhumanely most of our meat is killed and processed and then plumped up with all sorts of steroids and the conditions in which they live before they are slaughtered. Anyways - not going into that tangent and stepping off my soap box now- but I don't down or dog others for eating it. I mean you like what you like. Lol It's my choice to not eat meat just like it is your choice to eat it. :)

The 700-sided dice lands on 32

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-20-2015, 04:29 AM

I agree with you on the food industry thing. But at the same time, its not only the meat industry that has poor practices.

The 700-sided dice lands on 100

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-20-2015, 04:31 AM

I'm definitely a meat eater. My husband says he went vegan for about six months after seeing a video of a slaughterhouse, but he said it was expensive to go full vegan, and he eventually craved eating meat again.

The 700-sided dice lands on 147

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
I'm generally not picky about foods. I like cheap meats like chicken nuggets and sausages, too. xD

The 700-sided dice lands on 197
Sausage is tasty, but I have moved away from it, my husband isn't a fan of it. We eat mostly chicken and pork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by First to Never Know View Post
The 700-sided dice lands on 560

Pressure headaches suck. Well, all headaches suck. I hope the medicine kicks in soon for you.
Headaches are the damn devil. Thankfully, the Benadryl seems to be helping to kick the headache. Which means in like 20 minutes it will be bedtime for me.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 04:33 AM

Dystopia; oh for sure it's not. It's bad all over the place. Hence why I grow almost all the produce/fruits I eat. Or family/friends grow it. ^^ We actually get our butter and cheese from a farm that my dads cousin owns so that's really cool too.

My parents have completely stopped buying meat except for from local meat markets and what not since they passed the fact we no longer know the origin of the meat in stores now. ;o on top of the fact that they are now allowed to take our chicken, ship it to China, clean and process it, then ship it back to the U.S. because labor is cheaper over there. Morally and ethically that is just wrong to me - basically like using slave labor - and then that's just too much travel with temperature sensitive foods.

The 700-sided dice lands on 637

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 04:36 AM

This will probably get me in trouble, but they are animals. And until we can treat each other better, feed everyone, and treat each other humanly, I really don't care how my ground beef was treated before it hit my plate.

I happen to know that tonight 1 in 5 Arizona kids will go to bed hungry.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 07-20-2015, 04:38 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 261

That is a lot of kids. That's so sad. It's ridiculous how many kids go hungry, especially knowing how much government assistance some people get through SNAP benefits. A lot of people get way more than they did, while others who need it don't get enough or any at all.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-20-2015, 04:38 AM

I can't be bothered to grow produce. And I certainly can't raise and slaughter my own meat. I wish I could support small farms and such and buy their produce instead, but its much more expensive. Rightfully so, but I just can't afford it. I guess I'm kinda stuck as I am, though I do feel bad for "supporting" poor food industry practices.

I've never heard of chicken being shipped to China and back. But its not only the food industry that outsources our labour either.

---------- Post added 07-19-2015 at 09:40 PM ----------

I think its important to learn to respect all life. I understand that there are many causes and that you can't support them all at the same time, but I think that saying, "I won't care about animals until all humans are treated well." is the same as saying, "I won't care about transexual rights until all homosexuals are treated well." Both are important causes and deserve respect, even if they aren't your core focus.

The 700-sided dice lands on 489

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 04:43 AM

First; It can be expensive to eat vegan, specially if you're shopping at stores and even at local markets, but my family/family friends/friends have been growing and producing their own food for at least a couple generations so it's like we don't actually really shop and there is not upfront costs and whatnot. When I lived on my own my eating habits were fairly expensive compared to what they could of been but where as some people spend more money for clothes/cable/etc I spent more with my food. Lol My bills were paid, me and the dog were fed and my life was sorta put together. Lol

Queen; I can agree with you there. That's just not how I was raised. But also that deals a lot with corporate greed and whatnot. I don't think anyone should go anytime with being hungry which is why I do my part to donate my time, money and/or food to local soup kitchens and other places like that. I can only control what I think and what I do and I know that each night I go to bed and feel good about myself. (for the most part lol) I don't think any less of people who don't care about how the edible animals were treated prior to being consumed, I just know that even if I did like meat I couldn't be okay with it personally.

The 700-sided dice lands on 381

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-20-2015, 04:47 AM

The 700-sided dice lands on 394

My last dice roll was just one number off from my personal number.

We buy most of our produce across the street at a local produce store. It's just more convenient. We buy what we want when we want it instead of during our grocery trips. We like to take a walk across the road and pick out stuff. The prices aren't much higher than Walmart. The eggs we bought there two weeks ago were actually cheaper than the eggs at Walmart. The egg prices at Walmart skyrocketed last month for some reason.

I think I'm going to head off. I still need to shower and get a good night's rest before I go in for two of my finals tomorrow. Y'all have a good night!

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 04:52 AM

Goodnight First!

It's super awesome that you support local markets. :)

Dystopia; I probably would think the same way about gardens and everything, but being how I was raised which is basically be one with mother earth, holistic medicines and all that jazz it kinda just ran over into me. Doesn't mean others opinions or ways of life are bad or not the right choice. Just wouldn't be how I would live my life. Lol I'm ALOT more open minded than a lot of my parents friends that's for sure and even my parents. They are very old school hippies that are like protesting tons of things and places. I stand up for what I believe but I also believe others opinions aren't wrong either (for the most part).

The 700-sided dice lands on 604

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 04:54 AM

I have a very odd sense about stuff sometimes. Edible animals, not high on my list of things to worry about. I donate to local food banks and assist with local food drives and sorting cans and what not.

Can't believe no one has gotten the 2nd game number yet.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 04:56 AM

Queen; It's good that you donate to local food banks and what not. :)

And i know I'm really shocked! ;o

The 700-sided dice lands on 286

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-20-2015, 04:58 AM

All life deserves respect. Even if we're going to eat something, it should be raised and slaughtered humanely. I don't think there's anything wrong with raising and eating animals, but there's everything wrong with torturing them.

The 700-sided dice lands on 34

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 05:03 AM

There is another prize page in 3 pages.

Dystopia, I sent you 2k in gold for your win on prize page 7. I forgot that I was going to offer EIs or Gold, winner's choice. If you want EIs instead, let me know. I will take the 2k refund and let you know what I have in stock.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 05:04 AM

And really that's all we ask is that we have enough food for everyone and that our food is taken care of humanely. But since for the most part it's about the bottom line, those both suffer.

The 700-sided dice lands on 666

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Oh, I won a thing? Thank you!

What EIs do you have? :o

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

xD Dystopia you're always winning something, you should of known it would happen.

The 700-sided dice lands on 346

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-20-2015, 05:06 AM

Dystopia, I will have to post a list on the front page. Let me have tomorrow after work and you can choose then. Time for me to hit the sheets. Got work in the morning. Dag nab it.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 05:07 AM

Goodnight Queen! :D Have some awesome dreams.

The 700-sided dice lands on 295

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-20-2015, 05:08 AM

c: Sure. Thank you! Good night!

The 700-sided dice lands on 521

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 05:09 AM

You're so lucky in like everything Dystopia. Lol

The 700-sided dice lands on 140

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 07-20-2015, 05:11 AM

... Am I? xD

The 700-sided dice lands on 298

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-20-2015, 05:12 AM

Sorry I haven't been back yet guys! Lunch was great with the family until my brother was a complete A$$ to my Mom, but then came home to my Dad being in an A$$ mood as well so it's just been annoying lol Did get laundry done though, and Mom and I were able to relax and watch Poldark on Masterpiece Classic on PBS (Soooo good by the way!! Plus it stars my favorite Dwarf from the Hobbit <3) - now I'm chilling in bed again watching Mischievous Kiss - nearly finished with the first season! :D

The 700-sided dice lands on 187

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 07-20-2015, 05:14 AM

Dystopia; seems like you always win something. Specially when we use to chat in the same threads when I was Miss Mad Hatter. LOL

Emma; Least the day ended well even if it did have some butthead hiccups. ^^ What did you guys eat for lunch?

The 700-sided dice lands on 174