Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 05-16-2018, 04:17 AM

The sun had just begun to peek out from behind the clouds on this spring day. With it, the attitudes of the small group of young children perked up. Myles stayed in the back office of the daycare on Fridays to handle the paperwork that built up over the week while his sister, Charlie, handled the children. Running a daycare wasn't his dream but it was the one thing that his wife and sister had bonded over.

"Myles!" A feminine voice hollered, causing the blonde-haired man to look up from the current list of bills that needing attention. "I need you to watch the crew while I take Susie to bathroom. She scraped her knee outside."

"Sure, give me a sec." He replied. Standing up, he grabbed the office key and locked the door behind him. Standing a few feet away was a tall raven-haired woman with a small girl sniffling. "Susie, what happened?"

"I... fell." The girl sniffled.

"Her and Tommy were racing around the playground." The woman explained. Her emerald eyes glanced down at the girl. "It's a small scratch but I want to make sure there's no dirt in it."

"Gotcha, Charlie." Myles responded. "Oh, Tracy called earlier. She's got a couple new applicants for the daycare she wanted you to look over. We can only take on a couple more kids before I have to find an extra helper."

"I'll call her later. I need to tell her about Darin and his buddies." Charlie remarked, a frown appearing on her face. With a nod each, they headed into opposite areas.

Kirin Rosenbaum:

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-16-2018, 11:45 AM

Kirin had just moved into the neighborhood. He had lost his wife about a month a go and was looking for a fresh start for him and his son. He glanced out the window as he was unpacking into the back yard where the young boy was exploring. He looked so much like his mother. Though the boy had his raven hair.

The boys hair was to his shoulders. He had decide that he wanted his hair long just like his daddy's hair. Kirin, whose hair was to his waist, had been reluctant but had decided to let him do it. It was just hair after all. Though the two had talked that there might be kids who would make fun of him for being a boy and having long hair. His son hadn't cared in the least.

Before moving Kirin had sent in an application to have his son in day care. He hated doing it. Hated it with a passion. But he had a job starting soon and he needed somebody to care for his son while he was at work. A small sob escaped his throat. His wife had stayed home with him, before.

"Cooper it's time to come in for lunch." He called out to the little boy.

"Alright daddy!" He said running to Kirin who scooped him up.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-16-2018, 02:44 PM

Luckily the scrape on Susie's knee looked worse than it was. Charlie rewarded the young girl with a sticker. As the duo made their way back outside, Charlie looked at the clock on the wall. 12:25. In less than twenty minutes, most of the children would be headed home. Only a couple would remain until a later time but Myles would be watching them. While the daycare operated on full days, a lot of the parents worked different shifts and only needed someone to watch their children for a few hours in the morning. Myles' wife, Tracy, and Charlie had discussed before working to spread the word of the daycare to those who needed it in the afternoon too.

"Ok, Susie." Charlie said to the young girl. "Your mom will be here soon. Do you want to go back outside or stay in here?"

"I wanna go back out!" The girl exclaimed. "I want to show Faith my stickers!" Charlie smiled and they headed outside where Myles was. It was a sight to be seen as Myles was being chased by four children.

"Sis! Thank god you're here!" He panted, power walking up to her. "I think it's your turn to be the ice cream man."

"Nah, I got a better game for them." Charlie said with a smirk. "Kids, we're going to play 'Pick up'. You all know how we play that?" The kids nodded though one of the taller boys groaned.

"Do we hafta?" He asked.

"No, but you know that if you don't pick up your mess then you can't play out here the next time you're over. Everyone has to do their part in cleaning." She answered. The boy still grumbled but she knew he would clean up. It was one issue his father was struggling with at home and he asked Charlie to help.

Once all the toys in the yard were picked up, Myles and Charlie brought the kids inside to wait on their parents. One by one, they left until both Susie and the boy was left. Myles gave Charlie the go-ahead to leave and she grabbed her stuff.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-16-2018, 05:48 PM

Kirin was wondering when he would hear from the daycare. He had been told they would call to let him know whether or not they had room for Hunter. He finished braiding his son's hair and the two headed out for a walk. It was a nice neighborhood. It also had great schools which was one of the main reasons he'd picked this area to move too. He fought back tears as the two of them walked up the sidewalk. He did his best not to do to much crying in front of his son. Though Hunter knew that there was nothing wrong with a man crying. But his dad's tears did worry him.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-16-2018, 06:32 PM

Charlie pulled out her phone as she sat down in her car. As she started to dial Tracy's number, her phone rang. Glancing at the caller id, her bright mood soured. She swiped to decline the call and then dialed Tracy's number.

"What's up, chickadee?" The voice on the other end answered after two rings.

"Not much. Myles told me you got some candidates." Charlie responded.

"Sure do! I had three but one bailed. Claimed that Happy Tykes offered him some huge discount." The voice continued. "Told him that no discount could make me send my kid there. They serve those children nothing but junk food!"

"The horror, Tracy, the horror." Charlie chuckled. "I'll have you know that your darling husband and I grew up on nothing but junk food. And we're mostly fit as a fiddle."

"That was before I got a hold of you two. And I know." Tracy answered. "I'm not saying it's all bad. But they don't even offer fruit. You can get that cheap at the farmer's market. Anyway, the other two are ours. I decided to take them both. One is a single father who recently moved here. Poor guy's got it rough from what I gathered. I'm going to call him later and let him know to stop by tomorrow or the next day to fill out the paperwork. The other is a bit different than what we are used to..."

"Different? How?" Charlie was a bit nervous to ask. The last time Tracy pulled something like this it was the twin terrors from last year. Two girls who, at the age of 6, knew how to push every button of the staff. It took three of their daycare workers quitting before Tracy admitted that they were not a good fit.

"Not a bad different, I promise." Tracy hastily explained. "It's a single mother who has to go back to work after her husband left her. We usually deal with older kids but her daughter is six months old. I can't say no... You know that."

"As long as she's not one of the terrors, that should be ok. All those years of babysitting our cousins should pay off for me. And Myles needs the practice." Charlie teased. The night before, Tracy confided in Charlie about a positive pregnancy test. "Have you told him yet?"

"I will tonight. Over dinner." Tracy responded, a hint of excitement in her voice. "Six years, we have tried." Charlie knew how important it was for her brother and wife. Tracy was the mother type. Myles would make for a good father though Charlie knew he would be worried about turning out like their father. "Well, let me head off! I got calls to make. I'll see you in the morning?"

"Sure thing!" Charlie responded. They said their good-byes and Charlie hung up. During that call, she had a couple missed calls. "Dude needs to chill out. I'm not answering him. He knows that."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-17-2018, 01:08 PM

Kirin decided to walk by the daycare center to just check the outside. He was glad it wasn't that far from the house that he had bought for him and Hunter.

Hunter is in his arms asleep as Kirin just continues to walk. The boy had started crying on the walk and had tuckered himself out.

Soon he got to the daycare. It looked very nice. He just stood on the sidewalk. He spotted the playground and smiled. Hunter would like that. There were lots of things for him to climb. His son loved to climb. In that way he was a lot like his mother. A shudder runs through his body as he thinks of his late wife. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-19-2018, 01:14 AM

"Monty! Careful!" Myles exclaimed as the boy ran out of the back door and into the playground. The boy was laughing as he rushed over to the slide and tried to climb up the slippery surface. "You don't want to hurt yourself before it's time to go home."

"Aw, man..." Monty grumbled as he attempted unsuccessfully to climb up the slide. "I want practice to beat James at it tomorrow."

Myles chuckled as he approached Monty and helped the small boy make his way to the top. "Well, James has an advantage. He's got long legs. And he's five years older than you."

"Mr. Myles..." Monty glanced at him before looking toward the sidewalk. "Who's that?"

"Hm? It looks like someone and their kid." Myles replied. He tended to be on edge when an unfamiliar face was near the daycare. With the way the news had been lately with the focus on kidnappings and such, Myles preferred to keep all the children under his care safe. "Monty, why don't you head inside? I'm going to introduce myself to the man." Monty protested a little but gave up once he realized that he was not going to get his way. Once Monty headed back in, Myles walked over to the sidewalk.

"Afternoon." He greeted the man.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-19-2018, 02:39 AM

"Good afternoon." Kirin said with a smile. Though honestly it didn't reach his eyes. "I'm sorry I know I shouldn't be loitering around. I am new in town and am hoping to get my son Hunter into your daycare." He said. He too had heard the stories of kidnappings and other horrible things happening in day cares and schools.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-20-2018, 01:00 AM

"Well, you'd have to get in touch with my wife. She's in charge of who we take in." Myles said with a half-laugh. He could see that the man in front of him was suffering from something though he couldn't tell if it was mental, emotional, or physical pain. "If you want to come into the daycare, I can give you one of our flyers so you can call her."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-20-2018, 01:51 AM

"I already contacted somebody. I'm waiting to see if we got accepted." Kirin said with a small smile. "But I wouldn't mind one of the flyers just to have. I was impressed by what I saw on your website."

Hunter woke with a small yawn. "Daddy?" He mumbled.

"Hey little man." Kirin said with a smile.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-20-2018, 10:42 PM

"Ah, well. That's good. Perhaps my wife will give you a call then. If you leave your name, I'll mention you to her." Myles responded. He glanced down at the young boy who was stirring. It made him think of how much he and Tracy spent trying to have their own child. Six long years and still no luck. Myles frowned slightly as he thought about how he was set to throw in the towel. If they didn't have one by now, maybe it wasn't meant to be. He knew it was selfish but a part of him was glad that they didn't have any of their own. Their life would change and he wasn't sure he was ready for that. As quickly as the frown appeared, it was replaced by a grin. "Let's head in then! I got a couple extra oranges if your son would like one."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-21-2018, 12:07 PM

"That sounds good." Kirin said with a smile. He noticed the frown and briefly wondered what it was about. He quickly dismissed that thought. It was none of his business.

"Can I have an orange daddy?" Hunter asked looking up at his dad his eyes wide.

"Of course little man." He said nuzzling the boy.

Hunter giggled as his dad nuzzled him.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-23-2018, 01:24 AM

Myles led them into the daycare where Monty was sitting in one of the child-size blue chairs with a book. Monty looked up and glanced at the men and the boy before turning back to the book.

"Don't mind Monty. He's our resident bookworm. Once he starts one, he doesn't talk to anyone until he's done." Myles explained as he headed to a small room off to the side of the play area. This was the pantry and kitchen where he handled all of the cooking. Grabbing two oranges, he headed back to the play area. "Here's one for each of you."

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-23-2018, 04:07 AM

"Hunter loves to read too." Kirin says with a smile.

Hunter took the orange offered to him. "Thank you." He said with a smile.

Kirin took his as well. "This is a nice facility you have."

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-24-2018, 08:48 PM

"Charlie stocks up with new books every other week. We get a variety of books from different countries too for the parents who want to introduce a new language to their kids." Myles explained as he handed the small boy a boy about a puppy written in Spanish. "If your dad doesn't mind, you can keep this one. Charlie bought extra of it and a couple others that I'll have to find."

A phone rings and Myles excuses himself to answer it. It was Monty's aunt calling to say she would be picking up the boy shortly due to his mom having to work over. Myles assured her that it was fine and that he understood.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-25-2018, 02:32 AM

"Can I keep it daddy?" Hunter asked looking up at his dad as he took the book.

"Of course." Kirin said with a smile. He had enrolled his son in several language immersion classes and this would be good for him. He really hoped his son got accepted into this facility.

Hunter grinned and hugged the book to his chest.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM

"So, if you give me your name I can talk to my wife tonight and see where we're at with the application," Myles spoke as he returned from the phone call. He wasn't going to let the man know that he was going to tell Tracy to accept the man. Some people had taken offense to it before when he decided to make a judgment call. They acted like he was doing it out of pity when it was not the case. Myles just had a feeling that this boy would benefit from what the daycare had to offer.

Meanwhile, Charlie arrived at her apartment in time to greet a burly old man standing by her usual parking spot. Though he looked frightful, Charlie knew the man was just a teddy bear on the inside. She parked her car, careful to not get too close to the man. "Paps, what's up?"

"That damn roommate of yours... Loud... Screeching..." Paps mumbled while shaking his head.

"Sam's practicing with her band again? Sorry, Paps!" Charlie replied, frowning. Sam used to be her best friend during college but lately, the two had seemed to grow apart. "I'll talk to her about it. She told me she was going to go to the shop to practice." Paps grunted before walking off. Charlie sighed and made her way to the apartment behind the parking lot. As she got closer, she could hear the racket that Paps was complaining about.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 06-07-2018, 01:07 PM

"Of course." Kirin said smiling as he wrote down his name and number.

Hunter was already reading his book as he sat on his dad's lap. He was enjoying it a lot.

"Hey kiddo it's time to get going."

"Awww but..."

"No buts. You can finish reading the book when we get home." Kirin said with a smile.

Hunter let out a sigh but closed his book and stood up. "Thank you for the book. And the orange." He said Myles as he took his dads hand.

"Yes thank you." Kirin said with a smile as the two headed home.