lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:48 AM

Hello everybody! I'm Lydia and after seeing Cherry Flavored Antacid's choose your own adventure thread I decided (after asking permission) to set up my own in the same style. This is pretty much the same thing, but now its a zombie invasion. The rules are the same and the set-up is the same.
Choose-your-own-adventure
Below is the set-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
Have you ever read one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books and thought the choices for what you could do were lame? Wished you could do something entirely different? Maybe you wanted to forget about slaying the dragon all together and go to the ice cream parlor. Maybe you wanted to throw a bomb at the dragon. Maybe you wanted to throw a bomb at the ice cream parlor...? Well, now's your chance! In this Choose Your Own Adventure game, you get to write in exactly what you want to do! Interested? Read on...

How to play
It's simple! I write a bit of a story, and then you write what the protagonist (that's all of you! Yes, you're sharing a body. I know it's cramped, do try not to shove) should do next. Keep it brief! Just one sentence, please. Once I've received a few different suggestions, it's time to pick which one I'll be using. If six people have posted what they would like to do next, then I will roll a six-sided die. The number it lands on corresponds to the person whose suggestion will be used (The first person to give a suggestion is 1, the second is 2, etc.). I'll then write another paragraph or two, rinse, repeat!

FAQ

What's in it for me?
Fun, hopefully! This is just a little game, not a big contest, so there will be no lavish prizes. At the end, I may give out some little prizes to people who posted the best/funniest/most creative suggestions (regardless of whether those were randomly chosen or not)

Can I join?
Absolutely!

What should my suggestions look like?
A good suggestion for what the protagonist should do next looks like this:

Your suggestion should be brief and make clear what exactly it is you want the protagonist to do. This is what a bad suggestion looks like:

To do what? This doesn't give me much to work on. On the flip side, this isn't good either:

That's more of a roleplay than a choose your own adventure! What you need to do is give a quick statement of what should be done, and then I tell you what happens as a result. You don't get to control what exactly happens, that's the fun!

How many times can I write a suggestion?
You may write a new suggestion once per story update (when I post the next part of the story).

Can we chat in here?
Absolutely!

Does my suggestion have to be serious?
Absolutely not! I wasn't kidding about that ice cream parlor thing. The sillier the suggestions are, the more fun this becomes!

Last edited by lydia1020; 08-07-2011 at 08:02 AM..

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:50 AM

The Story So Far
1: The beginning of the end

Last edited by lydia1020; 08-07-2011 at 08:01 AM..

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:51 AM

The beginning of the end
You wake up one morning to the sound of pounding on your front door. You decide to take a look at what's going on, and when you open the door a crazed man runs into your house and grabs hold of you, trying to bite at your flesh. You shove him off of you, but he quickly gets up and runs at you again. You turn and run towards your back door, and quickly run out. You turn and run out the front door and then you see the crazed man again, once again coming at you. You jump in your car, lock the doors, only to realize that you forgot the keys. You then pull out your cell phone and dial 911, only to get a busy signal.
A busy signal? From 911?
You look around, trying to figure a way to escape from this crazed person when you notice another crazy walking down the road.
What shall you do?

Last edited by lydia1020; 08-07-2011 at 07:59 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 AM

((Sounds like fun!))

Luckily, having some knowledge on how to hotwire a car thanks to some of your less-savory friends from the past, you quickly got to work and after ten minutes of jabbing wires at each other, manage to start up the car. The crazy man, at this point, is thudding his head again and again against your car window in attempt to crack it open. Thick, dark blood is coming down the side of his face, the man apparently not giving a care that he's also bashing his head open in the process. You quickly decide to get moving.

After pulling your car down the driveway, you look around. There are other people staggering around behaving like the crazed man now ramming at the back of your car. The road down your left leads to the city, while the road on your right leads to a nearby forest. Which way to you go?

lydia1020
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2011, 07:19 PM

hey, could you edit your post, its not supposed to be an rp, its supposed to be more like a choose-your-own-adventure. (I thought there was thing in the first post that said not to treat it like an rp)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 AM

Hm, ok. I wasn't intending on making it an RP, but I guess it's become a habit...

[revised version]:

Hotwire the car and leave the driveway.