SamuraiPanda
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 PM

I sign all of my finished images with my name and the year usually placing it someplace where it would detract from the image if it's been painted over/erased. If I'm particularly proud of an image I will use an overlay watermark and an invisible underlay watermark, also with my name and the year.

zebrastres
ka1eh pa1ge

Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM

i always sign my art with my signature and the date.
it's easier than adding text, and it makes it a tad bit harder for thieves to steal your work.
i try and put it on a spot that wouldn't be easily edited. ;]

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 11-22-2009, 05:27 PM

I try to sign my drawings but I commonly forget. But since this site is popular I put my sign on my doll *points to sig* The reason I put it up is so that no noe will steal it, I don't think anyone would steal my art but you never know.

Kaowaii
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Kaowaii Send a message via Yahoo to Kaowaii

Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 AM

I always sign. I just type my name with my normal font. Nothing special. I also type who i drew, it its a certain person that drew.

TAGRL
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-28-2009, 01:05 PM

I always initial my work and put the last two numbers of the year it was done. but i only initial the good stuff. lol i dont want people knowing its mine if im not proud of it hahahahahaha

Fai
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 PM

I sign everything that I draw. I've just seen too much art theft to not sign. I think it's a good practice no matter how you feel about the piece in question. As for whether it detracts from the value, I think it depends on the size and neatness of the signature. For example if one was to draw an amazing piece, and sign with a large messy signature it would at least be distracting. I sign all of my art Fai, and drop most of them on dA.

xLilNekox
Neko
Send a message via MSN to xLilNekox

Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Every so often when I feel like it, more often on drawings that take me a lot of work and time to do, I'll put "xLNx" (short for xLilNekox) very small near their feet.

seme

Old 12-19-2009, 02:34 AM

I usually sign it if its a commish, but otherwise no :gonk:

vampyredolly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 PM

No and never. I think it ruins the piece (my sign)

betterEvil1
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 AM

I don't really sign my art. When I finish I put my name & the date on the back of it so I know when I drew it and I can prove it if someone steals from me.

Leerah
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2009, 10:26 PM

I usually sign my stuff. And I'll seriously just slap it right onto the art piece. It'll just be my name Lyra kinda swirly/fail cursively and such And then the date right under. It's kinda of on impulse. But that's pretty much just with my sketches.

If it's like a serious art piece and like all nice and whatnot, then I usually just have it signed really really tiny in a corner that doesn't matter, and then on the back really big and how my normal signature is.

Krusadin
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM

I sign stuff that I remember to sign. For those I dont remember to sign in any way I hope for best. I havent experienced art theft yet.

My signatures are usually really tiny and unnoticeable. I try to hide them somewhere in the picture and make them look like part of it.

Radioactive~Sheep
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM

I don't usually sign my art. The only way I sign my art is if it is made specifically for someone else because I don't want them passing off my work as their own. Though normally art I make for myself is tailor made and can't really be used for anyone else so I don't really see the point of signing it because I find that it detracts from the picture a little.
When I do sign art though my signature is small and in the bottom right corner, either in black or white depending on the background. I don't make it dominate the picture but I make it noticeable enough to see so there are no doubts about who made it.
My art is very special to me so theft is a huge thing, luckily I have had no trouble with it yet, I think its because my art is not mainstream and is speacilly designed for certain people, mostly its things that only one person could find a use for.
Though with all the stuff going on in my life my art takes me a while to make up to my standards so I think thats why I am so protective of it, if I could bash it out in half an hour maybe things would be different but it can take anything from two days to a week to finish up a peice.

purplejesseh
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 AM

I sign my stuff but I don't have a nice signature xP
I sign small and below the main focus mostly so I don't distract from the work

Rainbows
Transcendental
Send a message via AIM to Rainbows

Old 01-30-2010, 05:23 AM

Ohhh.. I sign things. It's become a habit, and I don't think it takes away from the art if you don't sign obnoxiously. Having a signature on an origanal piece of art makes it's clear who did it, I think. =x
Some of the signatures I've found on my things (copied and cut from various places):

@_@; I usually sign with Merr (nickname) or Rainy (from my username here and other sites) depending on my mood, or Ti when I'm doing gaia art. >_o

Volhound
The Face of Mercy.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:00 PM

I usually sign my art, but depends on how nice it is. If it was something done quickly, I'll probably just leave it without a signature, but if it was something that took a while then I'll be sure to sign it.

TejinaShinsen
phailing Ebil Dollie scientist
Send a message via AIM to TejinaShinsen

Old 02-03-2010, 11:11 PM

I sign my stuff. It's a force of habit I got into with my writing. Though with my pixel and dolling work I just put my initials on it.

example: the little red marking under the gwee

Heihachi hayashida
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-06-2010, 07:39 AM

I don't usually sign things text is naturally distracting anyway. I don't really care about art theifs because they don't have the skill to back up their lies. I don't want to put an obscure scribble or symbol on it either because if no one can read or understand it there's no point in having it at all

LenGe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 AM

I don't sign my drawings usually but when I do it's kust my initials that are interlinked together.

LVHAXOR
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-13-2010, 09:25 PM

i sign mine

llMerill
Leo

Old 02-18-2010, 04:46 PM

i usually do. but sometimes i'm too lazy or if the drawing end sup ugly, i don't.. XD

Shiruvya
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shiruvya Send a message via MSN to Shiruvya Send a message via Yahoo to Shiruvya

Old 02-19-2010, 08:56 AM

My sign is usually a little symbol but I don't incorporate it into my art like some people do and I don't draw attention to it with an underline or anything, I usually place it out of the way like in a corner. It also helps to make it thin and in a lighter colour. Mine is just a symbol like I said though. I invented it by overlapping the letters in my alias one on top of another. It doesn't have to be your name if you just want it so that people who already recognize you as an artist can tell what is your work. If you are trying to get your actual name out and have it relate more to the person than the artist though it has to be more specific and perhaps hiding it a it wouldn't be what you're going for. Just my two cents. I also highly suggest against watermarking.

mishi-hime
Drow Elf Priestess

Old 02-24-2010, 08:36 AM

you have to sign because of the crazy rampant art theft. *cough cough* DA is notorious for it. here's my sig

Wavi
Awesome doesn't even begin to ex...

Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 AM

....sometimes. Ha ha! It depends if I remember too.

If I do, I usually hide it. I like to make it hard for someone to erase. So i place it in "hidden" places. Why? If anyone were to try and steal my work, I could find my "hidden" signature and get them in trouble. Sometimes you just gotta play dirty. ;)

Snort Like A Pig
Stay fine.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 AM

I would definitely sign it if I were you. It's not like distracting or anything, for me it just proves that I drew it. Ha ha. Doesn't matter how you sign it either as long as your art is the center of attention. :mrgreen: