Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 11-01-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Hmm...I wish I took pictures of my food instead of just making recipes. I think I only have like 2 pictures of my food and neither are especially spooky- much more suited to just eating.

I brew alcohol and liquors, what category would those be in if I can include them as well? I can take pictures of those pretty easily.
Those would be in the appetizer/drink category. :3

Sagitar- cute! well, in a creepy sort of way. xD

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM

@Sagitar - Oooh those are cool. I seen a similiar recipe online, but it was made with cookie dough :)

xayuk

Old 11-01-2009, 02:52 PM

cool

i love spooky threats wohoooo

Last edited by Melody; 11-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: double post

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 03:12 PM

hey xayuk- I'm glad you like the idea, but please keep Menewsha TOS and Rules in mind while posting. Double posting isn't allowed on the forums save for special circumstances. I've merged your post. <3

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-01-2009, 03:18 PM

Okay, this is something that my little sister has been wanting to make for a long time, and so I thought I would include this in the food art category (where I would assume it goes, since you don't actually eat it).

Feast your Eyes
Username: Rabid Rainbow
Link to entry: Enter if you dare!
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?: Well, as you can see it is a haunted gingerbread house. We found the recipe/instructions in an American Girl holiday book that I have and my little sister has been wanting to make it for a long time. The house is 2 half gallon drink cartons (like Minute Maid orange juice) covered in chocolate graham crackers with white gel icing for the brickwork, and the towers are paper towel rolls covered in chocolate icing with chocolate covered ice cream cones as the points. The ghosts are nutter butters covered with white icing and have mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth. The tombstones are Milano cookies with orange icing for the RIPs and the BOOs. Chocolate wafers covered in chocolate icing and trimmed with orange icing are the windows and door, the pathway is Cocoa Pebbles lined with candy corn pumpkins, the fence is broken pretzel rods, and the trees (which are kinda hard to see) are split black licorice stuck in peanut butter cups. And the ground has crumbled chocolate graham cracker for dirt.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Rainbow View Post
Okay, this is something that my little sister has been wanting to make for a long time, and so I thought I would include this in the food art category (where I would assume it goes, since you don't actually eat it).

Feast your Eyes
Username: Rabid Rainbow
Link to entry: Enter if you dare!
Describe your piece, what food items are represented?: Well, as you can see it is a haunted gingerbread house. We found the recipe/instructions in an American Girl holiday book that I have and my little sister has been wanting to make it for a long time. The house is 2 half gallon drink cartons (like Minute Maid orange juice) covered in chocolate graham crackers with white gel icing for the brickwork, and the towers are paper towel rolls covered in chocolate icing with chocolate covered ice cream cones as the points. The ghosts are nutter butters covered with white icing and have mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth. The tombstones are Milano cookies with orange icing for the RIPs and the BOOs. Chocolate wafers covered in chocolate icing and trimmed with orange icing are the windows and door, the pathway is Cocoa Pebbles lined with candy corn pumpkins, the fence is broken pretzel rods, and the trees (which are kinda hard to see) are split black licorice stuck in peanut butter cups. And the ground has crumbled chocolate graham cracker for dirt.
impressive! xD

Rabid Rainbow
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-01-2009, 03:25 PM

Thanks. =3

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Oh I am seriously going to try and enter this.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 04:13 PM

Sweet! can't wait to see what you enter. :3

Kohanaa
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Kohanaa

Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 PM

Spooky TrEATS
Username:Kohanaa

What is it/how was it created?
RAINBOW MUFFINS. I have made these a few times, the first was becuase my friend loves rainbows. These are made with a muffin mix and then we added food coloing. To get the rainbows to go side to side we used some project board type of material and used it as a divider.

Last edited by Kohanaa; 11-01-2009 at 05:48 PM..

Lexta
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lexta

Old 11-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Oh, I wish I had the culinary skills to make a killer cake. My mom is a cake decorator and I love baking and decorating cakes like she does. But I'm mostly not good. Maybe I'll draw out a spooky cake instead. I can draw. ^^

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohanaa View Post
Spooky TrEATS
Username:Kohanaa

What is it/how was it created?
RAINBOW MUFFINS. I have made these a few times, the first was becuase my friend loves rainbows. These are made with a muffin mix and then we added food coloing. To get the rainbows to go side to side we used some project board type of material and used it as a divider.
I don't see the image. ^^;;

Neyor
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-01-2009, 07:27 PM

I see the image, and they look awesome. :D I love rainbows too. <3

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-01-2009, 07:35 PM

weird, they weren't showing up before. xD

~charades
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 PM

I am intrigued! I may have to join in on this fun. *evil grin*

`Pteropus vampyrus

Old 11-01-2009, 10:24 PM

My food is always scary looking......because I test spices in my ramen.

PHWAOR! RAINBOW MUFFINS! *attacks them*

Last edited by DariaMorgendorfer; 11-01-2009 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Double posts

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 AM

Ohh those rainbow muffins look awesome ^^
Oh and also that haunted house is pretty frekkin cool.
My stuff would never beat that xD.

Maybe you should have made a rule that people have to put their usernames in the photo, like a lil sign or something. To prove they made it *nods*.

Last edited by Roachi; 11-02-2009 at 03:36 AM..

Karix
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 AM

I may do this :]
-subscribe-

Kohanaa
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Ohh those rainbow muffins look awesome ^^
Oh and also that haunted house is pretty frekkin cool.
My stuff would never beat that xD.

Maybe you should have made a rule that people have to put their usernames in the photo, like a lil sign or something. To prove they made it *nods*.
oo to bad i can't do that anymore or i would... but i do have people who saw me make it

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-02-2009, 07:06 AM

Oh don't mind me lol. I guess im just suspicious xD. Prob due to cheaters in a similiar contest i hosted on another site. :) But anyways, that house was pretty neat ^^

Kohanaa
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Oh don't mind me lol. I guess im just suspicious xD. Prob due to cheaters in a similiar contest i hosted on another site. :) But anyways, that house was pretty neat ^^
lol yea i thought it was too

it's going to beat mine of course.. i just put mine up .. i thought they were cool

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM

I think your muffins were pretty awesome *nods*
I would have no idea how to do that xDD

HamatoKameko
Monster

Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 PM

*brainstorms and starts building a shopping list in her head*

I swear I've spent more money on baking ingredients this week than I have on regular groceries in god-knows-how long. XD

Edit: Holy smokes, those rainbow muffins are amazing!!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM

I'd considered making people put name signs in there, but I never remember to take pictures with signs in. xD So I can't really expect others to. I can hope for an honor code, and hope that people know that I will be checking things against other sites to make sure they're not stealing. :3

Hamato- I can't wait to see what you come up with!
around the holidays (Halloween- New Years) I end up baking a lot too. xD And getting everything to decorate the baked goods sometimes takes more money than the amount it took to make the main baked part. ^^;;

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 11-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Fair enough Melody :)

I have to wait till pay day to make anything :(, i just hope my stuff can live up to the awesome stuff that's been presented so far :)