CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-17-2011, 02:22 AM

Ah, summer. It's many a kid's favorite season due to the sole fact of it being the few months that they get off from school. We do all kinds of things in the summer. I remember it was summer when I first joined up with Menewsha! ^^ But anyway, to all of you Menewshans out there, do you have a favorite summer memory? Or do you have multiple? And on that note, are any of those memories from this summer?

My favorite's from this summer. ^^ I went to a wedding just a short time ago, and it was the most fun I've ever had in a while. It was so fun and uplifting. And I hadn't danced like no one was watching in a while, and I did. Danced in the rain, even. ^^ My second is probably watching local fireworks with my family. Being able to lean back and look up at the fireworks is really, really cool. Both happened this summer, actually. It's been a really good summer on my end.

What about you guys?

Abduco
I don't know what I'm doing
Send a message via AIM to Abduco

Old 08-17-2011, 02:34 AM

Back in June I went to Lake of the Ozarks and rented a nice house for a week, something we do every year. Always my favorite trip of the year.

Just the simple things about that trip. The day we got there, turning on TV and watching the end of that bee movie, and sleeping in the same bed with my cousins that night. Then getting up the next morning excited about getting into the lake and tubing. On Tuesday, we went into town and bought souvenirs. I also brought my Nintendo 64 and watched my cousin fail at playing Ocarina of Time - she never played before. Then flipping through the channels and my cousin stopped me and said, "HEY! I like that show!" and made me turn back. The show was The Nanny.. and now it's my favorite show ever because of that - thank you cousin <3. It turned out that channel had a marathon of it every night that week too! So my favorite memory was going to bed every night, turning on the TV to The Nanny, and every commercial break, turning and looking out the huge window by my bed. The window had a beautiful view of the lake at night - all the lights of houses along the lake, and seeing their reflections on the water. I still remember it vividly. Then on Thursday night we all watched an 80's movie called The Lost Boys. And I remember my younger cousin being afraid to sleep that night, haha.
On the final night when it was pitch dark outside and everyone asleep but us, my cousin finally had the final battle with Ganon, where the game is also pitch dark except for all the fire and his tail.

I loved every moment of it.. except when I burnt myself with my instyler - I still have the scar from it 2 months later.

Also after my first surgery ever, the relief after I woke up and realizing I was alive still :XD I was terrified.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-17-2011, 03:02 AM

Abduco: Wow, that must've been amazing. ^^ I went to the beach a few times this summer, but that sounds so cool- especially the view. I wish I could've seen that. ^^ Oh! The Nanny! I think I know which show you're talking about. I watch it sometimes with my dad, since Mom's usually asleep, and it's on late. XD It's so funny. LoZ is pretty fun to watch, too. Gosh, I haven't played that game in ages... I have the game cube version.

Ooh, getting burned is no fun. Though, what's an instyler?

o.o Surgery isn't much fun either... My mom had to have surgery a few summers back. I can't even imagine what that's like... *shudders*

Abduco

Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 AM

You should re-play it =D

It's like this weird hair straightener.. except you can style your hair anyway you want with it, it's cool. Instead of 2 hot plates like a normal straightener, one side is a brush, the other side has the heat and it rotates. Makes my hair really soft. :)

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 AM

Abduco: I will. :D I want to. I'll probably get so much further now then back then. (I was maybe ten when I last played it. >w> I was obsessed with the Island. I think I might've found almost every nook and cranny that you can find at the beginning of the game...)

Oh! That sounds pretty cool. And you can use it for many different hair ideas. Is it easier to handle than a typical straightener? Or is it trickier? :?

Abduco

Old 08-17-2011, 03:25 AM

Ooh, island? You must be talking about the Wind Waker.

At first, I burnt myself a lot D= But I rarely do now. The one during the trip was the only bad one though because I was dumb and was setting it down, and I smacked my leg with it. :cry:
It comes with a manual that gives tips for curling, straightening, and flipping the ends. It's not the cheapest thing though.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-17-2011, 03:33 AM

Abduco: owo Oops. I have Ocarina of Time, too. It came with Wind Waker. *literally just got up and checked her game library* As you can probably tell, I'm not a Legend of Zelda buff. XD Sorry.

Ah, I see. I was just curious. I have curly hair (which my mom says is to die for. -w-') and I'm a little scared to straighten it, cause then it looks really thin. ^^; That's pretty neat that it can do so many things, though.

Abduco

Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 AM

My hair is kinda... crazy to say the least. Really wavy and thick. The instyler is my life saver.

Man we really got off topic lol.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 08-17-2011, 03:39 AM

Abduco: Ah. ^^ Wow. I guess I'm pretty lucky hair-wise then... My hair just goes 'poof' when it gets really warm and humid... It also highlights itself when I'm in the sun. >w> It salon-ifies itself, I guess...

XD Ah, nothing wrong with that. It's still vaguely connected to summer...

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 AM

My favorite summer memory was from just this summer.
The guy I'm in love with finally kissed me. <3

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-17-2011, 06:30 AM

My camping trip with the bf. It was the only great thing this summer. Everything else was just work and school.

Kaylesha Blackheart
Go Go Samurai!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:59 PM

my favorite summer memory.....when I turned 6 and finished Kindergarten, I got a cat for my birthday! Fuzz was a beautiful black with white spot on his neck. He was from the West Germany (before the wall came down even!). He died about 16 1/2 years later.

This is my favorite summer memory but my saddest Christmas memory as he died about a week and a half before Christmas in 2002. RIP Fuzz

redwolfserena - de-activated
Neko-Hime (Kitty)

Old 08-19-2011, 08:18 PM

my favorite memory of this summer was my 17th birthday when we went to indiana for 4 days and stayed with my boyfriend and his family <3 it was a great birthday!!

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM

My family reunion earlier this summer in July- the very first morning when we all were reunited... it had been 15 years since I'd seen my aunt and cousins, 13 years since I'd seen almost everyone else, and I also got to meet my youngest sibling for the first time (she's the daughter of my father and his wife).

My favorite moments of that morning were meeting my Aunt Wendy (my uncle Mychal's wife) and getting doughnuts with them and then arriving at my grandfather's house and seeing my grandfather weep on my mum's shoulder (it had been 13 years since he'd seen my mum); technically she's not his daughter-in-law any longer but he still loves her so much that it made him cry for joy to see her. That, for me, was amazing to see... And as awful as I sound, it was a bonus that it made my dad's wife jealous. :twisted:

Nonsensical
Keeper of Keeps

Old 08-23-2011, 11:24 PM

I think my favorite summer memory is from elementary school. Somewhere during then, I was invited to go to Disney World with a friend. It had been my first time going there, having a trip with another family, and staying in such a nice hotel. Speaking of the hotel, there was once this person in the pool that we watched from our window. We were really high up too so we thought they couldn't see us (or that there would be a glare or something), but they actually waved. Seeing that, we got all giggly and hid behind the curtains. But I think that was also the trip I got a terrible burn on. It hurt to touch, move, even sleep on! When I got back, my mom said something about maybe even going to a hospital.

lightkanna
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 PM

I attended my sister wedding three years ago, since it was summer and all. It was quite fun, I had an exhilarate time. We ate pizza, went to her house, played with her daughter, slept and watch anime. Then when it was time for the wedding, since I was there for a three or four days, we got ready and she was the most gorgeous bride ever. ^^ I'm glad I went. Other then that, that probably is the only good summer I can remember. =/

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 AM

My favourite memory from this summer would be my best friend's seventeenth birthday. We went ice skating in the afternoon, which was my first time going and it was really fun, and then we had a barbecue and a drink/camping experience in the woods where she lives (she doesn't live in the woods, the woods just happen to be in the town she lives in xDD).

That was by far the best memory, the fun that was had, the drink that was consumed, the food that was eaten and the x-rated peep show my boyfriend and I provided proves for some verrrry funny memories. xD

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Now that I've spent some time in college, I really miss those warm summer nights that I'd go crazy with the friends, drink boba, and get lost in the bliss of freedom.

Liquid Diamond
Ich bin die morgen stern!

Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 PM

My favourite summer memory was falling in love for the first time :)
It gives me warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about it!

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Aww Liquid, that sounds so sweet. Are you two still together? :)

Liquid Diamond

Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 PM

We are!!!
It was the best summer of my life. I was 15 and young... never felt like it before.
I was so.. alive! The butterflies were so intense!
(he was older too, heehe) ^^

Many years later we still love each other, but its a different kind of love.
Do you know what I'm talking about?

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 08:06 PM

Oh wow, that is so wonderful. If you don't mind my asking, how old are you now?
Are you talking about the type of love that is so profound and you feel as though it could never be replicated in another person?

Liquid Diamond

Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 PM

I'm turning 21 in a few months. He just turned 26.

Yea! that kind of love... I mean, its not new and fresh and exciting anymore, but its turned into something
thats so deep and profound.
I'm not giddy around him anymore, but I cherish and revere him on another level.

But that giddy feeling... thats what I had that summer. Though I no longer feel that, its still a nice memory.

Nacara
*^_^*

Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM

Oh wow! 6 years! Congratulations~
Sometimes I worry that one day the feeling won't be there when I look at Daniel, but then he catches me staring at him and does something to make my heart feel like it'll burst from excitement and affection. He deploys in a few short months and I fear that he'll take my ability to breathe with him. I hate knowing that soon he'll be in Afghanistan for over a year and I will hardly get to hear from him. Just the thought of separation breaks my heart :(

Liquid Diamond

Old 08-29-2011, 08:18 PM

Although its not as severe, Richard lived halfway across the country until a year ago. We only saw eachother in person once a year for a month or 2.
Again, its comparing apples to oranges, but maybe it'll make you feel better knowning that love lasts through any kind of separation and distance! If you think he's the one then hold onto him for as long as you can.

A year goes by pretty fast if you think about it. I think he's very brave for serving and you're very strong for loving him :)