Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-09-2017, 12:46 AM

yea man, it's itchy city when it's fresh like that. i feel like it's the time for tats though. my friend from college was a tattoo apprentice in honolulu for a while and when i went to visit him he claimed my left arm as i want a half sleeve, have for a long time. he doesn't even do that anymore and i'm sick of waiting so i've been hunting around the area here for a good japanese style artist and i think i've found one! he only books in person so i have to make a time to get over there! i'm excited!

and yes, too long indeed! I've missed ya! and yes... well, that's the story of my life isn't it? but this is my last week of my current term, i have one class left and then my big comprehensive exam (i'm doing this instead of a thesis, you can do either in this program for the same result... should you pass of course). i am supposed to start my last class in two weeks but my student advisor (who is a raging dumb ass btw) just told be last week after i inquired as to why i wasn't signed up for my next class yet, that my program is rearranging how they do the classes and into a rotation schedule as the class count has been low.. or something. he didn't seem sure (dumb ass remember??) soooo i have to wait to take this last class until october as that is now the earliest it is available. which in turn pushes back my graduation date. i am not pleased with this situation... or that fucker

anyhoo! i am currently trying to get this assignment in before midnight, but i'll pop back in here in a little bit.
what have you been up to? how are things with kat? speaking of cat's, how's yours? still working in management?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-09-2017, 12:55 AM

yep so much itching. but i found myself still planning my next ones after that. but i mean i still really want a watercolor tattoo which all of those require traveling really.

i've missed you too. i keep thinking about popping in and then just forgetting.
oh god that's a nightmare. i'm so glad nothing like that ever really happened to me in school and the one time it did i completely changed minors cuz i wasn't gonna have it extended for a semester so i could take the one class i needed. XD

mostly just work for me still. and yep still doing the same grind at CFA. it's frustrating most days but can be rewarding in moments, i guess.
kat's good. she and i just finished doing nano here on mene. so 50k words written between us in a month in our rps. so that was one.
and my cat is ever the twerp.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 AM

oh gosh, water color tattoos are so amazing!

and don't worry about forgetting. that's about the only thing i am good at these days

smart changing the minor as that is well... minor lol i just wished they had waited one more term, i mean really, man! maybe this is the universe's way of telling me i need a break as i consistently turned in everything at the absolute last minute each week this term. the senioritis has been kicked in high gear this time.

congrats on the 50k! i never did one of those, but then i wrote more when i found myself writing for fun and creatively. now it's all writing about research and other peoples ideas in behaviorism not much creativity going on in this sciencey field, that's for sure!

yay for kat roommates and cat twerps!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-09-2017, 08:38 PM

they are! i really want to get a black stylized deathly hallows with the colors of the four houses in watercolor style behind it. just to kinda honor how much fandom has meant to me over the years and harry potter is where it all started.

yep. so I've got a spanish minor and can only kinda speak spanish. and kinda is probably being generous.
yeahhhh that sucks cuz you just want to be done but you can't be. but a break will maybe also help.

i've only ever done them with kat through our rps and it's fun. and i think it achieved the main goal for me, which is to get me writing regularly again.
trust me, i know the feel. i used to write nothing but research papers for classes. and those are an entire different beast.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-10-2017, 09:11 PM

oh i bet that tattoo would look so awesome!! if you do get it you better show meh!

spanish as a minor makes sense considering where you live, like french is something that is common on maine, especially northern maine. one of my oldest friends/ex-roommates is from way up north, or 'the county' as they call it, and they spoke french in their schools up there in elementary.

i've had time to come to terms with the break so i've moved on and actually welcome it. i want to finish strong of course so maybe this will help get me out of my senioritis slump.

i'm glad that even without all the research and paper writing that you still enjoy writing, so kudos!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-10-2017, 10:49 PM

i definitely will!

yeah and like i understand enough. but i really really can't speak it.
i did not think french would be spoke in maine. i mean i associate that with canada, but i guess y'all are right next door

haha. use it as a reboot definitely, but don't let yourself get too lazy.

lol yeah. i actually miss writing the research papers. which is a thing that's strange but true

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-11-2017, 01:33 AM

Hey hey hey. Sorry quick question, whats the origin of the golden orchid? How was it acquired during the event?

edit: also, check your trades.

Last edited by Wonderlands; 08-11-2017 at 01:44 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-12-2017, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Writing View Post
i definitely will!

yeah and like i understand enough. but i really really can't speak it.
i did not think french would be spoke in maine. i mean i associate that with canada, but i guess y'all are right next door

haha. use it as a reboot definitely, but don't let yourself get too lazy.

lol yeah. i actually miss writing the research papers. which is a thing that's strange but true
oh yea, french is definitely more common here than any other language, although spanish is surprisingly taught a lot more in schools down in the southern part of the state. i always found that rather strange considering where we live.

you actually MISS research papers? oh please tell me why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlands View Post
Hey hey hey. Sorry quick question, whats the origin of the golden orchid? How was it acquired during the event?

edit: also, check your trades.
so the golden orchid was given out after a phoenix jubilee event like a year ago i believe. it was like some sort of random gift for doing something clearly i missed that opportunity!

also, thank you for the gifty! i love me some shoesies! you are very kind to help my questing!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-12-2017, 02:08 AM

yeah. it's spanish here, but we're right next door to mexico so makes sense.
i think i'd rather spanish than french though.

haha. i think it's a mixture of things. one i was unquestionably good at it. like, i could write a mean research paper.
two it was just fun to pick something from a piece of literature focus on it and then pick it apart.
i liked the process, i just didn't like that they were for grades or the research i had to do to write them. and like i still sometimes do stuff like that. for meta for fandom and stuff but it's different a bit.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-12-2017, 02:21 AM

i took french in high school and in college they offered spanish my senior year so i took that for shiggles. i like french better though, i love the way it sounds

i don't do much picking apart of research, i end up having to use others research to support my claims in interventions and treatment plans. i think using research to create better fiction is different, i dig that!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-12-2017, 02:31 AM

i really don't like how french sounds. though not much on spanish either. i tend to like harder sounding languages like german or korean.
but i also just don't like how french is like here's all these letters we pronounce two of them. at least spanish pronounces all the letters in a word

well it's not creating better fiction. basically it's like you read a novel or a poem. decide some meaning you see it and decide how that relates to the whole of research in english. and then you go and find research to back that up and to argue against. that was also the fun part. when you're arguing something about a novel that's never been argued before (like i argued the importance of deism and paganism in the color purple even though literally no one had ever mentioned that), you get to go, 'well this is the normal arguments and here's why they're wrong'

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-12-2017, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
oh yea, french is definitely more common here than any other language, although spanish is surprisingly taught a lot more in schools down in the southern part of the state. i always found that rather strange considering where we live.

you actually MISS research papers? oh please tell me why?

so the golden orchid was given out after a phoenix jubilee event like a year ago i believe. it was like some sort of random gift for doing something clearly i missed that opportunity!

also, thank you for the gifty! i love me some shoesies! you are very kind to help my questing!
Ahh I see! I missed most of that event haha. So saaaaame. Good luck getting it! 30k in the MP, ouch.

You're welcome, you're so close!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-12-2017, 03:13 AM

Quote:
i really don't like how french sounds. though not much on spanish either. i tend to like harder sounding languages like german or korean.
but i also just don't like how french is like here's all these letters we pronounce two of them. at least spanish pronounces all the letters in a word

well it's not creating better fiction. basically it's like you read a novel or a poem. decide some meaning you see it and decide how that relates to the whole of research in english. and then you go and find research to back that up and to argue against. that was also the fun part. when you're arguing something about a novel that's never been argued before (like i argued the importance of deism and paganism in the color purple even though literally no one had ever mentioned that), you get to go, 'well this is the normal arguments and here's why they're wrong'
it's true french does that but it doesn't bother me i guess...? never thought about it, just accepted those silent little buggers

and well i guess i was just referring to writers of fiction who use research to create whatever it is they create in a realistic way, not necessarily what it is you like to do, but i see your point and more power to ya! that sounds a bit daunting, but then i've never been into debating things, like, literally ever i wrote a paper once in my under grad years in a fiction class i was taking where i just pointed out all the references to greek mythology in harry potter. that is so heavily implied in many ways that it's no real big surprise or anything, but i love that pantheon and harry potter so it was actually fun to do the research for that and find similarities. that's not quite the same as you're saying i don't think, but that's as close to your reference to The Color Purple as i'm going to get i reckon :P

speaking of that book reminds me of the author toni morrison. have you ever read Song of Solomon? (it comes to mind because my friend was reading the color purple back at the same time i was reading song of solomon and so i always connect those two now for some reason) but i think you might like it although i'm sure religion is something that has probably been talked about in regards to that book, but it was very good and i bet you could find somethings to argue

Quote:
Ahh I see! I missed most of that event haha. So saaaaame. Good luck getting it! 30k in the MP, ouch.

You're welcome, you're so close!
why thank you! i've been saving my goldies for quite some time so i am ready for whenever it does pop into the market. i've got my eyes open for all four things in my siggy! someday!
it took me a long time to get all the old event rares so i know i'll get these other things at some point!

and yes! i am so close, but since really most of my questing is in the commons now i tend to put that off in case the big ticket items pop up there will always be something i want here. the commons get more updates too so i need to find time to sift through the shops again and update it's funny because i don't much like shopping in real life but i like mene shopping

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-12-2017, 10:44 PM

i like all the letters to be pronounced, but again. i think that goes back to me finding harder languages more beautiful than the softer ones (which is quietly literally the opposite of the rest of the population)

Yeah that's a different type of thing and more something like a Creative writing major would do than an English major.
I mean that's the very basics of it. But you get more in depth and more nit-picky the further into your degree you get, you know how it goes.
And like I was known as labyrinth girl in my department, cuz i could find a labyrinth in just about anything and make an amazing argument about what that said about the narrative. And it all started with a paper i wrote about Doctor Who and Greek Mythology. So you know. It's there. XD, but you just can't laundry list things, you have to say why it's important and why people should care about what you're saying.

I have not read Song of Solomon. Though I have had it recommended to me many times. I have read Beloved by Toni Morrison though

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 08-13-2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
it's true french does that but it doesn't bother me i guess...? never thought about it, just accepted those silent little buggers

and well i guess i was just referring to writers of fiction who use research to create whatever it is they create in a realistic way, not necessarily what it is you like to do, but i see your point and more power to ya! that sounds a bit daunting, but then i've never been into debating things, like, literally ever i wrote a paper once in my under grad years in a fiction class i was taking where i just pointed out all the references to greek mythology in harry potter. that is so heavily implied in many ways that it's no real big surprise or anything, but i love that pantheon and harry potter so it was actually fun to do the research for that and find similarities. that's not quite the same as you're saying i don't think, but that's as close to your reference to The Color Purple as i'm going to get i reckon :P

speaking of that book reminds me of the author toni morrison. have you ever read Song of Solomon? (it comes to mind because my friend was reading the color purple back at the same time i was reading song of solomon and so i always connect those two now for some reason) but i think you might like it although i'm sure religion is something that has probably been talked about in regards to that book, but it was very good and i bet you could find somethings to argue

why thank you! i've been saving my goldies for quite some time so i am ready for whenever it does pop into the market. i've got my eyes open for all four things in my siggy! someday!
it took me a long time to get all the old event rares so i know i'll get these other things at some point!

and yes! i am so close, but since really most of my questing is in the commons now i tend to put that off in case the big ticket items pop up there will always be something i want here. the commons get more updates too so i need to find time to sift through the shops again and update it's funny because i don't much like shopping in real life but i like mene shopping
Haha wow that must be a good feeling, I hope someone throws one up there soon! Youre a hard worker haha. Definitely, its totally doable but might just take time.

Yeah that's fair enough. It's not like the commons are going anywhere and you never know what might happen. Its good to be prepared.

ALL SHOPPING IS GOOD SHOPPING!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-15-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
i like all the letters to be pronounced, but again. i think that goes back to me finding harder languages more beautiful than the softer ones (which is quietly literally the opposite of the rest of the population)

Yeah that's a different type of thing and more something like a Creative writing major would do than an English major.
I mean that's the very basics of it. But you get more in depth and more nit-picky the further into your degree you get, you know how it goes.
And like I was known as labyrinth girl in my department, cuz i could find a labyrinth in just about anything and make an amazing argument about what that said about the narrative. And it all started with a paper i wrote about Doctor Who and Greek Mythology. So you know. It's there. XD, but you just can't laundry list things, you have to say why it's important and why people should care about what you're saying.

I have not read Song of Solomon. Though I have had it recommended to me many times. I have read Beloved by Toni Morrison though
i guess that's why i've always liked the more creative and less not-picky aspects of writing, but there's something for everyone :P

and that seems like the big difference in how my thought process works in that, i guess i am selfish in that i don't care if other people should care about it or not, but as long as i do lol i suppose that is why i was never an english major, but i did take a lot of creative writing classes and reading classes pertaining to fiction, and i take it lighter... ro something. it's 2;30 am here so i'm a little outta my head. ALTHOUGH! i finished the paper.. only 6 days late i don't even care anymore. i just want to not think about things for a while.... which won't happen as i have to go to work and apply this stuff every day starting in about ooooh 5 hours, give or take a half hour.

hope you had a nice weekend!

Quote:
Haha wow that must be a good feeling, I hope someone throws one up there soon! Youre a hard worker haha. Definitely, its totally doable but might just take time.

Yeah that's fair enough. It's not like the commons are going anywhere and you never know what might happen. Its good to be prepared.

ALL SHOPPING IS GOOD SHOPPING!
haha thank you! i am nothing if not a tad bit obsessed haha

so what is your favorite thing to shop for?
me, well i love me some book stores!... and shoes!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Life got real busy for me for a couple days.
I was sick, and then I was out of town for a coupe days (seeing an amazing kpop concert!), and now there's you know. Wide spread flooding in Houston

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-29-2017, 08:24 PM

oh did you see another different kpop concert than the other one you were telling me about?

i hope you didn't get much of the flooding

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-29-2017, 08:39 PM

yeah i went to see the group called Seventeen. which are just an amazing dance group. it was a ton of fun!

we were incredibly lucky. especially given the scale of the devastation around us. no flooding in any of our houses or apartments. we ended up kinda stranded in our neighborhood for a couple days (i'm at my parents) but no property damage and we had power the whole time. so we were incredibly lucky.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-30-2017, 03:37 PM

why is it called seventeen? are there seventeen of them?

and that is extremely lucky. i'm glad you and your family are safe

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-30-2017, 03:42 PM

No. It's the dumbest thing. There's 13 of them. 3 subunits. 1 group. And all that adds up to 17.

yeah. i'm still kinda flabbergasted by all the devastation in areas around us. i live in an area that's basically high ground and even we had flooding like we've never flooded before.
and there's one place that got over 51 inches of rain in 72-hours. That's a years worth of rain in 3 days. (average rainfall for houston is 50 inches) like. it's just crazy.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-06-2017, 04:27 AM

hey so i liked that song. i find that a lot of the K stuff i've listened to i don't generally feel drawn to a lot of it, but that piqued my interest! it was like the right amount of poppy sound while still being catchy and interesting.

that's crazy though, a year's worth?! insane! has it gone down much?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 09-06-2017, 04:54 AM

Hahah. Unfortunately that song is a bit unique for them. Like I love their overall sound but in general they're pretty pop. But that's they're most recent song so maybe they'll continue to move to that more middle ground.

Here it's gone down. But we're in one the her highest spots that clears out first. Lots of houses damaged in the area but repair work has started. Down south of us is now flooding as water runs into the rivers that run to the ocean. Also parts of Katy and downtown Houston are still flooded or flooding. It's gonna be a long time before everything is completely normal here.

Channah
Purple Peril
NPC

Old 09-09-2017, 01:30 PM

So nice to see you youngsters keeping up with your conversations in more than abbreviations.

Mind helping spread the word of http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-auctions.html ?

I sent a little something your way.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-12-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Hahah. Unfortunately that song is a bit unique for them. Like I love their overall sound but in general they're pretty pop. But that's they're most recent song so maybe they'll continue to move to that more middle ground.

Here it's gone down. But we're in one the her highest spots that clears out first. Lots of houses damaged in the area but repair work has started. Down south of us is now flooding as water runs into the rivers that run to the ocean. Also parts of Katy and downtown Houston are still flooded or flooding. It's gonna be a long time before everything is completely normal here.
yea that seems to be like the thing to do so that you can appeal to more people.

and man, it's so terrible all the natural disasters are going on. hopefully there will be a lull soon so that things can calm :/ i am very glad you're ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channah View Post
So nice to see you youngsters keeping up with your conversations in more than abbreviations.

Mind helping spread the word of http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...-auctions.html ?

I sent a little something your way.
sounds good! thanks, channah!