View Poll Results: Are you registered on Pottermore yet?
Yes, I'm in! 32 51.61%
No, not yet. ): 30 48.39%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 PM

yay! Thank you ^.^

*giggles* Oh! What top are you wearing under your cloak? Is it long sleeve or short?

Oh My God. What if we can have umm what where they called... Duels! and House Points!
Oh that would be awesome ^.^

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 PM

You're welcome KC, and Congratulations to those who got in! :D I am NightDream140 (:

I was solving the clues for each day (For fun!) and when I was trying to levitate the quill, I kept hearing Hermione saying 'It's Levi-OH-sar, not Levio-SAR"... XD;

I'm really upset about the accounts being sold too, as it denies the chance for some fans to register, not to mention people who are silly enough to buy them are just being lazy, seeing as the clues aren't that hard, and are actually quite fun to solve.

I've seen loads of screenshots on the official Pottermore's twitter, but basically what I imagine (from what I've seen) is that there's a background relating to the chapter. (I actually had a link of leaked backgrounds for Philosophers Stone but they've all been removed now) And then there's the interactive side to it, so maybe if the background's the great hall, you could be doing the sorting quiz. It's still a little bit murky as to what to expect but I do believe it will be centered around the extra content JK Rowling has talked about.

If you look at this, this aaand this, you might have a better idea. They're all screenshots from Pottermore's twitter. I personally really like the header, and maybe you can guess what each of those circles do.

Also for anyone who's looking to sign up tomorrow:
Quote:
Hopefully you all registered today! If not, tomorrow's clue will be will be between 1:30-4pm BST; 12:30pm-3pm GMT; 8:30am-11am EST and 5:30am-8am PST.
Credit goes to @SnitchSeeker
Tomorrow will be the sixth day, so expect a question about The Half-Blood Prince. I recommend going through and looking at anything related to numbers because all the clues so far have been number related. ^^

Last edited by x-cutie-x-pie-x; 08-04-2011 at 10:00 PM..

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 PM

The Day 6 Clue is live now. Stayed up all night, and managed to catch it, although I stayed up for another reason entirely.
> w >;;

Or honestly for no reason at all.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM

Wah, today's clue is so easy! Make sure to disable any ad blocking software once you've been redirected or you won't see the pretty quill XD

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 01:56 PM

It was wasn't it?
I dashed over to my room to get my book, did the calculations, and almost had a meltdown when it didn't work for me though.
I fogort to add in the 'quill.' at first. And then I managed to overlook removing the 'www.'
x' D

Wulfwynn
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-05-2011, 02:03 PM

I got in on day 2. Had almost forgot about it at work, now I just await my beta key. :squee:

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM

@Popcorn : Oh, I did that a few times when I was registering too. XD;

@Wulfwynn : Congrats =D Last day of the Magical Quill quest tomorrow then they'll start sending out welcome e-mails, hopefully :squee:

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Codette: Under my cloak I have a white pajama top. That's a weird thing to wear but it was the best fit for a shirt, I wanted to try the traditional Hogwarts styled outfit. XD Though I guess a pajama shirt is a weird choice. 8D Never mind my fake wand, though, I can't get my hands on the wizarding set so I had to improvise.

x-cutie-x-pie-x: Nice screenshots! I know the owl is the private message centre, I'm loving the header (very machine-like), and so far it looks fantastic. But you know what else looks fantastic? The "spells" section which we can see exists because it's on the menu. :D

Popcorn, congratulations on getting in! What's your username?

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Somebody teach me how to ping someone? XD

Yeah, they look good don't they! I'm really excited for this. ^^ Just wondering what house is everyone hoping to get into? (:

Last day for signups is less that 10 hours away!
Quote:
Everyone got their @Pottermore accounts? The last chance is in less than 10hrs! (12.30am-3am BST or FRIDAY 7.30PM-10pm EST; 4.30PM-7pm PST)
Credit to @SnitchSeeker once more.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM

@ username ; without the spaces. ;D

I'm hoping for Ravenclaw, in case no one noticed my Menewsha avatar recently. XD I'm dreading the sorting, however, because, well, who doesn't get nervous before a test? I have a few personality traits that fit every House, so I guess it's a matter of luck? I mean, J.K. said she gave the test to a few people (family and friends, I think) and they got sorted to the House she envisioned them in, so my guess is this is going to be pretty accurate and we'll all fit the House we're sorted into. Finger's crossed, though. XD

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Thank you!

Now that you mention it, it is very Ravenclaw like, I like it ;D
From other sorting quizzes I've done, I've usually been placed into Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, but yes about that J.K bit. And I also like the idea of randomly selecting questions from a pool of them, so people are actually placed where they truly belong and not what they think is 'cool'. I've seen terrible sorting quizzes online before. I mean, what does your favourite colour have anything to do with the house? XD;

Projectwolfie
Dr. Livingstone, I presume?

Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Whoo, day 6 is over. One more day left~

Also, I'm hoping Gryffindor. I've always been kind of like that in personality since day 1.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM

Haha, yes, some online quizzes are ridiculous. I'm always placed either in Ravenclaw or Slytherin, but once the last question was "what house do you want to be in?" and I ended up in Hufflepuff because I chose that answer as a joke. XD I'm super excited about the wands as well. I mean, I already know my wood (the wood catalogue is public), but I'm not sure which core would suit me best. I'm sure the cores will be Ollivanders, so that means there are only three (dragon heartstring, unicorn hair and phoenix feather), but I don't think I understand very well which core means what. Still, that's something else to be eager to discover. ^^

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM

makes sense. One of my friends traded me the wizard set for a ci I never wanted but bought anyways -.-' *giggles*
I'm praying for Slytherin! I adore snakes and the creepy ^.^ I figure it's the best house for me. Plus green is my second fav colour. Next to purple.

I wonder if we will go to Ollivanders and choose a wand. I wonder what kind I would have ^.^

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM

I don't mind whichever house I get into, so long as it fits me. :D

Most of the time I take online house tests though, I usually end up in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff. More often Gryffindor, though. xD

I would be a little disappointed if the wand choosing is random. I'd like a bit of a test like for the sorting hat too.

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 04:32 PM

Yes, I hope the 'wand chooses the wizard' still applies to Pottermore, otherwise I'd be a little disappointed too. :( I think they'll be sticking to the Ollivander cores though, I guess Unicorn Hair would probably be best for healing. I'll look into that and see if I can find anything. ^^

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:33 PM

I don't think it'll be random. The wood is chosen according to our date of birth, so since they already have that information, the other thing to choose would be the core. And there's a link to Diagon-Alley on one of the screenshots provided by cutie-x-pie, so my guess is we'll go there to buy ours, and maybe there'll be a small quiz to find our core. Maybe. I hope so. ^^

cutie-x-pie, if you can find anything be sure to let us know! :D

Last edited by NeuzaKC; 08-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: So many typos wth.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 PM

*giggles* I love our little nest of information ^.^

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 04:44 PM

Wahey, I actually did end up finding something! It's fan-made from a roleplaying site, but it looks pretty good to me. It has the 3 Ollivander cores and others too, not to mention wand wood. Right here

To skip to the 3 Ollivander Wand woods;
Quote:
Dragon heartstring(s)
Dragon heartstring is a powerful wand with a lot of magical “heft”. It is not the core you want for subtlety, but for sheer power it is definitely the best. Although it is the most common core among Dark Wizards, Dark Wizards are most certainly not their most common users. Dragon heartstrings are by far the most common wand core amongst Slytherins, but their power often bonds to Gryffindors and Ravenclaws as well. However, they tend to overwhelm the archetypal Hufflepuff personality.

Phoenix tail feather(s)
Phoenix tail feather is a popular wand core due to its versatility and power. Its main strength lies in Defense Against the Dark Arts, although its adaptability can wrench it to hexes and jinxes if need be. As with the dragon heartstring core, the phoenix core is common amongst Light Wizards, but its users are not necessarily Light Wizards. This core may specifically impede Dark spells, so it is not common amongst Slytherins. However, it is by far the most common Gryffindor wand core, and is not unusual amongst Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs.

Unicorn hair(s)
Unicorn hair is a more subtle wand, but it is quite compatible with Charms and Transfiguration. It is also hands-down the best core for healing, as it picks up some of the healing capabilities of unicorn blood. Unicorn hair has a reputation of picking gentler or more cerebral users, so it is common amongst Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. More laid-back Gryffindors and subtler Slytherins may find themselves with a Unicorn hair wand.
Source: Wizarding Realm

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM

That generally fits, considering all three heroes have the three different wand cores. I wouldn't say Ron is cerebral (haha poor kid) but overall it does seem to fit. And I do say I like the way they described my wand wood, Alder. I still don't know which wand would fit me, probably unicorn hair, but either way all three cores have very interesting properties. (:

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 08-05-2011, 05:44 PM

I'm not sure what wood suit me, but for cores I'm more Unicorn Hair than the other two, although Phoenix feather may fit too. We'll just have to see ;P

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM

Hm. After reading that, I feel a Billywig Stinger would suit me better than the other three. ;D

Quote:
Billywig stinger(s):
Billywig stingers are not common in Britain, but are occasionally imported from Australia, the native habitat of the Billywig. Billywig wands bond almost exclusively to light-hearted pranksters, and are extremely capricious- at one moment it will produce the strongest Cheering Charm in the school, but another time it will object to being used as a potion stirrer and siphon up hours of work without so much as a by-your-leave. When they do bond to a witch or wizard, they tend to be of Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.
Neat site, cutie! Thanks for sharing that link. :)

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Woods are chosen according to birthdate, so there's not much choosing there. XD Harry has holly because he was born between June and July. I think it's interesting how J.K. used a catalogue for the wand wood. :D

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 08-05-2011, 06:09 PM

oohhh I wonder what my wood will be for July 20th...

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 PM

Codette, yours is also holly. ^^

(source: jkrowling.com)

I took this from the site, it's the catalogue she used for the wood wands. Mine is Alder, as I was born on April 6th, so between March and April. Hermione's wood is Vine and Ron's is Ash, if I have their birthdates right. I might be off, but Hermione was born on September 14th and Ron in March, the 1st, I believe. I don't understand what the words in parentheses mean, though. Does anyone know?