Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesuchan
I love Harvest Moon XD
it is oddly entertaining
X3

Ooooh! agreed! Odd is the right word >w<

Ah no, I don't think so

Because, In MFoMT, it is possible to have your child grow up (but only to the point of a toddler) =x

I researched a bit xD

I'm planning on perhaps marrying the Kappa o3o <3 Though I have yet to see how he looks like, haha.

knut
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to knut Send a message via Yahoo to knut

Old 04-30-2007, 02:43 PM

i have harvest moon for the gameboy it was weird and kind of a challenge, i would never meet the yearly quota lol plus it was a chore and to me a lil boring but a lil addicting too didnt really get into it

shagbo
n/a

Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 PM

I've played both gamecube versions, the N64 version, and the gameboy/ gameboy advance versions. I can't wait until HM for Wii comes out. You can ride an ostrich!

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-11-2007, 01:39 PM

I think I'm going to pick up the DS version soon. I need to feed my craving. ;3

GainaSpirit
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-11-2007, 03:22 PM

I played the one on GBA, both the boy and girl version ^^ I liked the girl one and I hope they won't keep the girl one for DS only in japan >.< I really want to have it here in France or even in english, that'll fit me anyway ^^
I like the possibility of that game >.< When you get those sprite working for you, then it's okay... or you can't do anything of your day ^^

b-ooger
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-11-2007, 07:35 PM

I have played quite of few of the Harvest Moon games... ^^
i have friends of mineral town, more friends of mineral town, a wonderful life, and another wonderful life, Magical melody, and the one for the NIntendo DS... i enjoy playing all of them, very addicting...^^

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-11-2007, 11:41 PM

I hope they release the female version for the DS in English. Not that I mind playing a guy, but I prefer the games where you can play as a female.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 05-19-2007, 06:31 PM

I've never played the older versions nor have I played any of the gameboy versions, including DS. =X

HOWEVER, I am absolutely in love with all of the Gamecube ones. <333 Including Magical Melody. Dang, that game is so addicting. I hated it at first but then it grew on me.

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-26-2007, 07:47 PM

I played one of the game cube ones, not sure which one it was though, because I was borrowing a friend's game cube and he took it back after like a week so I didn't get much play time out of it anyway. x_o;

bliss
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-30-2007, 04:34 AM

I just recently picked up Another Wonderful Life for the Game Cube, since my new roommate has a Wii and apparently you can play Game Cube games on it? Anyway, I've yet to play it yet, but I plan on starting it up this week. ;3

It looks super cute, though. <33

My roommate also told me not to get the Game Cube version, not knowing that there were several. He said that it (one of them) wasn't really about farming at all and just about dating. Is that true? I'm assuming it's Magical Melody that he was talking about but I'm really not sure. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 05-31-2007, 01:30 PM

I play Harvest Moon DS

Its so cute >< I'm in year 3 now and I still love the game, there's still so much to do, except now I don't have to continuously suck up to the girls because I'm married.

I'm looking into trying some of the other Harvest Moon games, because my first experience was with the ps2 version, which sucked. But from what it looks like its the game cube version I should get.

WitheredInnocence
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to WitheredInnocence Send a message via MSN to WitheredInnocence Send a message via Yahoo to WitheredInnocence

Old 06-01-2007, 09:36 PM

I own every version for the game cube, plus the one for the ps2(and I don't even own the system) XD. It's horribly addicting, isn't it?

Kitsuta
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 AM

HARVEST MOOOOOOOOOON.

Aw man. I have to say, the SNES version is still my favorite. Which is WRONG. They should have made a better version by now - even though I loved that game a lot, I often never even got to the end because I got SO bored. I would advance really quickly. I'd have a TON of money, all the cows and chickens I could raise, all the crops I could water before 6pm(now THAT was a stupid rule), a pregnant wife, a clear lot, the best tools, and that would be before year 1 ended. @__@

I have the PS1 version, I think... hmm, which one is it? I think it's Back to Nature. I actually liked it, but again I would get really bored taking care of the animals. It became such a chore that I'd stop playing for a long time, then I'd forget where I was in the game(who I was wooing, all that junk). I haven't played it since, mostly because I really don't play the PS2 that much AND because I really haven't bothered to look for a PS1 memory card to save my game(don't.. don't ask how I played it before that).

I also have the Gamecube version. I rented Another Wonderful Life but decided that I hated it to death - all the suitors were dumb, the 3d controls were really touchy, and the dialogue was incredibly repetitive. So I bought Magical Melody instead. I also quite liked it... it was a bit boring, but I also didn't get everything possible in the span of a year so I was pretty happy. Unfortunately, I started experiencing a rather nasty bug - sometimes I would sink. Literally, sink into the dark, pitch black ground and would either have to load from my last save point or go to bed and not be able to finish my work for the day. It often involved my animals - once I sank when I got off my horse. Another time I sank when I was getting my animals out of my barn and I was partially pushed into the wall. It was so incredibly frustrating - even if I had only wasted half a day, that was really a lot of work. It's kind of a shame, too. Anyway, I play it off and on nowadays.

I didn't hear good things about Harvest Moon DS, but I am looking forward to Rune Factory. At first I thought the premise was dumb, but after reading a more in depth preview(gotta love my NP subscription), I think it might actually be interesting and fun to play. Plus since it'll be on the DS, it'll be easier for me to just pick up and play. Which reminds me, I really oughta finish FFIII....

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:58 PM

I just started playing Harvest Moon: More Friends From Mineral Town for GBA. xD It's just a female version of Friends From Mineral Town. :o

I've played all the Gameboy versions of Harvest Moon exccept for the DS one. I'd love to play the DS version but sadly I don't own a DS. ;-;

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 06-10-2007, 04:58 AM

Ah, that brings back memories. <3 I used to play it a lot, but now I stopped. It got kind of boring because everyday were the same routines: Feed/care for animals, water plants, become friends with townspeople, encounter events, ect...

It's a nice game though at first. =D

Masquerade
*^_^*

Old 06-12-2007, 12:22 AM

I've owned, at some point in time, the N64 version, the DS version, Friends of Mineral Town for GBA, and More Friends of Mineral Town for GBA.

Never played the N64 version and found the DS version way too huge and complicated for the time limit they give you in a day. I love both my GBA versions though. In my boy game I've married the nurse and we have a baby. In my girl game I'm about thisclose to seducing the chicken farm boy away from his family and into my bed. :twisted:

I go in cycles with those games though. I'll have a month or two where I play it nonstop, then six months where it gathers dust in my games case, then another month or two of obsessive farming. Right now I'm busy playing Pokemon but Harvest Moon will be my next choice when I bore of fighting monsters.

Montgomery Domoheart
*^_^*
Banned

Old 06-12-2007, 04:05 AM

I love the Harvest Moon series, it's incredibly addicting. The first I ever played was A Wonderful Life, which just blew me away. Then, I just HAD to buy Friends of Mineral Town, Back to Nature, More Friends of Mineral Town, and Another Wonderful Life. Looking back on my series of game consumption, I could have saved a lot of money by just...waiting. xP
Though I never really noticed it until someone else pointed it out, all of the games are fairly repetitive. I guess it never really bother me, becuase the little improvements and slight differences in the plot and gameplay get me going. <3

raszala
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-15-2007, 10:08 AM

^^ i'm playing harvest moon 3 for gbcolor and the first game for snes to death like evryday xD
i've got a harvest moon 3 help thread, just don't have the link
pweas pm me if ya have any information about harvest moon 3

Lawlagram
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-19-2007, 01:23 AM

I played PS2 verson ; "save the home land" or something like that , I loved the game.
Can anyone suggest the DS game cause I'm thinking about it but I'm not sure
>< I'm a bit stingy

Bubblegum
*^_^*

Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 AM

Ohhhh~ Harvest Moon!
No game can beat the 64 version for me. xD It was riddled with glitches and typos, but it was still so much fun! xD I could play that thing for hours. I started Magical Melody, too, and I can go through the character booklet and say "Oh, she's Ann... she's Popuri... and she's Elli... Wait, wasn't Elli's grandmother named Ellen? That can't be a coincidence."
Fun, fun series, though. :]

Puff
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 AM

I love the DS version and Magical Melody, and I own both A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life. It's so addicting!

EbilKitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 AM

I was planning on getting Harvest Moon for my Gamecube, but for some reason never got around to it :( Then I sold my Gamecube, and now I don't have any gaming systems (except for my PC). Is there a PC version of the game, by any chance?

`Mel
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to `Mel

Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM

I absolutely LOVE the PS: One version of that game! I play the hell out of it.
I mean I would go without eating for week straight! I loved the fact you could get married, have a kid & raise it XD Though I never got past the walking stage.
Though, I was always mad that the baby was a boy >__> I wanted a girl.
Oh! I've also played the PS:Two version of the game as well :)
JUST as good, it's really close to the PS:One version including the River Goddess, who is more involved in the game.
Even though it's a simple farming game with events and such, it was my favorite non RPG game :)
I still hold strong to it! Actually, I think I'd like to play it right now XD

P.S: Summer is the perfect season to grow some Strawberries :)

Demure
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm just wondering, has anyone gotten their farming degree yet? XDDDD

Sassandra
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Played the SNES version. didn't get very far. didn't know there were other versions. is there anywhere you can still get them?