Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2007, 11:40 PM

Sorry if something like this has been posted, I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thread.

Generally If it looks cute, cuddly and innocent, it's evil.

clock
tick tock

Old 11-13-2007, 08:42 AM

One of the funniest things I've heard in a video game
was just recently in Manhunt 2. As this one guy was
about to die, he said, "Who's going to moderate the forums?"
My bf and I laughed pretty hard because he's a moderator.

Things I've learned, hmm...

-People can't see you when you're in shadows.
-You can always pull out your handy dandy map.
-If you plant money, a money tree will grow.

dtm420
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2007, 06:10 AM

I've learned really good hand-eye coordination and timing. I play alot of music based games (guitar hero, DDR, amplitude).

hmmm i think i've also learned that one bullet can't kill someone unless its a headshot or from a sniper rifle. Anywhere else will only wound them, most of the time is doesn't even slow them down.

inseCuREly
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-16-2007, 07:28 AM

I'm pretty sure some of the ones I'm going to say have already been said, but oh well. :'D

- Not only can MAGIC break, but so can tomes/books. (Every Fire Emblem)

- Using two swords makes you twice as strong (courtesy of Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia).

- At the end of the battle, if you have zero HP, you won't get any experience points - regardless of how far into the battle you 'died'. (Every Tales game)

- Even if the spear goes through your horse, if it misses you, you're still okay! (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)

- Singing during battle can be more devastating than wielding a sword. (Tales of the Abyss)

- Pans make great weapons. (Various RPGs)

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 PM

Birds are planning to declare war. Occasionally, if you shoot them, they'll drop ammo or grenades. Same goes for their nests. (Resident Evil 4.)

If you're getting a ton of ammo along with many explosives, something very bad is about to happen in the next room. (Doom 3. Actually, a lot of FPS.)

Demons/Zombies/Monsters will normally melt, disappear, burst into flames, or get carried away by flies once they die. (A lot of Survival Horror Games.)

Dr Franken Stein
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Dr Franken Stein Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Franken Stein

Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 PM

When the music changes from creepy to super creepy then you know there's something you have to fight nere by.

A serten One winged Angel is always the stronges boss battle in any game that he is in, including non-Final Fantasy games.

Most if not all bosses have impracticl weapons.

Most heros use some sort of sword or gun to fight.

The hero's girl friend or lover allmost always dies/is kidnaped/is nere death, or a key part of the plot at some point in the game.

The one thing you don't think of is allways the something that will go wrong.

KiLaKiLa
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-21-2007, 08:20 AM

Not exactly sure what I learned from video games, I think I learned a couple about historical/mythical creatures, life style from RPGs. And sometimes it help develope my critical thinking and strategy forming skills...stuff like that, I can't really recall everything that I learned, though.

Eddie Dee
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM

Well i have learn alot from video games, let me see, i remmeber that once in an exam, there was something about the pentagon, lol, and the game command and conquer help me alot with that! XD, I learn many things, just dont remmember what they where ... XD

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-26-2007, 08:57 AM

-Punch it. something will come out thats useful

Internal_Dragon
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-28-2007, 06:53 PM

Break every vase/barrel/pot/wooden plank you come across, there will always be nifty goodies inside - (Pretty much every video game I've played in the last year)

Avoid blonde women who wear black leather corsets, they'll lead you astray - (Devil May Cry)

Avoid red haired women with purple corsets, they tend to be murderers - (Fable)

Actually, be wary of any women in a corset, you can't trust half of em - (Various RPGs)

In battle always hide behind the person wearing the least amount of clothing, they'll never get so much as a scratch on them - (Various games, and specifically Final Fantasy XII)

If you're in a group with 6 or more people, chances are one of you is going to end up related in some way to your nemesis, no matter how improbable it is - (God only knows how many games)

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-29-2007, 12:30 AM

Hair long enough to drag on the ground will never get wrapped around your weapon, even though you love to swing it in circles! (Heavenly Sword. Going by the commercials here, as I haven't actually played the game.)

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-29-2007, 07:26 PM

-pill popping fun (pac man)

Granger Danger
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-19-2007, 01:47 AM

-A spearman? Ha. It'll only take 50 or so years. (in Civilization, one turn is like five years)

-You can so rule a country by yourself. Your father and uncle will be arguing over who is your military advisor. (Civilization)

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-19-2007, 03:06 AM

Giant Birds = $$$$

Wooden Crates are always loaded with gunpowder, and WILL explode upon contact with a bullet or sword.

You throw bottles at people and they shall be healed.

Every main character has their hometown destroyed at one point or another.

If it shines, you can pick it up.

All storage chests in a certain city carry the same items, and if you leave a special one-of-a-kind item in there, the other chests will carry that same item.

A submachine gun is the size of two pistols.

A pistol takes up the same amount of space as a box of ammo, or a lockpick.

Burials are not necessary in any way whatsoever

Trenchcoats are where the money's at.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-19-2007, 09:36 PM

-"Your Archer is about to Die" (Gauntlet)

-You cant sit down (nearly ever game)

-Your friends only appear if you are in trouble (RPGs)

-If its gelatinous...it can, and will kill you instantly (Final Fantasy)

-Bikini tops are logical battle attire

-Jumping from Thousands of feet high, into a bail of Hay, is perfectly safe (Assassins Creed)

Alice Elliot
*^_^*

Old 12-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Through the ps2 videogame Shadow Hearts, I've heard of people like Roger Bacon, Mata Hari, about the Kabbalah...historical people and things I would never have known otherwise or even if I did, I wouldn't be as interested, history has never been my good point. :lol:

Anyway, things I've learned from games:
-a spiritual camera can exorcise ghosts(Fatal Frame)
-a deck brush can be more powerful than some conventional weapons like swords/rapiers. (persona 3)
-that doing 'naughty stuff' with harem women can give you exp. (God of War) XD
-vending machine was operational during 1913(Shadow Hearts) XD

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 12-21-2007, 02:50 PM

- If you shoot someone in they head they piss themselves cos of the pressure.
- Alcohol up yer arse makes you get drunk quicker.
- Hair grows on dead people.

All from Enzai: Falsely Accused. xD

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-21-2007, 11:36 PM

-Your brother hates you...for the following reasons:
+ You Exist
+ You inherit something he didnt
+ You have some kind of hidden power he never had
+ You are against his idea to rule the Realm/World/Land/Some place that isnt in this dimension.
+ Your mother always liked you best, because she know she didnt give birth to an evil bastard (that is your Brother)
+ Your brother is just a jerk...plain and simple

===
-You will always have some kind of Twin you in the world...they just show up when you are at your lousiest.
-Long Leather Coat? CHECK
-Oversized Gun? CHECK
-Hair that falls in front of your eyes, making it look impossible to see? CHECK

Lore
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-22-2007, 12:09 AM

No matter how small you are, you can kick a giant dragon's ass with ease as long as you have some fruity flavored jelly candy to back you up - Any Tales game

Dragging around a total stranger with you to go kill things for money is alright, they won't complain even if they partied up with you to save someone - FFXII

If someone dies in the middle of battle, it's fine to throw a potion, feather or leaf at them and revive them. But if they die in a dramatic way that makes people cry, they're dead for good - Any RPG ever

Kimiku
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 12:24 AM

Here are a few things I've learned from video games.

-- Never enter a large, scary mansion when zombie dogs are chasing you.

-- If you have no other choice but to enter the mansion, make sure to look out for pots of plants.
{ Apparently, plants will help to increase your energy should you be bitten by the undead or dead walking. }

-- In case of emergency, always carry a loaded gun of some sort.
{ Make sure to look out for clips of ammunition that will be littered through the mansion. }

-- Oh, and also carry a knife. This will help to fight off the zombies.

-- Zombies eat humans. Try not to get to close.

-- But don't worry too much about dieing. If there is a typewriter anywhere in the vicinity, you may be able to save your life to a certain point in time, should you find ink.
{ Make sure to save your life to the typewriter often. If not, then you'll have to repeat certain stages of your life if killed by zombies. }

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 AM

-Pull back on the bow string and you'll see farther(Bard's Tale on the PS2)
-Resetting isn't always the good option (Animal Crossing Wild World)
-Resetting makes the world go round(for games that don't have a huge draw back for doing this)
- There will at least be one boss that seems out of place in any game, even if it's a minor detail of the boss, that counts
-Do not question the time line of when a food item appearers compared to what the game's time period is set in.(in a few Castlevania games there are food items that shouldn't even exist in that time period, such as a US grade A beef hamburger in SOTN)
-There is at least one undead creature per game, or the equivalent of one.
-There are always generic thug enemies.(doesn't matter the shape or size)

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2007, 04:38 AM

-someone can "set me up a bomb"

-Loc is Da Man (GTA SA)

-you can win your Fathers love by being a bounty hunter (GUN)

-you will soon learn that 'Mr. Bubbles' isnt as cute as his name suggest (BioShock)

-if you strangle someone with a piano wire, the camera will pan off you (ManHunt)

-an Umbrella is capable of carrying my weight, regardless that it is smaller compared to me (Princess Peach)

-if you surpass your Father in ANYTHING, he will rip you in half...or at least some limb of some kind (Cain/Soul Reaver)

-if die, you dont really die...you go to another place full of freaks who try to kiss you Into Death (Soul Reaver)

-using fuzzy creatures as ammunition is completely and utterly logical for the situation you are put in (Stranger)

-doing a sexy dance can stop mutated evil green space bunnies (Evil Space Bunnies Must Die)

Raining Skittles
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-24-2007, 07:10 AM

I learned:

If you die, you just re-spawn from your save point, or you get revived by someone nice enough to do so.

You can fit a multitude of items, such as AK47's, machine guns, shotguns, semi-automatic rifles, herbs, more then 300 bullets, and a bullet maker in a small pouch that is strapped to your upper thigh (Resident Evil)

Hug your horse everyday, and it will grow up big and strong (Harvest Moon)

Parasols can hold your weight, and gently take you back to the ground. (Kirby)

Bananas make you spin out, and shells chase you. (Mario Kart)

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-26-2007, 01:48 AM

-abandon houses always have a good number of Bullets lying about (RE)

-always wear a vest (RE)

-a bullet proof vest doesnt protect you from Zombies and or Mutated beings (RE)

-aim for the head

-if you miss, well goodluck

-Zombies climb stairs...for what ever reason that they do or need to, it is your guess

Risque
bing chilling

Old 12-26-2007, 02:41 AM

Zombies are able to lie very still while you examine the room and check for vital items, but upon grabbing said item they will immediately awake and grab you.

So yes, zombies ARE intelligent beings, and I learned that the hard way.
(RE2)

It does not matter where you go, for there will always be places with endless abysses and perfectly square platforms for you to hop on to cross said abyss.
(Turok)