Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2009, 02:07 AM

So yes. Valentine's Day. One of my favorite holidays. An excuse to wear crazy things to work, buy chocolate, and laugh at all the crazy novelty items in the stores. A time to show my friends just how much I appreciate them, and a time to be particularly productive, art-wise.

I love this day, despite the fact that I've been single for it for 20 of my...20 years. In fact, only issue I have with it is that...well, I get bored. |D; And that's where this hangout comes in!

Really, though I say it's for "happy singles," anyone is welcome to come in and chat just so long as they'd like to try and enjoy it.

This is just gonna be a simple little hangout here. The next post will be reserved for possible future fun facts and whatnot. As for rules - follow Mene's rules. On top of that, only ONE thing:

NO complaining about being single. NO complaining about "Single's Awareness Day." NO complaining about being "alone" - because you are not alone. You have family, friends, and at the very least all of Mene here to keep you company.

So come in, chat, have fun, earn feathers!

Possible conversation starters, if you have difficulty chatting like me:
- The event items! Like them? Hate them? Laughing your brains out over some of them? (Seriously, I never thought I'd see the day we got some of these! XD)
- Your Valentine's Day! Having fun? Have any plans for later? What did you do today? Or are your bigger plans for the upcoming days - when everything is on sale? ;)
- Favorite chocolates - self explanatory!
- Random Valentine's Day facts you know, or that interest you. Personally, I'm fascinated by the meanings of different colored roses. ;)
- Or if none of that works for you, and you can't come up with anything else, don't be afraid to just introduce yourself - someone else will come up with something to say. ;)

Or come up with your own conversations, if you'd like.

Also, a little shameless plugging:

The Knightly Virtues are in serious need of more members! Click the banner above to go visit the hangout in the Menewsha Nation.

Last edited by Quantum Angel; 02-15-2009 at 02:32 AM..

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2009, 02:08 AM

My one reserved post...and now this thread is officially open!

Sonikki
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 AM

WOOO. PILLOW FIGHT TIEM~ <3

Definitely agreeing with you on Valentine's day not being totally about couples. never have thought of it that way. I'm definitely not lonely this year~! :D Friends are all I need~

Well, you pretty much know what I did today. Found out that the only sushi I've tried that I actually really like is the California rolls. <3 Those are awesome.

Now. Excuse me while I go join a team.... >D

Chocolate. definitely chocolate covered caramels. <3 I haven't had any though. Of course that Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream is massive win. XD

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2009, 02:29 AM

Yay, pillow fights! Always fun. Always so very fun. I wish this were real life. It's fun to make feathers fly everywhere. X3

Have you taken my advice and tried anything with eel? Because if not, you really should.

Somehow I just knew you'd pick purple. XD

Ooh, chocolate covered caramels~ I love those too. They hurt my stomach and stick to my teeth really bad...but I love them anyway. I'm so messed up. XD
I don't particularly like most ice cream though...but you already knew that. XD

IRK3N
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2009, 03:03 AM

I dis-like all the crazy about V-day.
I find flowers and cards and all of those novelty prezzies to be pointless, IMHO.

I'd rather get something more practical.

Anywho!

PILLOW FIGHT TIEEEEM. *whacks all teams except pink <3s!*

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2009, 03:12 AM

Yes, but sometimes it's just so fun to go around and laugh at all the novelty items in the stores. Like this mug I saw earlier today - it said "I'm all yours!" and had a picture of a woman...and she was sculpted into the mug and her boobs extended further out than the handle; they looked somewhat like beachballs. I couldn't help but laugh.

Pointless as some of the stuff is, it can be fun. Either to give, receive, or just laugh at.

Plus, flowers can be an effective way to send a message. It's a shame so few people really know the language of flowers anymore.

IRK3N
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 AM

I guess, but. I dunno.
I'm just not one for mushy. Haaa. xDD

A friend of mine did get me a mug that says "bee mine!" and stuff on it.
But she only got it for me because it has bees on it. xDD

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 02-15-2009, 03:22 AM

Lol. xD my reaction to when I saw the whip in the stores was:

.....o____O ;; ........:insane::insane::insane:<3

kerryfox
Nyo!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:29 AM

I love the flower language, it is an old art that I fear is fading as less and less people know about it.
Valentines day for me has been rather slow...I spent it cleaning doing laundry and now am waiting for the show I dress for to be over. Then again I really did my treat making on Thursday so I could hand things out Friday and aside from things like the events on line it feels over all ready.

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2009, 03:46 AM

@Waffle: Yeah, that was about my reaction too. Ditto for "Fun With Latex."
...is it bad that I want near every item in the special event store, especially those?

@kerryfox: Yeah,. it is sad how the language of flowers has become...almost extinct. I know that I plan to continue it on, though.
On that note, the fact that we have a black rose in the event store...both disturbed me and amused me greatly. I wish there were a blue one though...the idea of something "mysterious" is always something that's pretty strong with me around this time of year.

Day's been pretty slow for me too. I didn't do much besides go to work today. That, and eat chocolate. Way...too...much...chocolate. :gonk:

kerryfox
Nyo!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:55 AM

Heh, I know I have been eating those conversational hearts all day too. I really wanted more chocolate how ever but beggars can't be closers My mum sent me the box with stuff and I forgot to ask for chocolate...On a completely random note....we use a card for laundry and some how in trying to flip over laundry and get ready for the show I tucked the card in my bra. It was just now that I found it >>;

Waffle
BAZINGA!
Send a message via MSN to Waffle

Old 02-15-2009, 03:57 AM

Amani :: lolol. that happens with every event, especially the vdays since their commons are so sexyyy. But, it sucks that there are 12 pages of sexy commons for you to attempt to buy. I barely clear 3 pages of items before I run out. xD

PurringPuppy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to PurringPuppy Send a message via MSN to PurringPuppy

Old 02-15-2009, 05:00 AM

@kerryfox: Those candy heart things are chalky and unpleasant imo. D: Chocolate is always good though. <3

Never really liked Valentines much, so commercial. Too bad I didn't get much chocolate this year. /sob

Mingnon
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Mingnon Send a message via MSN to Mingnon Send a message via Yahoo to Mingnon

Old 02-15-2009, 05:07 AM

Heh, shameless plug... ^^;

And I'm a single myself... so yeah.. ._.;