monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 11-02-2017, 03:36 PM

I think it was the Agents of Shield movie??
forget what it was called specifically
but it was OK

i'll be honest though I found it boring and hard to follow (even though I'd seen every episode of the show up to that point) it seems I needed to also watch some of the other Marvel Universe stuff to understand, like, most of it.

I wouldn't rate it because I really feel I did not see enough of it for it to really register

Kamikaze Kendra
Music Guru

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Kendra

Old 11-07-2017, 02:22 AM

I've seen three new ones within the past week, so I'll do a blurb for each!

Suburbicon
The trailers had me intrigued but I almost let the critics reviews pull me away from seeing it since they've been slamming it pretty hard... and I'm glad that I didn't listen. Though it's billed as a comedy don't let that fool you... it's dark as all heck. Luckily, I like dark movies so that didn't pull me away either. Some parts of the plot seemed very abrupt and disjointed, but as a narrative it was still enjoyable. Not to mention that it did a good job of showing how people can be distracted by a small problem and neglect a much larger issue, much like what's been happening in the media for a while now. It was artfully done. And holy crap did these people play the heck out of their roles.
Rating: 3/5

Marshall
The tale of one of the many cases that Thurgood Marshall took on in his younger years, at a time when the NAACP desperately needed a victory. He went to the northeast to defend a driver who was accused of raping his socialite employer. Not only did Chadwick Boseman absolutely kill it as Thurgood, but Josh Gad delivered a surprisingly serious and stupendous performance as Sam Friedman - the Jewish lawyer who was pretty much forced to serve with Thurgood on that case. The acting through the whole thing was absolutely brilliant and I would watch it over and over again. I definitely walked out of the movie with more knowledge than I went in with, which is always a plus.
Rating: 5/5

Thor: Ragnarok
I'm not going to describe it... because spoilers. But I will say that I love Hela's introduction. And the comedy in it was so refreshing and entertaining! It'll serve as an amazing way to transition into Guardians of the Galaxy meeting up with the rest of our heroes in Infinity War since prior to this movie that franchise has had an incredibly different tone than the rest of the MCU.
Rating: 4/5

alice.the.queen.of.hearts

Old 11-08-2017, 01:48 PM

I too saw the new Thor Ragnarok movie. I thought as well the comedy in it was awesome and I loved it. If you get a chance to see it you should. Its totally worth the money.
5/5

whispersinthedark
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-01-2017, 09:22 PM

The last movie I saw was Justice League. It was good, went into it just wanting to see Aquaman so my expectations where low, I was mildly surprised at how it turned out.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-01-2017, 11:22 PM

Cherry Pop!

A straight man tries his hand at Drag to get a leg into the entertainment industry. A Light hearted, but raunchy comedy featuring many drag performers made popular by Rupauls drag race. Bob the drag queen, Detox, Latrice and so many more.

It was fantastic. If you like snarky humor and beautiful make-up and fashion I'd fully recommend it.

5/5

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-10-2018, 02:03 AM

Star Trek (the 2009 one)
Probably my third watch of it and it's still so enjoyable. I love the reboot as a whole and the first movie in particular. Totally a 5 star.

whispersinthedark
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-22-2018, 03:23 PM

The last movie I saw was The Post and The Greatest Showman.
The Post is amazing, it talks about one of the first female CEO's of the newspaper The Washington Post and how she and her editor have a story they run about the government cover up of the Vietnam War. Over all the acting is spot on, the story is great. I give it 5/5 stars

The Greatest Showman is also amazing. Its a musical, and the music is awesome, and it the story of P.T. Barnum and the creation of the Circus. Its got the imagination that I do find is missing in movies, and the acting is good and the singing is good as well. I do recommend that this should be seen in theaters. 5/5 stars

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-29-2018, 06:40 PM

Oh man, I really want to see The greatest Showman. I'm glad it's as good as it looked in previews.

Last I saw with Love, Simon. 10/10. It was a joy to watch, full of adorable as well as heartfelt moments. Very authentic to the high school experience of people from my generation. Even the side characters were intriguing and helped to flesh out the whole story. My roommate has just gotten to the book so we'll see how it compares to that. So far she seems very impressed.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 12-18-2019, 11:01 PM

I saw Frozen II two weeks ago, despite being a grown adult with no children and having never seen the first one...I really enjoyed it! The animation was great, the storyline was easy to follow, and the music was really fun. 5/5 from me.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 03:39 PM

I saw New Gods: Yang Jian in theaters on Sunday and it was freaking amazing!!! I loved the characters, the world, the story--everything was just beautiful and mesmerizing!!! It's about a disgraced immortal who's become a bounty hunter and one of his bounties ends up being his nephew who is trying to free his mother from a mountain full of phoenixes. Much more complex than that though but I don't wanna give spoilers. XD I very highly recommend. Light Chaser Animation Studios has definitely become one of my favorite animation studios. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-24-2023, 10:56 PM

A woman got stabbed in the head and then saw dead people. She killed people for the dead people as an assassin.

A fun concept but it had some pacing issues and bad acting along the way.

I honestly forget what it was called, but it had an actress from Death Proof and Lucy Lawless in it, also the guy who played Joxer in Xena.

Not bad if you like some cheesy horror/action movies. I enjoyed it. My other thought it was kinda lame. Heheh.

DJRobE

Old 12-16-2023, 07:08 PM

woke Disney Marvels 0/5

zeapear
How's Annie?

Old 12-22-2023, 09:28 AM

I just rewatched The Muppet Christmas Carol! Hands down my favourite Christmas Carol adaptation; it's just so sincerely joyous. There's something about the Muppets that just conveys joy so well. Also, the songs are all bangers. 10/10.