View Poll Results: Does this happen to you?
Yes 22 44.90%
No 6 12.24%
On occasion 15 30.61%
I plead the fifth or other 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 04:50 AM

This happens to me every time these events pop up. People start offering freebies and I think it sounds really neat but I'm too intimidated to go in! Or I'll go in and there's so many people begging, I feel like I don't want to bother anyone, so I just leave without posting. Even on a forum where people are trying to throw free things at me, I don't get any because I'm too shy sometimes! So I never end up getting free anythings. ^_^;;

Does this happen to anyone else? I'd feel even dumber if I'm the only one too timid to try and get a free sketch.

patchy
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 AM

I feel the same way about freebie threads T^T I'm always too shy to ask cause I figure they're too swamped with orders already. *hugs* you're not the only one.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 04:55 AM

Oh good. I feel kinda silly for being so timid on the internet. It's not like anyone knows. But...that's just how it is! *hugs*

uzey
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2008, 04:55 AM

i feel the same way sometimes!

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 AM

I feel the same way in certain occasions. Most of the time I wont bother with any of it.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 05:03 AM

Yeah. And things can move so fast, it's hard to keep up with anything. I'm just a big old chicken I guess. ^_^;;

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2008, 05:14 AM

Heh, you should try a charity thread on Gaia. One like [-Kay-] has if she's still running it. Threads like that LITERALLY FLY 50 pages per hour. Probably within a shorter amount of time than that. I tried, it's difficult. Even the fastest of threads on here can be considered turtle-slow compared to that xD But yeah, I still get what you mean :p

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 05:18 AM

I tend to stay out of the general forums on Gaia. They're too full of stupid. >_> I can't keep up with those super fast threads. I can think of better things to do with my time than try to beg free stuff out of people.

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 AM

I always feel that way. T__T

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2008, 05:30 AM

I felt the same way about those forums actually. I only went in them to make friends :p It worked, for the most part. But stuff like that is what made me quit. Mene is more fun due to its slower pace. I prefer it.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 AM

Every once in a while--if it seems pretty quiet--I'll go in. But not very often. I do frequently feel like I don't want to make them do more art--especially because I tend to get overwhelmed by art requests whenever I get them. I know the feeling; I don't want to add to their potential frenzy.

Also, there are so many threads..... I feel like I'll go in one, they won't get to it until tomorrow, and by then I'll have forgotten which thread it was specifically.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 05:33 AM

I like the slower pace and the longer discussions...actual discussion as opposed to constant "bump! LOLOLOLOL!" Ugh -_- I still like Gaia for the most part, but I stick to the places I like and avoid the rest. ^_^;;

Here, I'm slowly working my way all over the place...well, except for the freebie threads. #>_>#

Zarq
*^_^*

Old 05-21-2008, 05:45 AM

I am exactly the same way, I adore art~! And there are so many wonderful artists, but I am to shy I think to go in and ask for it. Even when it's being offered for free. You are not alone :gonk:

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 05:48 AM

Yeah, I've been on Gaia for...five years?!! D= And I've never gotten avvie art done, not even the kind I paid for. And I've had some cute looks that would have been nice to draw but...yeah, total chicken butt.

Oh well, how bout some free hugs instead? =D *hugs you*

Iced-anime
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 05-21-2008, 05:54 AM

5 years?! You didn't get a single piece of artwork?! I'd die if I didn't get art on occasion =0

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 06:06 AM

Yep, I've never had any artwork done. Not even by my artist friends. I make their buttons and banners and...well, that's it. I make their buttons and banners and I've never had artwork done. Irony. x_X

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Nemui

Old 05-21-2008, 06:17 AM

i feel the same way..
your not alone.
i feel so wrong asking even though knowing thats why its there.
its silly
but i guess it bcuz i know they are swamped XD
and i dont want to add to it.

none on gaia..
is your name the same,?
im going to make you free gaia art over there.
i do it all the time.
specially for those who have none XD

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 06:22 AM

I finally got up the courage to post a comment on a freebie thread and I haven't heard back, so now I'm like "I knew they were busy! I shouldn't have bugged them! Crap! *sends self on silly guilt trip*"

None on Gaia. None ever...anywhere ^_^;;;
Yes it is.
D= Thank you!

Man, I'm really having one of those "I am not worthy!" moments. Settle down self and stop being so self-depreciatingly annoying! ^_^;; *crawls into a corner*

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 06:28 AM

okay and it spelled the exact same way.
i lookedit and i was met with this green duck mosnter avatar
is that yours?

ya i oly do art for people if i feel they deserve it XD
and im very chosey and knowing you have been there
5 years sends me into artist shock XD
now i must draw you.my needs are telling me. too.

Thoth Star
(・・^...

Old 05-21-2008, 06:30 AM

I never have that problem, and if I feel guilty cause they're busy I'll offer an art exchange. Lol.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemui View Post
okay and it spelled the exact same way.
i lookedit and i was met with this green duck mosnter avatar
is that yours?

ya i oly do art for people if i feel they deserve it XD
and im very chosey and knowing you have been there
5 years sends me into artist shock XD
now i must draw you.my needs are telling me. too.
Ha ha! Yeah, the big green kappa is me. I changed out of my scary prom outfit and into that. Maybe I should change into something cuter (and easier) to draw XD

Artist shock? I wouldn't want to send you into artist shock.

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For-Chan Cookie View Post
Ha ha! Yeah, the big green kappa is me. I changed out of my scary prom outfit and into that. Maybe I should change into something cuter (and easier) to draw XD

Artist shock? I wouldn't want to send you into artist shock.
dont worry its not a bad artist shock XD
its one that makes me go
"go draw her now" lol
okay..
umm ya maybe something more simpler would be easier.
i will save that image though.
just incase i get the courage to draw it.
im going to send you a pm on there.
[by the way my name is not the same on there its jaded wings ]

eliechan
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2008, 06:38 AM

*gasp* i feel the same way~~~ i don't feel right asking for free things D: i tend to admire all the prettiful things from afar without joining in @.@;;

Nemui
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 05-21-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliechan View Post
*gasp* i feel the same way~~~ i don't feel right asking for free things D: i tend to admire all the prettiful things from afar without joining in @.@;;
oh and i bet someone who does full body art would love to do yours.
i love the bottom half of your girl XD

wasashu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-21-2008, 06:42 AM

poor for-chans TwT there's always those draw the person above you threads :3 you get arts and make arts >w< those are always meh fav event threads <3