nescia
(^(エ)^)

Old 07-17-2007, 04:04 AM

Harry Potter OotP

.5/10- That's for the quality of the sound effects and visuals alone. The movie was terrible.

kurama_grl
*^_^*

Old 07-17-2007, 04:27 AM

I just watched True Lies on DVD.

Movie is full of action (shooting and explosions), great storyline, and absolutely hilarious.

9.5/10

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 07-18-2007, 05:13 AM

The last movie I saw was Bullet Proof Monk on TV.

I watched it coz I had nothing else to do.

It's watchable, but there's nothing special about it.

It has a few funny lines here and there, some impressive stutnts, but the plot is a bit too simple and the characters don't have that much...character.

I'd give it 6.5/10.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 PM

The last movie I saw was Lady in the Water on Showtime, I believe. And, I know a lot of people hated it, but I loved it. I will say though, that all of M. Night Shamalayan's movies sort of have this hokie sense to them at certain points, so I will give it a 9.5/10.

Sidenote: Has anyone seen Dawn of the Dead? Now that one I LOVE. I also love The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I've gotten into horror movies lately when I always used to be scared of them. Hmm... interesting.

Lulu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lulu

Old 07-20-2007, 03:10 AM

• New Harry Potter Movie. 3.5/5

Phareas
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 07-20-2007, 03:52 AM

New Harry Potter movie. 3/5 It was okay. A little fast paced and left out a lot of important things and kept a lot of unimportant things. But still one of my favorite of the movies.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 07-20-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phareas
New Harry Potter movie. 3/5 It was okay. A little fast paced and left out a lot of important things and kept a lot of unimportant things. But still one of my favorite of the movies.

So is it worth seeing in the theatres or should I wait until it comes out on DVD, in your opinion?

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Ratatouille.

That one was a pleasant surprise, and I would even go as far as to say Pixar's Best. It's brilliant.

10/10.
(And I never give movies that high of a rating)

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-21-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurilia
Ratatouille.

That one was a pleasant surprise, and I would even go as far as to say Pixar's Best. It's brilliant.

10/10.
(And I never give movies that high of a rating)
Ooooh, I really want to see that movie! I love the Pixar films, so creative and vibrant!

dunate
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-22-2007, 01:03 AM

the las movie i see is ella is enchanted and i give it 3 candy stars :D

Lulu
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lulu

Old 07-22-2007, 02:17 AM

Hair Spray 3/5

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-22-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless
Hair Spray 3/5

Oooooh, I totally TOTALLY want to see that one! Can't wait to see John Travolta in drag, LOL.

Jax
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2007, 03:25 AM

Hmmm, I watched the Harry Potter movie a few days ago. I would rate it as 3/5. It would say it would be the worst out of the 5. Though I love the discussing on what to do, what to do for Harry Potter!- I still would love to see more magical moves against the Dark Lord and the rest of the gang.

Oh and they're in groups now fighting big scary things. =]

Spatterdash
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Last film I went to see was Shrek 3. Not as good as the first film, but an awful lot better than I thought it would be, considering it's the third in a series of kids' films. 6/10, I think.

Thorow

Old 07-22-2007, 04:11 PM

King Warrior. Martial arts film, based on Taiwanese style of fighting. Asides from the fact it seems a little odd that the whole film is based around some guy travelling across the world in order to get his elephants back (odd but amusing :P), this film is brilliant. The choreography of the fight scenes is just brilliant, and the ending is not as 'tidy' as many films like to make a movie. (Will not give details, just in case). The film is subtitled for a fair amount of the movie, however the class of film that this is, means even as someone who is not too keen on subtitled films, this one won me over.

Not likely to be everybodys cup of tea, but if you like violence in your films, while retaining a good storyline and not just a gun brawl, this film will keep you hooked. Loved this film, and asides from the fact I think the main character has a long way to go in his martial arts abilities (is a younger actor, unlike the stars we are used to: Jet Li, Chow Yung Fat etc.) it is clear this actor has alot of good films in him yet, and I expect more highly original films to come :)

9/10 for this one.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-22-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorow
King Warrior. Martial arts film, based on Taiwanese style of fighting. Asides from the fact it seems a little odd that the whole film is based around some guy travelling across the world in order to get his elephants back (odd but amusing :P), this film is brilliant. The choreography of the fight scenes is just brilliant, and the ending is not as 'tidy' as many films like to make a movie. (Will not give details, just in case). The film is subtitled for a fair amount of the movie, however the class of film that this is, means even as someone who is not too keen on subtitled films, this one won me over.

Not likely to be everybodys cup of tea, but if you like violence in your films, while retaining a good storyline and not just a gun brawl, this film will keep you hooked. Loved this film, and asides from the fact I think the main character has a long way to go in his martial arts abilities (is a younger actor, unlike the stars we are used to: Jet Li, Chow Yung Fat etc.) it is clear this actor has alot of good films in him yet, and I expect more highly original films to come :)

9/10 for this one.
Sounds very interesting! Although I'm not a huge fan of martial arts or subtitled movies, I'll have to check this one out! Thanks!!!

Razor Sharp Kisses
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2007, 02:46 AM

Movie I've already seen, but watched most recently: Shinobi. It's a Japanese movie, and I absolutely love it. The story is really good, the directing is great, the acting is great... the fight scenes are awesome. I give it a 5/5 definitely.

The last movie I've seen without previously having watched it was... Jet Li's Fearless probably. I really liked that movie. It was very sad. I like Jet Li a lot. <3 I'd give that 4-4.5/5.

And the last movie I saw in theatres was Curse of the Golden Flower. I loved that movie. That one was really sad as well. The colors were gorgeous. I give it at least 4.5/5.

ROSIE
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-23-2007, 03:24 AM

The Last Movie saw..was...DREAMGIRLS...! I've seen it before..but I liked it :D so I had 2 watch it Again..

Asahi Kumoru
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Asahi Kumoru Send a message via MSN to Asahi Kumoru

Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 AM

I finally saw "The Departed" a few days ago, and... wow. It's the sort of movie that didn't seem quite like my cup of tea from the preview, but I must say I loved it. They did a good job maintaining the intensity throughout the whole film, and the acting was fabulous. 10/10, I can definitely see why it was Best Picture.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-25-2007, 12:54 AM

I just bought Taming of the Shrew (starring Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton) yesterday. Last time I saw this movie was so many years ago, back in seventh grade, and I was really entertained from watching it because I watched Kiss Me, Kate (starring Rachel York and some other guy that I'm not too familiar with) recently as well. Considering Elizabeth Taylor's a great actress, and this movie was quite comedic instead of being a sappy, romantic love story, I give it a 5-star rating!

Flying Wings
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Flying Wings

Old 07-25-2007, 01:24 AM

Most recent one was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. n__n It definitely wasn't the best..D: But it was nice. <3 Totally off plot though. D: So..I give it a 6/1o. <3

Blithe_smilE17
Send a message via Yahoo to Blithe_smilE17

Old 07-25-2007, 03:16 AM

The most recent movie I have seen was Hairspray... 5/5 rating most definatly...John Trovelta as Edna was the BEST ever...and the new comer...I use it very lightly...was AMAZINGLY an ice cream girl...Nikki Blonsky...one word AMAZING!!!

Yami Yuka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-25-2007, 06:35 AM

I saw the newest Harry Potter movie, Order of the Phoenix.
I have to say, I was disappointed.
I give it a 2.5
It's very low on the list of the movies. I mean, yes, it was good. But not worth your 8 bucks. Maybe in the dollar theater.
Or when it comes out on DVD.
It's probably the second worst one. Had some very good moment, but kinda boring.
And I have to mention something. Voldemort looks like a monkey...
and how was Hagrid born if his mom is a Giant, and dad a human.
:cough:
Sex would be very odd....

nayasumei

Old 07-26-2007, 11:21 PM

I finally got to watch Transformers yesterday.

At first I thought it would be great (from what I had heard), but not that great. It was amazing.

I'm surprised that my brother wasn't completely amazed, he's into that sort of things. (Though I'm sure he probably liked it.)

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 AM

I got to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix the other day with my grandmother and I'd give it a 4.8 for though being a dissapointment having a good enough soundtrack to keep me from shooting myself and Daniel Radcliffe finally got a flippin' haircut.