View Poll Results: have you ever been to a Japanese festival? have you been to the St. louis one? have you been to one
to question one: no. 8 57.14%
to question one: yea! 2 14.29%
to question two: no 7 50.00%
to question two: yes! and it is amazing! 2 14.29%
to question three: no 5 35.71%
to question three: yeah! i loved it! 1 7.14%
one banana, two banana, three banana, four. five banana, six banana, seven banana more! 6 42.86%
i haven't been to Japan and i wanna go!! :cry: i wanna! 3 21.43%
what's a japanese festival?? 2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Ogaku Tenshi
Ikuto.......need I say more?

Old 09-06-2009, 06:42 PM

:squee::squee::squee:

I am at the St. Louis Japanese Festival!!!!!

I am wearing the yukata I bought yesterday!!!

I don't have an obi.... :cry:

I'd post a pic of the fabric but my phone can't do that so I'll describe it instead.

The background color is a deep purple. The design on it is a tree and crane with striping ( the fabric is not striped, but on it are lines that have been placed within the design to make the yukata look better.) And gold outlining around the cranes and branches and gold spiky "fans" for the leaves on the trees. This design is small, not very large one, but is prettier than the bigger one that looks like this design.

Currently I am waiting in line with my sister to buy tickets for the tea ceremony. We have been trying for three years to go to a ceremony and this year we will succueed!

I want to go and see the candy man. I hear his show is very entertaining and I hope to be given one of his special sugar crane on a stick. He makes about three during the show and yes, they are edible. They are georgeous and I wanna eat one!!!

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-06-2009, 07:54 PM

Blargh, I read your poll question numbers thing wrong. I demand a do-over! *brick'd*

*ahem* But anyway. Festivals like that are always fun. :yes: The Cherry Blossom Festival in Little Tokyo in Los Angeles always lands on my birthday weekend - yay, first weekend of April! - for the last two years I've actually gotten to go FOR my birthday.

It's probably the thing I look forward to the most about my birthday anymore.

The one in St. Louis sounds really exciting. Makes me wish I lived closer!

Last edited by Quantum Angel; 09-07-2009 at 05:57 AM..

Oscar the Wild
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-07-2009, 12:33 AM

Wow, congratulations! That festival sounds like it'd be great. I hope you have fun!

Yamaxchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-07-2009, 02:03 AM

I've never been to a Japanese festival but I would love to go to one! I will probably wait until I got to Japan however to see one.

JeSsIcAtMeOwW
ROMA ROMA MA
Send a message via MSN to JeSsIcAtMeOwW

Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 AM

=O Omgosh, I live in St. Louis!!~ Where is this festival at?! o.o I've never heard of it!! Sounds so fun!

JapaneseCherryBlossom
Quitting the site

Old 09-07-2009, 03:44 AM

I live about 45 min away from St. Louis. I love Japanese culture! I wish I knew about this sooner. You'll have to tell me how it goes, it sounds awesome from the reviews I read!

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 09-07-2009, 03:48 AM

I didn't know St. Louis did a Japanese Festival!!! Is this a yearly thing, 'cause I can totally drive a state for something cool like that. ^_^