Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas....and then her new book that just came out: A Court of Thorns and Roses as well. (I read the entire thing in one day lmao...so good!)

Seriously - this author has just the perfectly paced writing style.

Has someone else read her material? I need someone to rant to about her stories! We have to wait until September 1st until the new Throne of Glass book OTL *hates waiting* XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 05-15-2016, 12:34 PM

No one on here reads Sarah J. Maas? She just had the sequel to her other series come out a couple weeks ago. I've had it preordered for months. And I read the entire 650 page sequel in a day...it's SOOOO GOOD!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 05-16-2016, 02:02 AM

I didn't read it, but the title sure bring me to the sypnosis.
Well, the infamous wikipedia summary. At first I am interested by the 'partly Cinderella inspired'.... but when I continued, it doesn't seemed like my preference of 'Cinderella inspiration'.

Now to think of it, I am not sure whether I should even share this shallow understanding from just the sypnosis. But since I typed it out... might as well post it. x.x And hey, I remember the days that I finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in a day too. I am kind of envy that you are able to find story that captivated you like that, and also a bit of relief since I really do not have the time to spend my days reading like that.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-17-2016, 02:11 AM

I've heard it's good, but haven't read it myself yet.

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 09-30-2017, 10:26 PM

I tried to read it but I thought it was terrible. It starts off with a woman slaving away in a prison mine. The first thing she does when she is unexpectedly freed is priss in a mirror and think about the fine clothes she'll get to wear. Absurd and outrageously sexist. And not only is she stunningly beautiful, even after having slaved away in a mine, but she is also a deadly assassin. Oh, and she also talks to fairies and has magic powers all of a sudden.

Too much Mary Sue and someone worshiping their character without focusing on plot and world-building. I was less than impressed, did not finish the book, and will not buy any of her other work.

whispersinthedark
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-17-2017, 10:00 PM

I have read one of the Books By Sarah J. Maas. The throne of glass one with the vain Assassin in it, but I have not read A Court of Thorns. I did read the Synopsis and it looks interesting.