Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 01-02-2014, 10:13 PM

Hey Crazy Menewshans out there! I see you've peeked into my memory jar. It's now 2 days into 2014 and I'm finally able to get on and see this wonderful idea. So of course I have to participate!

to start with I will explain my wonderful past few days. New Years Eve, one of my most amazing friends came over and we spent the night responsibly drinking and catching up on the news of our lives. We never get to see each other, and it was awesome to see her. Her birthday is this Saturday, and we're planning to try to hook back up again.

My daughter Lilliana also saw her first New Years. Though she slept through most of the night like any other night since she's only a month and a half old. Her Daddy watched her and our second daughter Mary so I could have such a great night. She on the other hand kept running around excited since she was allowed to stay up. It truly was a fantastic night.

Hubby and I are also getting closer again. We've had our falling outs in the past because of stress. But we're learning how to deal with it and have it not effect our relationship.

Mary has learned how to climb the stairs up AND down with no problem in the last week. And Lilli is starting to roll over. She hasn't made it completely, but she's getting super close!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 PM

Last night I discovered that my Secret Santa from the Festival of Winter Nights had been Queen_Andais! I hadn't really talked to her much before, if at all. But I'd heard of her kindness reputation. Comparable to Hummy-loves kindness. So I should have known to expect something awesome. It was a Scepter of Chaos! Which I happened to be questing. So this is the avatar I made today with my new item! Oh I also made a deal for the bee and panda headphones. THough the art I was going to do is put on hold cause I need to find a battery for my pretty tablet. I laid it out though by hand!!

I also got to go out shopping today, despite the bad weather. It was a fantastic trip, especially being able to get out of the house. Of course... We happened to really need milk, and I still need to get them in of the freezing cold porch. BUT I got to wear my high heeled boots again! They're CUTE. like Timberlands <3!

This is what I worked on today. It's nice to be able to actually work on an avatar again. And this time I'm just not stopping after my first attempt. :D It's rather fun!

Last edited by Shadami; 01-04-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-05-2014, 10:50 PM

And the completed avi from my first completed quest item. :] I'm enjoying the journal memory jar. it's kind of awesome!!! So today. My hubby got home early from work. And even though that's bad cause it means less hours. It has been really nice to see him throughout the day. <3 I miss being able to hang out with him. My father also stopped by for a visit! He cleaned the filter on the heater thingy. ^-^ So now fresher hair is being blown around the house. YAY!!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-07-2014, 02:36 AM

Guys today was fantastic!
My brother will be moving out, and its a civil move out. So he and I got to talk and not yell at each other all day. We got a bunch of cleaning done, and I helped him pack some boxes and understand how to go through his things and consolidate. I managed to get something like six bags of trash outside to the big trash can, and emptied the recycling container we fill up inside before taking it out into the cold. Than I got the living room, playroom, and office touched up. AND a little bit in the kitchen, including two loads of dishes! Woohooo!!
Tomorrow I'm hoping to get to vacuuming. :] and moving my husbands desk in the office so that its by the home phone. That way he can make business calls easier. . . Instead of sitting on the floor. haha.

I spent several hours on the phone sorting things out with bill places. And yay for me! I found out my gas/electric bill is covered by the governement for a couple months, and my internet bill got reduced, but keeping the same services! Who knew just calling them could lower the bill! I'm pretty pumped.

I'm also super tired and will be heading up with my baby to bed, and playing some pokemon. Currently playing Soul Silver to try to complete the Pokedex. Ran into Entei twice today! .. I have yet to actually beat the game. but darn is it fun anyways. I'm gonna transfer everything up to black when i complete the pokedex. Than up to X probably when the pokebank comes out. Super excited to get the Celebi that comes with it! It's so darn cute. :O

Reminder to self: find a triple A battery so i can finish the couple art thingys I'm working on... I want my tablet back xD

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 AM

I stole a battery from the tv remote so I could art yesterday and today! Finished Maiden Rose Jones! It's not my best, but i love how the frame turned out.

Today I'd been planning to clean, but had a playdate instead which was super fun. I love going over there and being able to relate to the mom so well. Someone my age going through the same things is AmAzInG! The kids had great fun together to, watching pitch perfect and dancing. I'd say good day.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-10-2014, 01:55 AM

So I broke down this morning. :D But it meant that I actually asked my dad for some help. And he came over and we got three rooms clean, and the laundry and dishes nearly finished. <3 I love my Dad.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-11-2014, 01:33 AM

I woke up healthy this morning which felt amazing. I'd gotten a surprisingly great sleep because of randomly getting sick last night a few hours before bed. Hubby took the kids so I could rest, and it was apparently what I had been needing. So we got to go out and have a playdate at our friends house! It was great fun, but poor C was exhausted, so we ended up cutting it short when her fiance got home from work. Pretty sure he checked out my butt cause it was the first time he'd actually said my name. o.O Which . xD felt kind of awesome to be checked out, and feel attractive. Which means!!! Baby fat is going away WOOHOO!!! I'm going to be back to my adorable self again soon.
This makes me super happy!!!!

So I'm planning to get back to my squats again and crunches to tighten up my stomach even more. Hopefully sometime in the next couple months I'm going to be back down to my size 11/12 pants. That would thrill me to no end. I also wouldn't have to buy new clothes if that can happen!

Hubby cooked dinner when we got home. and I watched Aristocats with the kids. It's been a rather nice quiet enjoyable day.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-12-2014, 03:16 AM

I completely forgot to mention yesterday, that I found my ring on my dresser yesterday. Hubby had found it somewhere in the bedrrom and put it there for me! I was super excited to get it back.
But today was a great day too. My mother in law came over and we made cookies and did dishes. And Mary played with her Uncle and we just all had a blast. The video camera was going off alot. xD So many things happened today and I just have so much fun hanging out with my in-laws. Lily even sat in her walker today for a couple minutes at a time. Looks like she may be using it within the next month or so. How exciting!! and she's only 2 months. o.o her neck strength and leg strength are amazing. With just a tiny bit of support she can stand, sit, and hold up her head. ALREADY. the head is all on her own to. She's an amazing infant.

When they were about to leave they tried to kidnap Mary. xD So we packed her a bag. gave her hugs and kisses, and told her she could spend a couple days out at Grandma and Grandpas with her uncle. :] i think they're going to have a blast. But its going to be crazy not having her around. o.o

Hubby gets tomorrow off to. Which is going to be nice. Maybe we can get a little bit of quiet time together. Where we can get back in touch with our lovey dovey side. Plus my brother is moving out tomorrow! So its like we're actually going to have our OWN HOME!!! It feels like we're finally getting our own family. and i love my family to death and beyond. But geez, i don't need them living with me. Just close enough to visit. :3 I've got my own family now. ^-^

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 01:10 PM

So last night I tried to make a post from my 2ds that for some reason wouldn't go through at all. Technology hates me sometimes. So here is is! :

So much awesome stuff happened yesterday, that I just did not get a chance to post it! First I'd just like to start by saying that hubby and I are finally close again. I think maybe our fighting time is over! Yay!!We got some much needed... cuddle time.
Update on Mary we got was that she is having a blast at Grandma's, running around the house like a maniac. :D She's probably playing catch with their dog too, now that she can actually throw a ball somewhat properly. It doesn't go far. but its adorable.

yesterday was also when my brother moved out of our house. So we've gotten to switch back to its just our house. We don't have to please anyone else's tastes. just ours. I went on a major cleaning spree trying to repair all the damage that hasn't been getting touched while I have the chance to. My Dad came over to help him move out, as well as a two days ago now repairing the toilet that was broken. (kind of a big deal) James was also able to help because he had been given the day off work, I sort of helped. But I had to feed Lilly so yay, no heavy lifting for me! haha

So, now that all my brothers disaster stuff is out of the office, I've finally been able to get to the organzing, and cleaning, and setting up of my art desk that has absolutely needed to happen!! It's looking clean, and like a livable area finally. I'm super happy with it. Still alot more work to do, but so much progress has already happened during the day yesterday. My mom also sent over a stationary exercise bike. Really fancy one with all these buttons and heart tracking monitor thingys. Don't really know how it works. But it has some kind of challenge thing on it. Programs and such. that's in the office now to where my brothers desk used to be. It should be a big asset along with the exercise routine that James and I are doing.

We're starting over the squat and abs challenge to try to tighten up our tummys and bums. We don't really need to lose to much wait, its more fat to get off. We did day 1 (and now that its several hours after when I intended to post this... i've also done my 55 squats for the day already!) yesterday, of the 30 day challenge. It made me feel fantastic but out of breath, and my legs were burning. Which is good! So i'm pretty pumped of how this month is going to go. I've also had him take a before picture. Though he only took it of my stomach, not my whole body like i'd meant him to *rolls eyes* Silly hubby.
We're keeping track of what we've done throughout the day on these little dry erase boards i acquired years ago somewhere. They're super useful for everything! I'm planning to use the third board to keep track of things i figure out we need to buy at some point, like laundry detergent, a vacuum cleaner, and a kitchen table since ours is dying.
Speaking of which, my brother left us his vacuum cleaner and dishes to use until we move out. Thank God, cause my vacuum cleaner needs to just be thrown out. Its a super cheepo i got for my college dorm 4? years ago just incase it was taken by someone else when I left.

So anyways, I was able to start cleaning and going through boxes that have been stored in the office. Now have some plans that will make the house function better for what our little family needs. And I decided I will sell one of our old tv enterntainment centers. It's in great condition, its just to small for our TV. xD And finally!! My art supplies are accessible!! WOOHOOO

Okay, last topic before I try to get back to sleep (which didn't happen) Lilly was up for an hour just talking happily. She's going to be even chattier than her Sister I think. and yesterday she got some amazing tummy time while hubby and i were working out. She can lift her head so well! It's amazing. I think she's going to just start crawling any day out of the blue.

Last edited by Shadami; 01-13-2014 at 03:14 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-13-2014, 03:14 PM

This is my "before" picture. Or rather what I currently look like on Day 2 of my exercise routine. I'm hoping after these 30 days that I will actually see some kind of improvement...So yay!

i worked on lots of art today. I managed to get one contest entry done. And quite a bit more of the phoenix finished.

Last edited by Shadami; 01-13-2014 at 10:31 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 AM

Not meaning to spam the thread with millions of pictures... but i finished another art today!!
So Link to the phoenix. This completes the art I was doing for Dystopia towards the bee and panda headphones I was questing. Yay!! Now to check my trades. haha.

Not to much to report on the last couple days. It's been a pretty steady flow of cleaning and good feelings because so much is getting done. I got the trash and recycling out on time. We opened Lilly's savings account and already have 79 dollars in it for her because of Christmas money that came in! I also managed to start washing down walls and cleaing windows in preperation of the house going on the market in April. I even got a little bit of garden cleaning done while it was sunny out!

Hubby and I got to go shopping today, and made a pizza for dinner that was delicious. While we watched Grease, one of my favorite movies growing up. It was nice to think of my childhood again. Ahhh happy times.

Oh and one last thing before I forget. Hubby is faxing some things in to Nelnet tomorrow about his student loans and that should save on some costs here! Yay!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-17-2014, 02:34 AM

I got a bunch more walls and door frames scrubbed today. The house is looking a lot cleaner that it was a month ago. i'm pretty pumped!! I got some dishes done, and the laundry collected. 3 rooms got vacuumed. And I finished my exercises nearly. Have to finish up my situps when I head upstairs with hubby.

Did get a notification from medicaid that they're reviewing our case, and that while they are we are still covered. So that's good. I do need to callt hem and foodstamps though cause i can't recall if I told them both about our changed rent costs... hmmm

I think these were from this day... So this was what I went through trying to put together an avi for the turkey club... er item. :D

It didn't take nearly as many changes as the scepter of chaos. Perhaps I'm getting better?

Last edited by Shadami; 01-18-2014 at 08:23 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 AM

researched hhow to do the exercises properrly today and implementef them in today's routine. . apparantly id done a few slightly wrong. Haha. its a painful but good burn ifeel today from the exercises.I'm happy.

Lilly rolled over today!! several times in fact, while we were at the drs. it's been a pretty awesome day. but tiring.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-18-2014, 08:21 PM

I've already got the house clean for the day. And managed to get outside and get a little bit of shoveling done as well. Though its only the parking space for Hubby to come home to a clean parking space. xD That's more than I thought I would accomplish outside. The dishwasher is loaded and just has a little bit more to fill before I start it. But the counter is super clean instead of covered in dirty dishes <3

I've finished over half my exercises today. Just have the fairly easy crunches. The modified pushups to make them doable for myself and my weak arm strength I'm trying to improve. And the difficult but worth every one, leg lifts! Seriously. They're hard. I'm so proud of myself for almost being done with day 7! This is my second run through of the 30 day challenge. Let's see what happens by the end. Both girls are asleep now. So i think I'm going to try to get some more art done.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-21-2014, 03:39 AM

Mary and I managed to get some shoveling done today! Than we made tacos for dinner. Which of course is my favoritest food in the whole wide world! We had a pretty great day together. Played shopping cart, and she helped me do crunches. And we danced in the kitchen and sang. It was a pretty good day.

I played the new Pokemon GL game today, and am going to check to see if the bank is open!! <3 because oh boy do I want that awesome app of awesomeness.

Oh and yesterday Lilly rolled over again. or was that today... ugh can't keep track of the days at all.
Mary is on the mend after her ear infection. She's much happier than she was earlier this week.

Yesterday was also feast. And I made it! Some months I just can't pull together the time, or brain power to go. But we managed this month. Next month is my turn to host *panics* I've already started planning the program, and thinking of how I'm going to prep the house, and what meals and such.
Not to mention I've started trying to plan a list of pre-k "classes" for Mary and Lily. Kind of a practice to confirm that I'm going to be able to handle homeschooling. Been doing a ton of research. Which... I n some strange way makes me happy. Now to get hubby to talk to me about it <3

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-23-2014, 05:05 AM

Mary and I finished shoveling the driveway, so its finally clear as of 2? days ago? I forget now.
yesterday we made stir fey for diner, it was delicious. and tonight we gad Alfredo Viola meal. also delicious. its just not homemade like the story fry was.

I got to soak in a nice warm bubble bath avoiding the scary negative temperatures outside. and we for a notice saying our forbearance has been approved for one of the student loans! super pumped about that since it means less bills to try to get money for, for at least a couple months.
I have been studying up more on homeschooling and really looking forward to it and a new house. without having to buy anything I have been working with Mary using blocks. they're letter and number ones that have pictures. trying to get her to talk. at least putting the idea of numbers, left and right, next to, on top, and middle into her head. she has been stacking blocks over 5 high though!!! which is a huge improvement ob her knock over towers others build and not even try to build one myself that she was doing.

as far as art goes, I'm looking to enter poppets contedt soon I think. and work on an art trade with ashtyn, and art foe booty with Chi.
this is the end of day 11 of my 30 day challenge, yay for tomorrow being a rest day.
note a little change to it though. pushups ate staying at 50 now that sirups and crunches have matched each other and crunches have moved on. until leg raises catches up to 50, and than it will be following their number. thus is an attempt to try to strengthen my arms and do some full pushups, instead of just modified.

lilliana did move a bit today. schooched forward a couple inches maybe. sat in the highchair strapped in. bur her head was up pretty much the whole time.

oh and I finished jigglypuff and my second entry for queen kat

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-26-2014, 04:22 AM

i can't even think about what has happened since two days ago. Today has been a whirlwind of cleaning the house and packing boxes. We're preparing for a move, sometime in February probably? I got most of my exercises done today too! So still going pretty strong there. A picture update will be coming tomorrow!! It's day 14 now. So i've only missed my leg raises. Which if Lilliana is still sleeping after I finish swapping laundry loads. i'm going to knock out some of them that I have left. But I did half a mile uphill climb on an exercise bike. So I'm not to stressed about having missed them.

i got a little bit of posting done today too which is pretty exciting. And I worked a bit more on Poppets contest art. It's coming along slowly. But at least I'm making progress on some kind of art each day. I even did an adorable little flabebe for the pinata park! Coolios to that!

Lots of budget planning happened today in preparation for planning what to use tax return for. Looks like I should be covered for almost the entire year for student loan payments if I use it wisely!! woohooo!! Feeling less stressed about all kinds of things. And got to spend a lovely day with hubby. Even though it was me working to clean the house. It was so nice to have him home. I mean.. i do kind of love cleaning the house, i feel so accomplished after I get things like that done.

Off to swap loads now. I'll see if I can think of more awesome things that have happened tomorrow. <3 It's been a good year so far I think!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 01-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Click on thumbnail for full view Click on thumbnail for full view
I can't figure out if i've actually improved over the last 15 days by look. But i definetly feel like the exercises are getting easier. So that's one thing at least.

After yesterdays crazy cleaning program, and this mornings exercises. i'm already feeling all wobbly. it's quite a work out! But it feels great. Laundry is getting done. We had a wonderful breakfast as a family. And I've invited my parents and brother over to play board games later. i thought it might be fun. :]

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-01-2014, 12:23 AM

wow, it has been a few days since I was able to post. we went up to my in laws for a mini vacation. . kind of to get away from the stress of the house. it was a wonderful visit. we talked and played fun family game. things or something. it reminded me of sniglets which is a game I really want to get ahold of... well that and cards against humanity. and dominion. and muncgkins.
okey so I love fun party games.I can't wait until the girls get older and we can play board and card games together!!

we've got a couple leads on apartments and jobs. hubby may have a job soon thar will even get us off foodstamps!!! its gonna be a good change for us.
today I got a couple more boxes out. and I was finally able to mail out one of our Christmas cards. Haha. two left! I'm hoping to start mailing letters to people. <3

well time for dinner and I think I've just gotten Lilly asleep.

This is my avatar for my new quest item I got. Scepter of Order! :D
As well as my bee headphones!

Last edited by Shadami; 02-10-2014 at 08:31 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-10-2014, 08:24 PM

Oh my gosh, its been 10 days since I posted last. Things got crazy busy.and i got upset :O But in all that time good things have happened to. Hubby and I are bonding again, and we got to back out and visit his parents again. Mary also had her first surgery. Putting tubes in her ears, and now she's getting her words and signs back. i'm really excited to see her getting better already.

It is also our Anniversary. My mom is coming over to take the girls for a bit so that we can go have a dinner together. Gonna see if i can get a little drink to :3 even though I'm missing my wallet... But I already have some rum at home. Wait. Hubby is letting me now! YAYAlso we've been playing minecraft, and setting up homeschooling worlds. ANd its.. just been some great family time. Working towards getting jobs and everything. Even with all the bad. there has just been so much good. i just needed to think about it ^-^

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 07:51 PM

Our Anniversary dinner was amazing. We went out to a Japanese Hibachi steak house. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was amazing. We got put at a table with two other couples, who ALSO had 2 kids. So we just sat and laughed and had a good time. Hubby and I are enjoying each others company more. I'm having a good time even though times are tough.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-18-2014, 11:00 PM

Okay so wow... I haven't posted anything since just shortly after our anniversary? It's been kind of a crazy hectic, busy time!!
First Update: The house
I have been packing and cleaning something pretty much every single day. The downstairs bathroom is completely done, I washed down the walls and scrubbed the floors and cabinets even! It's been a couple weeks so I need to redo the sink and toilet. but that is just maintenance. So I'm pretty psyched about that. It's like walking into a shiny room even though there isn't really much reflective surfaces. It is incredibly bright now that I've taken dirt off the walls we didn't even know was there!!
The upstairs hallway has been completely emptied of boxes now. They've been gone through and what was to be kept packed up and stored in the storage room. And now I'm working on those walls as well. (that was a task from today actually!)

The apartment search is a process, but Mom may have found a place for us that is a rent to own home for 500!! I actually need to call her and see how it went.
This house may have a buyer, as does Mum and Dad's house. Pretty exciting things happening.

My Dad got the job out in Michigan!! It's going to be weird to not be in the same state as him.. but I'm so happy for him!

Lilliana can now roll from her back to her front, though very rarely. from her front to her back is a cinch though. She's starting to crawl-ish. It's mostly squirm in a circle or push slightly forward or backwards. And she just discovered her toes int he last couple days and they're just the best toy ever.

Mary of course is getting super big. She is using her signs alot more often, and is sort of forming words though we seem to have a back and forth wether she is progressing or regressing. Cause she knows the word, but now she just mouths it. *rolls eyes* i think she's just being a bum head.

Oh and I'm training a rotom party and have almost all the ribbons for them!!Going to take on the Elite four soon! WoHOO!!!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 AM

Lilliana had her her first 3/4 of an applesauce jar today. :D super excited for her!

Also have a crazy huge opportunity coming up. Possible move to Long Island... Not sure how I feel about it. But it would be a big change, and lots of opportunities from it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 03-22-2014, 04:06 PM

Got the Syne Battleaxe awhile ago. And decided to make a new avatar for it, even though it wasn't directly from my current quest.
Here is the process of making the avatar for it.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-13-2014, 07:37 PM

Okay, so I haven't posted in an awful long time for sadness reasons. But I had to update on a few things. Lilliana is now sitting up on her own, and she can crawl around really well now. Her 6 month appointment is in a week or so. I can't wait to see what my food loving baby weighs in at.
Mary will be 2 years at the end of the month!! We're going to have a frozen themed party for her on the 24th. And this upcoming Saturday is my brothers graduation. with two degrees!!! Super proud of him.

Went looking for jobs, and have the potential to get into an art shop that works with yo0ung artists to try to get their name out there. The guy helps give pointers on the paintings so that skill can be improved. Some of the artists there have even gone international. !!! So i'm really hoping he likes the stuff I do. And that I can get some landscaping stuff done soon. >.> he said that is what sells.

Hubby and I are also working through some major relatioonship problems we've been having. And ew've been much happier over the last couple weeks than ... the last years. xD so yay!