emo_vamp_since_1994
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM

"Yes, I traveled very far to get here, it's a shame I was late arriving. If I would have gotten here earlier I could have rested up a bit," She paused. Beginning to think to herself, Dear God, he noticed--I hope he doesn't get too curious, what I did is strongly frowned upon in my country along with the other Blue-Bloods here--I don't want to be treated poorly, I might as well be truthful because lying even worse that driving my own carriage. "My shoulders and back are a rather sore from the drive, my driver fell ill about half-way here. I demanded him to rest and let me handle it--so that he would be able to take himself and the carriage back home safely."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 10-26-2011, 02:52 AM

"Amelia Ruthenford Baroness of Ruthengrad." she said to him in her normal formal voice, nodding her head as she introduced herself, a frown graced her face once ore as she thought of something. "Well, Prince Nathanial i guess we all should figure out what we are going to-" she had stopped talking when she caught the smell of something very familuar to her, a soft smile made its way onto her face. "You came on horse back........pardon me, i know you must be tired and would like to freshen up." she said to him as she curstied once more, he was of higher rank then she so she was doing what she was thaught. "I hope we can speak again." she whispered, curtysing again before she turned once more to make her way down the stairs, stopping to look back up at him once more. She thought about a couple of things that she was going to say to him but changed her mind, after all she knew that like herself that he was probably tired and just wantted to eat, bath and sleep.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-28-2011, 05:30 AM

Ace turned around when Elise came up and started explaining what she was hiding. He could understand why she was hiding it and why she did it but it doesn't change what she did. Truth be told she might not be the only one, for one even if it wasn't despised where he was from he did help his driver fix the broken carriage wheel which made him late. Besides he didn't need to make any enemies or upset anyone, at least for now. Not just that, he'd be a hypocrite if he said otherwise. "I'm glad you're truthful, it's the one quality I do not like. I understand Elise, but...ah nevermind I don't how to finish what I'm thinking." He paused on the steps for a moment, then continued up til he was on the ground floor. "If you would like or let me I could help ease the soreness?"

emo_vamp_since_1994
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2011, 12:32 PM

She deciding not to hide her rather pained expressions any longer, feeling somewhat relieved that she had confessed to listening ears. She let out a long drawn out sigh, then relaxing her perfect posture, to help relieve some of the pain she was feeling, "If you could, that would that be wonderful because I would hate to be in this pain for too long." But before she could utter another word her stomach growled loudly, "We should probably have something to eat first--well after you take your thing to your room--I could help if you'd like."

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 10-28-2011, 06:04 PM

"Right, I almost forgot. I'll just unpack later, but I would love if you'd walk with me" Ace gave a smile small before continuing his search for a room. It didn't take too long to find one, and the one he found was just perfect, not too small and not to big. When Ace stepped inside he set down his bags at the foot of his bed and looked around. It wasn't quite his room or his home but it will have to do. Besides he could always move things around or change to his liking. And seeing as they have no servants, he knew he's have no disdainful looks from any of the royals here. Upon turning around and walking out the door he "Let's get ourselves down the Dining Hall shall we?"

emo_vamp_since_1994
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2011, 09:57 PM

"I would love to and going down to the Dining Hall, sounds like a wonderful idea--but finding the Dining Hall is an entirely different animal," Elise grinned truly excited to have help a conversation as long as she had with the young man, "Does anyone know which way the Dining Hall is? I don't actually have a map or know where a map is--or even know they layout of the castle, unfortunatley."

Last edited by emo_vamp_since_1994; 11-02-2011 at 02:40 AM..

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Nerine had fixed her dress out a little, thanking Zamir with a small smile as she listened to the others. The prince that had walked past them had earned the princess a small scowl. The guy was a jerk. She would, hopefully not have to deal with him until later. She would just have to try and avoid him for as long as possible. It was to be expected. Not all royals were pleasant. Some of them, like the ones in her company were. Those where who she had hung out with. The blond almost laughed, and chuckled lightly as she shook her head. "We'll hurry up, so you can go eat." As soon as she said that, she went back up the stairs with a small nod to the others and picked up what she could. Hearing Elise's question, she shook her head. "I haven't a faintest clue. We've just arrived as well." she reminded her with a chuckle.

----------

Jaden smirked at his tone. It was apparent the other duke hadn't expected to be roped into such a task. However, he refused to do it all the time. And it really was only fair. If need be, he would just make sure to get him once the meals were done. Surely Samuel would not run from it. It wasn't Such a horrible job. Just tedius.

"True... They can handle their own things. I think." That made him wonder if he would make the princess wash her own plate. Maybe. He wasn't sure just yet, but considering he was hungry, it seemed like a good idea. "I have been busy with the prince and his antics, but other than that, the usual. Making sure everythg in my home is doing good." It was a well known fact that Zeaola's prince was a bit of a prankster and just 'free'. He was also the friend of the prince, so his job was to at least control his friend and prince to make sure the man didn't start any wars.

His attention was brought to a new arrival, a male. He recognized him vaguely. If he remembered correctly, he was a relative of the king. He nodded in a greeting before he finished the dishes. "It was cooked by the Princess Ayame." he replied.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 AM

The silver eyed duke smiled at his friend's reply. On the verge of making a comment about Prince Adrian as well, Samuel turned to face Jaden as he polished off a few utensils dry. But he found that his friend's attention was now on another person who had just entered the room. Samuel also looked to see who it was but returned his focus to what he was drying as soon as his eyes landed on the familiar face of the heir to Mirarenn's throne. If anything, he hoped he wouldn't have much to do with that troublesome man. In the past few years, it seemed that every time they met the prince would somehow manage to draw Samuel's ire through his overly prideful conduct. The duke was finding it progressively difficult to keep himself from punching the higher ranking man. How unfortunate it was that Zhima was on trading terms with Mirarenn. They also traded with Linneave, a kingdom farther south whose leader Samuel found equally irritating though for different reasons entirely.

Deciding it was best not to pay him any mind for now, Samuel continued to dry the dishes that Jaden was done with until he was ready to return them to their respective cupboards and shelves. He kept an ear out for their conversation, though, as he delivered the dining utensils to their proper places.

Last edited by MintyRey; 11-11-2011 at 06:51 AM..

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 11-11-2011, 07:04 PM

The eastern princess, lost in her thoughts for a moment shook her head slightly to come out of her daze. The Prince Jasper was surely a character, a seemingly prideful one at that, but she took mental note to mind herself around him. Ayame wouldn't want to be involved with such an arrogant man. She picked up the last bits of conversation, perking up again with a bright smile towards Elise and Nerine as she found that her earlier arrival could be of some help. "Ah! I believe I can be of some help, it's a short distance from here, really." One of her hands stretched slowly out to point down the hallway, her delicate ring finger directing them. "Just down the corridor, around the courtyard, and it will be on your left. There is food placed out already, and many more ingredients and game about the kitchen if you'd prefer to cook."

It was then that she took a moment to look about the small group that had gathered in the hall, vaguely aware of the keys and locks strung about their neck as well as her own. Sighing softly to herself, she wondered if any of them had figured out their matches just now-- not that she would ask, so as not to be nosy.

[I edited my earlier post with her a bit, just so she could be involved. Doesn't really change anything, she's just downstairs with the group still.]

Jasper's topaz eyes shot up towards the duke who answered his question, staring at him and his companion for a moment before his blank expression twisted. His nose wrinkled and his gaze iced over, his forehead furrowing the slightest bit-- he was revolted. It was decent cooking, yes, to say the least, but for his taste it was definitely lacking. "Under-seasoned, over-cooked..." he muttered to himself, staring down at his place once more, prodding the warm, roasted chicken with his fork.

Sighing shortly, exasperatedly, he stood abruptly, reaching across the table in the most un-graveful manner to grab a bowl of salt to throw haphazardly about the plate of food. He didn't seem to mind cleaning up the mess he'd made around his plate as he took a small, testing bite. Again came a face was made on his part, this time because of the over-seasoning he'd done with the excess of salt. Pushing has plate away from him, he again stood, slowly this time to turn his gaze over towards the lady sitting at the table before flickering over towards the two dukes. Amusement glimmered in his eyes now as he walked over to the kitchen, leaving the salt strewn about the place he'd been sitting and his plate at the center of the table.

"How fitting," he mused to himself, watching them do the dishes. Then, ignoring his earlier comment, a sly grin slid across his face as he leaned casually against one of the counters in order to speak with them more easily. "I presume you're both here to find some lovely damsel to take your hand? It is silly, I daresay," he began, "To think that a woman who could not cook a decent chicken would be here. I have yet to meet the others, but mayhaps there ought to actually be a decent wife among them." He looked down at one of his hands casually, a silver engagement band already placed about his slim ring finger. His father had proposed the idea that he take it, and he daren't upset the old baboon, even in his ridiculous ways. "Praytell, what kind of grand trophy do you gentlemen wish to bring home to your kingdoms? Beautiful, talented, able to carry herself on her own?" His tone was polite now, contrary to his earlier, casual insult of both men, though it still hung dry in the air. His prideful nature was showing more than ever, not that he would care to mask it in front of other royalty.

[Yeahh-- he'll be a bit of a jerk, as forewarned.]

Last edited by Arc Angel; 11-11-2011 at 07:07 PM..

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 AM

His reaction had been a good one. Yes this man may make a good friend/ally or maybe even more. Maiara might not have shown it, but she was a little afraid he would have the normal negative reaction that most had to hobbies and her outright defiance. She tilted her head slightly as she looked up at him once more. “You’re not like most royals are you?” She gave him a sly grin before changing the subject to answer his question. “It’s always good to have plan and it also helps when you have partners in crime. If my coachman did as I instructed both my horse and glaive should be in the stables.” Her coachman, Jake, had been her friend and partner in crime since childhood.

He chuckled slightly and gave a nod, letting her go down the stairs. Turning slightly he watched her. “I’m sure that we will be able to speak again Miss Amelia and it was nice meeting you.” He gave her a warm smile and hesitated a moment. It had looked like she wanted to say something more to him, but maybe he had been wrong. He moved and started to climb the stairs once again. Freshening up was the first thing he had in mind. Wandering down the hall, it took him a little bit, but he finally found the room his luggage was in. He pick out something comfortable to change into then went in search of the bath.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 AM

Ameila adjusted her dress as she continued down the stairs to get her trunk back up the stairs to her room that she was staying in for now. Once she reached the front door, she sighed and looked around once more before grabbing her trunk and making her way, painfully slow up the stairs, what she really wantted to do was make an area where she could work on pottery and hopefully get through her time in this place. She grunted as she struggled up the stairs with the heavy trunk, sighing in relief once she finally got it to her room. She then grabbed her bath things that her maid had packed into her trunk, along with a new clean outfit and a towel before she went in search of a bathroom, finally finding one that was marked for the females.

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Ace didn't think about that, he didn't even know where it was. Or maybe he did. if that's were the rude royal went on his down the stairs. "Hmmm.." He thought quietly as he looked over to Nerine, and nodded. Ace moved further downstairs, he was going to go look for it when another lady mentioned she could help. He stopped and looked over in her direction and listened to her directions. "Ah, thank you." And with that he set off hopefully with Elise in tow, he traveled down the corridor, into a courtyard. Ace looked around... the girl said it would be on his. My left.. he thought as he looked over to his left.

emo_vamp_since_1994
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-27-2011, 12:32 AM

"Thank you for your assistance, Madam," Elise called after to Nerine as she started to follow directly behind Ace, "Any food sounds like good food to me, I just hope we do not incounter any of those ruder people. I would truly hate to run into any of them with me being as tired as I am."

Elise chuckle softly, as she continued walking, her stomach growling loudly as they finally arrived at the kitchen door, somewhat dreading the opening of it.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM

"Perhaps your tastes are a little more...discerning than most, Prince Jasper. I see no evidence that the princess has prepared the meal in an unsatisfactory way.", Samuel finally said. The duke, now done with returning everything to the cupboards, hung the damp cloths he had used to dry the dishes on an iron bar by the kitchen sink before continuing. "And surely you would agree, the way a lady cooks chicken can not be the only aspect she should be judged upon. I've met many men who prefer grace, skill, and intelligence in their wives over culinary ability. Practical characteristics a mere 'trophy' could never possess."

Samuel now turned to face the scion to the Eveque line. The disparity between them was evident, not just in their points of view but in their physical appearance. Though he disagreed with the prince, the duke kept a courteous smile on his face and made sure to carefully choose his words. "I myself hope to meet someone who isn't always so stuck up." He paused to observe Jasper's reaction, wondering if he would notice that the last two words were aimed more at him than anyone else. Even if he did, Samuel doubted the smug prince would give a damn. " A charming lady who knows what fun is.", Samuel continued, still keeping an amiable front. "And what of you? Do you still wish for an acquiescent lover?"

Last edited by MintyRey; 11-27-2011 at 07:20 PM..

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 11-28-2011, 01:56 AM

Ace chuckled, "Indeed anything sounds delicious as long as it is edible to say the least." He opened the door, seeing as she was hesitant to do so. Her hopes were dashed, the guy who was at the steps earlier is still in here. But that wasn't the only ghastly site, there was salt strewn about the table and floor. Ace didn't need to ask whose plate that was he already knew. "Go ahead m'lady, take a seat."

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 AM

It took Nathanial a little while, but he finally found the bath marked for the males. Going in he sat his change of clothes on a chair then started to prepare the bath. Right now he didn’t care if the water was hot or cold as long as he could clean up before meeting the others he would be living with for the next month. Once he had the bath full he undressed and climbed into the lukewarm water. Closing his eyes he let himself relax. Soaking couldn’t hurt with the way he smelled from travelling on horseback. No need to rush since I’m already late anyway, he thought to himself. He took his time cleaning in the bath.

After he finished with his bath he dried off with a towel was laying in the chair where he had set his clothes. Once he finished drying off he looked around a bit. “I wonder where I should put this…” Unsure of where to put the towel he just tossed it on the floor by the chair. He got dressed rather quickly. Mother I’m going to try to make the most of this, but I can’t promise anything. He thought about the last words he had said to his mother before saying goodbye. She had looked at him so hopeful that he’d finally find a good woman to become his queen. His thoughts were interrupted by his stomach demanding food. “I guess the kitchen would be a good place to start looking for the others and to also grab something to eat.” Off he went in search of the kitchen, after dropping off his dirty clothes in his room.

emo_vamp_since_1994
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 AM

"At least you agree with me on that, most people would starve themselves just because the food didn't settle on their palate right and demand another meal, that has always seemed to bothered me because there's people in the world that are starving right now and would love to eat even their leftovers," Elise responded softly as she entered the kitchen. "Are you sure, Ace? I mean, I could help you fix the plates. I don't want you to feeling like I'm completely helpless because I'm not."

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 PM

"I didn't mean it that way, sorry. And if you like to help me, be my guest." Ace offered up a apologetic smile. Besides he didn't know how much or what she even wanted.

(( WOW SUPER SHORT D: ))

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 AM

One of his palms played out against the cupboards, a grinned played across Jasper's lips at the duke's reply. A trophy wife was quite along the lines of what he desired- beautiful, skilled, able to withhold any boldness- that is precisely what he wanted. Thus, amusement couldn't help but dance in the fair skinned prince's eyes as he replied smugly, "Indeed." Then taking a full-on lean against said cupboards, he tilted his head back lazily in a rather inelegant manner, his head gently resting against the wall behind him as a look of disgust bloomed in his facial expression. Eyebrows furrowing together slightly, eyes narrowing, lips pursing at the thought of what the duke had described in a woman. The earlier insult hadn't flown right past him, but he was far more interested in finding the meaning in what a wife of substance could ever offer a man. "I cannot see your reasoning," he let his lips part in a soft, almost delicate sigh, his head lifting itself once more to look at the other royal at an angle. "I, myself, would prefer a woman who can simply hold her tongue. Possessing some sort of skill would be ideal, but if she makes up for it in beauty, then she would do."

He shrugs slightly, his gaze then shifting to look at the two who had just entered. First glancing at the man, his eyes moved to the lady he accompanied, mingling there for a moment before lifting back up and over to Samuel once again. It was as if he'd dismissed them, denied them greeting in a matter of moments with the casual flick of his gaze.

Ayame would nod and curtsy gracefully towards the two before ascending the stairs beyond the pair, wishing to explore further.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Ameila stood out side the kitchen, hidden off to the side to where no one would see her when they enter or leave the room, standing there, listening to what was being said inside. After she had put everything in her room she had made her way to the kitchen to get something to eat, but she had heard something that intrigued her, she knew that it wasn't poliet to easvedrop but who knew if they would stop talking about it when she walked in. She stayed hidden, listening as she played with the steampunk lock neckalace, bitting her lip, wondering for the first time since she had gotten there. She wantted to know who had the key to her neckalace, would the man be disappointted in who he had gotten, and if he would regret having to be stuck with her.

MintyRey
N00b

Old 12-07-2011, 05:50 PM

"Well Prince, I'm sure you'll find who you're looking for sooner or later." The duke doubted he would be able to put a dent in Jasper's rigid opinions at all. He reluctantly gave up thinking of anything else to say for the time being. Samuel noticed the newcomers at about the same time the prince had. But, unlike his aloof companion, the dark haired youth warmly welcomed the two. "Good afternoon. I don't believe I've seen you two around the castle earlier. Have you just arrived?"

Had he known there was a third person who also joined them, he would have greeted her as well. Alas, he had been too preoccupied with conversation to have noticed when she had slipped in. The fact that she kept herself out of sight afterwards also contributed to his obliviousness.

emo_vamp_since_1994
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-12-2011, 11:48 PM

"It's quite alright--no harm done, Ace. I will help you though," Elise spoke a soft grin crept back across her face, it vanished when she realized there were other people about the kitchen.

She even noted the who seemed to examine her for a few brief moments, then going over to the cupboard standing about two feet from him, she looked up at the man leaning on them, "Excuse me, Sir."