Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 12-31-2011, 05:54 PM

Hence party tonight!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:12 PM

I'm just going to posting the new year in. As always. Well, when 2010 came, no! And 2011, too, I think! That or 2009. Our Internet was messed up due to a complicated issue with upgrading from December 30th, 2009 to January 4th, 2010. Another time, our Internet went down for a couple seconds when the new year hit. And at the same time my oldest sister lost her phone! :XD

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 12-31-2011, 06:30 PM

Be a HERO and Help STOP SOPA Now!! I'll tell you How! This Video that Must Be SHARED! - YouTube Please share this video with everyone you know. It is vital that people see this and spread the word. Sopa and it's counterparts must be stopped!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 PM

I already know about it. That better not pass! :gonk:

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 12-31-2011, 06:46 PM

Nintendo, EA, Others Vanish From SOPA Supporter List At least many former supporters of Sopa are backing off.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuzaKC View Post
Hi Emma! Mind if I drop in? ^^ I noticed it's a bit quiet here so I decided to stop by. :D
Hiya!
Yeah it is :(
Ah well - hopefully it'll start picking up!
Sorry for not responding quicker!
I went visiting wineries today and left not long before you posted :3
How are you enjoying the event?

And happy early new years!
-most likely won't be up at midnight LOL-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze_Mole View Post
Hi Emma!
Sorry I haven't responded to your wall of text in your quest thread - I just moved back to the US a week ago and I've been frantically trying to get crap done before school and work start back. >.<

How have you been?
That's ok hun!!
I was never able to respond to your wall of text in Andi's thread because I've been so hectic busy and then it just kind of got way too buried in the thread for me to respond to :gonk:
So don't be sorry because the same thing happened to me in our other thread LOL!

Mini yay for moving back though!
Did you have a good reunion with everyone? :D

Oo - when do you start school up again?

I've been good - busy as hell - but good!
I'm putting off plans for the baby right now because right now we're getting the store established and I just don't have money for my own place right now, let alone the money to put towards AI or foster care (it's easier to do foster care first and then adopt the foster children because the relationship has already been established, versus just going to try and adopt cold turkey) - but I'm okay with that because I'd rather have my own place than living where I am now when I have a baby/adopt a child, ya know? So once the store starts booming like it should (as we're already having repeat customers and we just got a can order for the Mayoral Inauguration this weekend) and I start getting more income coming in, I'm going to re-look at the whole baby thing and go from there :3
Hopefully by next Fall I'll be able to start the process :3

Other than that, I've just been busy with work and getting that up and going - We just visited a few local wineries and got some different jams, vinegars, etc. from there to put into our baskets - we also bought a lot of maple syrup products from a local maple syrup company so that'll be a great addition - and we have a candle maker coming in on Saturday to give us a catalog and a few samples so we might be adding candles into our scent collection as well! All local products made in NY so we're trying to promote local businesses as well as bring in a lot of NY based products to put into NY State cans that we're starting to advertise as a lot of people who live around here aren't originally from NY or the area and have family in other states and the NY State themed cans are perfect gifts for situations such as that :3 So now I'll be even busier, but it's worth it because now I have some variety to make baskets with instead of just candy or scent like we've had (because we haven't been able to find the right wholesalers/products until the last couple of weeks) :3
So it'll be fun, but soooo busy lol

So basically my life's kind of been wake up, eat, work, eat, come home, sleep, repeat LOL

How've you been??

Also - happy early new year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
Hello, Emma. :)
Hiya! Happy early new year!
Thanks for stopping in to chat! :D

the antitwite
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-31-2011, 11:56 PM

Im not from america so I hadnt heard about this SOPA thing, but I just looked it up, and thats some scary stuff!!!!

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 PM

I honestly don't even know what Aco is posting videos/links about, so I don't know what it is either xD;
Doesn't really effect me, though, as I don't do a lot of gaming, and I'm guessing that's what it's about given from the names in the last link posted :3 lol

So how are you enjoying the event antitwite?

the antitwite
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2012, 12:03 AM

Ive been crazy busy with visiting people for the last week so Im afraid I have only gotten into it today!
But it is all very beautiful, I am stunned by the event items that have come out, the pixel work on the textures is just beautiful and the styles are very close to my heart,
So a very happy Anti today :3

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 AM

Ah well - better late than to have missed it!
Definitely yay for visiting though <3
Have you gotten any of the EIs yet?

I agree!
Some of the commons are gorgeous :3
For some, I like the look, but not the coloring on them - to me they're very burned pixeled versus soft shaded pixeled - I prefer a softer shading to my commons than a harsh burn-type contrast, which can especially be seen on some of the red items, green items, and winter blue items - but that's just my personal preference :3
I was able to get them in the other colors, however, so I'm still over all happy :3

the antitwite
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2012, 12:56 AM

I love the style of the cathay dresses, its different to anything else on Mene, which is why I think I like them all so much!
Some of the items have softer shapes and styles to them, with a nice shine in the pixelling. The loose necklines and sleeve bottoms remind me of a gentle elven theme which I like a lot :)

I havent bought any yet... Im going to save for a bit longer then really think hard about what to get

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 02:32 AM

Hey Emma!

To Everyone: SOPA actually would affect (effect...I think it is affect) every one in the US. You post one thing that is copyrighted and the whole sites gets taken down by the government. So things like Tumblr and Facebook would be like things of the pass if it were to pass. Probably even Mene since people post and use copyrighted images on here. There's supposedly a way for a site to get it back though but I don't know what all it entails and that it is a long drawn out process.
At least this is all what I understood from what little I know about it.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-01-2012, 02:35 AM

I agree - they remind me a lot of Arwin's (pretty sure that's her name - she's elven princess who saves Frodo when he's stabbed with the sword) dresses in Lord of the Rings - they also remind me of that elf in the forest who gives Frodo the star in a bottle - can never remember her name because it's so awkward, yet beautiful lol
Something like Alletriel or something? Or maybe that was the star's name... I don't remember now XD;
Been too long since I've seen the series haha
But I think I might re-watch them because of the new movie that's coming out!
They made The Hobbit so I'm wicked excited to check that out -- it's by the same director and it's using the same actors, so I know it's going to be amazing :3

But anywho - I love the elven look as well - I'm very glad they finally made some!
I just wish the shading wasn't so harsh so I could get more of the colors :(

Gotcha :3
I have a quest to collect all of the collectible items on Menewsha, and then go on for the commons, so I'm trying to get at least one set of all of them using the free event currency - I'm hoping to get a spare set, but I don't see that happening xD;
Would be nice though!

@Terrena: Oh wow o.O;
Why did they suddenly think of this/who is pushing it?

And I'm pretty sure it's effect because it's an effect of a cause (the SOPA being the cause, the aftermath being what is effecting us), ya know? :3

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 01-01-2012 at 02:38 AM..

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 02:39 AM

I don't know who is pushing actually.
I don't know...I don't know the reasoning behind if you need to use effect or affect. I try not to use them unless I have to. XD

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 AM

No big haha
I was just curious :3

Hahaha I'm not sure the definition of affect - but effect is always used in terms of cause and effect - which is the case here :3
I always for get what affect's definition is (in terms of when it's used), but I know when effect should be used so that helps haha
I know what you mean though - I hate using the words as well because if you mistype it while meaning the other (because the a and the e are so close together), people sometimes freak out and I hate getting into things like that LOL

To me it doesn't overly bother me simply because I know I sometimes make that mistake and it's a very hard word usage concept to grasp, more so than any of the other word usage concepts :3
Gotta love the English language, right? xD;

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 03:20 AM

Yea. I hate english! And it is my first and only language (unless you include the three years of Latin I took. XD).

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-01-2012, 03:23 AM

Haha - I can speak a little Japanese, a little French, some Spanish, and English is my first language :3
I love English, but I hate it's complexity half the time - I feel so bad for people who have to learn English as a second language! I can't imagine how difficult it must be :gonk:

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 01-01-2012, 03:29 AM

I know! It is already hard for people who have it as a first language.

Ze_Mole
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-01-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
That's ok hun!!
I was never able to respond to your wall of text in Andi's thread because I've been so hectic busy and then it just kind of got way too buried in the thread for me to respond to :gonk:
So don't be sorry because the same thing happened to me in our other thread LOL!

Mini yay for moving back though!
Did you have a good reunion with everyone? :D

Oo - when do you start school up again?

I've been good - busy as hell - but good!
I'm putting off plans for the baby right now because right now we're getting the store established and I just don't have money for my own place right now, let alone the money to put towards AI or foster care (it's easier to do foster care first and then adopt the foster children because the relationship has already been established, versus just going to try and adopt cold turkey) - but I'm okay with that because I'd rather have my own place than living where I am now when I have a baby/adopt a child, ya know? So once the store starts booming like it should (as we're already having repeat customers and we just got a can order for the Mayoral Inauguration this weekend) and I start getting more income coming in, I'm going to re-look at the whole baby thing and go from there :3
Hopefully by next Fall I'll be able to start the process :3

Other than that, I've just been busy with work and getting that up and going - We just visited a few local wineries and got some different jams, vinegars, etc. from there to put into our baskets - we also bought a lot of maple syrup products from a local maple syrup company so that'll be a great addition - and we have a candle maker coming in on Saturday to give us a catalog and a few samples so we might be adding candles into our scent collection as well! All local products made in NY so we're trying to promote local businesses as well as bring in a lot of NY based products to put into NY State cans that we're starting to advertise as a lot of people who live around here aren't originally from NY or the area and have family in other states and the NY State themed cans are perfect gifts for situations such as that :3 So now I'll be even busier, but it's worth it because now I have some variety to make baskets with instead of just candy or scent like we've had (because we haven't been able to find the right wholesalers/products until the last couple of weeks) :3
So it'll be fun, but soooo busy lol

So basically my life's kind of been wake up, eat, work, eat, come home, sleep, repeat LOL

How've you been??

Also - happy early new year!
Well, there's no real upside to being back for me because I'm pretty miserable without reprieve, but I guess it's nice to see some of my closer family members.
My friends and I don't have much in common anymore and they don't know how to act around me anymore because I'm way different, so that sucks.
Also, last night, the tip of my index finger got slammed in a car door and it smooshed like putty. It's in more pain than I can bear, but my parents won't pay for medical bills and I'm too poor to do it myself, so I can't go to the doctor/hospital even though I'm worried because it's been bleeding for 12 hours at least. >.<
I'm typing all this with one hand because the other is wrapped in ice and bandages.
So that's my life - not nearly as cheery as yours, but I'm really glad things are mostly working out for you.

I'm sorry to hear that the adoption deal has been put on hold, but I agree that it will be best for your future child to have a stable home to be raised in. :3

I'm happy to see that the store is going well! I hope 2012 brings even more business and prosperity for you. <3

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 AM

@Terrena: Completely agree haha
And then there's the slang and swearing on top of it - it's gotta make learning it even worse - not only for people learning it as a second language - but it's hard for people with it as a FIRST language!
It's crazy how slang is so different from one area to the next - I grew up hearing "Wicked" and "Sick" meaning "Awesome" or "Cool" - but I hear that in California that instead of "Wicked" or "Sick" - they use "Fierce" and at one point "Tre blahblahblah" (like, Tre Cute would be the equivalent of Way Cute) - though I think "Tre" might actually be French, so why Cali was using it I haven't the slightest xD;

@Molie: Oh noes :(
So basically the worst possible scenario happened :(
That really sucks hun! I'm really sorry to hear that :(
Maybe you'll be able to make new friends who are more like the ones you had in Germany? :D

o.O;;
Omg... You're kidding me!
You need to go to the ER and get it looked at if it's that bad and has been bleeding that much. I'm sure you can work SOMETHING out with the ER and do a payment plan thing - even if it's $20 a month or something until you can afford higher payments or until you can pay it off - that's just insane :(

-sends cheeriness over your way- <3<3
I really hope things start getting better soon hun!
I'm not sure where in the US you are (can't remember if you told me or not) - but if you were close I'd totally hang out with you and make you not hate being home so much hahaha!

Yeah - it sucks, but it's for the best :3
I mean, if the store had opened when it was supposed to (Oct. 4th), then we wouldn't have had such a problem -- people didn't find out about us until 10 days before Christmas, which really hurt us :(
But it's getting better, I just don't have the money I was expecting to have so I have nothing saved for March (which is when my school refund comes in and when I was planning on starting the initial check-ups and exams and such) so I have to put my plans for a baby on hold :3
Then when the store starts doing better and I can get a place of my own (or at least can get a loan from the bank to get my own house, whichever way I can affordably do it) and get better settled financially, I'll look back into it and then decide whether or not to do artificial insemination or foster care :3
I plan on doing both during my life time anyways - so it'll really just depend on how my body wants to cooperate and if I have to get AI first before foster care or if my body will hold out and let me do AI later on - though I'm doubting it XD;
(uterus and ovaries are messed up beyond belief and don't work well)
I should have had a kid when I was 15 XD;
At least then I would have been able to carry it full term and have no problems getting pregnant!!!
(I had my skating accident at 16, which messed up my back and organs)

Soooo while it's definitely in the better interest of my future baby/future foster child(children) for me to wait until the store is doing better, it's seriously frustrating because I was so excited to start the new chapter in my life but every time I try I just keep getting pushed further and further back, and it's starting to annoy me lol

Thank you! :D <3
Me too!
I'm so excited for people to see our new gift baskets and basket fillers etc - we have so much variety now!
All of the NY made products I was telling you about, along with a crap load of kid's make-up, adult make-up, adult perfumes, kid's bath bubble toys (bubble wands and little figures that dissolve in the water and create a scent and bubbles), adult spa sets (bath salts, scrubs, etc), adult cologne, and so much more I can't even think of lol
I just wish it didn't take us this long to get all of this variety in!!
I was getting so sick of only candy or scent (smelly jellies, simmering potpourri, 2 kinds of bath salt, bath confetti, and scented potpourri) lol
You can only do so much with it, ya know?
But now that we have all of this new stuff to pair it with, we can make a crap load of different baskets and have some diversity that we've been waiting for :3
Just a shame that it's taken this long for the deals to come through :(

We already have repeat customers, though, so I'm hoping more people will come back and see all of the new stuff we have and not be like "Well, they were so limited with their fillers, I don't want to go back." - ya know?
It's not our fault we couldn't get the stuff in faster :gonk:

Ah well - it is what it is!
Can only hope it gets better :3

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 05:31 AM

I know! Every region has its own accent and set of words they use! They will even vary by city or town as well!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Apparently where I live has really proper English. It explains so much.

:O Emma's good at making long posts.

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Hiya!
Yeah it is :(
Ah well - hopefully it'll start picking up!
Sorry for not responding quicker!
I went visiting wineries today and left not long before you posted :3

And happy early new years!
-most likely won't be up at midnight LOL-
Oh hai! It's ok, this place has been as busy as ever, so it's normal that people don't respond that fast. :D The event is being super cool, I already won some stuff and bought other suff so it's good. ^^ How are you?

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Hi, Neuza! :glomp: