Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Banner by zigbigadorlube

Last edited by Cecilia; 01-01-2015 at 10:54 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 03:00 PM

We are happy to have you join our Festival of Winter Nights celebration!

Not sure how the event works? Read on, and hopefully your questions will be answered. If you need help with anything, please post here and we will do our best to assist.

To make things easier for people who come to this thread looking for help, please try to keep off-topic chat to a minimum. We hope you enjoy the event!

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 03:02 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

• When will the event end?

The event will last about 12 days. We're aiming to end the event on January 2nd, (Hour TBA) Pacific Time

• How do I participate in the event?

The staff have prepared many wonderful contests and games for you, which can be found stickied at the top of the Event Forum. Links to each contest are also provided in the next post.

• How do I earn event currency?

You will gain some event currency for each post that you make in the forums during the event.

Additionally, you might gain some more by playing the game of chance every 15 minutes. But it's a true game of chance: you may win big, or you may walk away empty-handed!

Chance Game Info:
    • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
    • Up to 5 pairs of cards to play every 15 minutes, if you guess correctly.
    • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing the pot by guessing incorrectly the next round...your choice!

• What is event currency for?

It's there for you to be able to gain Event Items (EIs), which are our event rares.

If you participate enough and earn a lot of event currency, you could get some free commons too!

• Are there event commons?

Yes! Just head down to the Special Event Store.

Note: Commons are all added to the shop, but need tagging for the previews to work - we'll let you know when that's done.

Event commons will be available after the event ends. However, they will be moved out into the main stores and will retail for double their event price.

• Are there event rares? How do I earn them?

Yes! You'll be able to find them in the Special Event Store as they are released. They'll be on the back page.

You can either buy them with gold or with event currency, the choice will be yours.

Please note: After the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued.

• Why is the Sellback Store closed?

The Sellback Store is closed during events to prevent people from selling back event items for a large gold gain.

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-22-2014 at 10:32 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Staff Contests & Games

• The Festival Tent (Official Hangout) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Come in from the cold and hangout with fellow Menewshans in the Festival Tent! Aside from enjoying the company of those who participate in the thread, you also have a chance to win gold just for being chatty!

• Advent Calendar (Daily Prize Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Experience the excitement of advent calendars with Longcat in this daily prize game. Open a new box of your choosing each day for a chance at gold, prizes and more!

• The Great Island Hunt (Team Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Cora wants to know about the Island Festive Traditions! Join a team and help her investigate!

• Holiday Fare (RL Food/Crafts Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Have you cooked, baked, or made anything festive this year? Enter your real-life holiday creations for a chance to win gold and rare items. Categories include sweets, savories, drinks, decorative centerpieces, and general holiday crafts.

• Home For the Holidays (Choose-your-own Adventure) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Let Captain Howdy take you on a journey into the imagination as you go "home for the holidays." Your daily choices will influence the outcome of your individual stories. Will your tale be a sugarplum sweet one, or something more akin to a lump of coal?

• The Winter Nights Wardrobe (Avatar Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Like to dress up your avatar? Come participate in this challenge! You can participate in the group holiday avatar contest at any time and you can also participate in rotating daily contests with more challenging themes to earn points to larger prizes! Good luck!

• The Wishing Tree (Gifting/Raffle) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Visit the Wishing Tree and leave a wish! Or, if you're feeling generous and have wealth to share, browse the wishes and see if you might want to secretly grant one for someone else. Last year, every single wish was granted! Can we manage that feat again? :)

• Daria and Linny`s Cornucopia of Holiday Cheer (Meme Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Lighten your holiday load with Daria and Linnea in this witty, wacky 2-part meme contest and special bonus rounds. They've got some rockin' prizes up for grabs: Chicken in a Chokehold, Prize Medals, and more!

Last edited by Linnea; 12-23-2014 at 01:44 AM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 03:09 PM

Event Item Info

Kitschy Knits - From Channah
(27 Tokens)

Vagabond's Vuvuzela - From Nami
(28 Tokens)

Luminous Lights - From Cain
(30 Tokens)

Sparring Supplies - From Tesel
(32 Tokens)

Gag Gifts - From Peeblo
(25 Tokens)

Gorgeous Glass - From Cessy
(35 Tokens)

Last edited by Cecilia; 01-01-2015 at 10:56 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 03:12 PM

Avatars Featuring the New Commons

Set Previews

Mixed Previews

Note: 4 additional colors of Snowman Pal already exist & can be found at The Toy Chest.

Last edited by BellyButton; 12-25-2014 at 12:01 AM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 12-12-2014, 03:14 PM

Reserved

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 01:18 AM

I am so excited! I love the page theme too!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2014, 01:56 AM

i can't wait to get my hands on all those items..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 02:27 AM

Love the Chime set~ And the scarfs~ > w<

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 02:31 AM

I am loving the commons... Already bought some of my own. haha. Cannot wait for the EIs to see what the are.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2014, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjacklene View Post
I am loving the commons... Already bought some of my own. haha. Cannot wait for the EIs to see what the are.
I agree with you there..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-23-2014, 03:50 AM

i think my favorite items from the previews are going to be the bag and the adorable knit hat.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 12-23-2014, 03:50 AM

So you have to post four times to earn one full token? This is going to take me ages to get the tokens I need. :(

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2014, 03:54 AM

The event lasts twelve days, so if you remember to play Chance and find a couple good hangouts, it should be easy! :)

That said, we may revise the number of tokens granted per post upward later in the event. Just don't count on it!

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-23-2014, 03:57 AM

Thank you for the previews of the commons; those cloaks look very lush.

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit Freedom View Post
So you have to post four times to earn one full token? This is going to take me ages to get the tokens I need. :(
Moonlit Freedom: It actually is easier than you think. Don't be concerned necessarily with your stamp count. Find a thread and start posting... and before you know it, you will have plenty to buy those beloved EIs and commons.

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 12-23-2014, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Moonlit Freedom: It actually is easier than you think. Don't be concerned necessarily with your stamp count. Find a thread and start posting... and before you know it, you will have plenty to buy those beloved EIs and commons.
sjacklene:
It is an issue when I have a husband, a 2 year old and we are hosting Christmas this year... It is an issue for me... 100% an issue for me.
I am hardly ever around to post and I struggled when it was easier to get tokens.
This makes events less fun for me. I may just get off and focus on my family as this isn't almost even worth me trying as I won't get anywhere anyways.

Last edited by Moonlit Freedom; 12-23-2014 at 04:16 AM..

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 04:24 AM

But it's super easy if you do the chance game as much as you can. D:
And events shouldn't be about getting items, it should be about enjoying your time with others. ; 3;

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
sjacklene:
It is an issue when I have a husband, a 2 year old and we are hosting Christmas this year... It is an issue for me... 100% an issue for me.
I am hardly ever around to post and I struggled when it was easier to get tokens.
This makes events less fun for me. I may just get off and focus on my family as this isn't almost even worth me trying as I won't get anywhere anyways.
I am sorry you are having problems with it. I never really pay attention to my token count until I see someone else mention it. Last event, I only used them for the EIs so I had a lot extra. Even if you can't post alot, you can get a pretty nice token count.

You do what you need to do. If spending time with family seems more appealing then by all means do it. We ALL have lives outside of mene and right now I am having problems juggling both. FOWN is just my favorite event. :D

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 12-23-2014, 04:34 AM

I never get enough tokens ever. I'm having a massive issue with this change.
Whatever. I just won't come around.
It isn't worth it anyways.

I have to go to bed soon and I will probably not have any more time after tonight to get on... It's ok. Not a fan I events and all that anyways. :(

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
I never get enough tokens ever. I'm having a massive issue with this change.
Whatever. I just won't come around.
It isn't worth it anyways.

I have to go to bed soon and I will probably not have any more time after tonight to get on... It's ok. Not a fan I events and all that anyways. :(
I hope you don't think I am trying to keep you away, because I am not. I want everyone to come and enjoy the events. Is there something you are wanting? I can buy the EIs set if you like when they start getting released. I don't mind at all.

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 04:46 AM

I don't mind getting you any event commons either. O:

Moonlit Freedom
Run Ragged

Old 12-23-2014, 04:47 AM

Quote:
I hope you don't think I am trying to keep you away, because I am not. I want everyone to come and enjoy the events. Is there something you are wanting? I can buy the EIs set if you like when they start getting released. I don't mind at all.
Eh, it's more the fact that I can't get tokens quite nearly as fast as I used to - which wasn't fast at all. I don't get why it needed to be changed to .25 per post instead of the .5. I have to go to bed soon and I will not have a time to get on to post after tonight.... This just adds more stress to my already stressful workload I have and it's just not worth it. I used to enjoy coming on here, whenever I come on now it just adds more stress... it isn't fun and enjoyable at all anymore for me.

I have no idea, and you don't have to.. I'm used to not getting Event Items. I rarely do get event items anymore. (I've not gotten EIS for any events really since before my daughter turned 1.)

sjacklene

Penpal

Old 12-23-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Eh, it's more the fact that I can't get tokens quite nearly as fast as I used to - which wasn't fast at all. I don't get why it needed to be changed to .25 per post instead of the .5. I have to go to bed soon and I will not have a time to get on to post after tonight.... This just adds more stress to my already stressful workload I have and it's just not worth it. I used to enjoy coming on here, whenever I come on now it just adds more stress... it isn't fun and enjoyable at all anymore for me.

I have no idea, and you don't have to.. I'm used to not getting Event Items. I rarely do get event items anymore. (I've not gotten EIS for any events really since before my daughter turned 1.)
If you are looking for something fast, stop by RAKissmas. Hummy is the Host. It is the fastest thread I have personally been in and I LOVE it. That is how I got some many tokens the last event.