Early Bird Special
Yeah, I'm one of the cool kids.
Send a message via AIM to Early Bird Special

Old 07-08-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:

ⓐ ⓛⓘⓣⓣⓛⓔ ⓒⓤⓟ ⓞⓕ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

A little cafe sits at the edge of the cultural wasteland of suburbia. One day, six kids approaching their late teens walk in. They don't know it yet, but this place will become an integral part of their everyday lives.

Of course, the cafe won't run itself.. There are four kids in their late teens and early twenties who run the place. They might not realize what they've started, but this place is about to become the cultural hub of their preppy little town.

And, of course, other people will always stop in and say hi.

Whether you want to play a big role or just walk in for a quick cup, welcome to Une Petit Coupe de l'Amour. Sometimes, a little cup of love is all you need.

ⓡⓤⓛⓔⓢ

1. Please try your best to keep it appropriate in here. Not only is it offensive to some viewers, but pr0n is a pretty tasteless way to communicate love. When necessary, just let the scene fade to black until morning. I don't think violence and gore will be a problem with this roleplay, but again, stay away from being too graphic. Thanks!
2. Of course, have fun and keep this thread going! Regulars and Staff must post at least once a week, but they should post at least once a day.
3. Though drama is appreciated in the storyline, catfighting and trolling are prohibited in ooc. Flobbing is also against the rules; I've gotten in trouble for it way too many times here. So only in your first post, okay!
4. Out-of-character (ooc) dialog can be posted right here, since ooc threads confuse me. Please distinguish your ooc from your in-character writing!
5. Applications for Regulars and Staff should be sent to me in a PM. You can also have side walk-in characters, provided you already have one permanent character. Side characters do not need to be approved. Keep pictures to photos, characters between 17 and 20, and please use this skeleton (remove spaces between brackets and words]:

[ FONT="Courier New" ][ center ][ size=6 ][ color=you choose ][name][ /color ][ /size ]
[ photo ][ /color ][ /size ]
[ size=7 ]ⓐⓖⓔ[ /size ]
[ size=4 ]ⓖⓔⓝⓓⓔⓡ
ⓑⓘⓞ
[ size=2 ][3-5 sentences][ /size ]
[ /size ][ /center ][ /FONT ]

ⓡⓔⓢⓞⓤⓡⓒⓔⓢ

1. If you would like to use the circled letters for your name, age, or just anytime:
ⓐⓑⓒⓓⓔⓕⓖⓗⓘⓙⓚⓛⓜⓝⓞⓟⓠⓡⓢⓣⓤⓥⓦⓧⓨⓩ⓰⓱⓲⓳⓴

2. To help you describe the cafe as you write, here are some reference pictures:
[outside] [front counter] [counter display] [kitchen] [main dining room] [reading nook] [storage room] [upstairs room] [back]

3. Out-of-Character (O.O.C.) thread for conversations/questions about the story, or even just for members to get to know each other!

ⓡⓔⓖⓤⓛⓐⓡⓢ

Quote:

Early Bird Special

ⓒⓗⓐⓡⓛⓞⓣⓣⓔ ⓗ ⓖⓞⓝⓓⓐⓛ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
I was born in Thornton, Yorkshire. I have a younger brother named Branwell and two younger sisters named Emily and Anne. When I was fifteen, I was sent to a boarding school. Some of the worst years of my life were spent there, but I don't want to go into it... Anyway, my parents and I agreed it would be best for me to go stay with my Aunt Elizabeth for the summer to get away from it all, so here I am!
Quote:
Lightning_Serah
ⓔⓜⓜⓐ | ⓚⓨⓛⓔ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ | ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
Emma and Kyle had always lived the typical life. They both grew up in a rather wealthy family, and everything was fine. Until the twins were told they had to go to places to live, for some financial reasons. They had never done anything without each other, and the idea of living away from each other was crazy. Both furious at the idea, the two ran away, giving up their fantasy life, to live with their grandmother. Although the two haven't talked to their parents since they left, they knew they would return once the summer was over.
Quote:
Early Bird Special
ⓐⓛⓔⓧⓐⓝⓓⓔⓡ ⓟ ⓑⓔⓡⓜⓐⓝ

ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
I was born in this crazy little town, and over the years, I've watched the yards get smaller and the houses become more and more similar. I don't know who figured out how to clone conservative middle-class businessmen, but if I ever find that person, I'll probably stick a real estate sign through their head. Watching the small, quirky town of my childhood turn into a suburban nightmare has actually been painful for me, so I was more than happy to leave for college last fall. Now that I'm back, though, I'm starting to lose hope.
girls: [Charlotte, 17] [Emma, 17] [open]

guys: [Kyle, 17] [Alex, 19] [open]

ⓢⓣⓐⓕⓕ
Quote:

Aoi Kazuya
ⓩⓔⓟⓗⓨⓡ ⓐ ⓣⓢⓤⓚⓘⓝⓞ

ⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ

I was born in New York, so you can say I'm a city kid. I always visit with my grandparents over the summers so i thought it'd be a nice idea to get a job over here. Working in the cafe has been...quite an experience for me, it's a lot of fun. Back at home I'm the vocalist for a band, so it's nice to be able to come here and relax while working in a less stressful environment.
Quote:
Aerinn
ⓕⓐⓨⓔ ⓑⓐⓚⓔⓡ

ⓕⓔⓜⓐⓛⓔ
ⓑⓘⓞ
Faye hails from the bustling city of Chicago. After persuading her parents to leave after high school, she currently resides in the suburban neighborhood as a change of pace. Although her original reason for working at the cafe was to pay for college, Faye discovered that she doesn't mind spending late hours in the quaint shop to relax. She enjoys modern art as a pasttime.
Quote:
musicfreakx
Delilah Rose Zörn

Female
ⓑⓘⓞ

Delilah and her older brother lived in Germany until the last year of their lives, living with their strict aunt seeing as their parents died when they were 5 and 6. Their aunt disapproved of nearly everything the siblings liked, and the two ran away from their German hometown to America to follow their own dreams. Living in a minute apartment with her brother, Delilah Rose is an aspiring actress, trying to make it on Broadway.
Quote:
musikfreakx
Demetri Liam Zörn

Male
ⓑⓘⓞ

Both Demetri and his sister have followed in their parent’s artistic footsteps, shooting for the stars to reach their goals. All of that was shattered when they died in a car crash and Demetri was left to live with his sister at his strict aunt’s. She had always disapproved of their parents’ carefree nature, along with the siblings’ artistic dreams. Deciding to leave Germany, sadly, they moved to America so as not to be found by their aunt. Living in a tiny apartment, they struggle to make it in a country they don’t well know, Demetri aiming to be a musician.
girls: [Faye, 19] [Delilah, 17]

guys: [Zephyr, 18] [Demetri, 18]
This thread will be for out of character discussions. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Thank you.

Last edited by Early Bird Special; 07-12-2011 at 12:43 AM..

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 07-10-2011, 04:27 AM

for some reason, i can't see the ages of the characters :sweat:

Lightning_Serah
The 'Boy Who Lived' has come to ...

Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 AM

Would I be able to create twins?
And if so, could they be in the same profile? ^^

Early Bird Special

Old 07-10-2011, 04:34 AM

Aoi: Hm, that is weird! Is it that you're having trouble reading the circled numbers, or that they aren't showing up in your browser?

Serah: Of course! Just separate their names and genders using the "|" symbol. Do you mind having both genders, to keep things even? (It's okay if you want two of the same gender though!)

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 AM

lol if serah-san makes both of the same gender I can make an extra character, I don't particulary mind since I'm used to juggling at least two characters at a time.

they just aren't showing up. i see these boxes with tiny numbers int hem that read along the lines of a 24 over a F2. and some other stuff you have looks like that too >.> do you mind just telling me the ages of any characters then I guess?

Early Bird Special

Old 07-10-2011, 04:56 AM

I'm sorry Aoi! I will type the ages in next to the characters as they appear on the slots (right now, usernames are there but I will change that.) What browser are you using?

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-10-2011, 05:02 AM

Can do~

Early Bird Special

Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 AM

Great, thanks!

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-10-2011, 05:06 AM

uhm...firefox

Early Bird Special

Old 07-10-2011, 05:07 AM

Do you use Windows or Mac?

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 AM

windows >.> I never liked macs much for some reason...

psh...I just noticed that Zephry was the oldest character XD

Early Bird Special

Old 07-10-2011, 05:14 AM

Haha, that's great lol. But yeah, that's probably the reason why; I have a Mac now (had to get it for art school this fall...)

Lightning_Serah

Old 07-10-2011, 05:59 AM

I'm assuming it's morning, right?~
Sorry, I don't want to post something stupid XD XD

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-10-2011, 05:18 PM

ohh...i can see it when i use internet explorer XD

Early Bird Special

Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 AM

Serah: Yep, that's right!
Aoi: Weird, because I use Firefox, but hey whatever works!

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 AM

ooh ooh my friend agreed to join! did she send you her profile yet? *is curious* XD i swear I'm like a little kid sometimes...

---

ah right, I'm off for the night, I'll try to post again tomorrow ^^

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 07-11-2011 at 03:15 AM..

Early Bird Special

Old 07-11-2011, 03:22 AM

Goodnight Aoi! And, yes, I did! It's great. :D

----------

All existing profiles are up! I also added a section of resources to help everyone out. It includes those tricky little ALT-code letters, some reference pics for describing the cafe, and a link to this thread. Let me know if you guys want anything else! (list of side characters, a spot for live music to play, etc.)

Do you guys think I should add a couple more slots for staff? Let me know what your thoughts are!

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-11-2011, 04:18 PM

Hihihi, I'm Aoi's aforementioned friend. :D

Thank you for the resources, I was sort of drawing a blank for how the cafe looked... ^^"

As for staff, the cafe is little so I think four people (the amount there are now) is just enough for it.
By, the way, in the rules, what does flobbing mean? :x

Last edited by Aerinn; 07-11-2011 at 06:45 PM..

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 PM

eh-heh...flobbing XD I got two warnings for that XD it's basically picture spam. it's when you have a picture in every single one of your posts, kinda like early-san's opening post but in every single post XD

---

:headdesk: there are so many mistakes in my post....meringue isn't piped! aaargh :cry: I can't believe i messed up making meringue in a roleplay when I know how to make it in real-life >.>

Last edited by Aoi Kazuya; 07-11-2011 at 10:31 PM..

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Didn't even realize there was an OOC thread for this until now >.<

Early Bird Special

Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 AM

lol it's fine, that's why I created a resource section; it wasn't originally listed. :D How is everyone doing today?

----------

OH! Also, Aoi, just to double-check, is your character named Zephyr or Zephry? I'd guess it's Zephyr (since it means gentle breeze or something like that) but I just wanted to double-check, since it's a name and those get tricky. Thanks!

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 AM

it's zephyr if i ever spelled it differently then i was probably on my mom's laptop, which doesn't like me and makes everything i type have some sort of error in it >.>

Early Bird Special

Old 07-12-2011, 12:42 AM

Nah, no worries! I'll edit the profile. :D

Aerinn
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-12-2011, 05:26 AM

Picture spam? What a funny name for it. (I seriously imagined a fish. >~<)

And for lemon meringue cupcakes, the frosting is piped! I watched Martha Stewart make them on TV, which is why I thought of them when Zephyr mentioned cupcakes. Those cupcakes are so cute~ :3

Speaking of the cupcakes...

Sorry about the god-mod thing again! I think I vaguely recall you telling me about it last year when I was in that elven academy thing. TnT

Aoi Kazuya

Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 PM

lol thinking about it...was it my character you moved then also? XD I'm gonna go reread that thing...oh lol, that was the roleplay i got a warning for flobbing on XD