Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-26-2019, 12:00 AM

Like the title says, the goal of this game is to keep the story going. You can write a sentence or two, or more. Just remember to leave your thought unfinished with (...) and let the silly, heart-fuzzies ensue~!

--------

Long ago in the frozen north, there lived a princess. It had been many years since anyone visited the kingdom, many years since anything at all happened. As she stared at the crystal moon though, she had a feeling that something would this year. Just as she thought that, a knock sounded on her door and turned to find...

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 12-26-2019 at 12:09 AM..

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-26-2019, 09:09 AM

...a somewhat disheveled young man in much need of a bath, a shave, clean clothes and a warm coat.
The princess could not recall having ever encountered this man in her kingdom.
As she looked him over she noticed that he was also in need of some warm boots as she could see that his footwear was riddled with holes.
The princess was a bit worried for her safety in the presence of this stranger but felt compelled to invite him inside, out of the cold.
"Oh, fair maiden, I do thank you for your kindness," said the man, "but ...

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-26-2019, 03:24 PM

"but... im afraid i cannot offer anything in compensation for such kindness. as you can see, i have nothing of value."

the Princess smiled and offered the same things regardless simply saying "fear not Sir. i have no need of material things, as you can see. What i would like in return, is simply some company for a while. and when you are warm and fed and had your fun, you may leave in good conscience knowing that it was a fair trade"

Her warm smile eased his heart but...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-26-2019, 04:41 PM

the man still felt that this was not a fair exchange at all. For, on the surface he was a disraggled man, but inside, he was far, far more. Still, he came and sat by the fire that the princess offered as she made them each cups of tea. "So," she started. "What made you come to this far north place?"

The man bit his lip and was just about to answer when something from outside...

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-27-2019, 09:04 AM

...made a loud and startling noise!
Both the man and the princess jumped up to see what the cause of the sound might be.
As they stepped out the door and their eyes adjusted to the darkness of the night they could just barely make out the shapes of something moving in the faint light of the moon.
Neither of them could identify what the shapes were but they did not appear to to be human.
The pair quickly decided to retreat back into the safety of the house to light torches and find some sort of weapons to use to defend themselves in case they might need them.
This kingdom rarely saw any violence so there were seldom any need for weapons so it was difficult to find something they could use.
Finally then man spied a...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-27-2019, 07:43 PM

ornate spear that had been placed in a dusty room, obviously a relic of some forgotten past. It caught the princess' eye with something between a look of shock and awe, but she said nothing as she armed herself with nothing more than a wooden staff. "If you can use that spear, then you are a mighty man indeed. Now, let's go see about those things outside. They are nothing from my kingdom!" If it had been wolves or bears, she could calm them with a word, but this was foreign. This was new.

Once they stepped back outside...

Acobjum
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Penpal

Old 12-29-2019, 04:45 AM

they feel the cool air and feel the moon's light upon them. All is quiet, yet too quiet. They moved forward, looking around for the strange shapes. Five or so minutes pass until they decide to return. As they turn around...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-29-2019, 11:18 PM

they find the castle's doors shut. Which is strange, since the doors are never shut. The princess goes to try them, but no matter how hard she pulls, she cannot get the doors open. "I don't know what's happening. We can't get back inside, but we'll freeze if we stay outside!" Everything seemed lost until the man said...

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-02-2020, 12:31 PM

"Fear not, fair maiden, for I have spent many a night outside and am none the worse for wear for my efforts. One just needs to know how to shelter against the cold by using what nature has to offer."
The princess was doubtful of this stranger's "crazy talk," but had little choice but to hear him out and hope he knew what he was talking about.
The man took the princess's hand and guided her toward a thick area of the forest and toward a rocky hillside. Before long they came upon a cave that would be difficult to notice if one did not know that it was there.
The man motioned for the princess to go inside the cave as he began to pick up twigs and branches that they could use their torches to ignite for a small fire to ward off the cold.
Just as the princess stepped inside the cave...

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-02-2020, 05:28 PM

she found herself frozen in awe. Rather than just dirty rock inside, veins of silver and gems glittered from the walls, dusting around their feet like the floors of her palace. This was, without a doubt, far more impressive than her man-made wonders. "I don't understand. Was this cave here the whole time?" It was even large enough for her to stand without fear of hitting her head. There had been rumors of the magic of her kingdom, but it was a lonely kingdom now.

As the man entered behind her, she turned with a fire in her eyes. "Just who are you, sir?!"

Chuckling, the man handing her one of the torches. "Me? I am Bear, the most renowned...