ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 AM

The last group project I had all of my group mates left the project for the last second, and I shit thee not I was sitting there at 10 p.m. the night before it was due e-mailing the professor saying that none of my groupies had contacted me in over a week. Ugh.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2012, 03:29 AM

Group projects can be a lot of fun. I enjoyed my college ones. What is yours on Serena?

Elysium - I wanna see if I can enter in multiple categories :D.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 03:33 AM

I haven't checked out the contests yet. I never enter them, but I like to see what's going on. :) I bet you can enter all the categories, I've never seen it any different.

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 AM

I just did, yep!

Aw... try the cooking one!

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 AM

the project is something on running a library. Including having programmes for people, the technical stuff, budget stuff, staff, all that and the information flow stuff. ^^"

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 AM

@Ser: That actually sounds like a useful project. I've never had a group project I thought I couldn't have done better alone.

@nonsense: Nah, I don't have the time for it.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 03:58 AM

Yeah, we have a lot of group things in my classes. As librarians or people in the information studies career field, we have to work well in groups. ^^

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 AM

Serena - Oh, that's interesting. Sounds fun, especially with all of the technical little bits and pieces you have to figure out.

Elysium - Sometime you'll have to make something and post a picture :3.

Always interested in what peopel are making.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 AM

You can all thank me for the title post induced LOLZ now. ;)

@nonsense: Too bad I didn't take a pic of the lemon cake I made last week. It was a pain in the ass. >.>

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 AM

Yeah ^^" I'm not too good with techhy stuff. ^^" But, I'm good with research and such. Which we do need to do researching.

---------- Post added 09-24-2012 at 12:09 AM ----------

LOL! Love the title post Ely

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 AM

Hehehe. Google was good to me.

Now to make a cohesive design out of that...

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 AM

Elysium - Aw. Sad! Hopefully it was tasty :3.

Serena - Being good at researching's a great skill. Especially the patience to sift through pages of pages x3.

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 04:22 AM

T'was alright. It was my first time making it, so next time it'll be much better. :)

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 04:29 AM

Yeah, I've always been good at finding the information I need and putting in the right keywords to find it.
I'm hoping to use that skill to be able to help people find information they need and give them the tools to make it easier for them.

One of my first assignments for this class was to come up with a search strategy and my professor was quite happy with it, (that it showed I know how to creat an effective search strategy ^^")

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 AM

Elysium - I'm sure it tasted fantastic :3.

I'm one of those people who can never be fully content with what I make. A perfectionist or something x3.

Serena - Like algorithmic processes and such for finding information and such?

Would Googling "effective search strategies" count?

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 04:43 AM

I am never content with what I make the first time I make it. After that I usually try a couple more times, and once I get it right I put it in a recipe book with all my other "graduated recipes."

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 04:48 AM

ummm I had to use Boolean logic.
Example: This is from the page she had up for us for the week
"I'm looking for research articles related to spirituality and Hispanic Americans' health."
You identify the key topics (she picked: spirituality, Hispanic Americans, health)
Then you come up with synonyms. From there you make yourself a search strategy using Boolean logic and other symbols to help you come up with a valid search result
(hers: (spiritual* or religio* or belief* or chuch) and (Hispanic or Latin*) and (health or medic* or illness* or disease* or doctor* or nurs*))
I would have put mine in, but I forgot how it went ^^"

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 04:59 AM

Kinda done, kinda not, with the front page. Probably will change it some, but it's no longer hideous.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Also,

I hope you're not getting sick, that would be no good. Perhaps you're just catching up on sleep from last week's Mike trouble.[COLOR="lightseagreen"]
Yeah, probably ^^"

Awesome, the page looks good ^^

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 05:34 AM

I sometimes sleep for 12 hours straight on days I have off because I've built up sleep debts. >.>

How is your new job going, Ser?

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 06:02 AM

Not too bad. Still kicking butt. Though I hate one thing. One of the managers keeps talking about having me train in other things while we're slow so they can throw me anywhere when they need me someplace. I really don't want to do that, but I can't tell her no. -.- I'm happy doing front line in 2 places and wrapping stuff. Yeah, I get it, I would be doing pizza at one of the places to help out the one union guy so he can go on a break when he needs it. But still. If she likes me on front line so much, why?

I was talking to someone about it on Friday and they said that would be a good thing so I could take on extra sub shifts when people need them. I told him that I don't see any point with me because I can't take on extra shifts. The 17hr I work a week is pushing it. I'm already scheduled 16.5h a week, but work more than 17 because I NEVER get out on time.

I know it sounds kind of off the way I'm talking, but I'm in my zone out phase of the night. ^^

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 AM

It's fine, it's 12:30 here and I'm tired. I can imagine how tired you must be with it being like 2:30 a.m.

Meh. Do the training and shut her up about it. Then if you ever need to change what shifts you work, you can do whatever needs to be done.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Yeah, that's my mindset. Sometimes though, i wish I was just an average worker whom they didn't want to train everywhere. But, oh well. ^^" It gives me good pull there anyway :P

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-24-2012, 04:13 PM

Elysium - For some reason I just imagined a bunch of ingredients and various food stuffs graduating. Silliest thing ever.

Serena - Oh!Boolean logic, so cool :3. I know the same principles are used with programming. I'm very slowly trying to write a text adventure (slowly because I'm rather terrible at programming), lots of that thinking there. Logics so cool anyways x3.

That class sounds like so much fun :D.

Silly manager >.<. I hope it all works out. You could always talk to her and say that you believe you're best working up front?

ElysiumFate

Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM

Well, my recipes do have to go through a very vigorous "testing and eating" ceremony to graduate.