Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 03:20 AM

I haven't been able to get on a whole lot. As i work full time, i was only online maybe 2-3 hours on tuesday and maybe a couple of hours here and there this week, and i've managed to get all the EIs up to the most recent one. So if i can do it anyone else can *nods*. One set is more then enough for one person.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 03:23 AM

@ Roachi - That was the last one, so you should have them all.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 03:51 AM

Ohh cool, thanks poet :) <3

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 AM

I like the idea of event currency, in my mind it makes me want to get on more to try and see if I can earn enough to get and EI or possibly two. But, the idea of people complaining about it kind of sucks, I mean its a great thing to have and all the other sites I'm on probably wouldn't do this. So I find that this is something unique to Mene that I really like and enjoy. I must admit though I used to always want to get everything with the event concurrency, but learned with my first event that isn't possible. So, I have taken it upon myself to only spend it on the items that I really want during the event and buy what I have to. :/ I guess it kind of sounds contradicting but I truly do think that the people who complain about this don't look at the big picture, but I guess that not everybody realizes what Mene has so graciously provided for us really.

Trelweny
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Trelweny Send a message via Yahoo to Trelweny

Old 09-29-2012, 04:58 AM

Wow! I didn't know all that, Jellysundae! I feel all informed and everything now.

I love how Menewsha has event currency. It's such a nice feature, and being able to choose which EIs you get I've always thought was great. Especially if you can't be around enough in the event to get every single one. Even if you can and manage to get a whole set plus it's a bonus having the choice of which ones to have in duplicate. Choice where everyone wins is good.

Thanks so much for pushing event currency through in the first place, and for setting us straight about it now! Booyaka!

Divacita
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-29-2012, 06:57 AM

Thank you so much for upping the point ratio. I really appreciate it truly . I'm no a crazy poster but I wanted to make just enough to get 1 set of EI's & 1 complete set of commons. Only 1 complete outfit is all I need. XD

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-29-2012, 02:18 PM

I hate people sometimes.

I'm sorry jelly.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 09-29-2012, 03:15 PM

First of all, I want to say thank you for the event.

Second thing, I think this is why everyone is complaining about the event currency issue:

Quote:
How do I earn event currency?

You can earn event currency for every post that you make in the forums! So get busy chatting. The earning rate is variable.
"The earning rate is variable."
This sentence right here, even made me wonder at how the event rate was going to go up or down, or if it even meant depending on how long your post is.

This is a sentence that I have generally learned to ignore, because it was also stated in the last few events I was in and the event currency didn't change.

the Easter event I believe we got a one full currency for it 1. (1 token per post is high in my opinion.)

The spring event If I remember correctly I came into the middle of that one, currency .50 (a decent amount to work with)

This event starting currency was .25, jumped to .30, then jumped to .75 more than likely because of the complaining.

I personally would haven been happy with just .50 it still makes you work hard, obviously not as hard as .25 currency. but gives you a fairly reachable goal if you can post enough times.

I am going to say though, that I don't see event currency as "free currency" though, because it still takes my valuable time to post to get those event tokens. Which I *am* willing to bust my butt to get them fairly.

I honestly find it upsetting that you wouldn't want people to work so hard (their hardest even) that they could get one set of all the event stuff.

and yes there are a lot of greedy people, but without that greed, you wouldn't be having people post nearly half as much giving your site tons of activity And last I know, events were to bring more activity to the site.

And yeah I know that the commons all go for double price after the event is over. I would still prefer to spend my hard earned tokes from posting on the event items. and save my hard earned coin for those items that I am questing instead.

But I know most of us are trying to make a goal out of getting them before the event is over. Which I feel as a great goal. I wont be terribly upset if I don't get all the item with just event currency. But I will be overjoyed if I am able to make it. Because I will have accomplished my goal, I hope others do as well.

But that is my view on why a lot of people have been complaining/talking about the event currency as much as they have.

And if I get looked down for this post, then what ever, I really don't care.

I'm here to give my opinion, and then back off to converse with other people.

Laters, and happy posting.

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 09-29-2012, 05:30 PM

Thank you for your time an explanation, jelly. You are someone who really cares about the site and has truly put much thought into it by the way you express yourself through your actions and your words.

As for me, expressing my worries about event currency =/= complaining. Ever since we have had non flash events and my life has become more complicated as well... I have struggled to obtain a single solitary set of EI rares. Once they are gone, they are gone, and the prices inflate. I also almost never buy EI commons. The only case is if I post a tiny amount with my charity mule and if I remember to use their event currency to buy things TO GIVE AWAY TO NEW USERS. It doesn't even go towards me.

It is hard to 'average out' between those who obtain multiple sets + commons, and those who struggle for maybe one or two high end items. At this point I will consider myself blessed if I come out with 3/5 of the EI rares.

But thank you for trying.

Thank you for listening.

Thank you for not giving up on us.

Thank you for not giving up on the Menewshan community as a whole.

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 PM

Thank you jelly
I always buy commons with gold
Just because i cant wait and like the half off sale
And I agree with you, we should just enjoy the event
Thank you all for this event by the way
it was unexpected

---------- Post added 09-29-2012 at 04:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
I hate people sometimes.

I'm sorry jelly.
Lmao
Thats how I feel at work
"damn them all to hell!"

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 09-29-2012, 10:51 PM

Thank you for the events menewsha has. <3

They are really nice events with cute items.

Yes, you have to work a bit for stuff, but it is obtainable.

I am a slow poster, so I am grateful for how easy the items are to get and for any currency earning increases.

If you try events on solia and ernya you can see what hard to get event items are. #.#

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:14 AM

Lol, those eggs are everybody's nemesis. I STILL have a drawer full of all of them. >.>

I appreciate the currency was raised. I'll just be happy to get one set of EIs. Two sets is awesome.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 AM

Haha same here. xD I think I have several pages of them...

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 09-30-2012, 10:23 AM

Actually, I think I am the odd one out... that complains about event currency because of the weird decimals.
XD

In contrast to be a hoarder or greedy, I am more to challenging myself to up my token count each event I join.
I admit, I have that greed to keep post mad and try the dream of buying every common just with the tokens. THAT is my motivation.

This time I felt the original 0.25 was low because I compare it to previous events. I am just stating a fact.
With no flashy games and things, a higher rate than 0.25 is what I think more appropriate. As, you take away one thing, you have to replace it with some other thing. which is why I voice out.

I am a greedy person, but I work to fulfill my greediness.
Thanks for the raise and all the hard work trying to put this event together.
cheers.

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 PM

Thanks for the event & wonderful items.
It was nice to learn some of the history about the event currency.
I never really do understand why some people complain about currency or items.
Maybe some people are just trying to ask questions & others might misunderstand & think that they are complaining when they really aren't.
Usually I am just happy if I make it to a site in time to join any of the events.
This one has me sort of scrambling to make enough event currency to grab all of the cute EI's because I got such a late start.
If people are willing to put a little time into it then they would have enough to get all of them. I didn't find out about the event until about 12 hours ago & I have already been able to get 5 of the EI's. So I am happy.
Thanks again for the event.

Last edited by Damia Flagg; 09-30-2012 at 01:27 PM..

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 09-30-2012, 01:45 PM

thank you jelly for the increase. It helps. have you guys figured out what is the average time a mene person spends online in a week?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 PM

I think the times vary too widely for an average to apply to that many

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 PM

Average time? From what I've seen either they do nothing but mene all day or they hop on for a little bit per week

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM

all i know is that this has really helped me out, so all i can say is thanks

Metempsychosis
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-30-2012, 11:45 PM

I think its fantastic that so much effort was placed into providing such an opportunity in the first place. It always boggles my mind to see people complain when they are being offered something not only unique in its own right, but also free with a little bit of effort. I for one am simply grateful for the opportunity even if I did come in epic late to everything (XD), so thank you for fighting for this!

kimonoki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-01-2012, 01:25 AM

I have to say that I am happy with my two sets......! I did get one for me then one to maybe sell later, or to trade even I'm still looking for things......'questing' would be the correct term

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 10-01-2012, 03:03 AM

I think your events are lovely. c:
I have only been on maybe five or six days, and I am a very slow poster. But partaking in admin giveaways, sharing in the camaraderie, and picking up myself a few new beautiful items (all just for hanging out and posting some) is really most wonderful.

I hope you do know that for every selfish, greedypants there is at least one genuinely happy person on this site. One who thoroughly enjoys the events and the items. You are an excellent administrator, and I for one am exceedingly grateful for something as exciting as even currency.

Thanks, Jelly!