Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 AM

Ashlynn Rogers wasn't much for cities, but she she needed to get away from the small town she grew up in. There were no opportunities there and no one left worth being friends with. The people she knew from high school, they already got out of there. That's why she hopped on a train and ended up here at the modeling agency that graciously offered her a job. Not that she was a model. With her long legs, she might have been the type, but she always thought she looked plain. Ashlynn's new job was as a stylist.

Just like her soon to be model client's, she wore a perfectly balanced outfit. Her brown leather boots tapped on the tile floors as she pushed open the building's large glass door. Inside, cool air contrasted deeply with the brutal heat outside.

"Excuse me, I'm new here. I was told to report to my boss first thing. Could you show me the way?" she asked the pert woman behind the front desk, wincing slightly at her southern twang. She was told to head to a back room on the right, so Ashlynn hurried that way at the giddy, nervous pace. She absolutely couldn't be late and she desperately wanted to make a good first impression. This job was her one chance at a new sort of life. She would cling to it no matter what happened.

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 04-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Katherine Masters grew up in a place very opposite of where she lived now in the big city. Already gotten used to the way things were around the city, she had gone to college at a University for her passion in fashion even if she didn't always where alot or layers. Katherine usually went by Kat rather than her full name even if others did like it better than her short nickname.

Being a designer's assistant had it's own perks to it as well as long hours having to do alot of things rather than the designer themselves. She was quite alright with it as she loved her job and had no care for many things outside of work.

Katherine was holding a brown leather bound sketchbook in her arms and a blue jean jacket with rolled up sleeves buttoned up tucked under her white cream layered skirt and a matching brown belt to look almost like a waist cincher with brown knee boots giving off the appearance she knew what she was doing. Looking at her sketch book while it was open and walking down the hallway running into someone by accident. Most knew her path and would avoid her, so this had to be someone not familiar with the pace of things and everyone's pathways as they both were knocked to the ground. Looking down at her sketch book she hurried to gather it before anyone would see her designs, it would be bad if someone tried to copy them "Sorry, but please watch where you are going"

((her oufitfit Click me in case you want to know))

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 AM

Ashlynn had been so busy looking at each door carefully to figure out where she was, that she paid little attention to the hall. She noticed someone walking toward her, but she didn't give this any mind. She expected the other person to pay attention, but that was obviously too much to ask for. She looked in front of her just in time to collide with a girl. Ashlynn rolled into a sitting position, but her daze didn't last long.

"I'm so sorry! This is all my fault," she exclaimed as she stood and offered a hand to help the other woman up. "I hope you're not mad at me," she added with a bright smile despite the flush spreading over her freckled cheeks. She was too embarrassed by her mistake to notice details, but this other woman was stunning and her clothes, those boots. "Oh my god, I love your shoes!" Ashlynn's mind completely blanked on worries of being late when affronted with such style and shoes were a special love of hers.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-07-2014, 01:37 PM

(IT JUST ATE MY POST I WAS ALMOST DONE IM GOING TO KILL MY MOUSE AND MY INTERNET!!!)

Katherine finished gathering her pages back up into her sketchbook looking over at the girl until someone yelled out her name in confusion "Katherine! What on earth are you doing child?" an older woman spoke as Katherine was being helped up by the other girl not paying any attention to things until she recomposed herself.

"Have you found Miss Rogers yet?" Katherine held her breath as the other woman kept speaking "Well hurry up, I have another appointment today" and she walked off calmly "Oh my god she is gong to kill me one of these times" straightening herself she looked at the other girl "I'm sorry about our collision, but I have to go" then she heard the compliment on her outfit "Oh, thank you, I try to put my outfit together each day myself" for a minute she forgot about what she was doing or who she was looking for.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-08-2014, 03:08 AM

When someone yelled their direction, Ashlynn actually jumped and cringed. She couldn't help it though. She always startled very easily. She gave the other woman a sheepish smile of apology because she really felt she couldn't apologize enough. The other woman looked like she was about to leave when Ashlynn heard who the other was supposed to be looking for. Rogers? Sure it wasn't her. It was a very common name after all, but Ashlynn jumped forward and grabbed the woman's hand to stop her from walking away just in case.

"Wait, I'm new here and I'm supposed to meet my boss. I'm not sure if I'm going the right way. Are...are you looking for me?" She asked in a rush. A small blush tinted her freckled cheeks as she dropped her hand and clasped them both behind her back.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 01:55 PM

Katherine looks back at the girl who stopped her from leaving to find the one they were supposed to meet. "Depends, what's your name?" Kathrine asked knowing it was rude to ask for a name without giving one, but this was not a time for introductions if her boss found out she couldn't find the girl that they were looking for. She heard that this new girl had a lot of untapped potential and so much more so her boss wanted to have the girl work with them. In the past most newbies didn't last very long and if they did they didn't stay.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 06:19 PM

Ashlynn let a hesitant smile wash over her face. "I'm Ashlynn Rogers. I-I mean, if it's not me then I'm such a bother. But I heard the other woman ask about a Miss Rogers," she explained in a nervous rush of speech. She knew it was terrible to be such a weak sounding person when she should be making a good impression, but the confident mask she worked for hours to prepare shattered when she ran into this girl. She doubted she'd be able to put that confidence into place again before the day was over.

Immy

Penpal

Old 05-27-2014, 10:09 PM

Thinking for a brief second she quickly realized this was the girl that Mimi was looking for. Mimi was her boss, the head boss of the company, and rarely showed up for things such as this. "Alright come on, before we both get killed for being late" Katherine held the girl's hand leading her through the simple hallway of busy people making sure not to bump into anyone else. Once there and in front of Mimi whom had looked up with curiosity in her eyes, she said "I had accidentally ran into miss Rodgers earlier when you found us, forgive me, she did arrive on time, I made her late, I apologize" and with that she did a slight bow of her head as well as upper body. Mimi then nodded after she sighed "Fine fine, but let's not let this happen again. Katherine I have another meeting across town very soon and must leave. I need you to show miss Rodgers what she will be doing, alright? nice to meet you miss rodgers, I am known as Mimi. Good day" and with that she left.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-28-2014, 01:03 AM

Ashlynn nodded her head and tried to interpret the mood and the personality of both Katherine and Mimi, though it made her head spin. She didn't think her new both was angry at her, but then maybe she was? Mimi left in quite the storm of movement right after Ashlynn introduced herself. It didn't bode well for her future, but she pulled herself a bit taller and turned to Katherine anyways. "I'm sorry about that. She looked upset. You're Katherine right? Is Mimi the strict sort of boss?" That was the impression Ashlynn got. Normally she didn't work well under pressure, but she really wanted this.

Immy

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 01:13 AM

"No not really. Mimi just has a lot going on right now and we have a very important show in about two-three months, but we don't have the designs we need since I am out of inspiration. I am actually going in the next day or two to travel around the city and see what I can 'dig up' so to speak. However, now that you are here it might help out, we will have to work together probably in order to find the correct style, but at least-" Katherine was interrupted as a male blonde walked into the room with them "Katherine!" he sounded happy as Katherine got hugged by him and let go

"Hey Caine, we're in luck, this is our new stylist that Mimi had waited just in time for" Katherine chuckled a little as she watched Caine hug the other girl "Come on Caine, you can give her pointers later-" Being interrupted again another girl asked Katherine about a few color choices which now put her in work mode. Caine shook his head "I am Caine, one of the male stylists still here and a favorite under Mimi. If you're anything like Katherine or me, you'll become a favorite too" Caine obviously only swung one way, but he seemed to appear like a player more than someone who would be one-way.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-15-2014, 08:46 PM

Ashlynn started to feel more comfortable around Katherine if just a bit. The woman looked like an icon of fashion and it was easy to respect her. Ashlynn nodded her head without saying anything. If Katherine were right, this was the perfect job. "Okay, thanks. I'll try my best although I don't have a lot of experience. I worked with hair and makeup before." And even then, it was the small salon in her little home town. She didn't doubt for a second with her freckles and accent that she looked the part of small town girl.

"Oh, hello Caine. It's nice to meet you," she greeted that rather exuberant newcomer. "I look forward to working with you," she added with a little bow of her head. She glanced over at Katherine. This was just her first day, but it looked like she might get flung into work soon. She was just waiting for someone to tell her something to do.

Immy

Penpal

Old 06-26-2014, 01:57 AM

Katherine looked over at Caine "Caine, don't just stand there. Go show her where she is going to be working and do it now, Mimi will have our heads if we don't get things started asap" Caine looked smug, it wasn't his job to show her around, but it was Katherine's, and they both knew it. "Fine, I'll do it, at least show her around the place" but then Caine was gone and she rolled her eyes. "Matilda, take over, I have things to do, and they have to be done now" Katherine mumbled something about Caine then walked over to Ashlynn "Come on, I'll show you to your office, and what supplies you have to work with. We have only the best just to let you know" letting her anger fade away she smiled again "Have you ever worked with high quality make up before?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-27-2014, 04:15 AM

Ashlynn nervously watched the exchange between Caine and Katherine. She didn't know these people, but she hated to see people in discontent with each other no matter who they were. She breathed a little sigh of relief when Caine left though she couldn't tell at all who was at fault here, him or Katherine. And she did so love to know who to side with in a disagreement. "Thank you. I know I'm in the way," she said gratefully, adding the last part as if it were a fact that she couldn't even apologize for. "Oh just a tad. Little gems like high quality materials don't come buy a gal like me often, but I take advantage when they do."

Immy

Penpal

Old 07-29-2014, 01:46 PM

"Good" Katherine walked down the hallway keeping in check that her new recruiter was still in tow behind her. "Now your office is in the middle of mine and Caine's. So don't worry, if you have questions about something ask one of us, and don't be hesitant. We're all a team in this building, if one of us messes up or fails, then we all do. I guess it's more like a family that way, but that's what we think." Opening a glass see through door since most of them had doors or ones that shut. Katherine stepped to the side to let her in to her own office.

"This room has make up, designs, outfits, and just about everything. Since we're all working in here and it's hard to leave for lunch sometimes we even get a mini fridge for small things." Katherine heard Caine standing by the door, "Just to let you know Sugar, you're not in the way." Winking at Ashlynn. "Kat is just like a tiger cub, pushy." Caine saw Katherine roll her eyes "Ignore him" "I thought she was to ask for help, not ignore our help" Caine spoke. The two were good friends on the clock, off the clock could mean something different, but this wasn't the time to be playing.

"I will let you get set up now Ashlynn and Caine?" Katherine paused, not asking him a question by stating his name. "You still owe me three projects, get to it" and she pushed passed him leaving him in the doorway "Don't forget to give her the cellphone"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-07-2014, 09:16 PM

Ashlynn nodded her head as she listened to every bit of information thrown at her. Each fact got filed away into her mind because she'd never forgive herself if she forgot a single thing. She peeked her head into the office and her eyes went wide. "Oh my..." she whispered as she walked inside. She knew Katherine continued to speak but she was still awed at the fact there were offices and so many wonderful things inside. This was no broom closet or open spaced salon. Ashlynn resisted the urge to bury herself in the room with a cry of joy.

"What will I be doing today? Is there a project that needs working on? Models that need dolled up?" She didn't know the schedule yet or if shows or photos were going on. A designer was always busy, but the stylist was either taking it easy or going insane doing everything for a show the day of. She paused, realizing something that had been said. "A cellphone?"

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-20-2014, 02:00 AM

"Ah yes, glad Caine reminded me about that, I just hope you're better at getting things done than he is. Then again we all are in this building, however, he does some of the most amazing work around here" Katherine hands her a phone "This is your new smartphone, if you don't know how to use it, let me know. I'll show you a few things on here and how to work them. Our boss is our main ringtone in case some emergency shows up, however, she'll probably call me first then whoever is next. Do NOT ignore a single call for any reason unless you have broken every bone in your body and cannot get to the phone" okay that was a bit over statement, but Katherine took great pride in her work she did.

"With that being said, don't take everything or anything people say in this building to heart. If someone praises you, they don't mean it, unless it comes from Mimi or I. Or Caine since he seems to like you now like a sister. If someone is offended by you or upset by you, let me know, and I'll handle it. But that means they're usually jealous. So as far as projects go...well this is where Caine was supposed to come in, however he is quite busy" Katherine thought for a moment

"Alright here is what I want for a few samples. I need style ideas for those who are in their early 30s and want to look like they're in their 20s, but don't go all 'kiddy' on them. Make it seem to fit them, different styles, different types, and colors. Whatever it takes to make them look younger, decide on which hair style looks best, and sketch them out. I will take a look at them later. U have to go, you have a few hours to do whatever, the whole day actually, and don't forget to go to lunch." Katherine walked to the door "I'll visit sometime later and I have already stuck some food as well as drinks in the fridge for you in case you didn't want to leave the room. Let this all soak in and have fun" Katherine walked out of the room.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-30-2014, 03:47 AM

"Alright, thank you," Ashlynn said, her mind already whirling with ideas. "I will do whatever you ask me to." She tipped her head to Katherine before the other woman left the room. Ashlynn hardly noticed. She lost herself to creativity the second Katherine mentioned her task. Sitting down, she pulled her brown messenger bag into her lap. The outside of the bag remained tastefully plain in an unbiased sort of way. The things inside contained traces of her personality where they wouldn't affect her job or anyone's opinion of her. The pins on the inside flap contained five different cats from cute and childish to classy. She stroked the furry brown one for luck before pulling out her supplies.

Something young, but also sophisticated? Ashlynn brainstormed with her pencil rather than in her mind. Before long, she had sketches covering multiple pages. The clothing and accessories in the room gave her the substance of her drawings. After all, her job wasn't to creating designs, but to put the existing material together. She drew a long haired style parted to the side with two tiny braids at the side. The main part of the hair pulled over the shoulder in a loose and low tie. She kept the braids centered in the back though so it wouldn't be too plain. A flick of a chalk pencil added an energetic touch in the form of a teal scrunchie tie.

Ashlynn easily flitted through more designs to encompass all the different styles. A halo of curly red hair sported a thick black hairband with a large daisy to the side. Matched with the black floral halter dress and a yellow belt with flower buckle, anyone would look gorgeous. Ashlynn would love to get her hand on a model to try these styles out. So excited was she that she didn't notice the pass of time. Hours in fact. When she came out of her daze of inspiration, her stomach gave a gurgle. 12:38, her phone read. Ashlynn only gave a chuckle, not the least bit upset to learn she worked through a good portion of lunch break.

Immy

Penpal

Old 11-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Caine had stayed in his station the entire time with a bento box next to him with a name on it that could hardly be read. Making sure the snack size bites to not interfere with his work he tried out a few different patterns matching them up with the right skin tones. Caine had managed to get almost twenty designs done in the short limit of time from morning to noon. He took a sip of his water bottle as stretched, the main outfits were completed, he just felt they were missing something, but what?

- - - - - -

Katherine spent the entire time running back and forth for their boss. She had the coffee ready as well as the jacket being put up. She didn't wait or ask for anything. She barely spoke a word to anyone, though Katherine was only the third in command, and she loved it that way. First and second command girls had to sacrifice their time, energy, lives, and love life all to be completely ready to serve their boss. If you had a love life, it would be gone instantly just about, if you had a social life outside of fashion, then you might as well give up on that, and if there was any bit left for children or anything else. Well, as stated you might as well pass them off to someone else or quit your job.

- - - - - -

Katherine walked up to Caine's door sending a text to Ashlynn [Don't forget to eat] and sent it. It would have said from 'Kat' as a nickname which made everyone know who it was from easily. "Have you been eating like I said to?" Katherine asked watching him look frustruated "What's wrong?" Katherine asked as Caine had originally gotten a call from someone saying "We won't be able to get the models in today. Something about a few of them getting sick and we don't need that here. We don't have any unused mannequins either so that's going to be a tricky one." Katherine sighed looking at her phone schedule.

"I'll take care of it, go make sure the new girl gets some food in her stomach. Get her a bento if it's easier to eat while working and make sure she doesn't over work herself. In fact why don't you guys take your food outside on the terrace, that way she can get some sunlight, and you too. You're starting to look a little pale" Katherine spoke walking out. Caine knew this meant Katherine wasn't going to be eating again and wondered maybe the three of them could get together and create some better ideas.

Caine didn't dwell upon it as he went to Ashylnn's office knocking slightly as he stood against the door frame "Hello princess, ready for some lunch? We still have alot of work to do, but I'm sure we can take a break outside." Caine didn't always listen to Katherine or anyone for that matter minus the boss, but he knew when things got rough in the industry that they needed to be done as said.

Immy

Penpal

Old 04-03-2015, 12:24 PM

Did this one die too?