Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 03-24-2012, 01:00 AM

iRawr x Angel

Name : Evelyn

( different clothing, of course )

Name : Jace Masters

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-24-2012 at 02:46 AM..

X3_iRawr_X3
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to X3_iRawr_X3

Old 03-24-2012, 02:30 AM

Name: Claire Watson

Name: Bryan Leif

----------

"Lieutenant Watson. You are to aboard this rouge pirate ship and study the pirates that take aboard. We will follow. Don't let me down." Captain Leif's words kept running through her mind. She had managed to get on the ship earlier this morning. She was currently hiding out in one of the storage rooms. Mainly filled with barrels of rum and wine. No gold was found as of yet. Claire was undercover. Her hair, which was normally a slicked back bun, was let loose and wild. On her lower half of her body, she wore black tights that fit like a pair of capri pants. Over it she wore a simple white shirt that had hugged her curves. On her waist was a red belt, holding her knife and dagger on either side of her. Around her wrists was some torn cloth. Just to accessorize. She wore a simple blue pendant with a gold chain around her neck. Finally, on her feet were simple black flats.

Claire was currently sitting on a barrel and kicking her feet. Her eyes scanned the room once more. She was mainly listening more movement. She would wait until night fall to scope out the ship. Even though she was under cover, she was still a stowaway. Naval officer or not. She would not be welcomed.

"Don't get so close or they'll suspect something."
Said the Captain. Captain Bryan Leif. They were following the ship for two reasons. One, to help Lieutenant Watson if she were to be in danger, and to hopefully find these filthy pirates' hideout. He was going to take back all they have stolen. He stood tall and built.He wore his black uniform. (Similar to the image but buttoned) His hair was tied and slipped back except for two strands on either side of his temple.

Right now, Captain Leif and the rest of the force would stay in the shadows. Hoping they don't somehow get seperated from Lieutenant Watson and the ship. This mission would have to be successful. Captain Leif remained on deck, looking out into the ocean. He squinted his eyes at the tiny ship that was ahead of them.

Arc Angel

Old 03-24-2012, 04:06 AM

The sun melted over the sea beautifully that afternoon; gentle golds and pinks in a concentrated bundle just along the horizon as rings of lighter hues of yellow and orange flanked the bright, majestic bundle of light in rings. The few guls that were out and about the archipelago were settling down in the rocks lining the beaches, and many other signs of life were stirring in the calm afternoon. The land was at peace, the sea was settled, and all that was left of the morning was gone to lead way into what Evelyn was sure would be a soothing night.

Evelyn was the only living creature on this island that was even relatively close to a human, though she was anatomically caught between a that species and a fish, so to speak. Her hair was half-dampened as her torso stretched just above the water, her tail showing as a faint shimmer of gold beneath the water. Her calm, blue eyes were set on the horizon with a certain fondness, a little smile drawn along her face as her smooth hands slid up along the piece of rock she rested upon. It just jutted out of the water enough for her to rest upon it, her tail beneath and behind her still flitting about gently in the water. The sea was at peace and so was she, and yet she could just barely make out distant, dark flecks in the water which she knew to be nearing ships. The nearer one was the pirate crew that frequented these waters to stash their riches in the land's coves, but the other? Now curious, as was her nature, the siren slipped easily from her place upon the rocks and dipped underwater to maneuver her way over to find out for herself.

"Any more rum an' you'll be drowning on the beach!" the men above deck jested amongst each other, loud and drunken, much to the surprising amusement of their captain below. Cap'n Jace, as he was referred to, had slipped below deck to catch a moment's breath away from his joyous crew. He adored his men, really, but those burly clowns could be overwhelming at times. In their drunken state, especially, and the abundance of rum below deck was of no help. Still, before Jace had been able to find sleep he seemed to crave a last glass of wine to finish off the day. Being the only sober one aboard aside from a young cabin boy had its advantages, but something about the evening still called for wine.

Not that becoming drunkenly happy was on the young captain's mind, but a glass of something to wrap up the victorious day wouldn't be a bad thing. Fine wine was aboard, but only in limited supply and tucked safely beneath the rum stores. Jace was making his way down to just the very room that kept their liquor, whistling a happy little tune as he slipped down a staircase at the center of the room. The black boots that hung loosely about his feet would announce his presence into the quiet room, his whistling carrying out quietly through the space as he stepped down onto the floor of the deck. Without a glance in either direction, he would walk straight down along one of the aisles of liquor, his gaze sliding casually along the crates and barrels as he read off the labels under his breath.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-24-2012 at 04:30 AM..

X3_iRawr_X3
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 AM

Claire sighed as she listened to the men above her stumble around drunk. "Bunch of baboons if you ask me..." She let out one more sigh and stood up. Walking along the isles. she ran a hand through her hair. She wasn't use to it being loose like this except from when she is sleeping. Either way, she would have some adjusting to do. To be honest, she wasn't sure how long this mission would take. Maybe it will last a few days, maybe weeks. Who knows. even months. She knew if that was the case, she would eventually be discovered by one of those baboons. So she would have to think of an excuse as to why she was there.

She had stopped for a moment when she had heard footsteps. The sound of feet walking on wood was hard to miss. The sound grew louder and her chest tightened. She looked around and glanced at a barrel. She wondered if she could fit in one. Much to her luck, she managed to find an empty one quickly and then stepped in. Might not be the most original hiding spot, but it will work. She just hoped whoever it was didn't open this barrel. She listened as the door opened and entered the room. She held her breath. Hoping to not be discovered.

"Captain Leif!" A sudden should brought the captain out of his thoughts. He turned and moved towards the source. "Hm, yes. What is it?" The officer had stood nervously before him. "Um. I'm sorry to say this, Sir, but I am afraid we forgotten to load up on gunpowder. We hardly have any left. " Bryan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I repeated myself fifteen times. Make sure we are fully stocked on everything..." He shook his head. "That's not all..." Bryan looked at him. "It seems one of the crates of food we had boarded found it's way into the ocean. So we must ration on food for a bit sir." Bryan nodded. "Very well. If it comes to we, we will eat fish." He dismissed the officer and he leaned against the railings.

Bryan had hoped the mission wouldn't last long. Though they just began the mission, and they were already having problems. Bryan was pretty sure they could manage though. If they ran out of gunpowder. Use swords, daggers, knives. Whatever. These pirates had been a pain in his side for a while now, and he was ready to pull out that thorn.

Arc Angel

Old 03-24-2012, 05:21 AM

Evelyn would take care to keep to the deeper areas of the water, knowing all too well of the occasional sand bar stretching between the series of small islands. In this manner she'd maneuver herself along the whole stretch of water between where she'd been resting along the rocky cove and the unknown ship. After nearing it, she slipped her head just above water. She was in the shadow of the ship now, where she didn't think a crew member would clearly see her even if they attempted to. The ship was an odd sight, most especially up close, for it didn't look a thing like any pirate ship she had ever laid eyes on.

This only lead her curiosity to peak, and wishing to get a look at its crew she would duck underwater once again. She circled about to the ship's side, at a distance where the railing would now be visible to her, and resurfaced. With only up to her shoulders above water she believed it hadn't been a risky move until she spotted the dark-haired man standing up against the railing. Her eyes went wide and her breath hitched nervously in her throat as her body froze for a moment. Did he see her? She hoped not as she quickly ducked back underwater. As reckless as that move had been, her notion to duck underwater had been riskier yet. That movement from her let out a splash that she fretted may have alerted at least the man she had seen of her presence. While waiting to see if what she feared had happened, she rested beneath the ship with her back up against its cool wood.

Jace would take leisurely, relaxed steps down along the aisles of liquor until he reached the further most rows at the back of the room. It was there that he had collected a series of barrels, varying in size and types of wood, but all having a spout from which one could take their fill of rum or wine. Fine wines, dessert wines, white and red, strong and weak-- as he read along the labels he stopped near the small collection of red wine, one of his thumbs rising to his lips as he tried to decipher some of the older labels. Did some of these even have any wine left in thema. Surely, not all of them did, by the look of the dates.

He frowned a bit to himself, a pout really, a childish gesture of his lack of decisiveness. That, and his disappointment in himself and his cabin boy who had yet to sort through their liquor properly. Then, steadily, one of his hands rose to run along one of the barrels. Pausing about halfways down along it's side, his hand pulled back a bit before his knuckles met its side to rap along it. With a skilled ear, he listened to interpret whether or not the barrel was hollow. If it weren't, he could pour himself a glass of whatever the barrel held.

X3_iRawr_X3
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-24-2012, 09:22 PM

Claire was listening and studying the man's footsteps. She remained curled up in that barrel. She was packed pretty tight in there, so she would have to remain still or she'll move the barrel. She closed her eyes when the footsteps finally stopped. It wasn't until a moment later that she had heard a slight tapping at the barrel. Right next to her ear. She wondered if he suspected anything or was he just idly tapping. She wasn't so sure. She remained still, her hand going for her knife. She waited and watched the top of the barrel to see if it would open.

If the barrel were to open, she would jump out and tackle whoever was on the outside waiting, pressing the knife to that person's neck if successful. She would have probably knocked over the barrel as well. If no one opened the barrel, she would merely sit and wait for whoever it was to leave. Being scrunched in there like that was killing her back and it was quite hot in the enclose space.

Bryan eventually had turned to face the ocean. A sigh escaped his lips. At least the weather was nice. If they ended up in the middle of a storm, there was a high chance of loosing the pirates and the Lieutenant. She was so young. A little too young to be a naval officer. He still wonders to this day as to why on earth he made a child a Lieutenant. She wasn't technically a child. She was just very young compared to most of the officers in his unit. He also seemed to have some of the most unorganized officers too. He sighed and hung his head. He closed his eyes for a moment. Feeling the cool breeze brush across him felt tranquil. "Hm..."

Bryan had finally opened his eyes to catch a glimpse of something ducking into the water. "Huh?" He leaned over a bit and stared into the water. "That looked like a woman..." He frowned. He wondered if she was in trouble. Maybe she somehow fell over board on her ship and was just now floating around. Looking for someone to save her. Bryan had a soft stop when it came to women in trouble so he removed his shoes and coat. "Lower the anchor!" He called out before diving into the water. Hoping to find the woman he thought he saw. If not, the salty air must be making him delusional.

Arc Angel

Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 PM

Jace would cease his whistling as he rapped his knuckles upon the barrel, his ear but a few inches form the wood as he waited to catch the sound it gave off. Well, the barrel wasn't empty. Smiling to himself, he would lower the glass he carried to its spout and attempt to fill it. No use. His brows furrowed in confusion as no liquid came out, and he couldn't help but become suspicious with his find. A seemingly full barrel with no liquor had to be holding something, eh? Setting his glass down on top of the neighboring barrel, one of his hands then moved to his dagger as the other autiouslty popped the lid off of the barrel.

While he had been expecting something, Jace was caught off guard by the woman that came flying out of the barrel so recklessly. She did succeed in tackling him, but his dagger easily met her knife before it even neared his neck. After the initial surprise, his steady gaze moved up to meet the young lady's, and his body relaxed beneath hers. A stowaway wasn't a common find, but he had long since admitted that there was a possibility of finding one with his owning a ship. "Seems we've got a stowaway," he commented casually, an amused grin lining his lips as he looked up at her, "an' what's a lady like yourself doing on my ship?" He raised a curious eyebrow up at her, a full smile breaking out onto his lips. What could he say? He was a pirate, and it was the unexpected events like this that kept him up and on his toes.

While Evelyn had been expecting something to come of her accident, she hadn't expected the ship to actually move to weigh anchor. Certainly not rig away, anyways. It so happened that the anchor was throw over just a few feet awayf rom whe she rested along the ship, startling her into darting forward hurriedly. She then frantically looked as just a few yards at from her, her fears were confirmed. That fool had dived in after her. The question was if he meant to harm her, or if he had really actually seen her. After a moment of hesitating, she figured she and already blown whatever cover she had tried to cling to. Sighing frustratedly, Evelyn maneuvered herself swiftly over to where the man was.

One setting her eyes clearly upon him, she was caught off guard. He most certainly looked nothing like a pirate; he seemed to practice proper hygiene and was well-groomed and clothed, she may even dare to call him handsome in a way. Nevertheless, before he made any other foolish mistakes she made a move to do him a favor. If he had by chance mistaken her, she would mean to clear it up immediately. It was silly for a man to attempt saving someone who didn't need it, after all. Her hands came to rest gently upon his shoulders, her tail moving behind her so that he would be able to clearly see it if he were looking in her direction.

X3_iRawr_X3
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-28-2012, 01:31 AM

Claired uttered a curse when he managed to stop her attack, though, she continued pressing. She was worried that he might kill her. However, she felt his body relax and saw his smile. She raised a brow and scrunched her nose when she had an idea as to why he relaxed. She stood up and pulled him to his feet before slamming him into a shelf, holding onto the collar of his shirt. 'Don't you underestimate me based on my sex" She then attempted to thrown him to the ground and walked away from him and took seat on one of the barrels. She took a moment to think of an excuse as to why she was on his ship.

"If you are wondering why I am, I am merely here for the ride. I'm not wanted in my home town. Seeing this ship, I snuck on. I planned on getting off at the next stop, but I fell asleep and missed it, so looks like you are stuck with me." She glared at him. "I'm surprised I haven't been discovered sooner. Your captain should be more aware of his ship." She really had no idea who he was. "Must be a fool." She looked at him. "Who are you?"

Bryan continued on in the water. He saw a figure come towards him and he stopped for a moment before a girl was suddenly in front of him. His eyes widened a bit as how quickly she appeared. He looked over her and noticed her tail. He looked at her and raised a brow. He frowned and took her wrist and attempted to pull her up to the surface, however, something fell from ship and hit him in the head, knocking him out. He let out a breath and began to sink down towards the bottom. Apparently one of the clumsy officers dropped a canon ball and it happened to hit him.

(not my best, sorry.)

Arc Angel

Old 03-28-2012, 02:36 AM

Jace couldn't help but let his smile broaden at the girl's reaction and how she then proceeded to lift him up from the floor. Her reaction was only to be expected, though he honestly hadn't meant to underestimate her with his words. He didn't suspect a woman would believe in any honesty from a pirate, however. What caught him off guard was her lifting him up by his collar, to which he calmly complied, and next action of slamming him into the shelf. This was when Jace's childish grin flickered, an expression of clear discomfort crossing his face as he put his hands up defensively. As he was let down, and she attempted to throw him, he adjusted himself in a manner where he would merely stumble a bit before catching himself on his feet. "Miss, I am afraid to tell ya this, but going after a man who had no intentions to hurt you was foolish," he spoke slowly, his eyes cautiously upon her now, as if waiting for her to attack him again. "You'll be happy to know that the ship's navigator is a woman younger than I, and I know full well she could throw be about the deck any day she wished to. I have nothing against ya females," he then went on to explain.

As he found his footing sure once again, Jace leaned casually upon the shelf he'd been thrown against and crossed his legs before him. He listened to her with a blank expression, amusement once again warming his features as a smile lifted his lips. Their captain, a fool, eh? Their captain whom hadn't found her yet, eh? To top it all off, the girl wished to know who he was. He knew it was rude, but what could he say-- Jace couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Ah, our Cap'n," he began, speaking as his title as his crew would have, "Cap'n Jace Masters; wanted for, what was it, eh? Escaping the marines five or six years?" He was joking with the boast of course, his tone would portray that clearly, but he knew the figure was just about right. Nevertheless, sighing softly, his smile turned to a friendly flip side as one of his hands rose to rub the back of his head. He wasn't going to tell her that he was captain, she could figure that out herself as soon as she stepped out of the lower decks, and he mused that that would be a moment he would relish in. Who would be a fool, then? Nevertheless he had a soft spot for people in need of his services, private or not, and spoke up after a moment, "Sorry for that little outburst, miss, I am sure the cap'n will let ya stay. 'O course, ya shouldn' he sleeping down here after the crew sees ya. I will have to find ya a better place to sleep. C'mon now." He moved to the staircase that he had entered from, gesturing for her to follow him as he began to slip up along the stairs.

Evelyn would sigh as he merely raised an eyebrow in respnse to her tail. She hadn't wanted him to panic, but really? She shook her head a little as he moved to pull her up, her eyes widening in a bit of fright herself. Whether or not he planned on harming her, the thought of surfacing with him in front of his crew made her rather nervous. It seemed, however, that as soon as he begin to try lifting her a sudden flash of a dark object above him stopped this. Evelyn, startled, let go of him hurriedly as the canon ball moved to strike him upon the head. She wasn't quite sure what had happened or if the man would be alright but upon seeing the breath leaving his lips she knew she would now have to assist him. Lest he die down there, of course.

The woman moved swiftly, her tail strong behind her as it steered her directly downwards. She caught up with him quickly, her arms wrapping around his side as she moved hurriedly away from the ship and up to resurface. Her thoughts moved a bit frantically, for while she didn't want this man to die from loss of air she didn't wish for them to be seen by the crew. Knowing if she were to be able to do either of these, the man would need a breath, she moved to press her lips firmly to his in order to pass a breath between his lips. After pausing to do so, she darted hurriedly away with him, reaching the rocks where she had been hiding earlier but a minute or so later. When she resurfaced, she lifted his body up alongside hers, one of her hands grasping ahold of a flat, nearby rock to steady them in the water. At this distance, they shouldn't be able to be seen, so that was one relief.

As her gaze was drawn to the man whom she held up, however, she couldn't help but wander if he would be alright-- and how long he would be out. Sighing softly to herself, she figured they shouldn't stay out in open water like this where she couldn't hold him up for long. Moving swiftly once more, she would duck underwater with him briefly before resurfacing in a small, empty cove with no visible land entrance. She gently laid him out on the smooth rocks lining the water, then resting herself just a couple of feet away to watch over him. As she looked over him, the softest of pinks crossed her face and her gaze drew away. Sure, the earlier kiss was to save his life, but that didn't stop the fact that he was handsome. Handsome and unconscious, which was all the more troublesome. Entertaining herself as she awaited him to wake up, she took up a little singing:

"Upon one summer's morning, I carefully did stray,
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay..."

( Oh, no, yours was great! Sorry for the massive text wall... I don't know what came to me, ^^;; )

Halloween hangout + contests!

Last edited by Arc Angel; 03-28-2012 at 02:41 AM..

X3_iRawr_X3
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 PM

Claire crossed her arms, slightly pouting when he managed to catch himself after she attempted to throw him. Oh well. She ran her hands through her hair, wondering what the Captain was doing. She wondered if they were still following them. She would check as soon as she was alone again. In the mean time, she glanced back over at the pirate in front of her. His cocky attitude was starting to annoy her just a bit. Just the way he moved his body and the calm look on his face. She shook her head. She moved to stand up from the barrel as he explained that he had respect for females. She was sure he was trying to pull wool over her eyes, but she would play along with his act.

Claire crossed her arms and said. "Hm. Well, if you speak truth, then I apologize for over reacting like I did. I've heard a lot of rumors about pirates like you. None of them were good." She shrugged. She wasn't going to sugar coat it. She moved to lean against the shelf across from him, hearing him speak once more after she had ranted about the Captain of this ship. She raised a brow. "Jace Masters? Is that his name." Coming into this assignment, they weren't able to retrieve much info about the pirate, but she had a feeling that she would meet him soon. She smiled some. Claire moved with the pirate up the stairs and followed him silently. She then realized that he never gave her his name. "I don't believe I caught your name."

Bryan had woken up maybe two to three hours later. It seemed he was hit harder than expected. Bryan opened his eyes slowly before sitting up suddenly and coughing up water. "Uh..." He placed a hand on his head. "Those fools..." He muttered. He lowered his hand and glanced around. "What is this place?" He slowly stood up, his wet clothing clinging to every muscle of his body. His eyes finally stopped at the woman with the tail. He raised a brow. He moved closer to her and knelt down. "Did you save me?" He asked, a slight tilt of his head.

Meanwhile, on the ship, the crew was panicking. They were not able to find their captain in the water. There was really no sign of him. They had even forced a retreat. The next highest rank was appointed to guide them and he chose to leave and go get help. They didn't even thing about Claire on that pirate ship.

(It's suck-ish. My brain has just been....Bleh... Sorry I didn't color it. I will in a bit.)

Arc Angel

Old 04-05-2012, 03:04 AM

Jace chuckled to himself, shaking his head a bit at her initial reaction. Of course a woman would say such a thing of a pirate. Yet, he had a feeling she didn't quite mean what she said. Something about the way in which she spoke and the way she had plainly laid out her feelings about pirates told him that she wasn't fond of him regardless of her apology. "Ah, not a problem miss! To be expected of a young lady..." he replied casually, his voice lowering to jsut above a murmur as he added the last bit thoughtfully. This made him all the more giddy about her not knowing that he was the captain. It was ironic, really-- and he was relieved that she didn't know whom she was talking to. As they reached the main deck where his crew bustled about, however, he soon realized that he had felt relieved all too soon. The fun of leading this girl along was finished.

It was just as her question was asked and Jace had turned to answer her that a burly man of the crew called out, "Cap'n Jace, who's th' wench?" Jace cringed slightly, as the blunt comment was most obviously directed towards him. Eyes from many of the crew drew to the young lady accompanying him, expectant of their captain though hesitant to pry too far into his private affairs. If she were his girl, or if he told them no answer, they'd know better than to question any further. Their curiosity had cautionary restraints around him. Clearing his voice then, Jace would reply first to the man, explaining to his crew, "This here lady's to hitch a ride to th' next port! Yer not to touch her!" At this, the crew shrugged and whispered amongst themselves as they went back to work. There was no surprise among them, they all knew well that Jace didn't like the men of his crew trailing the women aboard. His gaze swerved apologetically to the girl then, and he let off a little shrug as he admitted, "Yeah, Jace Masters, nice to meet your acquainted, miss." He nodded to her in greeting, an amused smile drawing up along his lips.

Startled by the sudden movement of the man at her side, Evelyn broke off her singing to look down at him curiously. So he was alright after all. That was a relief, drawing a small smile to her face as she looked down at him cautiously. One could never be too careful with men, she knew. Evelyn remained quiet, sitting casually upon the rock with her tail drawn before her as she watched him stand up and look around. Her gaze remained steady upon him, a curiosity dancing around in her eyes as she observed him. "A cove beneath the island, they would've seen me along the beaches," she explained casually as he asked. Then watching as he kneeled before her, she wondered what exactly he would do. She assumed he hadn't seen a siren before- most men hadn't- so she wondered what he was thinking right about now.

Evelyn then thought about his next question, a small, musical laugh rising from her as one of her hands rose to press lightly against her lips. Didn't he remember a thing? "Why, yes, I suppose so. Whatever that odd rock was, it sure had you..." she trailed off for a moment before turning a question back at him. "What were you doing, diving into the water after me? I surely couldn't have surface with you," she wondered, not sure of what he'd been thinking. She assumed he hadn't known what she was at the time, but if he had, had he planned to catch her? She hoped his answer would clear this up.

( No worries, it wasn't bad. ^^ I don't mind not coloring, I could tell when you switched characters well enough. )

X3_iRawr_X3
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Claire watched as he turned towards him and it seemed he was about to answer her question. She blinked some when one of the pirates called out towards them. Captain Jace? Who? Him? She looked at the man in front of him. No way! He's way to scrawny! She shook her head some and stepped away, placing her hands on her hips. She went to confused to angry. He was the captain this whole time and he continued to let her make a fool of herself. Her cheeks turned red some. "That was a very foul thing to do..." She sighed. She then glanced at the crew. The fact that this captain had to give them specific orders not to touch her worried her a bit. She looked at the once named Jace. He would probably be expecting her name now. She wouldn't give out her real name just in case.

Claire placed her hands on her hips. "Well 'Cap'n'. You want to show me around here or not? Since I'm going to be staying her awhile, I might as well get to know where everything is..." Claire, in fact, did not know that the naval ship has retreated and she was stuck alone.

Bryan stared at the female infront of her. She was not human, that was for sure. In fact, she had read about her kind. A siren. At least he figured that was what they were called. She was a sight. Odd, but a beauty. He nodded as she confirmed that is was she that save him. He took her hand and kissed her knuckles gently. "Thank you miss." He then stood straight. She mentioned a strange rock. "Oh. That..." He sighed and blinked. He wondered. He was missing. Out of the crew's sight. Would they leave and abandon the mission. Not to mention that Lieutenant Watson was still on that dreadful pirate ship. This was bad. Bad indeed.

Bryan was brought out of his thoughts for a moment when he heard the siren's question. "Well in all honesty miss, I though you were a young lady, stranded. Drowning, maybe. I must admit. I can not turn down a soul in need of help." He sighed. "Now I just jeopardized the mission..."

Arc Angel

Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 AM

Jace regarded the girl's reaction cautiously, his hands rising in front of him defensively. "'Ey, what's a man to do? A girl jumps out of a barrel like a banshee straight from hell, insults me, and then expects me to not try to have fun? That is rather foul, miss," he explained and jested with a small smile. Then letting off a small shrug, her stretched his arms out to his sides and let out a small yawn. His gaze remained playful as he looked over at her, curious about the lady. She was a pretty thing, though small, and seemed to be rather strong. She wasn't an ordinary fool even if she had fallen for his little joke, even if it had been careless. His men were usually careful to watch for stow always, so it definitely peaked his interest that she had managed such a feat.

The spiteful attitude she gave off did surprise him as it carried further than her immediate reply, however. Feisty, this one, he thought momentarily before sighing softly and smiling in an understanding manner. He figured he'd act the same way in her situation. "Of course, follow," he urged her in a casual manner, by no means ordering her to do so though he expected her to as he made his way to the upper deck.

Evelyn relaxed a bit as she looked down at the man before her, who still had to shown any sign that he meant her harm. Not to mention the idea that he was handsome, and seemed kpto have good intentions from what hed shown so far. She was hesitant to allow him to take up her hand, but the action of him kissing her knuckles did bring a healthy flush to her cheeks. Very suddenly she hadn't minded the gesture at all. Then she watched him stand curiously, taking a moment to clear her thoughts before thinking to reply. "It wasn't a problem," she replied in a soft voice, wondering what the man was thinking as he stood up straight.

Hearing the explanation from him that he had tout she was drowning affirmed her assumption that he was a good man. If not, he'd have hurt her or wouldnt have bothered chasing after a strange woman in the ocean water. "My apologies for the confusion, I was just observing the ship," she then explained her side of the story, offering up a smal smile to him. He seemed tense, especially with the next words from his mouth. Suddenly she felt a soft tug of guilt, running one of her hands up through her hair as she thought the possible situation over. "Could I be of any assistance?" she asked, hopeful that she could right whatever she'd messed up for him.