Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM

Yosh!

I'm Seito and my partner in crime, Pysrien. And welcome to Cafe Talk... a temp. title until we figure out the story.

Anyways this is a private game of round robin. You are more then welcome to leave your comments, just don't post with the story.

((What is Round Robin? Round Robin is a basic game of continue the story except on a more literate standing point. The storyline is made up as the players go.))

And now we begin! ^-^

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-25-2007, 09:43 PM

Yuki Hoku was your one stop store for everything. It had a cafe in the front of half of the store and drugstore in the back. Everything from school supplies, food, clothes, housing supplies and more could be found in the back. Cafe in the front was known for it's delicious desserts.

Currently Yuki Hoku was a mess and its owner was not happy.

Seika scowled and let out a low growl. Today, like most days, was not a good one. It seems no matter where she set up her shop, someone would come along and make a mess of it.

She glared at the culprits who rapidly trying to help clean up the mess.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-25-2007, 10:02 PM

Or so she wished that they would help clean up the mess. Only one of them was doing work. The other two were lounging about the store, helping themselves to a few boxes of pocky.

Tritckt was in the form of a large, friendly husky. He seemed quite content to clean up the mess Ryft had made by throwing dog food at the strangler customers.

"That is why, dear Seika," Ryft bit down on a pocky stick, "we chose dog food to use."

Seika rolled her eyes. "You chose nothing. You just grabbed the nearest bag and started flinging its contents at everyone." She brandished a broom at him.

Tritckt nudged Seika playfully and wagged his tail. Tess gave Seika a sheepish smile. "Look at it this way: Ryft expended his energy so he won't be doing anything damaging for awhile; Tritckt got fed; and your store is sparkling clean!"

Seika's glare remained, but she stalked off and slammed the door. The battle was won, but the war still remained. And Seika was certainly a formidable opponent.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-25-2007, 10:31 PM

"You know, somehow I'm not surprised to see this store in a state of chaos."

Tess turned around to see Ayame standing in the doorway. "Hey, Ayame," she greeted.

Ayame kicked up a piece of dog food towards Tritckt who gobbled it up hungrily. Tritckt came up to Ayame and nuzzled her leg. Ayame smiled and petted the big lovable husky. "So what happened here?" asked Ayame.

"Nothing happened," said Ryft plainly. He helped himself to another piece of pocky.

"Right... which is why the store is a mess," said Ayame sarcastically. Chances were Ryft did something...again.

"We were being chased by a couple creeps. Ryft ducked into Yuki Hoku and a food fight sorta started here. The customers ran out and the creeps disappeared," explained Tess.

Ayame's eyebrow raised. "And Ryft is still alive? I'm surprised. Normally Seika would have at least thrown him out by now."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 PM

Ryft scratched between Tritckt's ears. "I owe it all to my loyal canine companion."

Tritckt woofed and then changed into his terrier form. Ryft arched an eyebrow. Tritckt was never a terrier. Tritckt was always great, imposing, regal, and somehow loveable around Ryft. Well, Tritckt still retained some form of that as a terrier, but really. One could not be reasonably imposing as a terrier. Transforming into a terrier meant only one thing.

The bell on the door jangled, and there was a man standing where Ayame had been just a moment ago.

"Don't you mean your borrowed loyal canine companion?" Tritckt had bounded over to the man immediately. Gate leaned against the doorway and tossed his head to rebeautify his hair--not that it ever needed rebeautifying. He reached down and gave Tritckt a pat on the head.

Gate wasn't anything extraordinary in appearance. He had chocolate brown hair and chocolate brown eyes and a fairly average skin tone. His individual features weren't striking, but there was something attractive about Gate. If one tried to tie it down to a physical aspect, he would say that there was something about Gate's eyes that just allured. Truth was that it wasn't physical at all. It was all merely charisma. Gate had the natural gift of being able to attract people--influence people.

This was Ryft's idol.

Gate strode into the store and delicately examined a half eaten box of pocky. He selected a stick and bit it. "Hmm, not bad."

"It's pocky, Gate," Tess informed him.

"Pocky? What a strange and wonderful creation. Now might you be the fair lady to whom this store belongs?" He directed the question towards Ayame.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-25-2007, 11:36 PM

Ayame giggled. She had heard much about Gate. Ryft would go on and on about his idol. Of course this was the first time she got to meet him, and frankly Ryft wasn't far from the truth. "No sir. This isn't my store. The store belongs to Seika who should be coming out any moment now with her paper fan," Ayame said with a smile.

No sooner had Ayame finished, Seika appeared with her paper fan. She walked up to Ryft and promptly hit the boy hard with her fan. "Next time," she hissed, "Don't go bring creeps into the store!"

Ryft groaned and nursed his head. He supposed he slightly deserved that hit. But really, did Seika have to hit so hard?

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-25-2007, 11:43 PM

Gate gave Ryft a sympathetic smile. "I am inclined to believe you deserved that."

He waltzed over to Seika and gestured with his half eaten stick of pocky. "This," he stabbed the air with the pocky stick, "is amazing stuff."

"It's just pocky," Seika told him.

"All the same. Pocky. I would like to buy some. Say... six crates full?" He tossed the half eaten pocky stick to Tritckt who snatched in from the air and promptly devoured it.

"SIX CRATES?!"

"Well, I don't go out very often--too busy--and now that I've tasted this wonderful stuff, I think I should fairly die if I were to be without it. So no, best to make it seven crates."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-25-2007, 11:56 PM

Seika blinked. Her mind was reeling in the information. This man -Gate if she heard correctly- wanted to buy seven crates of Pocky?

Each crate came with a hundred boxes of Pocky times by seven crates which meant seven hundred boxes of pocky times by two dollars and ninety nine cent, or just round to three dollars which meant this man was willing to spend at least two thousands, one hundred dollars on pocky. "You realized that will cost you over two thousands dollars right?" Seika asked. If Gate was serious, she would have more then enough to cover the rent for the next five months.

"Actually it's two thousands and ninety three dollars, not including tax," Ayame helpfully included. "Which comes out to two thousand, one hundred ninety seven dollars and sixty five cent, with tax. I think."

Gate looked at Ayame, slightly surprised. The girl had just calculated all of that mentally. "She's pretty much our child prodigy here in these parts," Seika explained. "Are you really serious about buying seven crates full of Pocky?"

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 12:06 AM

"Of course I am." Gate whipped out a very shiny black credit card. "Just charge it to this, and make sure it's delivered by Monday."

Seika gaped at him. Snap out of it! Take the card and charge him before he changes his mind! She shook her head to clear her thoughts. "Okay."

The transaction was made, and Gate signed the receipt. "Well, I'll be taking my leave of you now. Good bye fair ladies and Ryft! Do try to keep him out of trouble Tess! And don't forget to have my pocky delievered by Monday!"

And with that Gate and Tritckt were gone.

"Well, that's Gate for you, eh Ryft?" Tess nudged Ryft in the ribs, only Ryft's ribs were no longer there. She whirled around. Ryft was not there either. "Ryft?"

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 AM

Ryft was dragging out the crates of pocky. "I'll deliver them for you, Seika," he offered.

Seika stared at him. This Gate guy must really have a huge affect on Ryft. Ryft was being nice and offering to deliver the pocky for her? The world must be coming to an end. "And I should trust you with this task because...?" she asked.

"Because I'm Gate and yours friend?" Ryft offered. It was a good excuse to go visit his idol too.

Ayame looked at Tess and Tess looked back at her before both of them started to laugh. "That's not funny you two!" Ryft shouted at them.

"Fine, Ryft you can do deliver them and since you'll be delivering them, you won't mind dropping off a few more orders for me then," Seika more or less demanded.

"Eh? What! But I only offered to deliver the crates of Pocky."

"Well then I'm sure Ita won't mind delivering all the items for me, including the seven crates of pocky," said Seika.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 01:08 AM

"Nonononononononono. Why are you refusing my generous offer, my most lovely and elegant flower of flowers? I want to do you a favour. A favour. Something I do not bestow upon anyone very lightly! However, there are limits--alas, it is the sad truth--to my powers. I can only carry seven crates of pocky, and I can only walk the exact distance to Gate's house..." A magnificent fire lit behind Ryft's eyes.

"AHAH." He slammed his hands on the counter.

Seika raised her eyebrows. Tess shook her head because she knew what was coming. Ayame just stared.

"You don't know where his house is, do you? Gate never gives out his address. And I bet you were too flustered by that shiny credit card of his to remember to ask."

Seika muttered something because truthfully she had forgotten to ask for his address. But admitting that, admitting that to Ryft, would be humiliating beyond humiliating. So she just scratched at a stain on the counter.

"And I'm the only one here who knows where he lives! So I have to be the one to deliver that pocky." Ryft concluded triumphantly.

"What about Tess?" Ayame suggested.

Tess shook her head. "I've been there, but I don't know how to get there. Gate likes his privacy. I'm not quite sure how Ryft found out."

"Because I am his friend. That's how." He smirked smugly. There was some truth in Ryft's statement. The two actually were quite good friends. In fact, Ryft was probably Gate's only truly close friend if you didn't count Tritckt who was man's best friend and all. Gate liked Ryft because Ryft was just likable. The whole hero worship thing was just something Ryft used to approach him. The two were like brothers with Gate being undeniably the older.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 01:23 AM

Seika muttered darkly to herself. It actually wouldn't be that hard to find out Gate's address. One would be surprised to see how fast information can travel. It just requires more hassle and probably a dent to her funds. So she had two choices, let Ryft take the boxes or try and find out Gate's address for herself.

Question was really, how much would her pride be willing to take.

"You know Ryft, you underestimate Seika's skills in finding information," Ayame calmly pointed out. "She figured out who I really was and I'm usually pride myself in covering my tracks."

Tess looked at Ayame. "Who you really are?" she asked.

Ayame smiled. "See now that's for you to find out and me to keep a secret."

Ryft paled slightly at the thought. He liked being the only one who knew where Gate lived.

Seika snorted. "You give me way to much credit, Ayame. You are just as good."

Ayame's smile grew. "Well yes. That's why it's hard to believe you're nothing more then a simple storekeeper now. Anyways you willing to let Ryft take the crates or shall I get on the challenge of trying to figure out where Gate lived?"

Ryft and Tess looked at each other slightly confused. What on earth were they talking about? Simple storekeeper? Who Ayame really was? Huh? And how exactly were they planning to find out Gate's address it was hard enough to find Gate on a daily bases. Ryft thought to himself.

"Let him take them. I'm in no mood to deal with the informations rings tonight," Seika said. She had a store to clean up. Pointing her paper fan at Ryft she continued, "However, screw up my store like this again, I'll make sure you'll be spending your time in the hospital. Understood?"

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 01:47 AM

Ryft gave her a smart salute. "Aye, aye skipper!"

"I shall be back on Friday then, to pick up the pocky. Tess, you will assist me."

"Ryft," Seika said, "Gate asked for the pocky to be delivered on Monday. And today is Friday."

But Ryft was already dragging out the crates of pocky. Tess hopped down from the twirly stool she had been sitting on. "Oh don't worry. He actually knows what he's doing for once. It usually takes at least three days to get to Gate's house normally. If Ryft's to do it with seven crates of pocky, he's going to need my help."

Ayame and Seika blinked. Clearly, Gate was not quite who he seemed to be either.

Ryft now had the pocky somehow loaded onto his beautiful black Ducati. The tower of boxes looked ridiculous and sure to fall off.

Ayame informed him so. "Ryft, the pocky is not going to stay like that. I doubt if you'll even get to Gate's with a stick of pocky."

Tess stuck her head out of the doorway to look at the bike. "Ryft! You idiot." She strode out of the store and unpacked all the pocky. She then opened the seat compartment in the bike and began to put the pocky in. Amazingly, it all seemed to fit with no problem.

Ryft stared at her in amazement.

"You have a subspace pocket in this bike, you idiot. Did you forget that little detail when Gate gave it to you?"

"Umm... Well..."

"Nevermind. Let's go already. Bye Seika! Bye Ayame!"

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 02:09 AM

"A subspace pocket!" Ayame exclaimed after she and Seika watched the two of them drive off. "A subspace pocket! In a bike! I could only get it a small one to fit a bag and my pockets! He got one in a bike!" She was nearly bouncing from excitement and annoyance.

Seika was mildly impressed. It was rare to see something like that. Even in this strange world of weirdness. Judging from Ayame's reaction, she probably couldn't wait to meet Gate again. Ayame would probably go grill the man on his notes of subspace pockets.

"Hey Ayame," Seika said, calmly. The girl managed to paused in her rant just a bit.

"Yeah Seika?"

"I change my mind," Seika started. "Contact the information rings. I want to know who Gate is. I think it would interesting to know what kind of person he is." She walked back inside the store.

Following her in, Ayame grinned and replied, "He'll make a better ally should we ever need to save the world or something."

Seika snorted. "Please Ayame. I left that life a long time ago, you're still running from it. The last thing both of us need is some demon army to go rampage, destroying everything and dragging our past lives back into that chaotic black hole."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 AM

"Well probably be entertaining soon, won't we Tritckt?" Gate scratched the ears of the terrier. The terrier woofed and tried to devour a stray shoe that Gate had left out.

Gate knew that those two weren't normal. They probably thought that he wasn't normal. They were probably right. Normal humans didn't walk around exuding a charisma that would suck in a weak mind like a fly to sticky tape.

That was why Gate lived up here. Normal humans didn't have motorcycles that could ride the clouds. Besides, even if they did, they wouldn't be able to find the place. Gate had made sure that no one could know about the place if he didn't want them to know about it.

Ryft was the only one Gate trusted. There weren't many people that Gate could trust. Most people were simply blinded by his charisma. They didn't genuinely care. But Ryft was one of the most persistent, stubborn headed people that Gate had ever met. The boy would not give up. No matter if Gate was in a terrible mood with an air about him that chased away people in a room's radius. Ryft would still sit by him. Perhaps he wouldn't say much, but the charisma--negative or positive--didn't seem to have an effect on him.

Gate lounged on his big plush suede couch. He might as well take a nap while he waited.

He sat up. He had forgotten something. "Tritckt, go make sure that Ryft doesn't get lost or eaten by anything."

The terrier looked mournfully at the boot, but barked and Gate. It changed into large, wolfish sort of dog and trotted out into the sky.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 03:09 AM

Ryft had the urge to holler. Being high up in the air, flying past the clouds was just awesome. "Hey Tess," he said, "Hold on tight!" Ryft did a flip in the air.

"Ryft!"

Ryft grinned. "Hey I told you to hold on tight." The best part of about flying was that he didn't have to worry about people following him. Gate told him that even if people were able to follow him, no one would be able to get to his house in one piece. That was probably true. Gate had a twisted sense of humor at times. The way to his house was no exception.

Meanwhile, Tess held on tightly to her friend, trying to make sure she didn't fall off. Ryft was so reckless sometimes. The sooner the got to Gate's house the soon she would have her feet on somewhat solid ground again.

Back at Yuki Hoku, another unexpected visitor had just showed up.

Ayame blinked rapidly, vaguely recognizing the person as a friend of Seika. Seika meanwhile groaned. "Oh no, not you. Get out," Seika said quickly.

The girl, frowned. "Really Seika, is that anyway to greet a friend?"

Seika groaned once more. "That's because every time you show up, Hotaru, you bring back news with you!"

Hotaru smiled. "Well speaking of bad news..."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 06:41 AM

"So let me get this straight... There's a demon king on the rampage, threatening to destroy the world unless his desire is fulfilled, correct?"

Hotaru nodded.

"And his desire is to have the most beautiful maiden who has ever walked the earth. However, he cannot have said maiden because she is under the care of some rebel human who lives in the sky, yes?"

Hotaru sipped her tea and nodded again.

"And this concerns me how?"

"It seems that this rebel human ordered seven crates of pocky from your store today."

Seika's mouth hung open. "How do you know this?"

"Simple. Credit cards are wonderful things. However, I'm guessing that he's not coming back to pick up those crates, so you'll just have an extra seven crates of pocky on your hands."

Seika shook her head. "No, I sent some people to deliver it."

Hotaru's eyes flashed. "They can find him?"

"Well, one of them can..."

"Seika--"

"Yes, yes, I know. I will tell Ryft that he missed a box of pocky in his delivery and insist on coming with him."

"Good."

"Sir?"

Gate's eyes remained closed. "Yes, Jonelle?"

"I was wondering..." The girl stared at the carpet, tracing swirly patterns in it with her toes. Long pale blond hair obscured her face. A long, shapeless white robe hung on her shoulders. She was muttering.

Gate strode over to her and tilted her chin up, so that she was looking at him. "How many times have I told you not to mutter?"

Jonelle flinched visibly. "I am sorry, sir."

Gate sighed. Meek as a mouse... Why ever did I take this job?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 07:00 AM

Seika muttered to herself. Whatever happened to living a normal life? Well granted being an ex-shinobi wasn't exactly normal. Nor was having the Angel of Life and Death be sitting in your cafe either. Actually when Seika thought about it, none of her friends seem to be normal. Ayame certainly was. The girl acted like she normal, but to the carefully trained eye, she wasn't. Ita was no better being a former shinobi himself.

Seika dug through the boxes of information. She knew she had Ryft's cellphone number somewhere. Ah here it is.

Seika dialed the number.

-Ring, Ring-

"Hey Tess, can you get that?" asked Ryft. It wasn't exactly the safest thing to be answering ones cellphone three thousand feet in the sky.

Tess flipped open the cellphone. "Hello?"

Seika's voice came crackling through the phone. "Tess? Hey you guys forgot one crate of pocky back here."

Tess swore softly. They did? "Okay, that's fine. We'll come back." She closed the cellphone. "Hey Ryft, we have to turn back. Seika says we forgot a crate."

Ryft groaned. "Damn. Fine. Let's go."

Seika hung up the phone. In event, that they discovered that they weren't missing a box, she would have come up with another reason.

As if reading her thoughts, Ayame supplied a good one. "How about you felt like giving him another? Or a crate full of a different flavor?"

"That works. A crate full of a different flavor. Or just send a sampler box. One of each flavor," Seika replied. She looked at Hotaru. "I don't suppose I could get a tracking spell from you? Since there is a high chance they wouldn't let me come with them?"

Hotaru smirked. "In order to find him? You can have several. And what will happen if he has some magic that might cancel it out?"

"I would be surprised that someone could cancel out your magic. I put in a electronic one too. If by some reason both cancel out then at least you'll have a general area you'll be able to search verses the whole sky," explained Seika.

Hotaru smiled. She knew coming to Seika was an excellent choice. "Good. Now we wait."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 07:39 PM

"No, no, Jonelle. Stop staring at the floor. Don't slump your shoulders. Brush your hair our of your face."

"Yes, sir." She stood properly and tucked the rebellious locks behind her ears. She no longer looked at the floor, but she instead stared at a potted plant behind Gate.

"Look me in the eye. Come now, I don't bite."

A faint smile teased at Jonelle's lips. She looked at him.

Her eyes were a remarkable colour. They were an arresting pale grey--uncommonly striking like the rest of her features. Jonelle was so different from Gate. While Gate appeared ordinary, he was terribly charismatic. Whereas, Jonelle was uncannily beautiful yet hopelessly forgettable.

With her eyes, she has an amazing amount of potential. If only Gate could train her to gain charisma and confidence, she could become more influential--and yes, manipulative, that was the point after all--than Gate.

Jonelle started to feel uncomfortable under his gaze; she was inwardly squirming--he could tell. She blinked and ducked her head down. Several locks of hair fell over her face.

Gate sighed. She was looking at the floor again. Damn.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM

Within an hour Ryft and Tess came rushing back into Yuki Hoku. Ayame waved to them. Hotaru had left not wanting to draw attention to herself. "I can't believe we miss a box," groaned Ryft. That had wasted two hours of their day.

"Well there was one crate left here after you guys left. I assume you didn't see the seventh crate or you managed to take out eight crates and not seven," said Seika. "In the event you do have eight return one back to me. Unless you want to unload your bike and see if you have seven."

Ryft shook his head. "Nah, we're wasting more time. If we have eight, we have eight. I'll bring one back."

Seika nodded. She haded the eighth crate with the hidden trackers to Ryft. "I also have this sampler box I want you to take to Gate. He only ordered one flavor, I was wondering if he would be interested in the other ones. After all chocolate does get boring after awhile and something like strawberry or green tea might taste good at the moment."

Tess giggled. "Always the business woman aren't you?"

Seika smiled. "Well your friend ordered seven crates of pocky. Who wouldn't want him to come back?"

"Okay no time to waste! Let's go!!" said Ryft. He was out the door alright.

As they zoomed off for the second time in the day, Ayame looked at Seika. "So you think this will work?" she asked.

Seika groaned. "Knowing my luck? No."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 09:23 PM

Halfway up the cloud road, the bike began to sputter green smoke.

"Is that supposed to happen, Ryft?"

"Of course not." He stopped the bike and hopped off. "This didn't happen before."

Suddenly, something large and fluffy collided with Ryft's stomach.

"Woof!" Tritckt licked Ryft's face happily.

"Hello Tritckt." Tess patted the dog amiably.

"Off please." For once Tritckt complied with Ryft's command. In this form, Tritckt was nearly as big as the bike. He nosed the subspace pocket opening and looked at Tess.

Tess understood and opened the pocket. Of course, she didn't understand what exactly Tritckt wanted to do with whatever was in the pocket. She just understood that this was Gate's dog and that this was Gate's bike. And Gate had a few too many secrets that would make one's head spontaneously combust if one tried to understand them.

Tritckt jumped into the subspace pocket--something that was quite astounding to watch as Tritckt seemed to be too large to fit through the opening. A few moments later, he resurfaced with the last crate of pocky that Seika had given them.

He woofed to Tess and Ryft. They opened up the crate and took out the pocky. At the bottom of the box they found a tiny metal device with a flashing light on it. But they both knew what it was.

"A tracker."

Tritckt gestured to it with his nose and then pawed at his collar. Ryft thought Tritckt was simply itchy. Tess, however, understood and affixed the device to Tritckt's collar.

Ryft ran a hand through his hair, and that's when he noticed the pocky was mysteriously gone.

Chomp chomp chomp.

"Tritckt! Don't eat that! Seika will kill me!"

Tess stuck out her leg to trip Ryft. "Don't you understand? There's some sort of tracker in the pocky itself. That entire last crate was some sort of tracker. That's why Seika wanted us to come back."

Ryft's eyes narrowed as realization dawned upon him. "Seika isn't just an ordinary shop keeper, is she?"

Tritckt had woofed. He had finished the pocky. He ambled over and nuzzled Ryft. Then he turned heel and trotted off on the cloud road, taking the trackers with him.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 PM

Back at Yuki Hoku, Seika watched the tv screen carefully. "They found the electronic tracker," said Seika.

Ayame let out a sigh. "Well have they found the magic one Hotaru weaved?"

Seika looked at the screen again. "No. I think they're not even close to Gate's house yet. If we're lucky the magic one will last for a longer bit of time."

"Hey Seika, what are we suppose to do after we find Gate's house?"

Seika drowned down another cup of tea. "We wait for Hotaru of course. But chances are, she's going to send us to 'test' Gate's defenses. If he can last against our attacks, then he should be able to fend of the demon king for awhile."

Ayame opened up her computer. "Well if that's the case, then I better get prepared."

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM

"That's all for today, Jonelle."

Jonelle scurried away, hurrying to the highest room in the tallest tower--her room. She liked it there. Gate never invaded that space. It was her sanctuary.

She didn't hate Gate. He made her uncomfortable. She didn't know what to do with him. There was always that Great Awkward Space. No matter what she did, she couldn't get rid of it. Normally, she would just force herself to smile and laugh a bit, and all deep matters would be forgotten--the awkwardness dispelled or at least put off for awhile. However, it didn't work with Gate.

The laugh, Gate had told her, was a wonderful deflection, but it wouldn't work on everyone. Most of the time, it would simply alert those more adept that she was keeping a secret or of her weakness.

Jonelle wished that she were ordinary. She wished she didn't have that accursed potential that Gate told her about. She wished she didn't have to face the Gread Awkward Space.

But there was also a very small, strangled part of her that longed for it. She would love to crow over everyone, be able to talk her way into whatever she wished. She would love to stride down the staircase and catch a handsome prince's eye. Oh, how she would love to control them all!

That was her greatest desire--to be remembered. Gate had sensed this, which is why he decided to take her on. Now he was regretting it. Oh, she would be turned someday, but it was taking so bloody long.

"They should have gotten here by now."

Gate locked the front door and whistled. A great dragon coiled itself out of the clouds. The large yellow eyes blinked--taunting, resentful, playful.

And the staring game began.

The great golden eyes met with the deceptively ordinary brown ones. There was such a force in the air that even the clouds seemed to make way. It was not just a staring contest--it was a battle of charisma.

This had happened before, several times in fact. Needless to say, Gate had won every time.

This time was no different.

The dragon's eyes closed briefly, as if accepting defeat. Gate then mounted the dragon. "Hurry, we've idiots to rescue."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-26-2007, 10:50 PM

"It looks like someone just died in here."

Seika and Ayame looked up. Today was a day for visiting, it seems. "Hey, Ita," Ayame greeted. Seika didn't say a word, she didn't need to. Ita knew her too well.

Ita was Seika's boyfriend. A head taller then Seika with impressive red eyes, Ita was the only person who could get Seika to relax, smile and have fun for an entire day. Ayame knew though that between Seika and Ita, Ita was also the more dangerous one.

"So what's happening that my white butterfly is sulking," asked Ita giving Seika peck on the cheek.

Seika scowled slightly. "I am not sulking," she denied.

Ayame grinned. Seika and her denial. "Hotaru came, that's what happened," said Seika.

Ita tensed before sighing. "Well that's just great. I suppose I should be expecting fireworks here?"

Ayame nodded. "Yup and I already took the liberty of upgrading your guys defenses around here."

Ita had a more serious look in his eyes. "Good we're going to need it."

Up in the sky, Ryft and Tess had ran into some trouble. Well some wasn't the correct word, plenty of trouble fit much better.

"Ryft! What are these things?" Tess shouted as Ryft dodged another lightning bolt. Next to her, Tritckt growled and deflected another lightning bolt that came flying towards Tess.

"They're Cloud Demons. They can control thunder and lightning. Rain too if I remember right. They don't like people trespassing in their domain," said Ryft. What a prefect time for their bike to break down.

In the distant a dragon roared.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 AM

"Shit."

The cloud demons had scattered when they heard the dragon's roar. However, there was now a much more imminent problem for Ryft.

Currently, he was clinging to the snout of the great dragon; his toes were just brushing the dragon's gums. Those great eyes stared at him, unblinkingly. Somehow, being cross eyed didn't seem to diminish their impressiveness an iota.

If Ryft wasn't so frantic, he would have noticed the glimmer of amusement in the dragon's eyes. The dragon exhaled a puff of smoke through its nostrils, fairly blinding Ryft. He coughed, but clung on grimly. The dragon shook its head, trying to get Ryft to slip off. Ryft growled. An idea suddenly occured to him. He grabbed the dragon's nostrils and used them as grips.

This, of course, infuriated the dragon. The dragon began to plunge its head up and down, as if to toss Ryft in the air and snap him up--much like a dog tossing and catching a treat on its nose.

And quite suddenly, he found himself slung over the shoulder of Gate who was standing on the dragon's snout. "You are an idiot."

He walked over the dragon's forehead and deposited Ryft on the dragon's back. The dragon seemed rather peeved about this but only wrinkled its brow. He offered a hand to help Tess mount.

"Hey Tess! Want a ride?"

"Gate? What are you--?"

"I figured something was wrong. That bike shouldn't have taken more than forty hours to bring you to me on the slowest setting, and I know Ryft drives too fast for his own good."

"Oh."

Gate paused and a serious expression clouded his face. "And Tritckt never came back..."

The Great Awkward Space then descended upon the trio. Neither Ryft nor Tess had any idea what to say. It was as if Gate had pushed everything away from him. There was nothing easy about Gate now. He was no longer agreeable. He would not respond to any simple word.

It was Gate who broke the silence. "Well, we better get going."