Zye
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Zye Send a message via MSN to Zye

Old 05-17-2007, 11:43 PM

Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Random characters and any thing else...
3. Drabble List

Introduction

I’ve decided since it is summer for me, even though I working I’m not going to be lazy this summer. I am going to write drabbles to work on my writing. Most people do these for character development, but I’m not. I am going to do something a bit more radical. There are going to be no real characters in this. I’m drawing from the Wild Form of poetry which eliminates the writer from the reading of the poem and is completely up to the reader to interpret the meaning. I’m pretty sure that this is going to be prose though. These stories are mostly going to be nostalgic from the time period of my last year of high school to the present (done with 1st year of college).

Note: Please give constructive criticism as opposed to flames.

Zye
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2007, 11:44 PM

2. Random characters and anything else...

This is reserved for anyone wanting to know about characters that appear or questions that people may have or other random things.

Zye
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 PM

3.Drabbles:

This list is original... I was sitting on my bed and made it up thinking of everyday things and feelings. If there is something on here twice please let me know.

1. Suitcase- Done 5/17/07
2. Clearance Sale- Done 5/31/07
3. Alarm Clock- Done 06/09/07
4. Picnic
5. Tree Branch
6. Smoothie
7. Backpack
8. Cookies
9. Socks
10. Dictionary
11. Fizz
12. Poster
13. Bank Statement
14. Planner
15. Note Cards
16. Dry Erase Markers
17. Window
18. Pop
19. MP3 Player
20. Video Games
21. Comforter
22. Printer
23. Stained Glass
24. Squirrel
25. IQ
26. Pillow
27. Plastic Bag
28. Journal
29. Hanger
30. Pizza
31. Car
32. Laundry
33. Highlighters
34. Guitar
35. Breeze
36. Hookah
37. Power Strip
38. Cards
39. DVD
40. Book
41. Jacket
42. Water
43. Thrift Store
44. Popcorn
45. Tea
46. Medicine
47. Dirty Dishes
48. Calendar
49. Chair
50. Curling Iron
51. Massage
52. Mail
53. Sheets
54. Rain
55. Field
56. Party
57. Alcohol
58. Rainbow
59. Fridge
60. Curtains
61. Flip-flops
62. Pencils
63. Notebook
64. Pajamas
65. Kleenex
66. Computer
67. Shopping
68. Money
69. Yoga Mat
70. Stamp
71. Bulletin Board
72. Recycling
73. Lounge
74. Library
75. Cinema
76. Home
77. Christmas Lights
78. Spare Change
79. Tuition
80. Work
81. Summer
82. Fall
83. Winter
84. Spring
85. Hail
86. Concert
87. Friend
88. Lover
89. Apology
90. Kindness
91. Greed
92. Joy
93. Love
94. Fear
95. Desperate
96. Deprived
97. Comfort
98. Annoyance
99. Sadness
100. Survival

Zye
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2007, 12:22 AM

# 1 Suitcase

Looking around, seeing my room a mess. College has torn up my room, and I’m not even there yet. Empty hangers sprawled across the bed. Stacks of clothes that will be accompanying me on the next big step in life. Outfits spread around as I pull out my lone suitcase. It now looks ridiculously small compared to what I plan to put in it. “I’m not a material person, I swear!” I repeat over and over again. “Being gone for months justifies this, right?” Zip, zip, zip I pull the zipper around opening the valise. “This is not going to work,” Zip, zip, zip I open zipper that will give the suitcase more volume. “Should I take two suitcases?”

Glance at the neat piles of clothes and pick up the pile, putting the top garment under my chin, so the tower will not spill. I gently place the pile into the suitcase and shove it into the corner. Repeat, repeat. Comparing the piles in the suitcase to the piles still on the floor, it is clear that the attempt for a single suitcase is in vain. Too many piles, too many clothes. Grab small items and shove them in the available space. Putting the top flap down, I sit on the suitcase. Zip, zip… “Stupid shirt in the way!” …Zip!

The war with the suitcase ends… I win, but loose at the same time. Grab one of my mom’s 1970’s green suitcases… “God, how I don’t want to be seen with this thing!” Frustrated, I destroy the piles of meticulously stacked clothes and shove them in the suitcase with reckless abandon. The second suitcase closes, my mom laughs at me.

From underneath my dorm room’s bed, the suitcase is violently pulled out. Dust is everywhere. The second war will begin…

Zye
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-18-2007, 12:36 AM

Yeah, so that's an example of Wild Form. Yes, I know there are some fragments in it and it sounds odd, but I hope that you enjoy. Feel free to comment, compliment, criticize, or etc. The thread is open :D

Zye
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2007, 07:29 PM

#2 Clearance Sale

Going to a small college, returning to the city, once about every two months. No shopping malls, no large department store, nothing in the town in the middle of nowhere. Home sweet home in the city. At least during breaks. Working on campus with paychecks and nothing to buy in town. It’s sad. Going home and being able to shop… priceless. Going to stores and browsing the clearance sales. Looking for clothes that people would never care that they are out of fashion. Cheap, cheap clothes! Buying last seasons’ things that are mixed into a large wardrobe. Searching through shifts, skirts, pants, underwear, and anything that could be of use in a dorm. Anger seethes when there is very little that seems worth buying. Waiting until the end of the break and trying to find different things on the clearance rack. Good news, clothes! Being able to wait longer to laundry in a stressful environment… priceless. Finding all these things that seemed rather important at the time, but go into little use after buying. Donating those things to thrift shops, so others can enjoy what was not enjoyed. Discovering that all winter clothes at Kohl’s going on sale in early January… priceless.

~~~~~~
Sorry, this one took me a long time to write and I'm still not happy with it.

Zye
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-09-2007, 05:47 PM

#3 Alarm Clock

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!! Oh God, just shut up! BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! SLAM! Ah the relief of the snooze button. Too bad it lasts for too short of an amount of time. How can people be up at eight in the morning anyway? This is agony. Why must it continue day after day? Roll over, away from the dreaded sound of the alarm clock hoping that ignoring it will make it go away. A journey into the world of dreams is exactly what’s needed to make up for the excruciating noises that the clock made. ..

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! What the hell? Oh that’s right; there is class in less than an hour. Fifty-five minutes to be exact. Why do morning classes exist? Why are they in my schedule? Not being a morning person, grumbling and complaining begins each morning in a similar manner. As well as a trip to the bathroom… in pajamas and with a bed head, feet dragging the whole way down the hall.

After several days of grumpiness and the annoyance of the alarm clock, sunlight seeps into the room. “What time is it?” groaning gently. “Did I miss my first class?” Stretching and rolling over to face the clock, its digital face reads 7:45, fifteen minutes before the alarm is set to go off. “What the hell..?” This is annoying. Is the sound of the alarm so terrible that my body is actually waking up before it goes off? Is this a coincidence? The next day it was discovered that was indeed not a fluke.