GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-28-2011, 04:07 AM

A/N: This is for me and HHHNNNGGG, meaning we are the only ones who may post. You may feel free to read along.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Today was a Monday at eight thirty in the morning and already Damien Sinclair had after-school detention for smoking on school grounds, like he did every morning. The only difference was that some goody-goody had snitched to the administrators of St. Mary's Preparatory Academy, a school Damien's parents had thought would straighten him out after he'd gotten arrested last summer for driving under the influence of alcohol when he was only seventeen. Eighteen year-old Damien would be serving today's detention under Sister Mary-Katherine, the A.P. Chemistry teacher. She was known for being tough on detention-goers. Damien had run into her several times, but had never had detention with her. His blue eyes flicked around as he thought about what she would make him do. 'Maybe I'll have to organize the chemicals...' He thought with a slight smile on his face. "What are you smiling for Mr. Sinclair? Do you think the Salem Witch Trials were funny?" His U.S. History teacher, Sister Angela, asked with a rather peeved look on her face. Damien cleared his throat and shook his head, "No, Sister Angela, I do not." Snickers from other students caused Damien to slink down in his seat and trace circles on his desk.

Damien could handle getting in trouble, but he couldn't handle adding anymore detention sentences. This being the reason for his backing down so easily. Normally he would have told the nun off, but today he would be as good as possible. A stinging sensation under his right leather wrist band caused him to scratch at where he'd cut himself late last night. That was something no one knew about Damien; he cut himself on a regular basis. Damien was far from suicidal, but he did enjoy how a sleek razor blade felt digging into his skin and the way blood was so warm after freshly leaving the body. It was just one of his small quirks. So early in the day and Damien could already tell he wasn't going to enjoy it any more than he was at this particular moment... and he was hating it right now. "Oh boy is this going to be a swell day or what?" He muttered under his breath, which earned him a glare from the nun who turned her back to write something on the chalkboard and gave Damien a chance to quickly flip her off while she wasn't looking.

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 AM

As she finished off the toast her mother had left her on the table, Rosalinde Beck put her plate in the sink and grabbed her squeaky clean solid white tote bag. She was very late to school today and her phone was vibrating angrily at her nonstop because of it. On her way out the door, she pulled out her brand new android and checked some of the texts she was getting. "Where r u!?" "Missing you in 1st period!" "Did you do last night's homework in Sister Swan's class?" "Hurry up and get to school!" She giggled quietly to herself and realized that ever since she'd enrolled in St. Mary's Preparatory Academy, she'd been quite the popular young lady. She turned off her phone and stuffed it into the bottom of her bag, determined to live without it.

Walking through the doors to the front office, she was greeted by warm smiles from the nuns behind the desk. "Rosalinde, you silly girl. Is your clock broken or something?" One of them teased. Rose simply smiled. "No, sister." She blushed. A voice from across the hall sounded and made her jump slightly. "Well, we aren't going to give you special treatment again." She turned around to see the oldest of the nuns- Sister Gertrude. "Detention after school." Rosalinde's eyes went wide and she stifled a gasp. "B-But..." The nuns from before frowned to her and simply shrugged. "She's right. This is the third time this month." Rosalinde blinked. "Yes, and unfortunately Sister Mary-Katherine is watching over you today." Rosalinde was dumbstruck. Yes, she knew she was a bit vain for thinking so, but was she not above detention?

After they handed her a yellow slip, the bell for lunch rang. She sighed in relief and stuffed the piece of paper in her skirt pocket. Finding her way to the cafeteria, she grabbed a small tray of food and found her usual crowd of friends. The table they sat at was strictly off-limits to those who weren't popular and the ones that tried hard to fit in with them were shot down brutally and made fun of. Rosalinde didn't particularly like this fact, but it was one that everyone else had nothing wrong with, so she didn't say anything. "Really, though!" One of the jocks exclaimed. "Just look at him! Such a freak, right!?" He, of course, was referring to Danny Churchmen- the all-black wearing goth who wrote horrible poetry. "He's not that bad, Josh." Rosalinde smiled. Simultaneously, every head turned to her. "What? He's not. I like his style and he's not afraid to write what he wants." She nodded and stood up, walking over to him. She could hear her friends murmuring about her from behind as she got closer to the misfit. She sat down with her tray of food next to him and held out her hand. "Rose Beck. I've read some of your writing in class. Great stuff, fella." Danny looked at her, then paused and looked back at his food as if she wasn't there. Rosalinde blushed. "Hello?"

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:08 AM

Damien had fallen asleep in his two other classes before lunch and was awoken by a wooden ruler being slammed on his desk, causing him to jump and look at the nun with a drowsy countenance. "Mr. Sinclair, I do not appreciate you sleeping in my class. You will be serving detention tomorrow as well." She said, handing him a pink slip of paper. Damien grumbled under his breath before he picked up his black, button-covered backpack and headed into the lunchroom. He took his own lunch to school and usually only picked at it. Damien headed straight for the table where Danny Churchmen sat, since he sat there pretty much every day he bothered to show up to school. Danny simply looked up at him and gave him a small nod.

There were people in the lunchroom who were looking at him and whispering amongst themselves. "Did you hear? Damien finally got caught this morning."-"Yeah, but look at how long it took for someone to snitch."-"I heard he's going to kill whoever did tell on him."-"I thought he got in trouble for sexually harassing Sister Josephine?"-"No, he was smoking this morning... like always."-"Just cigarettes? Or was it pot?"-"I dunno. Whatever he usually smokes. I don't know. Why don't you go ask him?"-"No way! What if he gets mad?" That was one of the conversations that Damien could hear. His eyes flicked to Rosalinde and he smirked. "Lost, princess? Your table's over there." He sneered, jeering his head to her table where all the 'popular' people sat and looked down upon the rest of the school's population.

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 07-28-2011, 05:45 AM

Rosalinde was almost tempted to wave a hand in front of Danny's face when the notorious Damien spoke up. She blinked and turned to him, scrunching her nose and crossing her arms. "No? Its a free country. I can sit where ever I want. I don't see your name on the table." She huffed rather daringly. After taking a moment to think over what she had just said and to whom she had said it to, she immediately regretted it. The lunch room grew silent and she felt a million eyes on the table. Blushing and uncrossing her arms, she shook her head quickly and tried to rewind. There was no way in hell she wanted someone like Damien to be mad at her. "I-I mean yes... I'm gonna just go... S-Sorry."

As she stood up and grabbed her tray of food, the gossiping began. Instantly, Rosalinde was now known as "The girl who stood up to him". By 7th period, everyone was avoiding her- afraid to get on her "bad side". When the last bell rang, she felt her phone vibrate and she looked down to see a rather disturbing text message. "OMG! Is it true!?" - "What??" - "R u seriously fighting THE Damien Sinclair after school!?" - "NO! Who told you!?" - "The whole school is talking about it!" Rosalinde felt the beating of her heart amplified by ten and she swallowed hard. There's no way he'd have heard of it this fast? The school's gossip train is fast, but its not that fast, right? He'd know its a simple misunderstanding!... She thought, grabbing her bag and stalling at the door. She needed a way to get out of detention, and she needed one now.

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Damien had been about to respond to the princess' little snap when she had that dawn of realization and skittered back to her usual table. He now had a bit more respect for her, but that didn't excuse the fact that she had spoken to him like that. NO ONE spoke to Damien Sinclair like that, regardless of whom they were. Damien mused over the entire episode during lunch and through the rest of the school day. By the time seventh block rolled around, a delicious rumor that Rosalinde and Damien were going to be battling it out after school had spread.

Damien couldn't help but mentally chuckle at the thought of him and Princess fighting. It wouldn't happen as a full-out fist fight, but an exchanging of words could possibly happen. All the different scenarios played in Damien's head as he took his own sweet time going to Sister Mary-Katherine's room for his after-school detention. Roughly, Damien set his bag down on the floor and sat his own butt in the seat. So far he was the only one there, but he assumed there must be another since the strict nun hadn't put him straight to work. When he was about to inquire about the subject, there was a knock at the already opened door.

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 07-28-2011, 06:19 AM

Rosalinde mulled over how much trouble she'd get in if she skipped detention and nodded to herself as she walked out of the classroom. Her phone was finally being quiet for once and she was thankful. As she neared the exit of the building, a familiar stern voice called her name. "Rose? Is that you?" It was Sister Gertrude. Rosalinde slowly turned around and forced a smile. "You called?" The nun frowned and walked over, grabbing Rosalinde's arm and walking her down the hall. "You weren't planning on 'forgetting' you had detention today, were you?" She blushed and shook her head. "N-No, ma'am. Not me." Sister Gertrude's wrinkle lips curled into that of a smile and she let go of Rosalinde's arm. "Very well. Have a nice day, god bless." Rose nodded, still blushing.

Figuring out that there was no getting past it, she moped down to Sister Mary-Katherine's room and knocked on the already-open door. She had no clue what she was supposed to do. It was her first time ever being in trouble and she didn't want to piss anybody off. When she saw Damien, her face was flushed of any and all color. After the nun nodded at her, she very quickly and very quietly took a seat at the very front, making sure to be as far away from him as possible.

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:33 AM

"Oooh, Princess has detention...." Damien mocked before earning a very stern look from Sister Mary-Katherine. "Sorry, Sister." The phrase had become a force of habit that he always rolled his eyes with. The nun sighed and shook her head. "I want you two to clean this room from top to bottom. If there is even one speck of dirt or dust, I will bring you back everyday until it's spotless. I'll be back in one hour. Get to work." The nun said, slamming the door after shooting each of them a glare.

Immediately, Damien locked the door and closed all of the blinds. He roughly pulled Rosalinde up by her underarm and shoved her against the table, leaning over her so his hands were rested on the table behind her and he was very close to her. "Listen here, Princess, I don't like how you talked to me earlier. I'm letting you off this time, but if it ever happens again you will regret it. No one talks to me like that, ever, so I will most certainly not be taking that shit from you." He threatened, meaning every single word he said, knowing he smelt strongly of cigarettes. He still had not moved. "You got that?"

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Knowing what she was supposed to do, and knowing what she was going to do were two very different things to her in this stage of her life. Rosalinde nodded quickly and silently at the nun as she left and while she recieved a very stern glare before the door was shut, Rosalinde realized she would much prefer the company of a thousand Sister Mary-Katherine's before the company of one Damien. As soon as the click of the lock sounded, Rosalinde's face was as white as a sheet. She'd shut her eyes very tightly as the pounding steps of Damien sounded in her direction. This is it... she thought, waiting for the instant falcon-punch to the face. Feeling his rough grip pull on her and slam her against the table, she swallowed hard and opened her eyes, realizing how close he was.

He reeked of smoke from cigarettes and Rosalinde had to hold her breath to prevent a cough. For some reason, she wasn't so scared anymore. Before walking into the room and knowing she'd be alone with him, if you asked her, she'd expected to be knocked out by now. However, being spat a few hollow threats and being forced to hold moderately uncomfortable position was disappointing her for some reason. She let out her held breath slowly as he didn't move. "That's it?" She asked quietly, not looking directly at him. She squirmed a bit beneath him, testing how tight his grip was- and it was tight. She coughed to the side and looked up at him with a squeamish glance. "And stop smoking. Its not cool anymore. I seriously want to puke in your face. Along with the fact that its bad for your lungs." She squirmed some more. "Also, if you smoke next to babies, they're affected by second-hand smoke." She raised her eyebrows. "And that's almost as bad as smoking for real. You don't want babies to smoke, do you, Damien?" She thought a moment and smiled. "Have you ever held a baby? I have a baby cousin and he's the cutest darned thing in the world!" She giggled, continuing to drone on and on. Now that she wasn't afraid of him, she felt like they were friends.

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-28-2011, 07:24 AM

While the fact that Rosalinde wasn't scared was admirable, it pissed Damien off to a high level and caused him to push her so she was flat against the table and he had one of his large hands tightly around her throat. "Don't take my threats so lightly, Miss Beck. I never say something I don't mean." He said, pressing his lips against her ear before he let go of her throat and backed away. "And I'll smoke if I fucking want to. Besides, I hate babies. All they do is take all of your money and shit before they completely ruin your life." Damien really didn't like being told what to do nor did he care about babies or little kids.

"And this is not a slumber party or whatever it is you girls do. I'm not your friend, nor do I want to be." Damien growled before going to start cleaning before Sister Mary-Katherine came back. He mostly did what he wanted to do, but when he didn't need extra problems he was pretty decent at listening to direction. Plus, Damien actually liked cleaning. You wouldn't imagine it in a million years, but Damien's room was about as clean as one could get without being put in one of those chambers with only the most purified air. As soon as he started cleaning, Damien had chosen to just ignore Rosalinde because he didn't like her anyway.

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Letting out a deep breath as Damien backed off, she lightly touched her neck and watched him silently for a while. He made no sense to her, really. She wanted to know what made him so angry all the time, yet she didn't want to make him even more pissy at her by asking stupid questions. Realizing that he was actually going to clean instead of making her do all the work, Rosalinde smiled again and let herself be the big ball of energy she knew she was. She grabbed a towel and some furniture cleaner and started scrubbing the desks. "Uhm... So Damien, did you know that I used to tap dance when I was younger?" She smiled while gently rubbing circles in the wooden desks. She waited for a response from Damien, but saw nothing. Apparently, he was ignoring her now.

Shrugging it off, Rosalinde decided that he could ignore her, she'd just talk anyways. "Y'know, if you weren't so rude all the time, you might actually have potential to be liked." She grinned. "Lots of girls at this school are into the whole bad-boy thing you have going on. Only problem with you is, you take it way too far. You're overbearing and a real trouble-maker." She sighed, not really looking at him anymore. She moved on to the chalk board and started to erase some of the useless scribbles. "Danny seems like a nice kid... I can't really see myself personally being chummy with the boy, but there's something there. I just kinda like something about him." She smiled and coughed at a cloud of chalky-dust that had slowly began to envelope her personal space.

As Damien continued to stay silent, Rosalinde was starting to get the feeling that she was annoying. She sighed quietly to herself and kept her mouth shut from then on. After she had cleaned her half of the room, she glanced over to Damien's side. It actually looked decent for what she had expected from him. She raised her eyebrows at the job well done and then heard the door open. Seeing that it was a perfectly-timed Sister Mary-Katherine, Rosalinde let out a relief-filled sigh and grabbed her bag, ready to leave.

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 AM

It took all Damien had to just keep cleaning and ignore Rosalinde. The girl was rather annoying and really ground on Damien's nerves so it was nothing short of relief when she had just stopped talking. Damien had become so engrossed in cleaning his half of the room that he barely heard when Sister Mary-Katherine came in, after having to unlock the door. She immediately glared at Damien and cleared her throat. "Why was this door locked?" She asked, trying to stare a hole through Damien. Damien put on a shocked expression. "Aw, shucks! We wanted to surprise you by actually cleaning, see? But I guess it's all ruined now." He lied in a rather believable voice and if he had been anyone else, she would have believed him. "Don't let it happen again, Mr. Sinclair." She warned, shooting him a different glare. Damien nodded with a grunt before he picked up his bag. Sister Mary-Katherine sat at her desk and looked at the two. "You may go. I will see you tomorrow, Mr. Sinclair. Do not be late." She said, catching him before he could walk out and ignore her. "Yes, Sister." Damien responded before he was out of the classroom.

Once he was outside, Damien pulled out his pack of cigarettes and stuck one in his mouth. He put the rest of the pack back before he pulled out a rather expensive lighter and lit up his cigarette and took a puff. He exhaled the smoke through his nose and continued to walk down the sidewalk. Damien didn't have his own car and his parents both took theirs to work with them so he walked most of the places he went, unless he could bum a ride from someone. Walking suited him just fine because it gave him time to think. "Thank, God! I don't have to deal with that anymore." He muttered as he neared the stop sign at the corner where he usually crossed. Unfortunately, it was now busy because Damien had detention and was delayed in setting out for home.

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 07-31-2011, 06:18 AM

Rosalinde watched as Damien seemed to rush out of the room. She took a moment to nod a simple good bye to Sister Mary-Katherine, then followed in his lead, turning in the opposite direction that he took. Tomorrow's detention would be a place for her to avoid. On her walk home, she went over what had happened in detention. While she was confused, she did know that she was nothing but nice when he wasn't abusing her- which made her a little mad. Who did he think he was, anyways? Rosalinde rolled her eyes. He thinks he's Damien Sinclair. Folding her arms in a huffy fit, she began to walk faster. Suddenly feeling a vibration in her bag, she pulled out her phone and looked at the text. It was from one of the jocks asking if she was okay. Eyebrows furrowed, she replied almost instantaneously. Within the five minutes of her text, she received about twenty more. She could tell her phone was going to die soon, so without talking to anyone else, she put away her phone for good and continued her walk in silence. When she got home, there was no dinner waiting for her and no daddy to welcome her home. Rosalinde's mom was probably still at work and her dad was in the Keys with his new girlfriend. She sighed and moped up to her room. She threw her bag at her bed side and plopped down onto the expensive pink-covered mattress. Without realizing it, Rosalinde fell asleep.

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 07-31-2011, 06:33 AM

Damien stood around the block from his house for a good fifteen minutes before he stomped out his cigarette and headed home. "Hey, honey, how was-" Damien quickly cut his mother off. "Don't talk to me. I'll be down for dinner. Homework." It was the same answer he gave every single time. Damien's mother was a good mother, and house wife. She stayed home most days and cleaned with the occasional trip to the grocery store or whatever else there was. She had long red hair with green eyes, and for a mom she looked pretty hot. Damien just had issues with the fact that she cared too much. His father, on the other hand, was almost never home because he worked late at the office. Damien wished this was a lie to cover up an affair, but it was actually the truth. Damien's father was one of the biggest attorneys in San Francisco and rarely came home before two in the morning. Damien's father had dusty brown hair and the same dark eyes as Damien, but he looked incredibly old for only being thirty-nine. Damien threw his bag down on his bed and immediately headed for his computer while putting his earbuds in his ear and turning the volume up as loud as he could. He didn't do his homework or check facebook or play computer games, but instead logged on to his instant messenger. Instantaneously, three messages popped up from the same person asking if he'd really fought a girl. Damien sighed and replied, 'No, I just had a few words with her. A warning so she would possibly get the hint that I'm not to be in fisticuffs with.' After that he logged off and stared at his ceiling until it was time for him to go downstairs to eat dinner.

HHHNNNGGG
LOLWUT

Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 AM

Tap... Tap tap... Rattap... Rosalinde woke up in a light sweat and looked around. Tap... Somebody was throwing rocks at her window. She rubbed her eyes and moved the curtains to see who it was. When she saw Josh and Becca, she rolled her eyes. 'They probably want to go to some party...' she thought, opening the window and whispering loudly out to them. "What are you guys doing?" Josh was in his football jacket and jeans and Becca was sporting a flirtatiously short dress underneath a long-sleeved sweater. "We're on our way to Jesse's for the party tonight!" Rosalinde blushed angrily. Jesse was supposed to be one of her best friends. 'If she's having a party, why wasn't I invited!?' "I'll be down in 5!" She whispered loud enough for them to hear. Shutting the window and turning back to her room, she practically stomped to the closet and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a plain pink T-shirt. She wasn't after guys tonight, just Jesse. After grabbing a nice cover-up sweater, she slowly creeped downstairs and was out the door. Walking up to the two with crossed arms, she nodded. "Let's go." The other two had obviously been drinking and were a bit tipsy. "I'm driving." She sighed, taking Josh's keys.

When they reached the house, it was obvious that the party had been going on for quite some time. Many drunken teens were slouched over in the bushes puking their guts out, and lights were on in almost all of the upstairs windows. Rosalinde didn't come to parties often. She didn't drink and most certainly didn't let guys touch her in any inappropriate ways. The only reason she was here was for Jesse- the girl who was supposed to be her best friend. "Alright guys, I'll just be a few minutes. I wanna look for-" She turned around to see the two were already making out in the car. "Really!? You can't even take it inside!?" She groaned and turned around, marching into the house. The music was pumping and made her heart beat with hit. Jesse was into rap, but Rosalinde definitely wasn't. She slowly made her way upstairs, shaking her head 'no' to every offered plastic red cup.

GypsyDancer
I AM THE WARRIOR!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:45 PM

dude prty 2 nite. wan 2 crsh? The text read, in reference to a party that some Jesse person was throwing. It was personally not a party Damien would typically crash, but seeing as it had been a while since his last party he decided it was a good idea. Yeah. Pick me up in ten. Damien sent back before going to his bathroom to brush his teeth since he still had spinach in his teeth. After his teeth were clean and sparkling, Damien splashed on a bit of scent that he only wore at parties and it wasn't detectable unless you were close enough to plant a kiss on him. "Hm... I wonder which drunkard it shall be tonight..." Damien mused to himself as he drank his single shot of Jack Daniels. His mother had left to play her weekly card game with her friends not too long ago so Damien was home alone for the moment. Two shots later, Kristofer Mallard pulled up in front of Damien's home in his Dodge RAM 2500 Crew Cab with the black leather seats and a midnight blue exterior and laid down on the horn. "C'mon, man! Hurry your ass up!" The blond shouted out of his window with a bottle of Bud Light in his hand. Damien rolled his eyes and hopped into the passenger seat. "You're lucky I need your drunk ass to drive me places or I would have punched your face in a long time ago." Damien muttered as they took off.

Damien and Kris had gotten to the party just as it started to heat up. The red plastic cups were making their rounds and people started to get a little friendlier than normally, especially the girls. After another hour, Damien was upstairs in a room making out with a girl on a bed. The girl had removed her shirt and was straddling Damien while he pressed her closer to him. He wouldn't go farther than kissing and caressing her bare skin.