monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 05:15 PM

Yeah, I have some money set aside for a house...well, I did, but the person who controls my money, told me after I needed surgery, that I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore. u__u; He's going to use the funds instead to pay my medical bills.
The $10,000 is for *one* of the two surgeries. I'm already on a payment plan for the other. :< but he "doesn't want this bill hanging over me, and also thinks [he] can make my insurance pay for more of it" but I'm still waiting on the EOB.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2017, 05:16 PM

wow... thats intense.

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 12-23-2017, 05:18 PM

Mon, what kind of insurance do you have? Cause $10,000 for a deductible is rather high and seems wrong. I would question the fuck out of that for sure.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 05:21 PM

Hahaha, my deductible is $800 but they aren't covering things even after I met the deductible. >_> Which is why my lawyer person thinks we can "stick it to 'em"
But ayyy its a mess. I've got literally a mountain of medical bills surrounding my computer. The "mess" that was on top of my keyboard was me trying to organize, scan, and sort all of them.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2017, 05:37 PM

oh no! well i hope things work out sweety. i care about you and i want you to have a future, not just a life of debt.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-23-2017, 05:44 PM

Have you considered getting medical assistance, monstahh? :)
I think it's different for every state, but if you qualify then you won't have to pay for hospital stays, etc, and it is based on how much money you make.

It's been a couple of years since I applied for medical assistance, so I can't remember what happened exactly, but I think you can google medical assistance for your state and they will help pay for the previous three months worth of bills you have. It's a lot like Medicaid I think, but it's much easier to get because it's through the state?

I would definitely look into it if I were you, monstahh! :)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-23-2017, 05:45 PM

aw I'm sorry monstahh

---------- Post added 12-23-2017 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava The Vampire View Post
I hate that it's so expensive to get sick in the USA. :(
Doctors charge you an arm and a leg just to get your medication or to get surgery done... It's sad.
I agree that it's very sad that healthcare costs so much in the U.S. because the hospital administrators and executives take away a HUGE chunk of the money.

Insurance and hospital executives and hospital administrators make MORE money than doctors do. It's ridiculous. That's where your money is going. Only a small portion of the money you pay actually goes to the surgeons/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare staff who are actually treating and caring for you. Most of it goes into the pockets of these businesspeople who actually run the hospitals.

Last edited by salvete; 12-23-2017 at 05:54 PM..

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-23-2017, 05:53 PM

im so exicted for christmassss

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-23-2017, 05:54 PM

I am too easty :D

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-23-2017, 05:59 PM

still got lots to do thoughhh

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2017, 05:59 PM

oh no! i just have the baking and cooking to do. i hope you get everything done in time. no much of that is left... time.

Kory

Old 12-23-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
I agree that it's very sad that healthcare costs so much in the U.S. because the hospital administrators and executives take away a HUGE chunk of the money.

Insurance and hospital executives and hospital administrators make MORE money than doctors do. It's ridiculous. That's where your money is going. Only a small portion of the money you pay actually goes to the surgeons/doctors, nurses, and other healthcare staff who are actually treating and caring for you. Most of it goes into the pockets of these businesspeople who actually run the hospitals.
That's even worse. :(
I heard that some doctors get "bonuses" if they perform certain surgeries or if they give out a certain number of pills a year or so.
It's bribery and it costs people more money for things that they may or may not need. So they basically sell people medication at a high cost and they get more money for the hospital executives who keep it going by dangling a carrot (extra money) in front of the doctors' faces and making them give out more costly things.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-23-2017, 06:07 PM

It's sad but that's how they set it up. The executives and administrators set up private hospitals as businesses to profit off everyone from doctors and nurses to patients and their families :/

---------- Post added 12-23-2017 at 01:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastriel View Post
still got lots to do thoughhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
oh no! i just have the baking and cooking to do. i hope you get everything done in time. no much of that is left... time.
I still haven't finished getting gifts together!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2017, 06:09 PM

oh my salvet! are you going to make it?

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 06:12 PM

I don't qualify for medical assistance in my state because I have money in the bank that is more than $2000.
delightful
That was going to go to buying a new car, and also apparently in my state its not retroactive, at least not until you have already submitted an application.

I shouldn't have tried to save money apparently. I was saving for helping my bf get us a new car, which if we had the car, wouldn't count towards disqualifying me. But since the money is in my bank account, it does. So fun. :3

3 years of depositing money here and there into a savings account has apparently screwed me over.
<3

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 12-23-2017, 06:16 PM

i know those feels. my province only helps single mothers who have addiction problems apparently. i actually contacted a place and they were like "do you have kids? whats your level of education? do you have any addiction problems? are you a visual minority?" and i was like "none, university and no and no... but i still need a job" and they were like "sorry we cant help you"

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 06:24 PM

If I had a kid I think there would be more leeway, but, if me and my bf were married I would not qualify at all. He makes "decent" money. And his health insurance is way better than mine. I only just barely don't qualify for medicaid via the government health market. I get a large subsidy though because of just barely not qualifying. And thats sortof a good thing? Because it means I don't have to change doctors or travel several hours to get the care I need. Most places around here don't take medicaid because medicaid in this state/area is notorious for not paying its bills.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-23-2017, 06:26 PM

So glad I have the precious NHS

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 06:30 PM

More specifically, companies that receive medicaid often don't pay their employees, just pocket the money and buy the bare minimum of what they need to keep functioning. So all the quality doctors open their own practices + don't take medicaid.

I genuinely don't know why the state hasn't cracked down on it because I know a lot of people on medicaid through my support groups, but, they all say the same thing: If you can avoid being on medicaid, do it.

I know some people who exclusively have to get online via Skype (not even a secured system!!) "psychiatrists" who aren't actually psychiatrists. They're a special kind of nurse that I forget that can only prescribe certain medications, but they'll call themselves psychiatrists and the company that runs the thing advertises them as psychiatrists but they're not. And I'm on quite a few medications they can't prescribe. :3

Last edited by monstahh`; 12-23-2017 at 06:36 PM..

Kory

Old 12-23-2017, 06:56 PM

That sounds awful. :(
I would say that I got lucky that my state does a lot to help people who can't afford medical bills... But I literally am so poor on my own. I live with my parents so that worked in my favor because it showed that I can't support myself on my own and I receive disability, am diagnosed with schizophrenia and have been hospitalized for it like 8 or 9 times now... I work, but it's not enough to support myself.
I also have a therapist who is in network and was willing to help me get disability, my psychiatrist is also in network which is super lucky! Both were willing to help me get disability and medical assistance because they knew how much I was struggling to pay for my medication and my hospital stays. x.x

My medication cost like $1,000 a month and I tried working more hours but my "disability" made it really hard for me to work, so it was a non-stop cycle of me working extra hours, getting stressed and ending up in the hospital, then me missing work and not being able to afford my medication, so I would have to keep cutting back hours.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 07:02 PM

I haven't really talked to my doctor about disability but I would probably qualify since I can't really hold a job, or would need a lot of accommodations to do so (like free access to a bathroom whenever I need, because when I have to go, I have to GO. And it wouldn't exactly be great for a companies image to have a worker throw up on the floor or worse, on the products)

I've applied to a lot of jobs over the years, but never hear back. Kinda gave up when my health took a turn for the worse last year, and only at the end of this year is anything getting sorted.

Kory

Old 12-23-2017, 07:03 PM

Definitely check it out, if you can. :)
If you feel like it, you can even go on temporary disability, I'm sure, until you feel ready enough to work full time or part time again?

I would definitely ask your doctors about it. I would think that they'd be willing to help you out!

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-23-2017, 07:04 PM

Hm, yeah, I think I will. ><
I just...Part of me is prideful and I didn't want to admit I need it. But at this point...it probably makes sense for me to do so.

Kory

Old 12-23-2017, 07:09 PM

I was like that too. :(
When I first started going to schizophrenia group therapy, my group therapist suggested that I try to apply for disability and she said she'd help me, but I said no because I was too proud to accept the help.

It wasn't until I got sued by the hospital I went to in 2013 that I decided that it was time to accept help! x.x The hospital was suing me because I didn't pay (couldn't afford to pay) for a stay I had in 2013 and even though it wasn't a lot they were suing me for, I couldn't afford it and I didn't want to have my credit ruined because I couldn't afford to pay my hospital bills. D: So I applied for disability in 2015 and got it.

It's been such a weight lifted off my shoulder. :)

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-23-2017, 07:43 PM

I'm back