ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to ToastedWhiskers Send a message via MSN to ToastedWhiskers

Old 03-10-2008, 01:11 AM

[Shall I start, or would you rather? If you want me to start, do you have any particular subject in mind for your teacher to be teaching? XD]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 AM

(( if you wouldn't mind starting that would be great :D and as for subject, I hadn't thought of any yet. Any ideas?))

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to ToastedWhiskers Send a message via MSN to ToastedWhiskers

Old 03-10-2008, 03:36 AM

[Hmm.. I'd say Science of some sort. Biology or Physical Science? Or maybe English. Just as long as it's not Chemistry... XDD Ultimately, it's your choice since you have to be the one coming up with the subject-matter.
And yeah, I'd love to start. Just, real quickly, what do you prefer for the genders, both male or male and female?]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2008, 03:49 AM

(( I really don't car either way, we can do boyxboy or boyxgirl or girlxgirl even. I'm open to whatever and I might have to go with English for the subject.))

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-10-2008, 03:53 AM

[Oh, good- English is my best bet, too. XD I'd really like to go with boyxboy, if you really don't mind. I'll get started on the post in the morning- I'm off to bed right now. G'night!]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 AM

((boyxboy is fine with me :d G'night))

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 PM

Sneakers whispered against the tiles of the quiet hallway, adorned by a man who was altogether unsure of where he was going. Relatively short and slim, he could have passed for any of the students at the school he currently wandered through, his paint-stained jeans and "Don't worry, I'm a professional" T-shirt typical of teenagers these days. With long dark hair pulled back in a low pony-tail and shockingly green eyes set in a youthful face, he looked no older than he had when he graduated high-school; a thought that did not sit well with the baby-faced student teacher. Nor did the thought that he was late for his first day, and the teacher who was going to let him run his english class was probably having doubts about his level of professionalism. Crumpling up the faulty map that his Professor had given him, he groaned, wondering for the millionth time if this was even going to be worth it.

His own high school years had been hell, so why, why was he willingly going back to spend the rest of his career in such a place? It was his calling, he reminded himself, or some corny bullshit like that. 26 years old, he was young for any type of teaching position, but summers and afternoons filled with taking college courses had gotten him through the basics quickly, and his Professors often teased him by calling him the Prodigy. Snorting inelegantly, he turned sharply, searching the doors for the number he needed. "Two thirteen, two thirteen," he mumbled to himself, the brightened when the numbers, as if called by magic, appeared on the door at the end of that particular hallway. Yanking open the door, he grinned easily into the classroom. "Ah, sorry I'm late, this school is ungodly humongous."

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 PM

(( sorry being pulled from computer at the moment but I'll reply as soon as I get back))

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2008, 11:21 PM

[Alright. ^^]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-13-2008, 05:21 AM

The girl who was in the middle of writing on the out of date green chalk board, that had seen many years and probably more to come, paused as she looked at the man who had enter the room. She looked up up and down quickly before a soft flirty smile crossed her lips, he couldn't be much older than herself.

"It sure is" she cooed over her full painted lips before a cough could be heard in the back of the full class.

"Thank you Stacey, you may be seated now." The voice seemed to fill the room as it flowed over the packed seat to silence the whispers of the bodies filling the room. The voice was deep yet had a melody tone that hinted at a well aged man. Soon a rustle of fabric as well as papers entered the still air of the English room as a rather tall man stood from his seat in the back window.

His dark leather loafers padded on the tile that laid on the floor, as the sound of fabric passing by on another covered any noise the shoes would have made. The light tan pants fitted the man well as the dark leather belt seemed to hold the pants at his respectable waist. A white button down top adorn the upper part of his body, the sleeves crudely cuffed and pushed up to his forearms showed off the black leather watch on his right wrist. The mans shaggy blond hair hung over his eyes but was groomed enough for his eyes to be seen through the messy locks. His lips spread into a soft almost smug fashion as he looked at the boy who enter his class.

"New transfer student?" He asked the boy as he made his way over through the rows of desk that were between them. "I wasn't aware I was receiving one today..." The Man trailed off as he looked the boy over, he couldn't be the student teacher he was expecting.

"I guess I can seat you somewhere near the back.." He began before looking at the boy again as if he didn't believe he could be the new student teacher.

((sorry had writers block, still do but not as bad.))

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-13-2008, 08:31 PM

'... What... the hell,' was his main thought when the girl at the chalkboard eyed him and smiled in a wanna-be-sultry manner. 'Like she's gonna eat me,' he mused, wondering if perhaps high school girls had turned towards cannibalism in the time that he'd been in college. She had all the trappings of 'Trying Too Hard', and he wanted to laugh. She thought he was some idiot teenage boy who would be taken in by that act? But good teachers didn't laugh at their student, so he just let his green eyes freeze over, offering her a half-smile that was more irritated than impressed.

His smile froze in place as the other man- Teacher, he was probably the Teacher- asked if he was a Transfer Student and said something about seating arrangements. 'Don't... explode. He doesn't know. It's really, really a bad idea to scream at your boss-for-the-next-six-months, especially on the first day.' Inhaling slowly, he counted mentally to ten, then unfroze his smile, brightening and widening it, turning it towards the taller man. He was used to being mistaken for a high school student, it wasn't really that big of a deal, he tried to convince himself. After all, he got carded every time he went out to drink. He could deal with it... He was unaware that the smile took another couple of years off of his face.

"Haha, thanks, but I'm twenty-six years old- just a little bit too old to be a Transfer Student." He held his hand out, eyes glinting. "I'm Micah Murgh, your, uh, student teacher. Again, sorry that I'm so late. My professor gave me a faulty map." He paused, then turned his head slightly to look at the students. "Although I suppose I should be apologizing to you, for interrupting your lessons." He shoved his hands back in his pockets, smile easing into a faint quirk of the lips. So far, so good.

[That's okay, I understand how that goes. Just for reference, his last name is supposed to have an umlaut over the U- it's Mee-urg, pronunciation-wise.]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 AM

The man only froze in his thoughts as he head turned back to the man whom he had thought to be a new student. His brow only arched slightly as almost bewildered yet apologetic smile crossed his lips. Though he looked cool and calm on the outside, the voice inside was clearly freaking out and making themselves known.

This can't be him!!!... Hes, hes to young. He looks like one of the hell youngs who brought me grief all last semester. I can't believe this... He doesn't even look old enough to drive, let along teach The argument raged on inside him for a moment longer before any true words were thought or spoken.

"I'm sorry, Micah. I took you for one of the students, seeing how your dressed and well you look much younger than any 26 years I've ever had the pleasure of meeting." He lied, he tried his best to remain calm and keep his wits about him but was clearly failing. He couldn't believe they were doing this to him again. The last young thing they sent him almost gave him a heart attack and caused more problems than she was good. Now this?!?! He slowly shook his head as he rested his index finger and thumb along the bride of his nose as if in deep thought.

"you'll have to forgive me, I wasn't expecting you until later on this after noon, I have nothing ready for you yet but if you'll just take a seat over there, we can talk more during passing." He glanced to Micah before pointing off to a chair seated in the far back of the class where he had been sitting before Micah had entered the room.

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-16-2008, 02:11 PM

Micah grinned easily, shrugging. "Yeah, sorry about that, all of my 'professional' clothes were in the wash. And don't worry about it, everyone says the same. It's my curse." He had to be spazzing mentally, Micah knew, as long as it had taken him to formulate that response. As irritating as being mistaken for a high schooler was, man, it was sure as hell amusing to watch the reactions when they found out the truth. He heard a couple of the girls mumbling, and knew this would be all over the school soon enough- behold, the teacher who looks like a student!

"Nah, that's alright, I just tend to try and show up early so I can observe the class before I actually have to do any work. Thanks." He sauntered over to the seat, placing the messenger-bag he'd been carrying at his feet, and folded his hands over his stomach, prepared to watch. It was part of the tactic he had devised while in high school himself. If he observed long enough, he'd figure out what the other students liked, didn't like, what tone of voice irritated them, and he could then use it to his advantage. It was a good thing he still had a while before he himself got to teach this class.

[Mwerr, sorry it's so short. D; I drew Micah to make up for it, though. ^^ He looks too old. =\]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 AM

He only nodded to the boy comment as he tried to remain compose in front of his class. He was soon glad when the boy took a seat in the far back of the class, allowing him to take back him class and go back to the lesson at hand. Though a part of him wanted to end class early so he couldn't go down to the office and give the lil ladies a piece of his mind. They may find it funny to send him these "teachers" but he had had enough. Honestly, once was enough.

Soon he had the class back under order as he went forward on with his lesson. He picked up where Stacey had left on the board and began to lecture on verbs and nouns. Though his mind was going over his new student teacher and how he was going to get out of this one, he remained on topic without folly.

The ring of the dismissal bell couldn't have come sooner as the professor rested he glasses on the solid oak desk, while his other hand was busy rubbing his sore eyes. He hadn't slept well the night before and this lesson wasn't going as well has he had hoped.

He soon regained himself as he lifted the glasses and set them back into place on his face as he glanced back to Micah. He sat on the edge of his desk as he crossed his arms in thought. "So Micah, what did you think?" He asked half curious if the boy had even been paying attention or if was to busy looking over the young flesh in the room.

Something about him was arrogant in the thoughts of the young student teacher, Micah and almost positive he could find a valid excuse to rid himself of the child before the weeks end. It wasn't that he didn't want to give the boy a fair chance, but previous experience's had told him that he was right in his thinking and it was best to nip in in the bud sooner than later.

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-21-2008, 06:34 PM

Micah observed the class as the minutes ticked by, paying more attention to the students than to what the man was teaching. He viewed them from beneath lidded eyes, peering out through his eyelashes and pretending to be asleep. The girl from before- Stacey, or something like that, was it?- was one of the many who paid little attention to the teacher. A few girls sitting together giggled quietly over something, and a couple of boys were passing notes back and forth under the desks- and in the corner opposite from Micah, one girl was staring at the book in her lap, paying absolutely no attention to anything that was going on and idly twirling one brown braid around a finger.

When the students began to file out, Micah yawned and stretched- this was only half an act, as he'd been up with his sister in the emergency room most of the night before, and hadn't gotten to sleep much. He sat up from his slouch, blinking a few times at the brightness of the lights now that he wasn't peering through his dark lashes. He leaned forward and stretched over the desk, then rubbed at his back. "Hmm? These chairs are extremely uncomfortable, for one," he muttered, then shook his head, standing.

"I think your students are bored, and therefore not paying attention to anything you say, which leads to them learning virtually nothing," he said bluntly, pulling the band out of his hair and running his fingers through it mechanically, like a nervous habit almost. "Not to tell you how to do your job or anything, but I've only been out of high school for about eight years, so I remember it pretty clearly. I, like most students, always learned more in classes that were interesting to me. Boring your students with long, monotone lectures isn't helping them or you. You looked about ready to fall over up there yourself a few times."

He tied his hair back again and closed his eyes, leaning against the desk. He knew the question was meant to be a trap; his professors in college asked it often enough that he knew they were expecting him not to pay attention, to goof off, or whatever. He was really, really tired of being judged by his face. Mentally shrugging it off, he crossed one ankle over the other and opened his eyes again, looking at the teacher. "And what should I call you? I mean, I assume you have a name, and you just forgot to introduce yourself."

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2008, 09:20 AM

He only looked at the boy, shocked he had been paying attention. Though his words cut him but it was only top wounds nothing to deep. He knew his lesson for the day wasn't planned out right but with the lack of sleep, he wasn't doing his best game plan. A soft smug almost joking smile crossed his lips.

"Yes, I would have to agree with you. I almost put myself asleep a few times while I was up there. Had to stop myself from dozing off against the chalk board." he joked with what seemed to be a real smile. "Do you think you could prevent sleep from invading the next class?" he tossed at Micah with a lifted brow before another chuckled fell from his lips.

"Yes, I would seem I did forget to introduce myself, but I figured your professor would have told you whom you'd be working with." He seemed less uptight now and almost relaxed as he leaned against his desk in a off hour fashion.

"I'm Corona Sterling, Professor Sterling during school hours." He offered up with a soft nod, causing those shaggy locks to drape across those cobalt orbs he called eyes. Though they were often hidden behind the thin frames of his reading glasses.

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 03-23-2008, 02:45 PM

Micah relaxed imperceptibly- so he'd made it past the first test. Good thing, too. He stifled another yawn, and chuckled. "The next class? Nah, I'd have to know the students to do that effectively. S'why Student Teachers tend to observe more their first few days." He tilted his head. "Didn't you do that? Anyhow, I couldn't do much to prevent sleep from invading myself, much less your next class." Biting back yet another yawn, he shook his head. "Sorry- was up in the emergency room most of last night."

He smiled slightly at the other man. "Professor Sterling? Interesting, I've never met a high school teacher who prefers to be called 'Professor' over 'Mr' or 'Ms'. Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Professor Sterling." He glanced around. "How long is passing time? Shouldn't you already have your next class in here?"

[Sorry for the shortness. Writer's block. D=]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 AM

Sterling only laughed with a soft nod, causing those flaxen locks to bounce as he body shook with the chuckle. "Yes, I suppose you should observer more before I throw you under the bus." He teased before running a hand through those loose locks before glancing to the clock up on the wall. He glanced to Micah from the clock before titling his head into a soft tilt. "What on earth for?" Sterling asked as he gave Micah the once over. "your not sick are you?"

He then turned his full attention the young man before crossing his arms with a soft sigh as the warning bell rang though out almost empty room. "I guess it'll have to wait until the next passing. The student should start flocking in within the next few seconds. Go ahead and take the seat back there and watch. I won't alert them to your presence just yet. I figure its best if your sprung on them without warning." He joked again as a playful smile swept over his lips before he pushed off his desk and began wiping the old board clean and prepping it for the incoming students.

(no worries on this end, I get it all the time and have to just sit and start to write before an idea pops into play. Besides I don't always make such long post unless an idea wants to play :D)

ToastedWhiskers
*^_^*

Old 04-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Micah felt a grin creep across his face- Sterling didn't seem that bad, now. He laughed at the question- now, really, who would be fool enough to come to a high school if they were sick enough to be in an emergency room?- but didn't answer as the bell rang, just giving a small hum of agreement and moving back to where he had been sitting, slouching slightly in the chair and eying Sterling. "Without warning? You're devious, for a teacher," he teased, then glanced towards the door as it opened to admit more students.

He let his chin drop to his chest, eyes appearing to close completely as he watched them through the veil of his eyelashes. A couple of girls were the first to come in, trailed by three boys, all animatedly arguing some point or another. This had potential- just from initial impressions, these students didn't seem the type to ignore teachers in class. Of course... initial impressions couldn't always be right.

[^^ Yeah. Sadly, when writer's block hits me, it hits me hard. Usually I do all the detail-ish stuff, but when I've got writer's block, it all sounds horribly flowery and... yeah. XD]

Divine_lil_brat
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2008, 01:31 AM

((lol yeah I know whatcha mean. I'm kinda on that page. But I'll reply sometime tonight after I fight my block XP))